PDA

View Full Version : Subaru prices dropped... cool...why?

BD TTT
08-13-2007, 11:04 AM
I noticed that Subaru has dropped the prices on all their vechiles. Any idea why? perhaps due to the US dollar exhcange rate?

Team_Mclaren
08-13-2007, 03:18 PM
new thread opened, please keep on topic, thanks

Xtrema
08-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Because they know they are ugly?

4wheeldrift
08-13-2007, 07:53 PM
It was in response to the fact that a lot of people were going to the states to get subies, because you could save nearly 10k on a WRX and closer to 20 on a STi if you were willing to put the time and effort into getting one over the border. Import duty and stuff ate into the savings a bit, but when you're talking 15k savings on a car you'd be insane not to cross the border. Apparently the dealers are refusing to honor the warranties on imported cars now though because so many people were doing it.

95EagleAWD
08-13-2007, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Apparently the dealers are refusing to honor the warranties on imported cars now though because so many people were doing it.

Depends on the dealer and brand. The BMW dealer I work for will honor a US Warranty.

Mangina
08-14-2007, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
It was in response to the fact that a lot of people were going to the states to get subies, because you could save nearly 10k on a WRX and closer to 20 on a STi if you were willing to put the time and effort into getting one over the border. Import duty and stuff ate into the savings a bit, but when you're talking 15k savings on a car you'd be insane not to cross the border. Apparently the dealers are refusing to honor the warranties on imported cars now though because so many people were doing it.

My Subaru dealer honors the warranty. Did you have a different experience?

zoik
08-14-2007, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Because they know they are ugly?

+1 :thumbsup:

Mangina
08-14-2007, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

Depends on the dealer and brand. The BMW dealer I work for will honor a US Warranty.

Which dealer is that?

bignerd
08-14-2007, 03:55 PM
You would more likely save only 10K CDN on an STi and less on the WRX once you calculate exchange, duty, GST etc.... For the 07's they still honor the warranty, although they did change the program a bit to make you pay upfront for the repair then Subaru of America re-imburses the customer for any work done.

Dealership service person told me Subaru will not honor warranty on 2008's imported to Canada or it was they will not honor warranty on cars imported after 2007-I can't remember which, either way it is ending really soon.

max_boost
08-14-2007, 05:01 PM
Canadians purchasing 2008 US models and registering them immediately in Ca have to either bring the car to US for warranty work or just pay their local Subaru dealer for warranty work and then get reimbursed by SoA. The refund is in US dollars and the amount normally paid to a US dealer for the job.

Mangina
08-15-2007, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Canadians purchasing 2008 US models and registering them immediately in Ca have to either bring the car to US for warranty work or just pay their local Subaru dealer for warranty work and then get reimbursed by SoA. The refund is in US dollars and the amount normally paid to a US dealer for the job.

That's not a bad deal.