PDA

View Full Version : Best Website for Running Office NHL Pool?

efjay40
08-14-2007, 10:34 AM
Folks,

I'm looking to run a office NHL pool this season. There seems to be tons of options out there but I can't find any recommendations or reviews of which is best.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good site/host to use for this?

Much appreciated.

-bp

E46..sTyLez
08-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Ive used officepools.com before. it was good shit. check it out

ken-gsr
08-14-2007, 10:38 AM
^werd, that is the one we always use. Does all the work for you.

CaptainReboot
08-14-2007, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by E46..sTyLez
Ive used officepools.com before. it was good shit. check it out

Agreed. We use that for our pools. It is a pain to enter like 200 employees and 10 players each, but that takes prioirty over regular work!

TheCheff
08-14-2007, 12:40 PM
yahoo is a lil more interactive & much better then officepools.com imo. But if u have a lot of ladies entering that dont want to maintain their teams just go with officepools. With yahoo pools u have bench players so u rotate your lines alot and u can make trades throughout the season and pickup/drop players much more interactive

5hift
08-14-2007, 12:50 PM
Yahoo is pretty weak as well. They are never up to date and are missing lesser known players at times.

It depends on how serious the people involved are. Whether they are big hockey fans who follow stats and scores daily, or just people who want something to participate in at work to kill some time.

Cbssportsline.com/fantasy is by far the best for sports pools, but it isnt free (price varies depending how you do it). Me and my friends run a yearly 25 team, head to head league for the NHL on cbs with a life draft with trades, waiver wire and adjustable rosters. We have a $100 entry fee to weed out the people who wont update their rosters regularily (1st place gets $500, 2nd gets $250, 3rd gets 100, plus a ton of weekly cash prizes). Its more realistic this way, you have to draft up and coming players, farm team call-ups, etc, unlike a typical hockey pool, where everyone's lineup is full of all-stars. Makes watching hockey a lot more interesting, and you find yourself following players and teams that normally you wouldnt care about.

TIP: Dont be the guy who drafts all Calgary Flames

2002civic
08-14-2007, 12:50 PM
officepools!

sexualbanana
08-19-2007, 11:06 PM
i've used thehockeypool.com

i habe no complaints, though i think they charge $1 per poolie

cornelius85
08-20-2007, 07:25 AM
www.hockeydraft.ca worked well for us last year

mdeluxe
08-20-2007, 07:54 AM
poolexpert.com

I used this for the NHL playoffs, its relly good, keeps all kinds of stats, and you can see who plays tonight. pretty much the best ive seen so far

88CRX
08-20-2007, 08:19 AM
I've always used office pools... no complaints at all.

Dave P
08-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
i've used thehockeypool.com

i habe no complaints, though i think they charge $1 per poolie

+1

been using that one for a few years. never any complaints