PDA

View Full Version : Which car would you picK?

Pages : [1] 2

Boostn
06-27-2003, 12:56 AM
Out of the following list, I'll be adding one of these to my collection but I'm in no hurry. I'm looking for a car with huge performance potential and aftermarket. Any experiences to encourage or dissuade me from the cars on this list? Which would be your overall pick?

94-95 Supra TT
91-95 300ZX
93-95 RX7 TT
92-95 Stealth TT or VR4
97-98 Eclipse AWD T
91-92 Acura NSX

RiceCake
06-27-2003, 12:59 AM
Supra gets my vote. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Redlyne_mr2
06-27-2003, 01:00 AM
Seeing by the list of cars you already own Id go for the outright power potential of the Supra, keep it all in the family;)

max_boost
06-27-2003, 01:00 AM
Huge potential? Look no further than the Supra

FiveFreshFish
06-27-2003, 01:29 AM
My vote is for the Supra, for reasons stated by Redlyne_mr2.

redline_13000
06-27-2003, 01:33 AM
Supra

Team_Mclaren
06-27-2003, 01:47 AM
RX-7 TT, me bein a mazda guy and all :clap:
i love how they look and everythin, but if u can wait i would take the RX8 ever if its not on the list...

i think that all those cars have huge potenial to "go". anyone of them would be a good choice if u have the cash:D

EG STyLeZ
06-27-2003, 02:02 AM
definitely the supra tt

That.Guy.S30
06-27-2003, 02:06 AM
well if your interested in a first gen acura nsx my cuzin is selling his..

Wildcat
06-27-2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Boostn
Out of the following list, I'll be adding one of these to my collection but I'm in no hurry. I'm looking for a car with huge performance potential and aftermarket. Any experiences to encourage or dissuade me from the cars on this list? Which would be your overall pick?

94-95 Supra TT
91-95 300ZX
93-95 RX7 TT
92-95 Stealth TT or VR4
97-98 Eclipse AWD T
91-92 Acura NSX

dude... supra, it shouldnt even be in the same list as these other cars...

94-95 Supra TT -best platform ever... that is all
91-95 300ZX -overated
93-95 RX7 TT -problematic
92-95 Stealth TT or VR4 -i like em... its got my vote for 2nd place..
97-98 Eclipse AWD T -another awesome platform, but its chump change next to the supra...
91-92 Acura NSX - way too underpowered for a "supercar"

sin
06-27-2003, 02:50 AM
supra of course, cause with NAWZZ and a wing theyre 10 second cars...

Blue Devil 2
06-27-2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by sin
supra of course, cause with NAWZZ and a wing theyre 10 second cars...

don't forget the decals!!!

TEG_G2
06-27-2003, 07:44 AM
Supra!

stealth
06-27-2003, 08:53 AM
Supra

syeve
06-27-2003, 09:34 AM
I cant believe you guys would pick a Supra over an NSX...have any of you actually driven a Supra?

My vote NSX

mwmhong
06-27-2003, 09:49 AM
I'd pick the Dodge Stealth.

Vitesse951
06-27-2003, 09:51 AM
If power is your Goal, then its the Supra, hands down. If you are looking for handling, I would go with the RX-7.

itsnotaDUB
06-27-2003, 09:54 AM
i think i would take any of those cars...

94CoRd
06-27-2003, 11:23 AM
300 ZX :D

ninjak84
06-27-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by syeve
I cant believe you guys would pick a Supra over an NSX...have any of you actually driven a Supra?

My vote NSX

I vote NSX too.... none of those cars even compare.

2.2vtec
06-27-2003, 12:08 PM
I vote nsx, looks better then all the rest, and nothing beats acura reliability!!!!!:thumbsup:

ACS-e36
06-27-2003, 12:17 PM
NSX!!!

Moonracer
06-27-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat

91-95 300ZX -overated
97-98 Eclipse AWD T -another awesome platform, but its chump change next to the supra...

