PDA

View Full Version : Who drives a RWD vehicle in winter?

mslbebiz
08-21-2007, 03:19 PM
The best car I ever drove in the winter was a MkII Supra with studded tires.

Now I'm considering getting a RWD sports car and driving it year round - with winter tires of course. I figure if you've got a nice car and wanna enjoy it, you might as well drive it in the winter too. Life's too short for a car nut to drive a beater half the year. :D

Who else drives RWD in the winter? Any thoughts?

QuasarCav
08-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Here are your canned forum responses:

- No one
- Buy some winters and you'll be fine
- Traction control is all you need
- I drove my uncles / dads / brothers 1964 Plymouth with bias ply tires no problem for 10 years in Winnipeg

spyce
08-21-2007, 03:25 PM
I drove my car last winter. I actually had my stock all seasons on for about a month and a half in winter weather. Didnt get my winters on till mid December.
Even with my allseasons my car was fine. The traction control/snow mode in my car basically just reduced the power when I was adding gas.
I really think as long as you have a dedicated set of winters your car will be fine. It takes a little getting use to but as long as you take things slow/safe you'll be fine.

mslbebiz
08-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Here are your canned forum responses:

- No one
- Buy some winters and you'll be fine
- Traction control is all you need
- I drove my uncles / dads / brothers 1964 Plymouth with bias ply tires no problem for 10 years in Winnipeg

LOL, yeah - heard all those before.

Tik-Tok
08-21-2007, 03:57 PM
I drove my 05 mustang last winter when my beater died (and had no funds for a new one)

-Traction control is all you need

lol, it's true, I honestly had no problems with it, 345hp and the stock all season m&s tires. I only slipped a few times where the side roads were pure ice. But keep in mind I did drive it as LITTLE as possible, driving to work and back only, and used the wife's car for daily errands.

nusneak
08-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Driving without snow tires is stupid!!!

Don't be so cheap, the $400-$1000 on snowtires will be a lot less then time lost from work/personal life from an accident.
FWIW, I spent $800 on 4 unmounted 14" studded snowtires :thumbsup:

mslbebiz
08-21-2007, 04:13 PM
Doing some searching and I came across this great article if anyone's interested. It's called: Why you should drive your sports car in the Winter

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/ly/wintercayman.htm

I'm becoming more and more convinced this is the way to go.

Ashkente
08-21-2007, 04:17 PM
I think most of us don't cause we're afraid our rust will get worse...:cry:

However, if I had to, LSD and snow tires would be a must. Everything else you can work around.

max_boost
08-21-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm not making payments on my car and having it sit there. Winter is fun in RWD!

Antonito
08-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Ashkente
I think most of us don't cause we're afraid our rust will get worse...:cry:

However, if I had to, LSD and snow tires would be a must. Everything else you can work around.

That was going to be my thought. Rust, the dangers of others hitting you because they are to good to put on snow tires, and the fun of finding hidden curbs all make winter a less than awesome experience depending on how worried you get about your car.

The actual driving is only as bad as you make it. There will be times where you might be stuck at a stop sign wanting to make a right and having to wait till there isn't a car in sight, but unless you are extremely unlucky or dumb, you should be fine with some winter tires and patience.

Annoyingrob
08-21-2007, 04:58 PM
I drove my Supra all winter. it was pushing about 340whp at the time, maybe more due to the cold air.

Anyways, it was a blast to drive! I stuck a good set of winters on it, and the only time I ever got the car stuck was when I got stopped in traffic, on an up hill slope, with some polished ice beneath me.

I was driving in snow so deep, my bumper was shovelling it up, but it went through with ease.

The LSD was fun in the snow. The back-end wanted to go sideways at EVERY light, but a little steer, and you're good to go.

