PDA

View Full Version : Paint carbon fiber?

shadowz
05-24-2002, 12:48 AM
Im not going to do it but what do you think about people who paint the carbon hoods, how do you think it looks, a friend is wondering this?:woot:

buh_buh
05-24-2002, 12:51 AM
I think CF looks best black.
But its possible. I've seen it done, but IMO it looks kind of cheesy.
Unless your getting it PURELY for the weight reduction, why paint it?

kenny
05-24-2002, 12:51 AM
Do you mean painting over a hood that is CF? or painting a hood so it looks like it is CF? If it is painting a hood that is made of CF, then it should look like any other hood. If I were to get a CF hood for my car I would probably paint it to match the car after a month of leaving it as is so it wouldn't look so aggressive (thats not the word im looking for, but oh well)

shadowz
05-24-2002, 12:54 AM
He wants to paint the center white the same color as his car and leave the sides carbon, I told him to leave it, looks great the way it is adds a good contrast

buh_buh
05-24-2002, 12:55 AM
I've seen it done before, and it looks not bad.
What kind of car is this going on? What color is the car?

shadowz
05-24-2002, 12:57 AM
White Mugen prelude , 98 white diamond pearl only year it came in this color

buh_buh
05-24-2002, 01:00 AM
I think it would only look good on a white car.
Another Mugen lude? Damn, its like the most common kit on a 5th gen these days.
I should reconsider my decision.

kenny
05-24-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by shadowz
He wants to paint the center white the same color as his car and leave the sides carbon, I told him to leave it, looks great the way it is adds a good contrast

He should keep it unpainted first to see how he likes the hood as-is, and then in the future he can re-evaluate his options and get it painted. Either way, it'll look really sharp on a white lude.

shadowz
05-24-2002, 01:05 AM
Ya he bought it since it looked nice , weight reduction wasnt an issue for him since that little of a difference doesnt make any gain of any sort since he is keeping his car slighly modded

spyguy
05-24-2002, 01:21 AM
IMHO I think leave it...looks great on white cars :thumbsup:

RiceCake
05-24-2002, 01:39 AM
carbon fiber on a white car definately looks nice!:bigpimp:

its suddle and still keeps the clean look. whatever way your friend veers, hope he's happy with it!:thumbsup:

LUDELVR
05-24-2002, 03:03 PM
Where's maxboost when we need him to say his line?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Oh well, I'll say it on his behalf: "Championship white and a carbon fibre hood....ohhh!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: "
Hey buh_buh, there's sagalude's lude which is electron blue and I think he painted part of his hood.

max_boost
05-24-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
Where's maxboost when we need him to say his line?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Oh well, I'll say it on his behalf: "Championship white and a carbon fibre hood....ohhh!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: "

Yah man

White+carbon fiber hood=deadly

buh_buh
05-24-2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
Hey buh_buh, there's sagalude's lude which is electron blue and I think he painted part of his hood.
oh yeah, I forgot about that. I don't like his though.
I think on his car the full cf hood would look better. But I have an issue of Import Tuner where there's a white teg with carbon fibre hood, but the middle part is painted. It looks pretty good. If I can find a place that will host the picture I will upload it.

Ed the SOHC
05-24-2002, 07:00 PM
I think that would be interesting to see. Would it look like that red civic coupe from Impressions?

eludeu
05-24-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
I think it would only look good on a white car.
Another Mugen lude? Damn, its like the most common kit on a 5th gen these days.
I should reconsider my decision.

I had an R.S, just waiting to get my mugen painted. I think its one of the best for the lude. If i was your friend shadowz i would leave the carbon fiber hood alone. IMO why spend the money to get it if your not going to show it??

boi-alien
05-24-2002, 07:33 PM
shadowz, i think your friend should leave the hood as is... carbon fiber hood on white cars as niceass

cocoabrova
05-24-2002, 08:51 PM
IMHO to get the contrast with the CF hood and whatever color car plus the weight advantage are mainly the reasons to go CF, right? The latter being the MAIN one.....:thumbsup:

infamous
05-24-2002, 11:02 PM
i agree with basically everyone...your friend should leave the hood, because imo it looks so tight

4wheeldrift
05-25-2002, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by eludeu

IMO why spend the money to get it if your not going to show it??

Because some of us are more interested in weight reduction than having it look good? :nut:

shadowz
05-25-2002, 01:33 PM
Well my friend has decided to leave the hood carbon and not paint it, for now anyway

sunfiredude
05-26-2002, 12:46 PM
im not too sure, i think that either way would look good, the thing he wants to do with it is pretty unique, but on the other hand, it probly looks just as good normal

B18C
05-26-2002, 02:26 PM
though I think they look pimp unpainted, I would have a lot of repect for him if he painted it. It would be different and less flashy,