Looks like TF&TF part one had a huge influence on everyone here. And why shouldn't the supra be on the same list as the rest of these cars??? Every one of these cars have a lot of potential for tuning, the supra is becoming overrated and it's no better than most of these. But don't get me wrong it certainly is a great car and all but as I said....
Anyway the NSX for me of course! :rolleyes:

Gondi Stylez
06-27-2003, 12:41 PM
1st - SUPRA TT
2nd - NSX
3rd - 300 ZX TT
4th - ECLISPE AWD T

max_boost
06-27-2003, 01:12 PM

My vote NSX haha good point! I haven't driven any of the above!!!:rofl: All magazine readings

pinkchik
06-27-2003, 01:31 PM
even though I love the NSX I would also have to go Supra, they r so fgn awesome!!!:love:

rage2
06-27-2003, 01:42 PM
I believe this is what they call a rhetorical question? :)

diesel_boy
06-27-2003, 03:16 PM
supra all the way

Boostn
06-27-2003, 04:16 PM
Thanks for all the opinions! OK so it seems like the general consensus is the Supra TT. Actually it's one of my favorites as well. I just wanted to see what other ppl's opinions were on the topic. Personally I like all the cars on the list so it's still a difficult choice. The dark horse is the NSX, don't know a whole lot about it. How are pwr mods for this car? I'd like a FI solution if possible. Does it have the same amount of potential as a Supra with a similiar amount of dough? I think a newer Supra would be cheaper than an older NSX. Another issue is availability. It's damn near impossible to find an almost stock, low mileage 94-95 Supra TT nowadays especially in Canada. If you do happen to luck upon one, they're usually sold within days for the full asking price or more, which can fetch upwards of $40K+ easily. There seems to be way more demand than supply right now. NSX's are probably the same way but not sure. However RX7's, 300ZX, DSM, Stealths seem to pop up from time to time for a much more reasonable price. I've heard that awd Stealths are extremely heavy, made for touring more than sport, is this true??

E36M3
06-27-2003, 04:24 PM
1st place 91-92 Acura NSX

Light, responsive, extremely reliable

2nd place Supra

Heavy and boy racer looking, but lots of fun.

3rd place RX7 TT

Unreliable, but great looking and lots of power

4th Place 97-98 Eclipse AWD T

Pretty fun for a FWD biased car.

5th Place 300ZX (assuming TT)

Overly complex, somewhat unreliable and pretty boring

6th Place 92-95 Stealth TT or VR4

Slow, heavy and unreliable. Steering is numb, interior is not that great. VR4 and TT have way too much going on.

I've driven all of these cars, so I'm not just talking out of my ass (like usual).

Altezza
06-27-2003, 05:32 PM
The look for the NSX is very exotic. I'd pick this if I wasn't going to heavily mod the vehicle.

If you're looking to go all out on mods, I'd pick the Supra...2JZ-GTE has enormous potential.

In the end, I'd take the NSX. My neighbour just picked one up about 2 weeks ago.

Doodle
06-27-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Vitesse951
If power is your Goal, then its the Supra, hands down. If you are looking for handling, I would go with the RX-7.

:werd: :werd: :werd:

boi-alien
06-27-2003, 05:51 PM
nsx, not questions about it.

a_peep
06-27-2003, 06:03 PM

My vote NSX

:werd:

hjr
06-27-2003, 08:26 PM
nsx is cool, but way to expensive for what you get. Now supra is really cool, and not really overpriced too much.

Redlyne_mr2
06-27-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer

Looks like TF&TF part one had a huge influence on everyone here. And why shouldn't the supra be on the same list as the rest of these cars??? Every one of these cars have a lot of potential for tuning, the supra is becoming overrated and it's no better than most of these. But don't get me wrong it certainly is a great car and all but as I said....
How can you call a car that you know nothing about overated? F&F has nothing to do with the popularity of the Supra large hp numbers is extremely easy out of that car plus it has all the luxury amenities and style anyone could ever want. Boostn already has a great handling car, the mr2, and a daily driver, the celica, why not go for a drag car. The NSX is gorgeous but is still expensive for its age. Getting decent power out of the NSX costs a ton of money and really isnt worth it IMO. Look at nosoup4U, he's running low 11's with full interior and a stock bottom end , this year he may make it into the 9s. Still think the Supra is overrated?:)

/////AMG
06-27-2003, 08:47 PM
I would go with the 300ZX or RX-7

treg50
06-27-2003, 09:23 PM
1. Tie: NSX & Supra
3. RX-7
4. Eclipse
5. 300ZX

I'm speaking strictly on the design and look aspect: All these cars are cool. But even with out modding, the stance and the shape of the NSX is the most exotic, cool, and unique. It's the closest thing on this list to a McLaren F1 (in terms of design that is, if you like that car like I do). The whole "long front & short back" design is very common. This includes the Supra, RX-7, even cars like the Skyline, Tiburon, Prelude, Integra.

