PDA

View Full Version : Need advice badly

mafioso
08-16-2007, 03:21 PM
I need an advice.
I live in Calgary and I am driving 2004 4Runner SR5 my company leased for my work-related and personal use 3 years ago.The lease cost was $33,000, so I had to throw additional $6,000 of my own money to match the net price, which was $39,000. By the way, the MSRP was $42,000 but we got a corporate discount.

In a couple of weeks my 3-year term would be over, and I have a nice option of buying out this 4Runner at 28% which is only around $9,500. The company would need to lease a new car for me, so I have to tell them what car to order. This time, if I go with 2008 model, the company is willing to cover a lease cost of $38,000. Again everything on a top of this would be my own money but I am ready to throw 5-6 grand to get a really nice SUV.

I like truck-based SUVs, so I am thinking about getting Pathfinder or 4Runner which I both like. I got some quotes:
2008 Pathfinder SE V6 with Premium and Leather packages - $42,800 (MSRP - $49,000)
2008 4Runner SR5 V6 Sport package - pricing is not yet available but based on 2007 it would be also around $43,000 (MSRP - $47,500)

With Pathfinder I am getting more for the buck including big display, back camera, leather seats, Bose sound system and, generally, more room inside.
With Toyota I am getting superior quality, reliability, resale value and, supposedly better drive train (I am not sure about it).

I don't care about gas mieage and expenses, cause my company covers everything including gas, service, repairs (such as broken windshield or tires), even car wash! So I only pay taxes.

In three years I will be doing the same thing again - buying out the car at 28% which would be around $10,700 and then selling it. So which car should I order?

By the way, how much you think can I get for my 2004 4Runner now? It's a basic SR5 V6 (no sun-roof, no leather) and it has 80,000 km.

Thanks!