PDA

View Full Version : Big and Tall store for... cars?

BigBadVlad
08-13-2007, 05:15 PM
So I have a coworker who is a bigger than average guy. Tall and a little "big-boned", I don't know exactly.:D Anyways, he has an old Camry that he loves to pieces but it's age is beginning to catch up and have a couple problems creeping up. He's kept it so long because it was one of few cars that "fits" him or he fits in comfortably more appropriately. Lately he's been looking at some different cars and trucks here and there but they all don't fit him in some way or another, usually head on roof or knees on door/center console. The only thing he found so far was an Expedition, cripes:eek:. Anybody else on Beyond a Big and Tall and wish there was a Big and Tall store for cars? Any recommendations from others would be welcome...

bosanel
08-13-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm sure those Chrysler 300 series aren't too small inside, though never been in one. Does your friend want a CAR or a SUV/Truck?

Anel

Tik-Tok
08-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Considering he keeps cars for so long, if I were him I'd look into getting a car seat tracks modified so it can go back further. In theory, all it takes is to move the seat track back, it would take some modification, but I've seen it done on several differnt types of cars.

Hakkola
08-13-2007, 05:27 PM
If he doesn't mind used, an S-Class or 7 series has loads and loads of room, Even 5 series or E-Class would do the trick. The seats are adjustable by height and rear/forward. I'm 6'2 and can move the seats far enough that I'm not even close to touching the peddals and I could have about 10 inches of headroom if I wanted, Shaq could fit in my car.

If he needs room, BMW or Benz are the most likely to fit, especially the early 90's models.

BigBadVlad
08-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll pass it on. I did the Chrysler test drive thing down at Spruce Meadows a year or two ago and I don't remember the Magnum/300 being overly spacious. I wasn't cramped but I don't think I had a significant amount of extra room either (6'1"-220lbs).

I'm not sure about the seat tracks idea as you really couldn't be sure about how well it'll work until after you buy the car.

He may not be quite :bigpimp: enuff for a newer Benz or Bimmer but I'll suggest it. I'm sure he could swing a 90's one though, just don't know if he is preferring new and not used.

I wonder if he could something like 66 Lincoln Continental with the rear suicide doors! :bigpimp:

bobby_lu
08-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Get one of those MINI-semis like there was a thread about earlier

ca18det240sx
08-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Maxima, lots and lots of headroom, same class as camry.

whiskas
08-14-2007, 03:46 PM
Your best bet would be to walk around the domestic and euro import dealerships.

jdmakkord
08-14-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by whiskas
Being 6'5", I also have trouble fitting into some cars. I have yet to fit into a Mazda, I made quite a scene a few years ago trying (and failing) to get myself out of a miata during a car show. Hondas aren't that much better. And I agree Toyota's are fairly good when it comes to tall people, even their smaller cars are quite spacious.

I was suprised at the amount of room in the new golfs/GTI. It was the first car I have ever been in that allowed me to push the seat so far back I could barely touch the gas pedals with my feet.

Your best bet would be to walk around the domestic and euro import dealerships.

My 6'6" bro in law drives an 06 mazda 3 sport with no problems. Its the only compact/sub compact he could fit into.

boredengineer
08-14-2007, 03:59 PM
Yeah I am 6'4" and when I was looking for a car I found I fit very well in the mazda3/mazda6 as well at the VW. The rabbit and the GTI were out of my price range so it ended up being a mazda3. :thumbsup:

PS: I don't fit in *any* toyota/honda :|