Didn't the 300ZX have a TT once? If you want a 300ZX check out the TT version.

dkhy
06-27-2003, 10:23 PM

My vote NSX

I agree. My vote goes to NSX too..... drove both of them and I just love the NSX... btw, do you really need 500hp+ on public street?? How far would you go?? 1000hp+?? I think NSX has potential too... not too far behind

mk3supra
06-27-2003, 10:26 PM
can't go wrong with the SUPRA!!!!

That.Guy.S30
06-27-2003, 10:45 PM
my cuzin has a nsx and i love it.. its beautiful

DonJuan
06-27-2003, 10:51 PM
Fastest documented supra i've read/seen 850 hp, 1000+ hp not un heard of. Fastest documented NSX i've read/seen 550 hp (MUGEN NSX GT1 race version). The this is a one sided argument. I'm a nissan guy and I still say Supra, toss a skyline in there, and it'll be one sided again but with Godzilla on top!:burnout:

Dope Dealer
06-27-2003, 11:02 PM
Doesn't the Top Secret Supra have over 1000 HP?

Boostn
06-27-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by DonJuan
Fastest documented supra i've read/seen 850 hp, 1000+ hp not un heard of. Fastest documented NSX i've read/seen 550 hp (MUGEN NSX GT1 race version). The this is a one sided argument. I'm a nissan guy and I still say Supra, toss a skyline in there, and it'll be one sided again but with Godzilla on top!:burnout:

It's too bad the last Skyline GT-R never made it here in LHD format... if so, then I would also seriously consider it. Now that would have made the decision so much tougher. Man I love variety and competition! Just wondering what the next gen one will be like? Will it retain the awd, twin turbo and inline 6 platform? Only time will tell...

Team_Mclaren
06-28-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer
Doesn't the Top Secret Supra have over 1000 HP?

ya but im pretty sure that its skyline powered. (RB)

Wildcat
06-28-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Moonracer

your an idiot, dont you ever talk down to me again you fucking newb... i also suggest you pull your head out of your ass and do some research on the supra...

Joe Malms
06-28-2003, 02:08 AM

91-95 300ZX -overated

are you kidding me?
although the rx-7's are quirky they ARE in the same league as the supra.
I guess your camaro (or SS camaro's) is leagues below a c5 then too right?

Wildcat
06-28-2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Joe Malms

are you kidding me?
although the rx-7's are quirky they ARE in the same league as the supra.
I guess your camaro (or SS camaro's) is leagues below a c5 then too right?

when was the last time youve seen an +800 rwhp street legal Rx7?

yes the camaro is in a league below the corvette... first of all its a 4 seater muscle car and the corvette is a 2 seater sports car... are you trying to prove a point here or.... :dunno:

Joe Malms
06-28-2003, 02:25 AM

yes the camaro is in a league below the corvette... first of all its a 4 seater muscle car and the corvette is a 2 seater sports car... are you trying to prove a point here or.... :dunno:

Interesting comment on the camaro being a 4 seater muscle car and the vette being a 2 seater sports car.
Did you happen to know the supra is a 4 seater car and the rx-7 is a 2 seater?
Not the strongest arguement

For one thing, the rx-7 is a nice 600lbs lighter.
One of the reasons it can't make as much power is the engine is simply smaller.

Don't get me wrong, i'd own a supra if i could and yes, the engine is amazing. Seeing as you're probably into drag racing (judging by your only argument being HP) the rx-7 can go pretty fast too.

Have you ever driven any of the cars on that list?
I doubt it. Probably just reading a bunch of internet forums right?
No im not psychic.

I'd rank the NSX with the rx-7 and supra as well if it wasnt so overpriced.

Wildcat
06-28-2003, 02:35 AM
Interesting comment on the camaro being a 2 seater muscle car and the vette being a 2 seater sports car.

probly just a typo but it doesnt stray far from your lines of stupidity...

ya i noticed.... the 4 seater licks the 2 seater every time...

does it matter? put your mom in the rx7 with ya and we'll call it even...

excuses excuses...

Don't get me wrong, i'd own a supra if i could and yes, the engine is amazing. Seeing as you're probably into drag racing (judging by your only argument being HP) the rx-7 can go pretty fast too.

but never as fast, the supra was a freak of nature unleashed by toyota due to millions upon millions of R&D.... mazda Rx7... simply a car that did not sell...

no, but im sure your friends uncles cousin has...

