PDA

View Full Version : Getting sick after workout?

JAYMEZ
08-10-2007, 01:43 PM
Hey guys ,

Anyways just wondering what the causes of throwing up after a work out? Ive been working out for years and doing Kickboxing/Football and other major cardio sports and have never had a problem.

Anyways today I decided to go work out at Lunch time (I usually go at 6pm) .. So I decided to start with cardio (I never start with cardio , but there was alot of cougars so i did lol) and then I did my weights...After a few basic weights , I felt kinda sick , so i decided to go home. Once i got home I yacked like crazy...

-I had my usual breakfast
-I had my heart rate at 160 - 165 the whole time of the cardio.
-I only did a few basic arm and shoulder work out.
-I am not sick at all
-I didnt feel like I had alot of acid buildup in my stomach.
-I took my usual ephedrine/Caffeine/Asprin pills that I take every day.

Feedback ?

shadowz
08-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Lack of sleep ? I find that sometimes after a hard workout on little to no sleep I feel dizzy and want to puke too.

theken
08-10-2007, 02:11 PM
weird, the same thing happened to me, i credited it to lack of food, i got home and almost puked, i ate a protien bar and i was fine

Hakkola
08-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Did you take a break from your workouts?

Good thing you made it home, 2 weeks ago at mrc there was this big fat guy working out. Good for him, he was working hard and it was nice to see him trying to get into shape.

He ended up puking all over the hallway entrance of the men's changerooms. Big puddle. Kind of embarassing.

CCM Pro
08-10-2007, 02:20 PM
perhaps the small changes is what you needed as your body becomes accustomed to routine...even a change in time, order (cardio first) etc.. can do it

TheCheff
08-10-2007, 02:37 PM

Are u taking those on an empty stomach after workout or did u take those after breakfast?

GTS Jeff
08-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Puking = overtraining.

alias
08-10-2007, 02:42 PM
you were just probably having an off day. it happens from time to time. how often do you train? and get rid of the stack that you are using. i know that if gives you a boost and you maybe using this to suppress your appetite. but in the long run it just ads more stress to your body. i have tried a number of different supplements and energy boosters. if you want pm me and i can help ya out.

core_upt
08-10-2007, 02:48 PM
water bottle??

either an old bottle with a build up of bacteria on it

OR

I used to use a squirt-type bottle and found that when working out hard (cardio, weights or both), I'd naturally drink more water, but with the squirt bottle, I'd end up with a lot more 'air' being ingested and it made me naseaus or dizzy. I switched to regular Aquafina/Dasani bottles and haven't had a problem since. Sounds weird, but I searched a few sitres on the net and found people experienced the same thing.

nos_efx
08-10-2007, 03:23 PM
I would say overtraining caused it. I know its happen to me a few times. But I typically feel dizzy and get the cold chills before I puke.

JAYMEZ
08-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by TheCheff

Are u taking those on an empty stomach after workout or did u take those after breakfast?

I took it after a protein bar .. I wanted to get the cardio in on the semi empty stomach.

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Puking = overtraining.

Overtraining in general or just today? I really feel like I did nothing today! Im also debating going back to finish lol

Originally posted by alias
you were just probably having an off day. it happens from time to time. how often do you train? and get rid of the stack that you are using. i know that if gives you a boost and you maybe using this to suppress your appetite. but in the long run it just ads more stress to your body. i have tried a number of different supplements and energy boosters. if you want pm me and i can help ya out.

I train Mon-Sat . Rest on Sundays and have a very light Monday. I feel very shity and lazy if I dont work out.

JRSC00LUDE
08-10-2007, 04:15 PM
You should try getting sick after you eat for a change fatty, maybe then you wouldn't have to work out so much. ;)

JAYMEZ
08-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
You should try getting sick after you eat for a change fatty, maybe then you wouldn't have to work out so much. ;)

Im defiantly not fat lol. I think that joke would be more suited for someone you know...

GTS Jeff
08-10-2007, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ

Overtraining in general or just today? I really feel like I did nothing today! Im also debating going back to finish lol

I train Mon-Sat . Rest on Sundays and have a very light Monday. I feel very shity and lazy if I dont work out. I dunno man, just take it easy for awhile. A couple days rest can never hurt.

wintonyk
08-11-2007, 12:23 AM
How soon after eating did you work out?