The only bad part was my paint got all swirly from me scrubbing the dirt and salt off the car every week.

tictactoe2004
08-21-2007, 05:06 PM
I once drove my 87 Mustang GT with 3.73 gears and all seasons in the winter... once.. never again unless I had snow tires and sand bags in the back. I got stuck on an almost perfectly flat cul-de-sac to the point where I left my car idling in second gear and got out trying to push it myself... it wouldnt budge, thank god some guys in a truck drove by and it took all 3 of em to get me out of there... I'm sure with a newer vehicle and traction control you'd be ok... I drove my ex-gf's 325i in the winter with all seasons and it was ok if your a descent driver.

ga16i
08-21-2007, 05:13 PM
I drove in the winter a few times w/ my 240, just for kicks. Mostly putting heavy stuff in the rear and being REAL gentle on the throttle kept me in control. Winter driving in Calgary really isn't THAT bad as long as you stick to major roads that are basically bare pavement anyway except for a few days during the year right after snowfall. Just stay away for residential side streets, you're not going anywhere. :banghead:

You can always try carpooling w/ a few fatties in the back for better traction.

Ballin
08-21-2007, 05:27 PM
I drove my 300z all winter on brand new all seasons last year. It was fun as hell but it got me into some close calls on deerfoot and and some ice side roads. Really its all about driving within you comfort zone and not being an idiot but ive been driving rwd cars and trucks in calgary for over 10 years no accidents.

Hamann
08-21-2007, 06:57 PM
Drove my Mustang Last winter, had All Seasons on the Back but left my Summer's on the Front (Yes its Stupid but i Did it) threw some Lead weights in the back and had no problems, Had to pull away in 2nd whenever i came to a stop but all you have to do pay attention when you drive, dont do anything stupid and i would advise picking up winter tires on some steelies, other then that theres nothing to it.

You can always pick up a winter beater for the cost of a good set of winter tires ($1000) thats what i did, so much easier to not worry about it.

SteveyBoy
08-21-2007, 07:04 PM
I drove my old silvia last year with winters on and it did me great even had a little fun untill it's demise in the summer!

dj_rice
08-21-2007, 07:37 PM
I drove my boosted 240sx in wintertime with bald ass all-seasons....I just drove extremely slow and avoided major roads..

ZorroAMG
08-21-2007, 07:47 PM
E-class + Dunlop Graspics = no issues.

BokCh0y
08-21-2007, 07:51 PM
IS300 + Toyo Garit H/T's = No Problem

I will never drive another FWD car ever!!!!!

RWD - FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deetz
08-21-2007, 08:11 PM
Don't have anymore, but it was wicked when i did....

1980 Celica GT coupe with Toyo winter grips and 2 sandbags in the trunk. I had better traction than the average car and never got stuck, it was a blast actually.

avishal26
08-21-2007, 08:15 PM
I drove my car last winter :D I had summer tires on tooo (they were almost bald) but keep in mind I was in kingston at the time, it is a much smaller city than calgary and I usually only drove when there was almost no snow on the road (i.e. after they'd been cleared.) I didn't have any problems except for getting stuck in a slightly inclined parking lot exit one time..during heavy snow.....it took me about half an hour of persistent tryin to get outta there lol.

Besides...when you drive a RWD in the winter, its soo much fun to steer with your rear wheels lol. everytime it seems like you can't make the turn....just floor it!! and then car just oversteers and turns !!!! wooooot! :poosie:

And as far as the rust is concerned, just pay like a 100 bucks and get rust proof undercoating, or some places even do the entire car for under $200. :clap:

Also, if you have a stick shift like me (which I assume most of you nuts do lol) its kinda hard to get it going in first without lots of slipping...because (well on my car anyways....) the clutch engages really easy since it doesn't have much resistance so the power gets to the wheel really quick, and it just slips a lot.

Have fun this winter....DRiVE SAFE! :thumbsup:

avishal26
08-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Oh...BTW...forgot to mention...I never used sandbags...and I woudln't recommend it because once you get your car oversteering...the sandbags can make your rear end act like a pendulum and you would be swiging the other way pretty quick without expcting it.

Lex350
08-21-2007, 08:32 PM
I drive my RX8 in the winter with snow tires on all corners. The works great. Depending on the conditions I flip off and on the traction control.

SilverBoost
08-21-2007, 10:54 PM
I learned on a RWD when front wheel drive cars were still thought to be a passing fad. Just do it. Yes get winter tires, but traction control is for sissies.*

Avoid the days when snow actually falls as this is generally when the 150-200 accidents will occur. So once darwin is done, go out and have some fun.

*before panties get all knotted, don't take the intraweb too seriously.