No im not psychic.

psychic no; fag yes

only smart thing you have said, i agree im not a fan of the NSX either..

Moonracer
06-28-2003, 07:05 AM

your an idiot, dont you ever talk down to me again you fucking newb... i also suggest you pull your head out of your ass and do some research on the supra...

Grow up! My god.....:rofl: You seem pretty insecure.

Joe Malms
06-28-2003, 08:44 AM
Interesting comment on the camaro being a 2 seater muscle car and the vette being a 2 seater sports car.

probly just a typo but it doesnt stray far from your lines of stupidity...

ya i noticed.... the 4 seater licks the 2 seater every time...

does it matter? put your mom in the rx7 with ya and we'll call it even...

excuses excuses...

but never as fast, the supra was a freak of nature unleashed by toyota due to millions upon millions of R&D.... mazda Rx7... simply a car that did not sell...

no, but im sure your friends uncles cousin has...

No im not psychic.

psychic no; fag yes

only smart thing you have said, i agree im not a fan of the NSX either..

I gave some valid points whereas you simply tried to insult me?
Nice.
Be sure who you're talking to before you make assumptions decide get personal.

Wildcat
06-28-2003, 01:26 PM

I gave some valid points whereas you simply tried to insult me?
Nice.
Be sure who you're talking to before you make assumptions decide get personal.

not once were your points valid... if they were, i wouldnt be arguing with you in the first place...

redec
06-28-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by E36M3

4th Place 97-98 Eclipse AWD T

Pretty fun for a FWD biased car.

FWD biased?....how's that?

redec
06-28-2003, 03:30 PM
1. Supra - massive potential
2. Eclipse - large potential (AWD rocks)
3. 300ZX - nice car, quite a bit you can do to it, quite expensive tho
4. Stealth - sweet-ass car, with potential, but heavy
5. NSX - nice car, good reliability, but really not that impressive to drive, and really not worth what you'll end up paying for it
6. RX7 - overrated :P

STI-Guy
06-28-2003, 03:40 PM
Supra.

The HKS Drag Supra piloted by Tetsuya Kawasaki ran its fastest 1/4 mile time ever and also delivered its highest trap speed at the NHRA Sport Compact Series Drag Race held at Old Bridge Township Raceway Park, Englishtown, NJ.

The Supra during shake-downs ran a 7.296 ET with a trap speed of 166.95 MPH. With a good feel for track conditions the HKS crew decided to go for it all and Kawasaki delivered a 6.956 ET at 199.37 MPH, and then backed it up with a tremendous pass running 6.893 at 193.13 MPH. The HKS Drag Supra's run of 6.893 eclipsed its previous best 1/4 mile ET of 7.277 posted at Sendai Highland Drag Raceway, Japan.

STI-Guy
06-28-2003, 03:43 PM
Sorry, forgot the pic.

tegdream
06-28-2003, 03:50 PM
i dont care what you say that the nsx isnt as "fast" but the rest of the cars in that list do not even compare to it IMO

StrokeD z
06-28-2003, 03:56 PM
that supra above doesnt even have a toyota engine in it i bet......its prob a V8 in other words thats not even a supra

every thing that wildcat sayed is true.....and if i where to pic what car to have it would be the nsx(i will sell it and buy a camaro and put the rest of the money in to the engine.....lets see any HONDIY match that)

yo buddy dont spend any of your money on thoses cars go buy a camaro

STI-Guy
06-28-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by redec
6. RX7 - overrated :P

How so?

The RX7 is one of the most legendary cars to ever be produced in Japan with multiple GT car championship titles among other countless other titles to prove it.

- IMSA record holder = MAZDA
- Over 100 victories in the 20 years of IMSA
- Porsche was second with 55 victories
- 11 year winning streak = MAZDA

We can go on and on.

http://me.a-spec.ca:6112/a/Mazda/Mazda_Ads/Mazda-Ad-RX-7-0018.JPG

Your ignorance is apalling. The RX7 doesn't need big HP numbers to get low ETs. A 350rwhp RX7 will WALK a 350rwhp Supra decisively.

50/50 weight distrubition as well as a 2700lbs chassis more than compinsate for the HP. You need to take your own advice and quit talking out of your ass. You haven't the slightest clue of what you are talking about.

