PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Mazda involved in crime spree!

smarie
08-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Just a couple of month's ago my Mazda 3 2007 was broken into and stolen. Being as I only had the car for 2 days the extra key was hidden in the console... That being said I have always locked my door and tested it before I left the car. I was not aware that Mazda's were so easily broken into! This was the first car that I had purchased and I guess I should have done more research. Regardless of this fact when I purchased the car I paid for a security program called Easycare Etch program. If the vehicle is stolen within a certain amount of days, then they give you $3000 into your pocket. This process takes 10-15 business days from the day they receive all the papers from me. Now the frustrating thing is I have been dealing with insurance companies, police, this etch program, dealerships...the list goes on!!! and it's been 2 months, no money...just frustration! Mazda is saying they can't do anything for me and this damn program is trying not to give me my money because the extra key was in the car. Well, there is more to this nice little story...my car was stolen from my work (family store), the a$$holes went for a joy ride, make a drug deal and I guess it went sour, so they chased this guy in reverse for a couple of blocks and pinned him up against someones house with my car. I have been through such a mess with this whole thing, I could go on an on for hours about this! The fact is Mazda screws people around and if they would have told me in the first place that their vehicles are easily broken into I would have saved myself a whole lot of trouble and stress. I would love to hear all I can from anyone who is willing to share their experience with Mazda's. :banghead:

Team_Mclaren
08-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by smarie
Just a couple of month's ago my Mazda 3 2007 was broken into and stolen. Being as I only had the car for 2 days the extra key was hidden in the console... That being said I have always locked my door and tested it before I left the car. I was not aware that Mazda's were so easily broken into! This was the first car that I had purchased and I guess I should have done more research. Regardless of this fact when I purchased the car I paid for a security program called Easycare Etch program. If the vehicle is stolen within a certain amount of days, then they give you $3000 into your pocket. This process takes 10-15 business days from the day they receive all the papers from me. Now the frustrating thing is I have been dealing with insurance companies, police, this etch program, dealerships...the list goes on!!! and it's been 2 months, no money...just frustration! Mazda is saying they can't do anything for me and this damn program is trying not to give me my money because the extra key was in the car. Well, there is more to this nice little story...my car was stolen from my work (family store), the a$$holes went for a joy ride, make a drug deal and I guess it went sour, so they chased this guy in reverse for a couple of blocks and pinned him up against someones house with my car. I have been through such a mess with this whole thing, I could go on an on for hours about this! The fact is Mazda screws people around and if they would have told me in the first place that their vehicles are easily broken into I would have saved myself a whole lot of trouble and stress. I would love to hear all I can from anyone who is willing to share their experience with Mazda's. :banghead:

any vehicle can be easily broken into, you just need:

http://www.innfusion.com/blogimages/Brick.jpg

And the question of a spare key in the car is probably the dumbest anyone couldve done. I dont blame them for not honoring the payout because your key was in the car.

all in all, shitty deal, hopefully the insurance will cover whats lost.

avow
08-10-2007, 01:43 PM
I guess this is that whole kick the door thing and the lock disengages :(. I heard they had a recall about that, maybe that will help seeing how they are basically admitting that your car wasn't secure.

SteveyBoy
08-10-2007, 01:44 PM
I must be seeing double!

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/186127/easycare-etch-program/

:repost:

JRSC00LUDE
08-10-2007, 01:44 PM
I've always found these work quite well too.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/JRSC00LUDE/rocket.jpg

Kona9
08-10-2007, 01:45 PM
If you knee the door of a mazda three at about the mid point of the door below the keyhole. The door automatically unlocks.

Leaving the key in the car is unfortunately inexcusable. 2 days or not it still is a silly thing to do.

Sorry to hear about your situation.

smarie
08-10-2007, 01:45 PM
I know that they are now re-enforcing the doors, but a lot of thiefs are not going to know that and will damage your vehicle regardless. It's just frustrating to have bought my first car and not be informed that this was an issue. They should have at least told me that I could get the extra panneling in my door, so it would have made it harder to steal my car.

Kona9
08-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by avow
I guess this is that whole kick the door thing and the lock disengages :(. I heard they had a recall about that, maybe that will help seeing how they are basically admitting that your car wasn't secure.