Ekliptix
08-21-2007, 11:47 PM
I can't say enough for winter tires. They'll last you years and years and make winder driving much more in control and less frustrating.

I bought a $3k jeep for the winter though. :)

SR240SX
08-22-2007, 12:18 AM
I'll never drive my car on the highway in the winter ever again..i just cant go fast enough lol..probly only pushing maybe 230whp before and now easily over 300 so im going to park it this winter:thumbsup:

SilverRex
08-22-2007, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
I'm not making payments on my car and having it sit there. Winter is fun in RWD!

you mean you drive your slk in the winter? wolly molly, does each rock chip and ding cause you hundreds to repair? jk

pardip_johal
08-22-2007, 08:04 AM
winter tires :thumbsup:

guessboi
08-22-2007, 09:42 AM
my mx5 coupe is awesome with winter tires. so much fun driving around but need to be careful not to be too aggressive because my car is so light! :D

mslbebiz
08-22-2007, 09:52 AM
Awesome thread gang!

Oh...BTW...forgot to mention...I never used sandbags...and I woudln't recommend it because once you get your car oversteering...the sandbags can make your rear end act like a pendulum and you would be swiging the other way pretty quick without expcting it.

You're supposed to put the sandbags directly over the rear axle so this doesn't happen, but most people put it in the back of the trunk which will do exactly what you said.

avishal26
08-22-2007, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by mslbebiz
Awesome thread gang!

You're supposed to put the sandbags directly over the rear axle so this doesn't happen, but most people put it in the back of the trunk which will do exactly what you said.

Oh really? Hmm...I wonder if there's an easy way to secure the sandbags so that they're always right above the axle, and don't move around....

msommers
08-22-2007, 12:36 PM
Wow, another one of these threads...they just keep coming!:zzz:

SilverBoost
08-22-2007, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by msommers

ha yeah, but it's painfully obvious that winter driving is a pretty big deal here, seeing as there are about 150-200 car wrecks the first snow fall of every year and then almost half as many during every one after that.

I laff.... it's like people here have never seen it before. Every year folks, every year.

Mangina
08-23-2007, 07:09 AM
4x4 FTW!

lbrowne
08-23-2007, 10:54 AM
I have a 240sx, on my second one and both had all winter duties - daily driven. I took them out in the most extreme weather with no probs and no traction control. (1989 and 1990 model years)

I've only ever had all seasons on them however I made sure they were good and not banana skins. I never have a problem and I never put extra weight in the back either. Know what gear to be in for situation you're dealing with.

Lex350
08-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Mangina
4x4 FTW!

4 x 4....How many of these do you see flipped in the ditch on the new3s after every snow fall because the drivers think they are invincible and drive like complete retards.
:rolleyes:

lint
08-23-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by avishal26

Oh really? Hmm...I wonder if there's an easy way to secure the sandbags so that they're always right above the axle, and don't move around....

Usually that thing called gravity will help hold your sandbags in place. That is if you aren't driving like a hooligan. If you're that worried about it, strap them down with some bungee cords.

lint
08-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by SilverBoost

ha yeah, but it's painfully obvious that winter driving is a pretty big deal here, seeing as there are about 150-200 car wrecks the first snow fall of every year and then almost half as many during every one after that.

I laff.... it's like people here have never seen it before. Every year folks, every year.

Mostly due to people being too cheap to invest in a decent set of winter rubber.

avishal26
08-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by lint

Usually that thing called gravity will help hold your sandbags in place. That is if you aren't driving like a hooligan. If you're that worried about it, strap them down with some bungee cords.

HAHAHA....fair enough. :rofl:

962 kid
08-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by SR240SX
I'll never drive my car on the highway in the winter ever again..i just cant go fast enough lol..probly only pushing maybe 230whp before and now easily over 300 so im going to park it this winter:thumbsup:

learning how to drive + winter tires > you

I drive an AMG C36 for the last 2 winters, as well as several other high hp RWD cars. On the amg, we use dunlop graspics and they work fantastic

japancar
08-24-2007, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Annoyingrob
I
The LSD was fun in the snow.

My goodness...drugs in the snow?

