PDA

View Full Version : Gallery of Fine cars??

littledan
08-13-2007, 12:20 AM
Has anyone dealt with this place before? I'm in the market for an SUV and was wondering what this scoop is with this place.

is this one of those buy in the east and sell in AB type deals?

Jason04S1
08-13-2007, 12:22 AM
Not anymore they don't

A few friends bought cars from them... there decent.
good priced
Its all brought to them from other dealerships in WESTERN canada
I am now good friends with the owners son.. he told me the scoop

Team_Mclaren
08-13-2007, 12:46 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/184154/gallery-of-fine-cars-shop/

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=177602
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=170258

blueripper6
08-13-2007, 01:10 AM
CHOP-SHOP

Killa_Kam
08-13-2007, 01:12 AM
Gallery of Fine Cars= GARBAGE

be smart if you are going to buy one get it inspected yourself, there too shady.

just my .02

A790
08-13-2007, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by blueripper6
CHOP-SHOP

Uhh... no.

The Gallery of Fine Cars may or may not be linked to a used car dealership of the same name that is located in the greater Toronto area. I say that it may be linked to it because, though it seems 99% likely, I have no taken the time to confirm this.

However, both dealerships sell the same kind of vehicles. I bet if your CARFAXed the VIN's most of them would be eastern.

littledan
08-13-2007, 01:24 AM
THANKS BEYOND!!:thumbsup:

LuxCars
08-14-2007, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Jason04S1
Not anymore they don't

A few friends bought cars from them... there decent.
good priced
Its all brought to them from other dealerships in WESTERN canada
I am now good friends with the owners son.. he told me the scoop

how much did they pay you to post that?

they told me they get all their cars from the east, and thats how they afford to sell them cheaper. I also bought a car from them, had quite a bit of expenses to put into it but i love the car, but only because of the car itself, not because of them.

Moe Man
08-14-2007, 01:15 PM
cars from the east are not that big of a deal. if they are T.O. cars they look just like calgary cars. quebec cars are something to be worried about.

people automaticaly think they are rusted out cars. not true

bobby_lu
08-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Moe Man
cars from the east are not that big of a deal. if they are T.O. cars they look just like calgary cars. quebec cars are something to be worried about.

...:werd:
LOL, biggest bandwagon ever: hating on east cars haha.

Granted they do rust quicker, if you get em before 100k, and decently maintained, no problems.

There are a lot of Alberta shitboxes too...

A790
08-14-2007, 01:32 PM

Not even.

I've lived in Calgary, and now I'm currently living in Toronto, and let me tell you something: the cars out here in Toronto RUST FASTER AND MUCH, MUCH MORE. As well, there are many more fender benders and shit out here.

There's a reason that eastern cars have NO resale value.

2002civic
08-14-2007, 02:04 PM

wrong

jinexile
08-14-2007, 02:38 PM
Gallery screwed over a friend of mine, he put a down payment on his car, then when we went in to assume ownership they told him they sold his car to another person that came in and paid cash and then they tried to sell him a more expensive vehicle. Shady.

Jason04S1
08-14-2007, 03:43 PM
They used to buy from the East.. can you not read??!!

They are good guys... who sell cheaper cars and can finance them.
They buy them cheap.. sell them cheap

JRSC00LUDE
08-14-2007, 03:47 PM
They are good guys... who sell cheaper cars and can finance them.
They buy them cheap.. sell them cheap

Is that because they come from the east?

slick2404
08-14-2007, 03:50 PM
...They buy them cheap.. sell them cheap

thats just dumb business.

Moe Man
08-15-2007, 12:12 AM
i am not sticking up for them at all. i worked on many of their cars before, and i can tell 100% that they are from the east. but i can show you some cars that have 150 000k on them and there is no way of telling it was from the east.

all i am saying is there are some good and bad cars

dee24
08-15-2007, 04:39 PM
hahaha u guys are hilarious
all of u say cars from the east are bad but have u EVER done research cuz from what i seee u guys go by ppls word

western canada has the demand and eastern has the supply
so before u open ur mouth and talk shit do your research

i bought a car from the gallery and its perfectly fine cuz
if u take care of cars they'll be fine think before yaal talk

LuxCars
08-15-2007, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by dee24
all of u say cars from the east are bad but have u EVER done research cuz from what i seee u guys go by ppls word

what the hell does that have to do with anything????
its not because they are produced in the east but because of their incredible rusting speed due to the insane amounts of salt used on their roads and constant accidents and fender benders duuuuuude.