I know personally if I consume a meal ( not snack) within 2 hours of the start of my workout I get nauseous. Apparently it has something to do with the amount of time for gastric emptying. Simple foods aren't typically problematic but complex foods that you would have for lunch or dinner may take longer to digest and remain in the stomach.

When working out your blood goes to the muscles (pretty obvious). So digestion is slowed down dramatically when working out.

I usually workout at 6 and have a shake before then after workout i have a meal.

Thats just my .02

Darkane
08-11-2007, 01:49 AM
Puking = overtraining.

Not totally true man. Some people need high rep squats or Rackpulls for example to create Hypertrophy. I know of some guys on my other forum that puke and get sick often because of thier routine and I'll tell you it's not overtraining for them.

GTS Jeff
08-11-2007, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Darkane

Not totally true man. Some people need high rep squats or Rackpulls for example to create Hypertrophy. I know of some guys on my other forum that puke and get sick often because of thier routine and I'll tell you it's not overtraining for them. Well yea, but then again, nothing is ever totally true. There are always exceptions to the rule. Sure, some people can puke their way through their routine and still make gains. Some people can eat 1 meal a day and still gain weight. Some people can barely curl 20lbs and still look like a built 200lb machine...

For most people, when you start puking, it's a pretty good sign that your body doesn't like what's it's being put through any more.

e36bmw///
08-11-2007, 02:10 AM
nm

Oz-
08-11-2007, 10:01 AM
This happens to me when I do my long runs or when it is hot, but lack of water is what it is for me.

If not the overtraining, could be just the first steps of dehydration

aklalani
08-11-2007, 10:19 AM
this happens to me a lot. for me its overtraining or lack of food. i usually go pretty early in the morning and skip breakfast. basically get light headed, almost faint then throw up. Orange Juice helps a lot. :thumbsup:

civic_stylez
08-11-2007, 10:24 AM
In a few of my workout mags, they claim the best thing to do is do your cardio after you workout when your core temp is higher.. you burn alot more calories that way. do a little jog or jump rope to start but nothing major.... try and change your reps.. do more rep with a less weight. If you keep working out at the same time, you body will adapt to it too...

YCB
08-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Barfing after a work out = a good work out lol..

I usually feel like yacking after a good set of squats/hacksquats..

But regarding the sick feeling, I always believed it was a buildup of lactic acid, and not breathing properly. Breathing properly as in a forceful exhale followed by deep inhale..... (a good way to get rid of cramps when your running too)

Just take a few deep breaths next time you feel sick..

FiveFreshFish
08-11-2007, 07:07 PM
Food poisoning?

sl888
08-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Puking = overtraining.
:werd:

wintonyk
08-11-2007, 11:41 PM
i find legs days are usually the most harsh for that sick feeling occuring. Biggest muscles being involved is my best guess

the_fornicator
08-12-2007, 10:43 PM
seriously, just watch your breathing. you're probably just not breathing properly and end up making yourself queezy from lack of oxygen.

00CivicSi
08-19-2007, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by wintonyk
How soon after eating did you work out?

I know personally if I consume a meal ( not snack) within 2 hours of the start of my workout I get nauseous. Apparently it has something to do with the amount of time for gastric emptying. Simple foods aren't typically problematic but complex foods that you would have for lunch or dinner may take longer to digest and remain in the stomach.

When working out your blood goes to the muscles (pretty obvious). So digestion is slowed down dramatically when working out.

I usually workout at 6 and have a shake before then after workout i have a meal.

Thats just my .02

Ugh I type out it all out and I hit the wrong button on my mouse and it went back and deleted it all. so here's the short version, when you workout out blood is diverted from the upper stomach (fundus) to the larger muscle groups causing a spasm which will cause your cardiac sphincter to dialate and you puke. It usually happens when you do large body parts like legs or back.

Mike w
08-30-2007, 04:24 PM
i usually get sick and get headachs when ive taken a supplement and it hasent compleetly worn off, i think its the caffeene but i usualy feel fine after i eat something. maby your body couldnt handle ur caffeene pills today and there was such a rush to your brain that it made u sick

Mike w
08-30-2007, 04:24 PM
i usually get sick and get headachs when ive taken a supplement and it hasent compleetly worn off(N.O-Xplode), i think its the caffeene but i usualy feel fine after i eat something. maby your body couldnt handle ur caffeene pills today and there was such a rush to your brain that it made u sick

shakalaka
08-30-2007, 04:32 PM
I usually feel like that if I've taken creatine on an empty stomach without much water or anything.