Ferio_vti
08-15-2007, 09:34 PM
Anyone use these things??
I saw it in a Crappy Tire flyer for $25

http://www.filtromax.com/

frozenrice
08-16-2007, 06:58 AM
Interesting.
A trick some guy told me to break in my rebuilt engine was to tape a bunch of strong magnets around the oil filter to catch any potential excess shavings from the machining. Looks like this would work too. I'm not sure about driving around normally with it though.

97'Scort
08-16-2007, 10:31 AM
You can get magnetic oil pan plugs too :) Those work well on cars like mine with cartrige filters.

Edit: remember that aluminum isn't magnetic, which is what most blocks are made of these days. So only iron/steel will get caught.

Ferio_vti
08-16-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
You can get magnetic oil pan plugs too :) Those work well on cars like mine with cartrige filters.

Edit: remember that aluminum isn't magnetic, which is what most blocks are made of these days. So only iron/steel will get caught.

"The Filtro Max will attract the ferrous damaging wear metals such as iron and steel. The properties of steel consist of: iron, carbon, manganese, chromium, nickel, molybdenum, copper, and silicon. In combination these non ferrous metals can be attracted and captured by the Filtro Max given the composition of steel.

Individual wear metals like aluminum, chromium, and copper that are non ferrous, will be carried and trapped by the Filtro Max by way of bound carbon deposits. These deposits can be seen on the cross sectioned filters found in the "Tell Us" section photos. Aside from the large metal particles, the black carbon you see inside the filter top is actually micro metal particles from metal to metal contact. These "cheerio" like metal deposits can only be removed with the power of the Filtro Max."

http://www.filtromax.com/info.php

MintRacer
08-16-2007, 11:38 AM
I've got 3... one on every vehicle.

Dooms_Bane
08-19-2007, 12:04 PM
hmmm says on the filtro max website, Canadian tire that is
"This merchant is no longer participating in the affiliate program."

damn anyone know where else to get these?