STI-Guy
06-28-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by StrokeD z
that supra above doesnt even have a toyota engine in it i bet......its prob a V8 in other words thats not even a supra

It runs a Toyota Tundra V8. It's still a testiment to Toyota's engineering. Still a LOT of Supras running the 2JZ motor get into 10s and 9s consistantly. Some even in the 8s (Titan Motorsports [streetable], MVP Motorsports).

I'm also about 80% sure that JUN's Drag Supra runs 6's with the 2JZ-GTE.

silverEL
06-28-2003, 04:43 PM
NSX!!!

StrokeD z
06-28-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by STI-Guy

It runs a Toyota Tundra V8. It's still a testiment to Toyota's engineering. Still a LOT of Supras running the 2JZ motor get into 10s and 9s consistantly. Some even in the 8s (Titan Motorsports [streetable], MVP Motorsports).

I'm also about 80% sure that JUN's Drag Supra runs 6's with the 2JZ-GTE.

STI-Guy
06-28-2003, 04:46 PM
:p

Joe Malms
06-28-2003, 05:40 PM

not once were your points valid... if they were, i wouldnt be arguing with you in the first place...

in fact, my points were. Its a lighter car. Thats something to consider when purchasing a sports car in case you didnt notice in your fucking pig of a shitbox camaro.

And yes the engine is smaller, thus less potential. I'm sure you'd say the same if someone was arguing a viper can make more power than a camaro.

You want to be a smartass and get personal thats fine with me bitch.

Wildcat
06-28-2003, 05:50 PM

in fact, my points were. Its a lighter car. Thats something to consider when purchasing a sports car in case you didnt notice in your fucking pig of a shitbox camaro.

And yes the engine is smaller, thus less potential. I'm sure you'd say the same if someone was arguing a viper can make more power than a camaro.

your right i didnt, nor do i care, its called torque faggit, and itll still beats your busspass...

Dont put a camaro in the same category as a viper you silly silly boy...

funny how a corvette has the exact same engine as a camaro and its only a couple tenths slower than the viper on a straight line, plus itll own its ass on a road course time after time

the corvette is 10 times the better platform than a viper, with the money you spend on a SRT, put it into a z06... there will be ownage in more ways than one..

you better beleive it you little shitbreak. take you benchracing to the bus shelter where you belong...

Joe Malms
06-28-2003, 05:55 PM
Once again, you dont know a fucking thing about me kiddo. Don't assume.
You dont know shit about the cars mentioned. Stick to your torquefull shitbox.

And please explain how the fuck im benchracing?

Wildcat
06-28-2003, 06:01 PM
Once again, you dont know a fucking thing about me kiddo. Don't assume.
You dont know shit about the cars mentioned. Stick to your torquefull shitbox.

And please explain how the fuck im benchracing?

nor do i give 2 fucks about you or what you think... i find it funny when kids get worked up on here, what they dont realize is that i just do it for kicks... welcome to internet chat forums

Joe Malms
06-28-2003, 06:12 PM

nor do i give 2 fucks about you or what you think... i find it funny when kids get worked up on here, what they dont realize is that i just do it for kicks... welcome to internet chat forums

Like i said, stop assuming you little fuck.
Keep talking shit. Its fine to be firm about your opinion, but you decided to get personal and lippy. Ignorant fuck.

redec
06-28-2003, 06:14 PM
fight nice children.....get back on topic, or the ban stick will come out....

Joe Malms
06-28-2003, 06:16 PM
Redec, take a good read of the post. I never really started anything until homeboy got personal.
I'm just replying the way anyone would.

183ci
06-28-2003, 06:24 PM
fucking kids!!!
the 2jzgte has seen 6's by team venom, and 7.0-7.1 at 201mph by team msp.
The fastest street tire car in the world(import and domestics) is a street SUPRA, weighin in at 3400lbs with driver, ran a 8.36 @167mph.

all those cars are good, it cost money to build a fast car and any car can be made to go fast in a straight line or a curve.

Personally i wouldnt get a supra

thats why i sold mine

Wildcat
06-28-2003, 06:56 PM
Redec, take a good read of the post. I never really started anything until homeboy got personal.

No im not psychic.

well heres the first words that came out of your mouth, either im a snap case, or thats reason enough to piss me off

if your going to pipe in do it.. but i dont need to hear any lip or sarcasm coming out of your mouth... end of story. you brought it on yourself buddy.

