PDA

View Full Version : Scam?

A790
08-09-2007, 11:04 PM
This sounds kinda sketchy... I've never encountered this. Scam?

> Hi,
> First of all,i must apologize for my reticence with selling my car.I
> love this car and it means a lot to me.I am forced by some personal
> problems to sell it so it is kind of hard for me but this is life.The
> car is like new ,in perfect condition, no marks or need for additional
> repairs what so ever.The real miles onboard, a great car ready to be
> yours. It has no accident or any engine problem.
> The final price is 3000 with shipping for free(if necessary in the
> continental US),since my brother in law works at DAS,and he promised me
> that it will cost me nothing to ship it to you.I dont want to offend you
> by anything but if we are going to complete the sale we are going to use
> Ebay Purchase Program which will cover the purchases up to 20,000 USD.
> If you agree with my terms,i will need your name and address and i
> will contact ebay to inform them about our agreement and to start the
> program to protect us.If this is ok with you and you want me to explain
> how the process works,please email me and i will do that.
> Thank you and i will wait for your email.
>

Team_Mclaren
08-09-2007, 11:32 PM
YES it is, i have 10 of these emails.

GTS Jeff
08-09-2007, 11:50 PM
That's some nigerian english right there.

A790
08-10-2007, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
That's some nigerian english right there.
Fuck, I thought that it may be legit considering that the final bid was just over $3,000.

googe
08-10-2007, 02:30 AM
play dumb and go along with it. dont give him money of course, but itd be funny to see what his "trick" is.

nj2Type-S
08-10-2007, 08:00 AM
yeah, dude..that's definitely a scam..i had the same thing happening to me..this "lady" was telling me a sob story about her "son" just dying so she had to sell her car for cheap...uhhh, yeah, right, lol..:thumbsdow

Mckenzie
08-10-2007, 08:07 AM
Sounds as sketchy as they come....:dunno:

Maybe if you got personal information from this person it would allow you to make a better decision.

G
08-10-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Mckenzie
Sounds as sketchy as they come....:dunno:

Maybe if you got personal information from this person it would allow you to make a better decision.

He can feed you bullshit there is no way to verify what is true.

Team_Mclaren
08-10-2007, 11:02 AM
here are a few more:

Hi again,

As I said in my first email the car is currently located in London, UK. It will be shipped from here by plane with US Air Military Cargo so it will not cost me anything. You will get it to the nearest airport in your area and then it will be trucked forward to your place. Shipping will be done door-to-door, to your exact location, so you will not have to pick the car up yourself.

The price for the car is $2,950 USD. This price includes all the shipping taxes and fees. Ebay will hold the funds until you receive and accept the car.I will have access to the funds only after you test and inspect the car (you will have 10 days to do that) and in case somethins goes wrong or the car is not as advertised you will be fully refunded. Anyway i am sure if you will don`t be satisfied about the car i will surely find another buyer in your area and there will be no need for you to ship the car back. Ebay will guarantee for that. From the moment the payment is secured by eBay the shipping process will begin and it will arrive at your address in about 3 days. You will also receive all the documents including the titles and a Bill of Sale. The cargo is insured so if the car is damaged during the shipping you will also be refunded.
Please reply with your full name and address, and I will start the process with Ebay. You will receive all the transaction details from them.

Hoping to hear from you soon

Hello, I'm Sgt. Michael Moore. The vehicle is in perfect working condition.This vehicle engine runs very, very smooth. No electrical problems,no accidents.The car has 106038 original miles.VIN Number: 1HGCG5641YA007997 , clean title.

I signed up for US military forces and I was sent here with my department to improve the military relations between our country and England. I am located in London, England.One months ago, my wife moved here, with me and brought the car with her, but now we have to sell it back in the United States. We can't drive it because we can't register it here; it has US specs and everything, and registering it here in Europe will take for ever.Plus the steering wheel is on the left side (wrong side for this country). My final price on it is $ 2,900.So if you decide on buying the car, I want the deal closed only through eBay's Safe Purchase program. You will make the payment to eBay and they will hold the money until you receive the car. ONLY AFTER you receive the car and you inspect it, eBay will release the payment to me, in this way we are both protected. If you will take it for this price, I am willing to handle the shipping .It will be shipped from here by plane with US Air Military Cargo so it will not cost me anything. You will get it to the nearest airport in your area and then it will be trucked forward to your place. Please get back to me asap if you decide to buy, and include in your e-mail and your full name and address where you want it shipped so I can start the deal with eBay. You will receive all the transaction, payment and shipping details from them.

Have a nice day,
Sgt. Michael Moore

IRL
08-10-2007, 12:51 PM
With so many of these scams out there...I am extremely shocked you even had to ask!

Originally posted by A790
This sounds kinda sketchy... I've never encountered this. Scam?

> Hi,
> First of all,i must apologize for my reticence with selling my car.I
> love this car and it means a lot to me.I am forced by some personal
> problems to sell it so it is kind of hard for me but this is life.The
> car is like new ,in perfect condition, no marks or need for additional
> repairs what so ever.The real miles onboard, a great car ready to be
> yours. It has no accident or any engine problem.
> The final price is 3000 with shipping for free(if necessary in the
> continental US),since my brother in law works at DAS,and he promised me
> that it will cost me nothing to ship it to you.I dont want to offend you
> by anything but if we are going to complete the sale we are going to use
> Ebay Purchase Program which will cover the purchases up to 20,000 USD.
> If you agree with my terms,i will need your name and address and i
> will contact ebay to inform them about our agreement and to start the
> program to protect us.If this is ok with you and you want me to explain
> how the process works,please email me and i will do that.
> Thank you and i will wait for your email.
>

ianmcc
08-10-2007, 01:14 PM
The car just happens to be located overseas-how convenient that you can't fly in and drive it home. Send him $3000 in Monopoly money-tell him it's really Canadian currency. Write "Bank of Canada" on the bills, in crayon.

A790
08-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Nah, the cars located in the states. I told him to shop it to the border near Sarnia, ON and I'll arrange to hve it picked up ;)

Team_Mclaren
08-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by A790
Nah, the cars located in the states. I told him to shop it to the border near Sarnia, ON and I'll arrange to hve it picked up ;)

basically anything with shipping for free is a scam. shipping cost money. People cant be that stupid....