GotRice?
11-20-2007, 09:10 PM
wow RWD + winter = not good. i was driving today in my 240 and nearly got into a few accidents. I wasn't really going fast either and i often lose traction starting off. I also noticed when slowing down my car just turns and my brakes lock ( i don't slam or hit my brekas hard) and when i try and go abit faster ( 40-50km/h) my car fishtails and i lose control again. Oh boy:confused: this is going to be one hell of a winter for me. Any tips or anything that could help my winter driving ? this is the first winter i'll be driving and yeah any help would do THANKS

962 kid
11-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by GotRice?
wow RWD + winter = not good. i was driving today in my 240 and nearly got into a few accidents. I wasn't really going fast either and i often lose traction starting off. I also noticed when slowing down my car just turns and my brakes lock ( i don't slam or hit my brekas hard) and when i try and go abit faster ( 40-50km/h) my car fishtails and i lose control again. Oh boy:confused: this is going to be one hell of a winter for me. Any tips or anything that could help my winter driving ? this is the first winter i'll be driving and yeah any help would do THANKS

you could start by reading this thread :)

Eleanor
11-20-2007, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid

you could start by reading this thread :)

By the sounds of it, i don't think he has that capability

JAYMEZ
11-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Wow bunch of cry babies on here...

Ive driven my RX-7 and Supra AND M3 in snow... Any damn car can be driven in winter , you live in calgary , get used to it.. Just get some good tires and dont drive like its the summer.

Annoyingrob
11-20-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by japancar

My goodness...drugs in the snow?
Yeah man. Nothing better than dancing purple snow.

I sold my beater, and put my winters on my Supra for another season of awesome winter driving :).

Bimmer88
11-20-2007, 11:16 PM
Yeh I drive my bimmer in winter... scary shit!

11-20-2007, 11:51 PM
2 Years ago i drove an 87 Camaro around with all season motomaster SE's. wasnt bad. not as easy as the honda this year but still not all that difficult.

DC2
11-20-2007, 11:55 PM
first year driving a rwd. but it has traction and i have a good set of winters so i think im set :D

S13_Ryan
11-20-2007, 11:59 PM
i drive my 240 with winters this winter cause im spending too much money on it to have a 2nd car. haha:( its gonna be rough but she'll make it.

SR240SX
11-21-2007, 12:19 AM

learning how to drive + winter tires > you

I drive an AMG C36 for the last 2 winters, as well as several other high hp RWD cars. On the amg, we use dunlop graspics and they work fantastic

Your a retard...im going to bet that your AMG has traction control...and weighs more then my car..i drove back from lethbridge one time in a complete white out..and it was horrible..people would drive beside me trying to pass me next thing you know theyre in the ditch..this is why i said that..city roads i dont have a problem and havent crashed yet. Dont tell me i dont know how to drive because your AMG is fine in the winter you douche.

SR240SX
11-21-2007, 12:19 AM

Stopthat
11-21-2007, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by msommers

Idratherbsidewayz
11-21-2007, 12:37 AM
I have driven my 235whp 240 for the past 4 winters. Nothing beats good snow tires and knowing how to drive.

Oversteer is much easier to control than understeer btw. Its a monstrous difference when I drive my parents Maxima. They have amazing winter tires but I don't feel remotely as in control as in the RWD 240.

icecreamvan
11-21-2007, 12:37 AM
Who drives a RHD in winter? I mean fuck, Calgary roads aren't designed for right side weight bias. Retards.

962 kid
11-21-2007, 12:41 AM

Your a retard...im going to bet that your AMG has traction control...and weighs more then my car..i drove back from lethbridge one time in a complete white out..and it was horrible..people would drive beside me trying to pass me next thing you know theyre in the ditch..this is why i said that..city roads i dont have a problem and havent crashed yet. Dont tell me i dont know how to drive because your AMG is fine in the winter you douche.

I don't like driving with TC on :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/michaelboulanger/miscellaneous/IMG_7003.jpg

I also live basically on 22x and hit the highway up every day. If you think your car is unusable on the highway because it's making 300hp (holy smokes :rolleyes: ) then yah, you don't know how to drive. I really don't get what your whiteout story has to do with anything though... what because other people get stuck in ditches your car is too intense for the highway? Give me a break buddy.

Hakkola
11-21-2007, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
Wow bunch of cry babies on here...

