PDA

View Full Version : Very nice...didn't know this was real!

old&slow
08-16-2007, 01:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AO0F5sLdVM

Xtrema
08-16-2007, 01:55 PM
It's about time fighter technology filter down to civilian level.

SCHIDER23
08-20-2007, 10:43 AM
damn nice find, they say they support 70+ titles :thumbsup:

Mibz
08-20-2007, 11:02 AM
I'll be happy once they make a compatible version of Leisure Suit Larry.

treg50
08-20-2007, 12:25 PM
"... this is very important because I don't have to get out of my chair and get all athletic..."

Yeah, that would explain somethings.

Interesting device, but even though you turn your head 45 degrees your view you still have to keep your eyes looking straight because that's where your monitor is. Which is kind of weird... I'm predicting an neck and eye strain injuries due to this thing.

00CivicSi
08-21-2007, 10:13 AM
That would be crazy for first person shooters!

tictactoe2004
08-21-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by treg50
[BInteresting device, but even though you turn your head 45 degrees your view you still have to keep your eyes looking straight because that's where your monitor is. Which is kind of weird... I'm predicting an neck and eye strain injuries due to this thing. [/B]

:werd: it will never take off.. It's like a VR helmet without the screen.. If they took something like that and combined it with those glasses that project a TV infront of you it would be amazing though.

old&slow
08-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by treg50
"... this is very important because I don't have to get out of my chair and get all athletic..."

Yeah, that would explain somethings.

Interesting device, but even though you turn your head 45 degrees your view you still have to keep your eyes looking straight because that's where your monitor is. Which is kind of weird... I'm predicting an neck and eye strain injuries due to this thing.

I think it has a calibration built in where you don't need much head movement to get all way around...but still your point is a valid one! You have to turn your head while the monitor is still forward.

However you can shift your whole body up and sideways which I have done on many intense FPS games!
I'd like to try before I buy!

kevie88
08-21-2007, 01:12 PM
I really want one of these for the sims I play.. Pretty much the only games I play these days are Racing or flying sims. I'm going to ask the wife for one of these for my birthday!