And everyone here is speaking from experience, i only know this shit cause i know people who have lost the whole bottome of their car cause of the fucking rust eating away at their car. like litteraly lost the bottom of the car, just fell right off.

me&you
08-15-2007, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by LuxCars

what the hell does that have to do with anything????
its not because they are produced in the east but because of their incredible rusting speed due to the insane amounts of salt used on their roads and constant accidents and fender benders duuuuuude.

And everyone here is speaking from experience, i only know this shit cause i know people who have lost the whole bottome of their car cause of the fucking rust eating away at their car. like litteraly lost the bottom of the car, just fell right off.

I don't think dee24 was saying anything about the location of manufacture. My take on it was simple supply and demand. There is a growing demand here and excess supply out there. I would bet a large amount of money that at least 60% of the used cars on dealer lots orriginated out east. I will also say that many dealers are putting Alberta cars in the same boat as those from ON due to our increased salt use and the gravel we put on our roads (causing chips leading to earlier rusting). Not as much gravel out east...

And the bottom falling out of your friend's car is no reason to paint all eastern cars with the same brush. Chances are it wasn't a great car in the first place if something that bad happened!

TegLover
08-15-2007, 07:07 PM

Why do research when you have first hand experience with cars from the east? They are shitty cars and hence why they sell for so cheap period.

Whats even more shitty is The Gallery of Fine cars:thumbsdow

tentacles
08-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Most of those Ontario cars probably come from the US nowadays. Importing's a bit easier when you're so much closer to the border and big US urban centers.

GT4rally
08-19-2007, 03:04 AM
Isn't this thread about "Gallery of Fine Cars"?

Eastern cars or not, these guys are greasy!

I went in there last week to look at a car (actually had to go back 3 times to catch the car off the hoist) and they had the nerve to tell me I needed to sit down and "talk numbers" (basically make an offer) before I could take it for a drive!

What sleazy way to do business!

The guy also went on and on about how they go over their cars from top to bottom, make sure everything is perfect... he then hands me the key fob... held together with 6 layers of scotch-tape!!! Nuf said about their quality control.

I also noticed a rediculous sign in each office which said "There is a $400 reconditioning fee and a $200 administration fee on all sales, which is non-negotiable". HAAAA!!! What a joke!

1) Everything is negotiable.

2) "Reconditioning fee"??? So, next time I sell my car, I can tell the buyer I'm charging an extra $400 because I washed the car and vaccumed the interior for them?? Get your huge heads out of your asses Gallery!!!

Needless to say, I walked out of there shaking my head, NEVER to return again!

BlueGoblin
08-19-2007, 03:22 AM
I was in there recently to look at a car; I was skeptical after reading threads here, but I thought it was worth a look just to see.

The car seemed a little ratty for the mileage, though a thorough shine had been put on it. It had a km/h speedo on it but I thought I would ask the sales guy if it was a local car and if there was any history on it.

"Oh yeah - it is a local car most definitely. You can't get history on any cars though, because of privacy regulations. Even if the car came with it we would have to shred it."

uh-huh.

So I open the door to look at the door plate with the VIN on it, and sure enough, the GVWR is listed in pounds, not kilograms. I don't say anything, but look up at the sales guy.

"Uh... we bought it from a local guy. He might have imported it from the US though."

I ask if the mileage is accurate, and if it is in miles or kilometers - if the whole speedo was changed out then the odometer would be innaccurate, and if just the speedo face was changed then it would still be reading miles.

"No, its all accurate in kilometers., guaranteed!"

I'll take a pass thanks; I wouldn't trust them to tell me the time.

A790
08-19-2007, 08:34 AM

I bought a '99 SiR from Hotwheels a couple of years ago (Hotwheels used to be them...lol) and it was from out east. No big deal.

What makes these guys sketchy is their business practices. I never had a problem with them- I went in, test drove the car, bought it, and then left. No big deal. Some have had issues.

So, in general, just be careful.

euro_racer
08-19-2007, 08:44 AM
even though a car from the east may appear to be in good condition, it still has hidden rust....check your exhaust and suspension bolts. i wasted nearly a whole can of wd40 when i did the exhaust and suspension on a very good condition newer car i used to have :thumbsdow