Joe Malms
06-28-2003, 07:03 PM

well heres the first words that came out of your mouth, either im a snap case, or thats reason enough to piss me off

if your going to pipe in do it.. but i dont need to hear any lip or sarcasm coming out of your mouth... end of story. you brought it on yourself buddy.

you never answered...
I was right wasnt I?
It wasnt meant as sarcasm it was meant as stating the truth.

And btw, tone it down with the condescending talk tough guy.

Redlyne_mr2
06-28-2003, 07:23 PM
Hehe Wildcat it might be wise for you to stop arguing with Joe Malms, his car would tear apart most of the cars on Beyond:) and he knows what hes talking about

STI-Guy
06-28-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Hehe Wildcat it might be wise for you to stop arguing with Joe Malms, his car would tear apart most of the cars on Beyond:) and he knows what hes talking about

I agree. Wildcat's argument is pretty stupid, anyway.

bosa
06-28-2003, 08:16 PM
I'd take the Supra. :)

Edit: What does Joe Malms drive anyway? :dunno:

bksze
06-28-2003, 08:53 PM
haha i wanted to put in my 0.02 before but i had to run and left my post half finished

i guess i'd submit it now

wildcat, your arguments are based strictly on "straight line performance" using the same basis while adding your "street legal 800rwhp supra" to the debate . . . you'll soon realise that the majority of the top draggers in the street class are run between supras and rx7s . . . it's like nike vs reebok, beef vs. chicken, calgary vs. edmonton . . . there is intense rivalry between rx7s and supras in their street legal state . . . a quick search on google turned up this link

http://www.rx7.com/events/031200.html

and i don't knwo joe malms and since he hasn't said what he drives . . . i'm not going to make the assumption . . . but I'm pretty sure he's older than you and a lot more knowledgeable than you based on what I've read

supras are not god's gift to cars . . . they just happen to be able to handle a lot of HP but that in itself does not necessarily mean a car is going to be awesome . . . within the list that was named by boostn, a supra is definitely in the same class as the rx7 and the nsx based strictly on why they were created . . . japanese super cars created by each respectable manufacturer, throw them on a bunch of tests and I can assure you that in their stock form, they will all score relatively close to each other in points
http://www.autolove.com/Editorial/japanese_supercars.htm

back on topic, if given the choice, i would definitely pick the NSX, regardless of price, the NSX has timeless design as well as uncanny fun factor . . . as i've realised this year from some track events, driving down the quarter is not the only fun thing you can do with a car!!!

EDIT: found a link of the 3 cars with comparative stats

air_mikey
06-28-2003, 09:58 PM
i would go with the NSX hands down.

STI-Guy
06-28-2003, 10:03 PM

Just let it go. Wildcat is an ignorant little fool with no knowledge of cars whatsoever. Hes one of those types who think its cool to know about cars so he spews out incoherent babble with no evidence to support any of it. :thumbsdow

Wildcat
06-28-2003, 11:06 PM
i really dont understand how im being ignorant, i stated my opinion; the supra is a better car than the rx7... most of the ppl on here agree with me.

sure you can tune the rx7 alot but still... the platform isnt near as great as the supra's, even tho the rx7 will own the supra on a road course forsure, i'll admit that...

but when it comes to straight lines... a supra with +800rwhp would probly run low 10's correct? a rx7 doing the same amont would probly be really close thats forsure... still any camaro/stang with the same amount of HP at the wheels as the supra/rx7 will own them by a full second in a 1/4mile.. IMO

as for the argument, fuck it, its done with.. im off to outlaws to get pissed

paace

Redlyne_mr2
06-28-2003, 11:30 PM
still any camaro/stang with the same amount of HP at the wheels as the supra/rx7 will own them by a full second in a 1/4mile.. IMO

Why would you say that?:nut: An rx7 with the same hp as a camaro/stang would absolutely walk all those 2 domestics. hell so woudl the supra those are unbelievable at getting power to the ground.

STI-Guy
06-28-2003, 11:35 PM
i really dont understand how im being ignorant, i stated my opinion; the supra is a better car than the rx7... most of the ppl on here agree with me.

sure you can tune the rx7 alot but still... the platform isnt near as great as the supra's, even tho the rx7 will own the supra on a road course forsure, i'll admit that...

but when it comes to straight lines... a supra with +800rwhp would probly run low 10's correct? a rx7 doing the same amont would probly be really close thats forsure... still any camaro/stang with the same amount of HP at the wheels as the supra/rx7 will own them by a full second in a 1/4mile.. IMO

paace

More like mid to high 10's with a decent driver.