I don't believe there is an actual recall on it. Atleast there wasn't when I was doing research with local dealers for a female friend with a Mazda 3. The factory was made aware of the issue and changed ways after the fact.
Again this could all be the dealers covering their ass and things may have changed since, but last I heard there was no actual recall for it.

boredengineer
08-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by avow

This problem does *NOT* occur on the 2007 models of the mazda3. So sadly the story is just about how someone broke his window and stole his car because he left the keys inside :nut:

smarie
08-10-2007, 02:49 PM
This problem does *NOT* occur on the 2007 models of the mazda3. So sadly the story is just about how someone broke his window and stole his car because he left the keys inside

hmm, unfotunately you're wrong about that. The problems are in the Mazda 2007's that have been made before Jan 1, 2007. Any car made after this has the extra panneling in the doors. So, yes I (female by the way :nut: ) did leave the keys in the vehicle, but if the car was not so easy to break into, then maybe this would not have happened. Some of the fault has to do with the Mazda dealership. Someone should not have to feel so insecure about their vehicle just because it is easily broken into.

--
The female :nut:

Team_Mclaren
08-10-2007, 03:14 PM
This problem does *NOT* occur on the 2007 models of the mazda3. So sadly the story is just about how someone broke his window and stole his car because he left the keys inside

hmm, unfotunately you're wrong about that. The problems are in the Mazda 2007's that have been made before Jan 1, 2007. Any car made after this has the extra panneling in the doors. So, yes I (female by the way :nut: ) did leave the keys in the vehicle, but if the car was not so easy to break into, then maybe this would not have happened. Some of the fault has to do with the Mazda dealership. Someone should not have to feel so insecure about their vehicle just because it is easily broken into.

--
The female :nut:

there are so many other cars out there thats just as easy, if not easier to break in than a mazda3. If you are so insecure then may be you should think twice about owning a vehicle.

403Gemini
08-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
I've always found these work quite well too.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/JRSC00LUDE/rocket.jpg

? playing violent video games?

Tik-Tok
08-10-2007, 06:28 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Put your spare IN THE CAR??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You're a genius

bignerd
08-12-2007, 03:13 PM
I thought normal theft insurance also does not cover cars if the the car is stolen with a key in it? I know when our car was stolen the insurance company taped our conversation(with our knowledge) and asked the same question about 30 different ways regarding keys and any being left in the car.

rage2
08-12-2007, 03:24 PM
So, yes I (female by the way :nut: )
I'm surprised nobody has asked this yet but...

A/S/L? :rofl:

dr_jared88
08-12-2007, 03:30 PM
well in all reality theft is theft. it doesnt matter if you leave your door wide open and the car running. yes you may be silly for doing that, but if someone enters your car and drives away it is still theft. i do not know why you would have left the spare key in the car, but at the same time it really shouldnt matter. there are just too many asshats out there these days.

as for the insurance company crap. yea, expect them to try and get out of it. they never want to pay out so they will try and find every little way to get out of paying you. but just be persistant. i had to fight with carfax for over 3 months before they finally sent me a cheque for inaccurate information.

good luck!

infamous
08-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by rage2

I'm surprised nobody has asked this yet but...

A/S/L? :rofl:

TTIUWOP!!!!!!!

:rofl:

asifka
08-13-2007, 06:06 PM
first mistake: keys left inside
second mistake: you told your insurance

Mazstyle
08-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by asifka
first mistake: keys left inside
second mistake: you told your insurance

I was just gonna post something like that, who the heck tells the insurance company you left a key in the car. That's like leaving your door to your house wide open then trying to get insurance money after. :nut:

Spoons
08-14-2007, 01:25 PM
This kind of reminds me of the post with the guy that just bought a 300, left it running outside his house unattended to let his turbos cool, and someone stole the car.

Best thing is he told his insurance company that he left it running unattended.

Annoyingrob
08-14-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Mazstyle

I was just gonna post something like that, who the heck tells the insurance company you left a key in the car. That's like leaving your door to your house wide open then trying to get insurance money after. :nut:
Well lets say that he tells them the keys weren't in the car, they find the car, with the key in it. He's then on the line for some more serious problems, like insurance fraud.