PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket HID don't exactly fit E46

Dayclone
08-15-2007, 04:23 PM
So I just got a after market HID kit H7's, for my Bimmer but it doesn't exactly fit so to let everyone know, you have to buy an adapter housing for it.

BrknFngrs
08-15-2007, 04:40 PM
cant you just buy the whole thing from bmw? Or were HID's not an option on your car?

Dayclone
08-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs
cant you just buy the whole thing from bmw? Or were HID's not an option on your car?

Well yes I could get the Mtech HID kit which was like $500... which is not an option for me.

97'Scort
08-15-2007, 06:54 PM
What part isn't fitting? Most of the time you will need to modify the headlight housing to make the bulb fit.

TegLover
08-16-2007, 01:45 AM
go oem or go home

Dayclone
08-16-2007, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by TegLover
go oem or go home

Bleh screw OEM... expensive as hell... and probably way over priced. Just for a new bumper is like $900 while I could get the same and aftermarket for like half that price.

Anyways yes I have to modify the housing socket which I got modified adapters for my HID's so their on their way here so it should be good!

Steve

97'Scort
08-16-2007, 10:21 AM
Good stuff. In the future, check out 'habbie' from Umnitza over at Bimmerforums.com. I just ordered a set of DEPO headlights plus Prolumen 6000k HID's from him, and they do the mods there so they're good to go when you get them.

Plus, they know how to get around duties and broker fees :devil:

TegLover
08-17-2007, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Dayclone

Bleh screw OEM... expensive as hell... and probably way over priced. Just for a new bumper is like $900 while I could get the same and aftermarket for like half that price.

Anyways yes I have to modify the housing socket which I got modified adapters for my HID's so their on their way here so it should be good!

Steve

bumper covers are different, they don't blind oncoming traffic haha thats what you get for owning a bmw...

Anyways H7 bulbs need adapters, we tried to put an H7 kit into a celica projector and it was shitty.

I think your best option with H7 is to use the H7/D2S adapters where your H7 projector takes a D2S HID bulbs.

scat19
08-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Blah oem? Oem actually fits your car, is way better qaulity, etc.

Dont but hid in your non-hid car - get projectors or go home!

2m0a0x2
08-18-2007, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
Good stuff. In the future, check out 'habbie' from Umnitza over at Bimmerforums.com. I just ordered a set of DEPO headlights plus Prolumen 6000k HID's from him, and they do the mods there so they're good to go when you get them.

Plus, they know how to get around duties and broker fees :devil:

habbie and umnitza are penis faces. I can tell you that, along with 3-4 other friends, and Tunerworks can also tell you that. I know there are happy customers in Calgary now, but few years ago, it's like they hated calgary or something.

Get them from Understeer or www.ddmtuning.com

97'Scort
08-20-2007, 12:16 AM
Sucks about your experience with them. My stuff arrived fast and he even threw in a set of colour-matched fogs and a nice BMW keychain for free. I can't wait to get it hooked up!

Dayclone
08-20-2007, 12:31 AM
Yeh I got these adapters from Toronto they should come Mon. or Tues...

And as for retrofitting projectors... uhh I'll stay away from that until I have full knowledge cause I really like the TL's projectors or is it the TSX well their both very nice!! and i'd retrofit those... but yeh, I'll stick with the good old HID's for now.

Not going to do much to my car anymore after this cause it's costing me a lot of money might save up for a newer BImmer and lease it or keep this guy around and tune it.

Brendan_4g63
08-22-2007, 11:05 PM
I have bulb adaptors, PM me if you want to try some, I have 3 different BMW ones