But like I said, give an RX-7 a Supra equal HP and torque numbers and the Mazda will probably edge out the Toyota. A stock FD weighs about 2700lbs, and a stock Supra goes for 3350lbs. With properly positioned modifications (single turbo, turbo maintanence, cams, ect), a 700hp RX-7 would weight close to 3200lbs. A 700hp Supra would be around 3500. Combined with the superb aerodynamics of the 7, this makes for about mid to low 10's.

That said, it's probably cheaper and faster to pump up those numbers from the Supra's 2JZ-GTE engine. But of course, Supra's are essentially Japan's responce to the muscle car. And RX-7 is Mazda's responce to Porsche and BMW. To say that these cars are in the same league would be wrong, because they aren't even in the same ballpark. It's like comparing a Yenko with a 350 smallblock to a Civic with a turbo and a swap.

Two different cars, too many different factors, and lots of different competitions. Just stop making false statements and learn something about the potential of the 13B as well as the 2JZ.

STI-Guy
06-28-2003, 11:39 PM
On the Stang/Camaro - it really depends on how finely tuned all the cars are. Undoubetly the Camaros and Mustangs would have much higher torque. It also depends on if the cars are street or drag.

)v(ortal
06-28-2003, 11:46 PM
id take the supra ANY DAY!!! none of those cars on that list even compare to it!!

-danny

Boostn
06-29-2003, 01:43 AM
:eek: I had no idea I would stir up the pot like this with my original post. Great discussion though!!! :D It'll make a decision between these cars that much more difficult, but at least it'll be an informed one. You really can't go wrong with any of these cars, they all have their strengths and weaknesses. As several ppl mentioned it all depends on what the overall intended purpose will be for this car. I'm thinking more of a nice project car, weekend driver with a focus on huge power potential but can also hold its own in the twisties. I wish I could afford one of each but then again if I had that kinda cash I'd just buy a 993 or 996 911 TT.

a_peep
06-29-2003, 01:43 AM
Is it that some people are hooked on the "supra" because of the fast and the furious?:confused:

lammer
06-29-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by a_peep
Is it that some people are hooked on the "supra" because of the fast and the furious?:confused:

the rx-7 was in it..

DonJuan
06-29-2003, 01:57 AM
this thread has turned into a Mustang VS Camaro arument with an import twist. Let it be, In terms of over all tunability, 1/4 mile, Handling, and aftermarket following, The Supra wins. It's a close battle, and there are people who often pick the 7 because of that sleek look or sumthin, but the Supra is more versatile, reliable, and easier to create what your want out of it for less cash than a 7. Both great cars, just the supra is a bit better.

a_peep
06-29-2003, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by lammer

the rx-7 was in it..

But not the main car that can beat ferrari's like the Supra can.:bigpimp:

Boostn
06-29-2003, 02:14 AM
Actually my ideal car would fit along the following parameters, and of course price would be a concern which rules out any exotics:

-light, under 3000lbs and even better between 2600-2800
-awd
-2 door, 2 seats
-smaller engine w/ FI preferably (iron block) OR larger displ NA high tech motor
-mid or rear engine
-pushing 300+ hp stock with reasonable torque lvl

sounds like an impossible combo right? oh well one can always dream ;)

Kamen
06-29-2003, 03:16 AM

Questions like these tend to lead to arguments...

But not the main car that can beat ferrari's like the Supra can.:bigpimp:

We're comparing Japanese super cars to ferraris now? hehe :nut:

Hmm...I'd go with the NSX; even though I am an RX-7 fan...

Joe Malms
06-29-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by STI-Guy

. With properly positioned modifications (single turbo, turbo maintanence, cams, ect), a 700hp RX-7 would weight close to 3200lbs. A 700hp Supra would be around 3500. Combined with the superb aerodynamics of the 7, this makes for about mid to low 10's.

k. It's like comparing a Yenko with a 350 smallblock to a Civic with a turbo and a swap.

haha..cams...rx-7..;)

Are you saying a modded rx-7 or supra weighs more than stock?
Kinda confused..correct me if i am mistaken.
It should actually be lighter, besides wheels. The stock turbo plumbing and turbo/cast manifolds on both cars are really quite heavy and replacing them with a stainless tubular manifold as well as changing to an after market exhaust saves alot of weight on the car.