Ive driven my RX-7 and Supra AND M3 in snow... Any damn car can be driven in winter , you live in calgary , get used to it.. Just get some good tires and dont drive like its the summer.

:werd: All I've ever driven in the winter is RWD. I put my car away this winter though, driving my mom's civic. I've never used FWD in the winter...

pf0sh0
11-21-2007, 12:47 AM
I almost crashed in my RWD car today...and iwas going really slow and being safe.. but having bald all seasons does nothign for you

ercchry
11-21-2007, 12:48 AM
anyone want to set up a pool for who is not making it threw this winter with there car in one piece?

my top three are

GotRice?
Bimmer88
pf0sh0

oh and if this is your first winter driving please go play around in a very large and very empty parking lot and learn your car

DC2
11-21-2007, 12:53 AM
^ I bet you Stopthat will be banned before anything comes close to happening to those guys

ercchry
11-21-2007, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by DC2
^ I bet you Stopthat will be banned before anything comes close to happening to those guys

well thats a given...

Idratherbsidewayz
11-21-2007, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by DC2

+1

swampbuggy
11-21-2007, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Hakkola

I've never used FWD in the winter...

Just introduce yourself to the e-brake.

And get ready to not enjoy driving as much......

But a good decision to garage the Benz:thumbsup:

peterparker
11-21-2007, 02:30 AM
i found that in the 3 winters i have driven
my rwd was the best out of all the other cars i drove
1991 ef hatch
1988 crx

just put some weight in the ass end, subs, tires, sand bags etc, spend a little dough on some decent winter tires, not all seasons, and watch the throttle

its so much fun!

SR240SX
11-21-2007, 10:56 AM

I don't like driving with TC on :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/michaelboulanger/miscellaneous/IMG_7003.jpg

I also live basically on 22x and hit the highway up every day. If you think your car is unusable on the highway because it's making 300hp (holy smokes :rolleyes: ) then yah, you don't know how to drive. I really don't get what your whiteout story has to do with anything though... what because other people get stuck in ditches your car is too intense for the highway? Give me a break buddy.

Because you showed me a picture of yourself doing a little gravel sliding you think im going to beleive you never use TC?...im bet you do when roads are absolute shit and you cant see a damn thing infront of you. I dont care you can call me a bad driver...but my car is still in one peice and i will stay in one peice..im not an idiot unlike allot of people ive seen with RWD cars on the road during winter. And btw..i can garantee my car makes more power then that AMG...300+whp is allot of power i think. And the whiteout story...that has to do with my first post and saying i wont drive on highways again (and i ment in the type of conditons it was when i drove to calgary from lethbridge)

blownz
11-21-2007, 10:56 AM
Drove my E46 the last 3 winters. About to start driving an E90 for the next few. No problems with traction on the streets and I only got stuck once last winter after we had about a foot of snow and the bumper was pushing snow in the cresent. Put the car back in the garage and then took the SUV. :thumbsup:

civicluva
11-21-2007, 11:01 AM
Just stay away from bridgestone potenza summer tires. I drove my RX-8 last year and it was horrid.

TorqueDog
11-21-2007, 12:27 PM
I drove my Camaro two winters, one with the plain Goodyear Eagle RS-As, and then one year I drove it with 315s on the back. I survived, no winter damage at all.

Comparing it to my M5, the M5 is far better in the winter despite having 400 horsies. But the Camaro really got me trained on "How to drive a RWD in the winter PROPERLY".

bituerbo
11-21-2007, 12:44 PM
Lexus LS400 is my year-round people hauler.
260hp, 4200lb, the factory traction control is pretty good for a system that came out in the early 90's (and it can also be turned off with an electric switch).

Oh, I'm running all-season tires aired down to 30psi, and I don't go above 120km/hr. I had tons of grip last night, ran this same setup with these same tires last year without a problem. Got stuck once on uphill trying to peddle on sheer ice.

7thgenvic
11-21-2007, 12:45 PM
i just got some new studded perelli's today on the Ol' Lexus LS400. I have to say. I will never go a winter without winter tires. Saying that. I think its not a good idea to even rock all-seasons. or summers. makes the roads dangerous for everyone else

C4S
11-21-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by mslbebiz
The best car I ever drove in the winter was a MkII Supra with studded tires.

