PDA

View Full Version : Whats the word on Ferrets?

old&slow
08-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Always like them...haven't really heard that much good about them. Are they decent pets? How bout the smell?

http://www.ferrets.ca/photos/photos.php

88CRX
08-15-2007, 05:17 PM
They stink bad and they have sharp talons and teeth which they aren't afraid to use.

Did I mention they smell?

Ferrets :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

ca18det240sx
08-15-2007, 05:23 PM
If youre gay theyre good pets apparently.

98type_r
08-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

Ferrets :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

I was sleeping over at a friends house one time and i wake up to something nibbling on my toes that were hanging off the bed. Next thing I know an over sized rat jumps onto the bed and under the covers. Not cool.

old&slow
08-15-2007, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by ca18det240sx
If youre gay theyre good pets apparently.

Do you have one? Or maybe a couple??:dunno:

ca18det240sx
08-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Good one....^

you most likely have a ferret farm...dont play dumb with me.

:thumbsdow

Eleanor
08-15-2007, 07:51 PM
They are vicious evil animals, everytime I go to the stampede parade, I want to throw something at the ferret rescue society.

old&slow
08-16-2007, 05:19 AM
Good one....^

you most likely have a ferret farm...dont play dumb with me.

:thumbsdow

I think we all know whose being dumb here!

Do you shit on all threads or do you discriminate?

ca18det240sx
08-16-2007, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by old&slow

I think we all know whose being dumb here!

Do you shit on all threads or do you discriminate?

whoa dood, i was just joking, i thought you were too, sorry man. my apologies.

D. Dub
08-16-2007, 06:31 AM
ferrets = weasels

-- when I was a little un we used to shoot at em fer shootin practice so they wouldn't eat the chickens

D. Dub
08-16-2007, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Eleanor
They are vicious evil animals, everytime I go to the stampede parade, I want to throw something at the ferret rescue society.

:thumbsup:

JRSC00LUDE
08-16-2007, 08:06 AM
I like ferrets, they're pretty smart and you can train them.

Oh and the word is bird, bird is the word.

old&slow
08-16-2007, 01:24 PM
So I guess Ferrets don't generate much love!

topmade
08-16-2007, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by old&slow
So I guess Ferrets don't generate much love!

Nope, the are cute and all, but destructive little fuckers. Pretty much like having a pet gopher, and they are dumb shits and don't listen to nobody. I am not sure if you're supposed to keep them in a cage, but back in the day my friend had one and it ripped and chewed everything. Probably stink as well, but I never went into his house.

ChokeEmOut
08-16-2007, 01:41 PM
They are dirty, and grose little vermins.
Dont buy one, because im sure you'll be donating to that ferret rescue.

Nobody likes them (except JRSC00LLUDE) :D

Inzane
08-16-2007, 01:56 PM
Why the hell would anyone choose to get a ferret as a pet when you can just get a dog. :dunno:

Dogs rule! :thumbsup:

old&slow
08-16-2007, 02:02 PM
^^^I'm obviously INSANE!

JRSC00LUDE
08-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Guess I'm in the minority here! haha My friend used to have one and it would listen and do tricks and you could walk down the street with it without a leash and it would follow right behind you. If you moved left, it moved left. You speed up it would speed up, it was awesome! We even took it on a walking pub crawl to some small neighborhood bars, it followed us everywhere!

edit - and it never bit or clawed, you could pet it like a cat. :thumbsup:

old&slow
08-16-2007, 04:00 PM
^^^ A real girl getter? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JRSC00LUDE
08-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Don't know, we're both married......:rolleyes:

riced
08-16-2007, 06:18 PM
well I used to work at toys r us in market mall with this rat queen, she looks awfully like that mean b**ch in the little mermaid, was it ursula? I dunno.. but shes in the Rzone, maybe you guys have seen her

anyways, she used to go on and on about her ferrets and how they're so cute etc.. she used to bring them to work on her shoulder and stuff. she bought toys by "the littlest pet shop" that were ferrets. when it was so hot that one time, she told me she set up a home made fridge for them by putting cases of cold pop all around their cage with the fan on. BTW, she spent her $800 bonus on a $800 cage. It was pretty wack

however, I don't hate ferrets.. nor have I had experience with them, but from all her stories, I just find them to be nasty creatures.

I think she even sleeps with them.

