PDA

View Full Version : Man sues McD's for putting cheese in his burgers when requested not to

copynpaste
08-14-2007, 01:12 AM
http://www.dailymail.com/story/News/...or-10-million/

SteveyBoy
08-14-2007, 01:26 AM
well i didn't see the story on the link but judging by what the name says this is just another example of the Redickulous bullshit americans will come up with to waste lots of peoples time and money inorder to create an opportunity of self betterment.

there should be a law passed saying that people can not sue anyone whatsoever if in anyone's mind the reason sounds completely fucking retarded...
oh well whatever

arian_ma
08-14-2007, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by SteveyBoy
this is just another example of the Redickulous bullshit
And THAT is just a ridiculous example of someone attempting to spell.

But yes, that man is hopelessly stupid.

TKRIS
08-14-2007, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by SteveyBoy
well i didn't see the story on the link but judging by what the name says this is just another example of the Redickulous bullshit americans...

Canadians are every bit as petty, rapacious, and litigious as Americans.

Dayclone
08-14-2007, 08:41 AM
Wow... people are pretty greedy for money. It's like every little thing people are doing wrong someone's gotta sue. Just like the flowers incident.

topher91
08-14-2007, 08:46 AM
:nut:

Kona9
08-14-2007, 08:49 AM
Karma works in many different ways and angles.

thrasher22
08-14-2007, 08:53 AM
:dunno: link doesn't work?

googe
08-14-2007, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by TKRIS

Canadians are every bit as petty, rapacious, and litigious as Americans.

Definitely not true.

frozenrice
08-14-2007, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by googe

Definitely not true.

^^ okay. you're right. just people from B.C.

On that note, I was watching CNN a few weeks ago about that guy suing the drycleaners over a pair of pants. The legal expert they were interviewing was saying that the consumer protection laws were originally intended to protect people from seller blatantly trying to rip them off. It was not meant for these frivoulous lawsuits. Obviously, people found loopholes in this and exploited it.
:thumbsdow

cmodem
08-14-2007, 09:12 AM
Lets all go to mcdonalds buy a hamburger and get your friend to buy a cheeseburger and switch it! Even better if we can find someone who has lactose issues.

Antonito
08-14-2007, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by frozenrice

^^ okay. you're right. just people from B.C.

On that note, I was watching CNN a few weeks ago about that guy suing the drycleaners over a pair of pants. The legal expert they were interviewing was saying that the consumer protection laws were originally intended to protect people from seller blatantly trying to rip them off. It was not meant for these frivoulous lawsuits. Obviously, people found loopholes in this and exploited it.
:thumbsdow

I'm trying to think of the last case in BC involving multi-millions for emotional distress, and I can't think of one. Canadas laws pretty much make it not worth it to sue for stupid things like mental distress as it's usually only worth a few sessions with a psychologist and a few sick days pay.

The best part of the pants lawsuit was that it was a lawyer that was suing. He said he'd keep a few million to live on easy street and give the rest to charity. He mostly wanted to pursue the lawsuit to "make sure lawsuits like this can continue". Thank god he got shot down

TKRIS
08-14-2007, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by googe

Definitely not true.

To clarify: The Canadian legal system blocks most claimants from making frivolous lawsuits. Due to variables outside the scope of the courts (such as universal healthcare), punitive damages here are minimized, and, dare I say, more common sense is exercised.
That said, my claim was never that Canada has as many capricious lawsuits come before the court. However, we owe that debt to the system of checks and balances that comprise our legal system, not to the population that would otherwise seek to exploit it.

In short: Canada doesn't have as many bullshit lawsuits because our courts won't allow them to, not because we, as a people, are somehow morally superior or more intelligent than Americans.

msommers
08-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Finally! My lactose intolerance is going to pay off

2002civic
08-14-2007, 12:52 PM
in canada you also won't get anything that you didn't lose, so to prove that the cheese harmed you wouldn't provide any financial loss to yourself unless your allergic and missed work etc etc

gatorade
08-14-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Antonito

I'm trying to think of the last case in BC involving multi-millions for emotional distress, and I can't think of one. Canadas laws pretty much make it not worth it to sue for stupid things like mental distress as it's usually only worth a few sessions with a psychologist and a few sick days pay.

The best part of the pants lawsuit was that it was a lawyer that was suing. He said he'd keep a few million to live on easy street and give the rest to charity. He mostly wanted to pursue the lawsuit to "make sure lawsuits like this can continue". Thank god he got shot down

Actually it was a judge lol