PDA

View Full Version : How to Get rid of Realtor?

redevil
08-18-2007, 05:55 PM
Hey,

So I'm in the process of selling my townhouse, but I need advice as to how to get rid of my Realtor.

I feel as though she has not really done much to market my house in any way. I do understand that the market has slowed quite a bit, but as for her advertising and networking there seems to be nothing really being done.

I was hoping that her experience in the market would have been beneficial as she would have a larger contact base with other Realtors and clients also greater exposure somehow, obviously that is not the case. :banghead:

If you have any advice or have been in the same situation please help me out. I need to sell my house, I really do not want to have go through the trouble of renting it out.

Also ny Realtors please give me your advice.
Thanks

Tik-Tok
08-18-2007, 06:05 PM
Call her, tell her, her services will no longer be required with you as you don't think she's doing the best she can for you.

The end.

I'm assuming you never signed anything stating she's the only realtor you can deal with.

mo_money2supe
08-18-2007, 06:17 PM
I believe there's a clause that states that if the house is sold by another realtor within a certain of months after getting rid of the first realtor, that first realtor gets paid a certain percentage still. Might not be as high as compared to the one that sold the place, but the initial realtor still gets a cut. If you really don't want them to get a penny out of you, you'll have to wait a few months after you get rid of them.

SigmaRacing
08-18-2007, 07:39 PM
^^^Correct, if you've entered into a signed agreement with a realtor, even if you sell it privately, the realtor can claim the commission. Fineprint FTL.

Dayclone
08-18-2007, 09:46 PM
Ouch... stupid realtors eh?

that's why u should read before u sign!
Goodluck with this one ask Trevor Ashcroft about this one... he may know more.

Jayson
08-18-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Dayclone
Ouch... stupid realtors eh?

that's why u should read before u sign!
Goodluck with this one ask Trevor Ashcroft about this one... he may know more.

i'm sure he read the contract... probably didn't realize how useless his realtor would be

is there anyway you can tell her you don't want to sell your house anymore and just go find another person to sell your house?

TomcoPDR
08-18-2007, 10:38 PM
sux to hear that, think your only option would be to wait out the selling terms with your realtor.

broken_legs
08-18-2007, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Jayson

is there anyway you can tell her you don't want to sell your house anymore and just go find another person to sell your house?

I'm sure she'll see it on MLS if it gets listed again.

lastskpirate
08-19-2007, 12:17 AM
i wonder if its cookie kwan from the westside...:bigpimp:

SigmaRacing
08-19-2007, 08:46 AM
Might be best to consult a real estate lawyer, it would be a quick appt so the costs would be low and you'd be free.

HRD2PLZ
08-19-2007, 10:03 AM
If you want to get out of the Listing Contract and want to re-list the home with another Realtor or by-owner, you will need to ask your Realtor for an Unconditional Termination.

Unfortunately, I can't really offer any other advice since you are still under a current listing agreement with another Realtor.

If your listing is Conditionally Terminated and your home is sold within 90 days you may still be obligated to pay commission. If you ask for an Unconditional Termination, the contract is then cancelled free and clear, the seller and Realtor would no longer have an obligation to one another.

Good Luck! :thumbsup:

HRD2PLZ
08-19-2007, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Call her, tell her, her services will no longer be required with you as you don't think she's doing the best she can for you.

The end.

I'm assuming you never signed anything stating she's the only realtor you can deal with.

For a listing agreement, everything has to be in writing. It states the beginning and end of the contract.

Originally posted by SigmaRacing
^^^Correct, if you've entered into a signed agreement with a realtor, even if you sell it privately, the realtor can claim the commission. Fineprint FTL.

Its not in fine print on the listing agreement, it is stated what happens if commission is not paid to the brokerage though. If you sell it privately while you are under a contractual relationship with the Realtor/Brokerage then of course commissions would be payable. UNLESS, you signed the agreement with SSR (Seller's Rights Reserved) which is basically both the Realtor and the home owner can actively market the property. If the home owner finds a buyer then the listing is terminated and the sale is now treated as a For Sale By Owner (FSBO).

Darkane
08-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by lastskpirate
i wonder if its cookie kwan from the westside...:bigpimp:

haha! Was that from the simpsons? Classic shit. :D

asifka
08-23-2007, 02:40 AM
you can give her a time line.

JRSC00LUDE
08-23-2007, 12:18 PM
mmmmmm realtors, the only people that know less about selling property (from a land titles point of view) than a monkey in a business suit......

redevil
08-23-2007, 10:41 PM
i guess I'm stuck with her till the end of the listing. Hopefully it sells soon!

Fish n Chips
09-03-2007, 04:46 PM
The market is slow now but is seasonal. In a typical year, except last year, July, Aug & Sep have a much higher number for new listing than the number of properties sold in the same months. This is a traditionally high inventory season in which the number of days a property gets sold is larger and the sale price is lower than the rest of the year.

If you are not in a rush to sell it, you can leave it on the market during the contractual period with her. You don't have to cooperate and allow showing everytime. It is now a down market time anyway. When the contract expires, you can get someone else to list for you.

Alternatively, you can discuss with her as a member suggests. Worse comes to worse, pay her out by negotiating with her. Sometimes, showing some drama would not hurt in the negotiation.

Mangina
09-04-2007, 07:22 AM
I don't think you're going to find a big difference with a new realtor. Homes that are priced well, sell. Period!