And please dont ever compare a civic motor to a 13b again :b
jk
haha

Maxt
06-29-2003, 09:22 AM

paace

This guy is the first car I would like to test my new turbo setup on....:rofl:

haha..cams...rx-7..;)

And please dont ever compare a civic motor to a 13b again :b
jk
haha

Maxt

BigMass
06-29-2003, 11:22 AM
first of all it's obvious almost none of you are real drivers or have actually driven half, if any, of these cars. The greatest test of a sports car is not it's 0-60 time, it's top speed, or even how fast it can go in a 1/4 mile. Those mean nothing. It's all about how fast a car can lap a road course. Let Tom Kristensen drive all those cars around a road course and it wouldn’t even be funny. The NSX would out lap any of those cars by at least a few seconds if not more. It's a much more superior driving machine than the Supra or RX-7. Time to stop watching F&F three times per day boys. Sure everyone can have their own opinion and pick a Chevette if they want. I have no problem with that, but some comments made on this thread were pretty ignorant.

Joe Malms
06-29-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by BigMass
first of all it's obvious almost none of you are real drivers or have actually driven half, if any, of these cars. .

Dont assume!!!
Why does everyone on this board assume so much!
Im no pro driver, regular joe (malms) to be matter of fact.
But i've driven every car on that list..numerous times.

here's an interesting article (although i prefer real world personal experience) that shows the supra and rx-7 definetely can hang with the nsx in terms of being a balanced sports car.

http://www.scuderiaciriani.com/rx7/magazine_articles/Motor_Trend_article01.html

http://www.scuderiaciriani.com/rx7/magazine_articles/Road&Track_article02.html

http://www.scuderiaciriani.com/rx7/magazine_articles/Motor_Trend_article02.html

STI-Guy
06-29-2003, 01:29 PM
first of all it's obvious almost none of you are real drivers or have actually driven half, if any, of these cars. The greatest test of a sports car is not it's 0-60 time, it's top speed, or even how fast it can go in a 1/4 mile. Those mean nothing. It's all about how fast a car can lap a road course. Let Tom Kristensen drive all those cars around a road course and it wouldn’t even be funny. The NSX would out lap any of those cars by at least a few seconds if not more. It's a much more superior driving machine than the Supra or RX-7. Time to stop watching F&F three times per day boys. Sure everyone can have their own opinion and pick a Chevette if they want. I have no problem with that, but some comments made on this thread were pretty ignorant.

Take your own advice. I've driven ALL of these cars and know exactly what I'm talking about. But thats beside the point when comparing facts. The NSX outhandles the RX7 but the torque and acceleration more than compensate for it.

redec
06-29-2003, 01:40 PM
The NSX would out lap any of those cars by at least a few seconds if not more.

that's probably true...stock. But take the amount of money you spend on the NSX, subract what you'd spend on a supra, take the difference and spend it on mods for the supra, so you've effectively spent the same amount on both cars....the NSX would not stand a snowball's chance in hell.

boostn did not ask what was the best car out of the list - he asked what we would pick.....big difference.

darknight
06-29-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Boostn

It's too bad the last Skyline GT-R never made it here in LHD format... if so, then I would also seriously consider it. Now that would have made the decision so much tougher. Man I love variety and competition! Just wondering what the next gen one will be like? Will it retain the awd, twin turbo and inline 6 platform? Only time will tell...

Well it may have not been made in LHD, but there is a company in Cali that does the LHD conversion. If you watch Grip Video Vol2 it mentions it. OH yeah NSX are cool but for what its worth to modify is just not worth it. Isn't the supercharger alone almost 10000? Thats a large chunk of change considering if you bought a supra and put 10000 into it, it could easily make double what the NSX would. It all depends though what you want a fast car that handles ok or a simi fast car that handels awsome?

darknight
06-29-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by DonJuan
this thread has turned into a Mustang VS Camaro arument with an import twist. Let it be, In terms of over all tunability, 1/4 mile, Handling, and aftermarket following, The Supra wins. It's a close battle, and there are people who often pick the 7 because of that sleek look or sumthin, but the Supra is more versatile, reliable, and easier to create what your want out of it for less cash than a 7. Both great cars, just the supra is a bit better.

HMM maybe thats why sp engineering swaped out the rotary in favor of something piston driven!! Theres also a guy in the states that has installed a SR20det into his FD as well.