2EFNFAST
08-17-2007, 12:56 AM
How good are they at killing gophers? I have a few crawling around here and have thought about adopting a ferret ~if~ it would go down the gopher holes and kill them. Not certain what to do with it in the winter, but I'd cross that bridge when I got to it if they naturally chased/killed gophers w/o requiring training :D

Supa Dexta
08-17-2007, 01:45 AM
ha, some show came on the other night, about ferrets and their owners. we managed to watch 10 mins or so, then we couldn't take it anymore.. all fat older woman, likely single.. and half retarded... making up songs about their ferrets and dressing them in costumes and shit... :rofl:

JRSC00LUDE
08-17-2007, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
ha, some show came on the other night, about ferrets and their owners. we managed to watch 10 mins or so, then we couldn't take it anymore.. all fat older woman, likely single.. and half retarded... making up songs about their ferrets and dressing them in costumes and shit... :rofl:

I swear that wasn't me in the blue dress! :rofl:

Mauser
08-17-2007, 11:51 PM
There's one living around the Mcdonalds in Shawnessy someone dumped.

Wikipedia says:

Recliners are a leading cause of accidental death in ferrets. Ferrets will often climb inside the springs and can be injured or killed once the chair is put into a reclined position. Fold-out sofas cause similar problems.

:thumbsup:

TomcoPDR
08-18-2007, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by riced
when it was so hot that one time, she told me she set up a home made fridge for them by putting cases of cold pop all around their cage with the fan on.

Wouldn't it be cheapest to get an AC?

Khyron
08-18-2007, 09:52 AM
They are like skunks and should be de-scented.

They are permanent toddlers, always active, always investigating. They don't usually just "chill" like a dog or cat eventually will. Most people can't handle that. As for the biting/being mean, that's usually just shitty owners. Get 2 so they can play with each other.

BerserkerCatSplat
08-18-2007, 10:09 AM
Ferrets are rather ADD, so you have to keep them entertained - rotating toys on a regular basis, etc. I'd like a ferret, but it could be a while before I actually do.

b_t
08-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Ferrets are great, you know, if you actually have experience with a good one you won't say retarded shit like 88crx, ca18, eleanor, etc. have said

They don't smell if you clean out their cage (but that goes for any animal) and they are a hell of a lot smarter then cats. You can litter train them like a cat. You can train them to do some tricks, and while they still won't answer to their name, you can train them to respond to a whistle or something so they will come running. It is true that they will fuck shit up in your house... you can't really give them run of the place. You need to have a cage or a small spare room set aside for them so that you can account for the fact ferrets love to dig into things, bite foamy stuff, and tear holes in the bottom of your couches ahaha

But ferrets are hilarious. They are always running full speed when they are awake and they like to play non-stop - they are totally unlike cats and dogs that way. They are really curious and since they will play with anyone, they will go up to complete strangers and start nibbling on their feet, but all they are doing is play biting. You can train them to stop biting and then they aren't "vicious" anymore. But you have to go about it the right way, or they will just become actually vicious.

I would own one of my own but nowhere to put it...

ca18det240sx
08-18-2007, 11:01 AM
My friend had a ferret that had an initiation thing, it would bite your big toe, and it would only do it once ever, and never do it to you again. I think it was its way of saying "hey, nice to meet you"
They do have quite a pungent smell tho, i have to say. Sometimes even after you have their scent gland removed, they STILL smell.

just for the record tho b_t i was just joking with my comment lol (=

i like pretty much all animals. Im a cat person myself, but dogs are cool too...as long as they dont drool on me.

old&slow
08-18-2007, 11:05 AM
Ferrets sound a bit like toddlers...fun when they belong to someone else...I have reconsidered my thoughts on getting one.

ca18det240sx
08-18-2007, 11:08 AM
old&slow: Maybe a cat would be good for you?

Soren1989
08-18-2007, 11:08 AM
why would you get a ferret when you can get a lion?
anybody can get passed a ferret, but nobody fucks with a lion

old&slow
08-18-2007, 02:42 PM
old&slow: Maybe a cat would be good for you?

I like cats...more my speed...
Was interested in something different as we have had cats over the years. I also considered the Ferret as a playmate to the little dog we have. He a bit hyper and rambunctious.

Troy
08-18-2007, 03:33 PM
I had one when I was little pretty smart pets, but they do smell and they are pretty vicious.