Now I'm considering getting a RWD sports car and driving it year round - with winter tires of course. I figure if you've got a nice car and wanna enjoy it, you might as well drive it in the winter too. Life's too short for a car nut to drive a beater half the year. :D

Who else drives RWD in the winter? Any thoughts?

LOTS of people do!

My winter car is RWD, with snow tires, my summer car is AWD with summer tires!

Rat Fink
11-21-2007, 12:57 PM

85regal
11-21-2007, 02:06 PM
what i really wanna see is insurance companies and cops start inspecting cars after an accident. I mean come on, these people driving around in snow with bald tires, windows covered in snow. Driving in snow and ice is not hard, just slow down and put the f'n cell phones down..

max_boost
11-21-2007, 02:45 PM
^^^

I agree! The CPS can issue tickets for having faulty equipment right? Having bald tires would fall along those lines.

heavyD
11-21-2007, 07:44 PM
I had winters on my SRT-4 and winters on my MR-2 and get much better traction with the MR2 in fact it is better than my old AWD DSM with all season tires. It's not if your FWD or RWD its your tires and how much attention you pay to the road conditions.

japancar
11-23-2007, 02:10 AM
Why would there be a difference with a RHD? As long as you have proper winter tires, I can't see any issues. In fact, we've sent more JDM cars to Canada this month than last month (8 containers this month) and its even busier next month. But, lots were 4X4s like Hilux, Delicas and Land Cruisers. Although, we have 3 Aristos and a Bluebird going to Calgary on Monday (thanks Juan).

bituerbo
11-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by japancar
Why would there be a difference with a RHD? As long as you have proper winter tires, I can't see any issues. In fact, we've sent more JDM cars to Canada this month than last month (8 containers this month) and its even busier next month. But, lots were 4X4s like Hilux, Delicas and Land Cruisers. Although, we have 3 Aristos and a Bluebird going to Calgary on Monday (thanks Juan).

Reading comprehension > you

badatusrnames
11-26-2007, 04:35 PM
^^ I think he was referring to this:

Originally posted by icecreamvan
Who drives a RHD in winter? I mean fuck, Calgary roads aren't designed for right side weight bias. Retards.

R!zz0
11-27-2007, 12:55 PM
I drive my G35 Coupe in winter with winter rims and tires...I love it
I tried driving my Hot Rod, Never again. :eek:

peterparker
11-27-2007, 03:06 PM
so since we are on the topic of rwd.... has anybody driven a rwd imorted car before????

1) how was it

2) did you have to spray paint the bottom of the car or undercoat it some how to prevent rusting???

Annoyingrob
11-27-2007, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by peterparker
so since we are on the topic of rwd.... has anybody driven a rwd imorted car before????
Just stop right there, and be quiet.

Wasn't your thread on this already locked?

IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER WHAT SIDE THE STEERING WHEEL IS ON. A car in the snow is a car in the snow.

Destinova403
11-27-2007, 05:34 PM

Wasn't your thread on this already locked?

IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER WHAT SIDE THE STEERING WHEEL IS ON. A car in the snow is a car in the snow.

but its mad tyte JDM yo! :rofl:

R!zz0
11-27-2007, 06:03 PM

Classic :rofl:

TegLover
11-27-2007, 08:55 PM

Because you showed me a picture of yourself doing a little gravel sliding you think im going to beleive you never use TC?...im bet you do when roads are absolute shit and you cant see a damn thing infront of you. I dont care you can call me a bad driver...but my car is still in one peice and i will stay in one peice..im not an idiot unlike allot of people ive seen with RWD cars on the road during winter. And btw..i can garantee my car makes more power then that AMG...300+whp is allot of power i think. And the whiteout story...that has to do with my first post and saying i wont drive on highways again (and i ment in the type of conditons it was when i drove to calgary from lethbridge)

i agree with this guy. I like to drive with TC off as well but just today is a big no no, don't try to say you won't use the TC if you are loosing control everywhere. :bullshit:

zieg
11-27-2007, 09:04 PM
When I was in highschool I had an old camaro with pretty worn out summer tires.. I was fine, just drove real carefully...

Now I drive my 240 year round.

God I wish I had a winter beater.. Mostly because of the dirt and rust etc.