5.9 R/T
06-26-2003, 02:23 PM
90-93 Celica (turbo only)
early 90's 300ZX (turbo only)
early 90's SC300
92 and up 3 series
early 90's Stealth (turbo only)
93-up Legend coupe

Criteria: Trying to keep it around 15 grand. Has to have at least 1 airbag. No more than 3 doors. No more than 6 cylinders. No domestics other than the Stealth, and no DSM's. Any other suggestions? My two personal favorites so far are the SC300 and the Stealth. Not to sure if I would be able to find an old enough SC300 to fit my price range though.

Akagi Redsuns
06-26-2003, 02:29 PM
How about the MKII MR2 Turbo? They are resonably priced nowadays and comes with the same 3SGTE from the Celica All-Trac.

I love the 300ZX as a tourer. So plush, comfy, quiet, fast....but yet you can flick the suspension setting to Performance and you feel every bump and can decently handle. Best of both worlds :)

Tough choices ahead for you.......

Vitesse951
06-26-2003, 02:30 PM
What are you looking to get out of the car? Are you planning on modifying it, or keeping it stock? Are you going to race it?

My Pic would be the 300zx TT. It has the best performance, also has great room for upgrades. IMHO it looks better than the other cars.

Just wondering, why no DSMs? I think they are great cars.

My pics in descending order:

300zx TT
Stealth TT
SC300
Celica
3 Series

"Hi, I've decided to do an engine swap with a turbo set up after watching my friend do it but I've never really worked on cars before. I once put altezza's on, and that seemed pretty easy so I'm ready to move on to bigger things. Can someone tell me how you would 'change' an engine?"

That is even worse than the Cold air intake guy!

E36M3
06-26-2003, 02:55 PM
I'd get the cleanest Legend that you could. Second choice would be the Lexus (and still a fantastic choice).

dj_honda
06-26-2003, 03:23 PM
you can get lexus sc300 for that price or less but the kms are way high. i think that would be awesome if you got one for that price and the kms were low.....i like the celica all trac if you can find one!

5.9 R/T
06-26-2003, 03:33 PM
Not looking to really modify it, maybe some BPU's on the turbo cars but other then that nothing. I'm not really sure what I want this time around though. Speed is always nice, but I've been leaning towards more of a comfortable cruiser car lately, hence the reason the 3 series, sc300, and legend are on the list. I've already had a DSM, nice cars, but I don't want to go back to them. I really like the Legend's as well, on paper anyways, I've yet to drive one.

bksze
06-26-2003, 03:56 PM
i'd go with the SC

venture to Van and you'll be able to find one for just a bit over 15grand . . . i assume anyways

my friend bought a black 92? with 114xxx km from van for 17k and it runs real well, got it from a dealership with 6 month warranty too . . . little heavy on the gas consumption but you should be used to that . . . seeing that you drive a 5.9

Redlyne_mr2
06-26-2003, 04:31 PM
MR2 rules but is small, not a great daily driver, 944 turbo, e30 M3

HillBilly
06-26-2003, 05:08 PM
A stealth is sweet but very very expensive to buy upgraded equipment.:thumbsdow

Vitesse951
06-26-2003, 05:27 PM
944 Turbos are excellent daily drivers, IMO. For around 1000 bucks USD, you can have around 260 RWHP.

They handle very well, they are very comfortable. I would reccommend them :thumbsup:

5.9 R/T
06-26-2003, 05:59 PM
How are the 944's for reliability, stock wise anyways? I'd be nervous about insurance costs though on a Porsche, is the 944 a fairly expensive car to insure?

Redlyne is right about the MR2's, I considered them, but they are too small for my needs, and I'd like something that would be fairly decent for winter driving too.

I'm not really looking to make anything super fast, I just want a fairly reliable car that is fun to drive and looks good. If I wanted a stupid fast car I would buy a domestic V8.

Thanks for the help guys.

Redlyne_mr2
06-26-2003, 06:11 PM
I love my 944, its not a turbo but is still a great highway cruiser. I havent had any problems and even if I did parts arent bad at all. Its cool to have a porsche in the driveway too. I would own another 944 anyday, hell you want to up the anty get yourself a 928, 310hp V8, wicked front engine porsche, same one TM used in the movie scarface

Seanith
06-26-2003, 06:34 PM
Good luck finding a turbo Celica..i've only seen one All trac in the city. Plus it would most likely have pretty high mileage and all that.

I would personally go with the 300Zx TT if you can find one..or even a stealth R/T. THose things handle like they are on rails..someone i know has a N/A one and its still fast..
All those cars you listed are sweet cars, and its a matter of looking at a bunch of them and finding a gem. Good luck! :thumbsup: