PDA

View Full Version : Review: Brava Bistro

max_boost
08-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Address : 723 17th Avenue SW

Phone: 403.228.1854

Reservations are strongly recommended.

Ambiance/Atmosphere: 10/10
We sat on the patio and enjoyed the decor as well as the people watching on 17th Ave.

Food (quality, portions, presentation): 10/10
Lots of variety. Myself, my GF and a friend decided to order a bunch of items so that we could sample more of the menu's offerings. We ordered Mussels and Frites, Lobster Poutine, Seared Scallops, Watermelon and Feta Salad and the Moroccan Lamb and Feta Pizza. The food was well prepared and presented. Portions were a little on the small size, hence why we ordered s much. The dishes were tasty and ingredients were fresh and wonderfully seasoned. Every dish was met with praise from all members of my party. Of note was the watermelon and feta salad, something that neither myself or my GF would have usually been inclined to order, left us both pleasantly surprised and received glowing reviews.

Myself and my friend each ordered a mojito and the GF had an ice tea and a virgin caesar. Brava Bistro is known for its mojitos. I found it to be a refreshing summer beverage.

For dessert we ordered the Creme Brulee, Warm Gingerbread Cake and Lemon Tart.

Being a Creme Brulee fan, I have sampled Creme Brulee at many places, besides a french resto in New York, Brava's Creme Brulee was one of the most memorable and delighful I have ever tasted.

My dining companions both told me that their choices were good as well.

Service: 7.5/10
It was moderately busy on the patio where we were seated. There was one server and a bus girl. Water took a little longer to get refilled, but all in all, she was attentive and made herself readily available to anything we might need. She also regularly checked on us.

Pricing: 7/10
For 3 people, the bill came to $150 including the 25% gratuity. A little more than what my GF and I are used to paying, but the experience was well received and we were able to sample more than what we would usually have ordered as our friend dined along with us.

Overall: 9/10
A delightful gastronomical experience was had by all. We will definitely be going back in the near future. Even my GF, who is known to be picky and reluctant to try new things was thrilled with the menu items.

scboss
09-14-2007, 06:03 AM
Interesting.

I've been there, wasn't really impressed with the service or the food.

Try the Muse in Kensington, wayyyy better imo.