PDA

View Full Version : Diet Pills Question

Hello123
08-20-2007, 01:34 AM
So I am planning to go on a diet to help loose some weight...

My Plan:

My idea is to work out at least 3 times a week... and eat less fatty foods and drink more water.

My main concern is that my metabolism is probably in the crapper considering i often don't eat lunch AND breakfast. So i just eat a large dinner. My plan is also to change this. by eating breakfast and lunch as well as dinner (smaller portions) with 1 snack(max) a day which will most likely be a granola bar

So my question is if i eat these so called diet pills which are suppose to help raise my metabolism(hotrox?)(does it help anything else?)

Will these pills help me or am i just wasting money. Also if it will help, will i have to eat more calories then i already have planned?. I am probably eating about 1500-2000 calories a day(planned)

lol hope this makes sense!!

Thanks

A790
08-20-2007, 02:34 AM
Pills that mess with your metabolic rate are often little more than caffeine pills, or if they are different it is because they're dangerous. Skip them and do it right- 30 mins of light cardio in the morning sets you off right.

broken_legs
08-20-2007, 08:13 AM
Every diet pill I know about is based on the E-C-A stack

This has been clinically shown to raise your metabolic rate by around 6% ( I think ).

So if your BMR is 2000 calories a day you'll be burning an extra 120 calories a day doing nothing. Thats still only going to be (120*7)=840 Calories a week so it will be a darned expensive way to lose weight. Cardio is much cheaper

JAYMEZ
08-20-2007, 10:56 AM
Diet pills suck.. Just get your diet in check and do some actual cardio EVERYday.. You will notice a difference after a few weeks , and you will feel great about yourself... Remember water water waterrrrr

00CivicSi
08-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by broken_legs
Every diet pill I know about is based on the E-C-A stack

This has been clinically shown to raise your metabolic rate by around 6% ( I think ).

So if your BMR is 2000 calories a day you'll be burning an extra 120 calories a day doing nothing. Thats still only going to be (120*7)=840 Calories a week so it will be a darned expensive way to lose weight. Cardio is much cheaper

Most diet pills you get mainstream now don't contain ephedrine anymore. Most are just glorified caffine pills. ECA stacks arr banned in canada.

Prolifique
09-05-2007, 12:26 AM
Diet pills are not good in general,
I remember that after my mom had my younger bro, she took Apple Cider pills, and they helped her lose weight.
I think that if you lower you daily calorie intake to an amount that you can sustain and feel full, and decreasing fat/sugar intake, it would help you lower your BMI.
Here are some links that will help: BMI Calculator (http://www.halls.md/body-mass-index/av.htm)
Info about Metabolism (http://www.epigee.org/fitness/metabolism.html)
Speed Up Metabolism Naturally (http://consumeraffairs.com/nutrition/metab_speed.html)
Pro's GF
Best of luck :)

bituerbo
09-06-2007, 09:57 AM
I was just gonna start a thread on this... but I'm trying Hydroxycut Hardcore right now, 1 week into this bottle - paid $50 from Popeye's.

In the past week I've dropped about 2 lbs, I've been going to the gym for about 6 weeks, modified diet (white meat, veggies, minimal carbs and extra protien when I can get it) for the past 4 weeks. Before I started taking the pills I had lost about 8lbs in those 6 weeks, but my progress halted abruptly, as it always does around 6-8 weeks into any diet/fitness plan I've tried in the past.

I had planned to start on a diet pill when I hit my first wall - more to get me over my phsychological hump which I've struggled with in the past. This has resulted in me giving up my weight loss goals before and it was important for me not to get discouraged.

They make me feel a little anxious, and don't suppress appetite at all.

A790
09-06-2007, 10:27 AM
If you must take something, take something that is hoodia based- Hoodia Gordonii is all the rage these days, and though I'd hate to encourage you to jump on the bandwagon, it's hard to discount its appetite suppression.

The Cosworth
09-09-2007, 06:40 PM
When a company charges $400.00 a bottle, then I would believe it would work.

I don't understand how pills that are supposed to help you loose weight cost the same as pills that everyone knows doesn't help. Also I tried CLA pills (guys at my gym used em, and like them) but didn't see any effect. Although if you google CLA and read about it, it should have worked.

ca18det240sx
09-09-2007, 06:50 PM
Diet pills are proven to cause all kinds of problems, do some research before you mess with them. I know a girl that was taking hydroxycut...in less than a month she developed all kinds of stomach problems, sharp pains, ulcers, etc. bad bad bad.

bituerbo
09-11-2007, 10:49 AM
I was drinking 3-4 cups of coffee a day before I went on hydroxycut - I was told the only possible side effects would be due to the caffeine boost.

I cut coffee out of my diet.

bituerbo
01-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Well by the time I was done that bottle I had lost another 12 or so pounds, dropped 20 altogether, that was a few months ago now.
To date I've dropped 45lbs, hit another big wall (been stuck at -45lbs for over a month now, despite no real deviation from my diet) so I'll be taking the hydroxycut again as it worked quite well for me last time.
I'll keep anyone interested posted on what the deal is with taking them the 2nd time around.

I'm 6'4"

started: 310lbs size 44 waist
now 265lbs size 38 waist

j.ng-
01-24-2008, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
Diet pills suck.. Just get your diet in check and do some actual cardio EVERYday.. You will notice a difference after a few weeks , and you will feel great about yourself... Remember water water waterrrrr
+1 theres no feeling better than losing weight from HARD WORK

Matt @ Skye Service
01-27-2008, 11:45 PM
Honestly I used to be quote large. I started on a diet of eating every 2 hours

6am Special K with protein powder on top

8am Protein Shake

10 - Tuna and 1 piece of bread

12 Chicken and small amount of rice and 1 apple

2pm second protein shake

4pm ->5pm White chicken breast, brown rice, large salad
work out
7->7:30
After workout take a Glutamene and post workout protein

The more "Clean foods" you eat on a regular basis the more your metabolic rate increases and you lose weight

as for the gym
6 days a week
Day1 is 1 hour cardio and 30 mins abs
Day 2 chest
Day 3 1 hour cardio and 30 mins abs
Day 4 Arms
Day 5 1 hour cardio and 30 mins abs
Day 6 is Back and Shoulders
Day 7 Rest
Switch it up each week with throwing in legs

Darkane
01-27-2008, 11:54 PM
^^ and if you cut out half of those carbs and replace with mono and polyunsaturated fats you'll see huge imrovments.

Cod liver oil
Olive oil
Flax oil/seeds
Almonds

kerry
01-28-2008, 09:42 AM
To be honest, I've never tried anything other than the ECA stack. Hydroxycut I've never heard of working, but if it did for some people that's great. Personally if you're wanting to do a "diet pill" read up on the ECA stack and it's pros, cons etc. But in all honesty, the best and most fulfilling way to lose weight is through proper diet and working out.

As Jaymz said, cardio every day and lots of water is the way to go. If you workout and are going to keep designated Cardio days, then try to limit carb intake on those days as your body won't have a carb source for energy and will target fat stores a little more than usual.