PDA

View Full Version : Infiniti: Worst experience dealing with the so called luxury automaker

Pages : [1] 2

w_man
08-21-2007, 10:00 PM
I leased a 2007 G35 S this year. It's hard for me to say anything positive about the car because of the horrible experience I had dealing with Infiniti.

I got the car earlier this year and was involved in an accident a month later. I asked Infiniti where to take the car and they steered me towards Calgary Coach Works which deals with all Infinitis. At that time I was given the estimate of one month to repair the car.

I stayed in touch with the body shop and they were on schedule before they sent the car back to Infiniti to perform repairs on the airbags and suspension. It was there for a few weeks before I called to get an update. I was told at this time that they are awaiting some parts which are back ordered. This was considered normal as its such a new model. I understood and continued waiting. Another couple of weeks go by and I find out that the parts arrived but when they went in to repair the car, they realized 3 more parts are required, which are so new that they are not even in the system so they don't have a price for my insurance company. 2 week later, they still don't know the price but I am told they will do me a favor and order the parts anyways. 2 more weeks go by and the service manager at the dealership has finally gotten the information that the parts are NOT in North America and they have to get them from Japan but he has absolutely no ETA on the parts. It has been 3 months from the date of my accident. I am making payments for the past 3 months on a car I am not driving and to my surprise Infiniti still cant tell me when the parts will arrive from Japan.

I am without a car at this point and I have repeatedly asked
Infiniti's recommended body shop as well as Infiniti to help me with a loaner car. They have both refused to provide a loaner car and have simply told me they are not prepared to do anything for me. I submitted this information to Infiniti Canada and It has been over a week, I didn't even get an auto reply stating they received my concern.

I used to be in the BMW family before and they truly presented themselves as a luxury dealership. Infiniti released a product they are not prepared to support and they wont do anything to help you during the process. I have received better service from Ford.

The car itself performed well but if you are like me and are concerned about making sure the auto maker is able to support their product, then this isn't the car for you. It is a simple fact that accidents happen and you maybe left without any support or help from Infiniti for months until they finally figure out how to put your car back together.

I got my car from Hyatt Infiniti dealership from Calgary. As far as I am concerned, this isn't just about the dealership anymore. Infiniti Canada has clearly showed they are not interested in rectifying this situation. I do NOT recommend this car to anyone.

Crymson
08-21-2007, 10:31 PM
I dunno, kinda sounds to me like they are doing what they can, it's just bad luck. They probalby should have figured they'd need those 3 parts right off the bat, but it doesn't sound like that would have changed the situation at all.

You're insurance company should have provided you with a rental.

Lex350
08-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Crymson
I dunno, kinda sounds to me like they are doing what they can, it's just bad luck. They probalby should have figured they'd need those 3 parts right off the bat, but it doesn't sound like that would have changed the situation at all.

I'm with you on this. I don;t think this is the dealers fault. I would be bitching at your insurance company for the rental...after all it in a crash not a manufacturers defect.

roopi
08-21-2007, 10:38 PM
Infiniti/Bodyshop shouldn't be providing a loaner car. Your insurance should be doing this for up to 1 month.

w_man
08-21-2007, 10:38 PM
They did ... even insurance companies have limited funds for rentals. Those funds are gone.

I can truly understand that they are waiting for parts but what i dont understand is how in this day and age of technology and superior communication, we cant find out when the parts will get here.

My first issue is the fact that Infiniti in general wasnt prepared to support their product before releasing it. Second is the management system in place is not connected in order to get updates on situations like parts availability. Third the lack of support they are willing to provide. Why is it so hard for them to simply provide a loaner since I'm sure this is an extra ordinary situation for them and there arent many others out there who have had their cars in the shop for over 3 months.

Its simply not what I expect from a luxury automaker.

Crymson
08-21-2007, 10:45 PM
I think alot of insurance companies will go beyond a month, or else perhaps there is must be extra coverage. I know I've had friends that had a loaner for almost 6 months due to this kind of crap, the rental had to have been as much as the repair. They should have written the car off if they knew how long the rental would be.

Sure they probably should have had the right parts on hand, but mind you, it's a repair, not a defect. So there can be weird part issues. The G35 has been around for 5 years now, they shouldn't have a problem. It's probably one of those parts that in order to get one, they need to canabalize something on the assembly line because they NEVER fail, and if they do, it's because the car is a write off.

Who knows?

What i'm trying to say, is this isn't one of those situations where screaming and anger is going to do anyone any favour. They shop MAY be giving you the run around, but it's in insurance claim -- they have no reason to dick you at all. If the car could be fixed it would be.

And as for the "luxury" aspect. Infitini's are nice, yes. But i'ts not a rolls royce. It's not like you exactly dropped 150,000$ on your vehicle, it IS a rebadged Nissan. I'm not tyring to crap on your car, i wish i could afford a g35, but i'm saying that as far as the luxury spectrum goes, infinity is about halfway.

w_man
08-21-2007, 10:59 PM
Hey i hear ya ... they call themselves a luxury automaker and consider themselves to be in the same league as BMW.

Once again, I am not arguing the fact that they truly cant find the part. I do think for sure their technicians should have ordered these parts initially when they initially did an analysis on the damages. I do expect a loaner from the body shop or the dealership in this regard mainly because a GOOD bodyshop / dealership will loan you a car. It is an insurance claim and they are getting good money to get this work done. How many A1 autobody loaner cars do you see on the road? I had a rental for a month and a half .. I gave lots of notice to see if they could setup a car for me and nothing.

At this point, i'm not angry or threatening Infiniti with anything .. I do expect them to contact the manufacturer (even if its in Japan) and get a reasonable ETA for me .. I think that's a reasonable expectation after 3 months.

My issue isnt really with the parts not being available .. its the lack of information Infiniti seems to have from their parts manufacturer and their support to their clients in extra ordinary situations like this .... I wouldnt want anyone else experiencing what i'm experiencing ...

Crymson
08-21-2007, 11:05 PM
That sucks -- you're between a rock and hard place, and I can totally see why you'd want to vent.

Look on the bright side -- it's still only a lease! You can hand them back their keys in 2 years and not have to eat the depreciation on a repaired vehicle.

Can they use parts from a recycler or does insurance require you use brand new oem parts?

TomcoPDR
08-21-2007, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Crymson

:werd: should be your insurance's to be covering your loss of use. Seeing that it's a lease, I'm hoping rental will be included in your coverage.

Redlyne_mr2
08-21-2007, 11:29 PM
Its funny I know a guy who bought a brand new qx56 from hyatt, drove it for a year then traded it in for a lexus just because he dispised Hyatt's service.

pattyt
08-22-2007, 01:29 AM
infiniti treats me and my family like royalty. Whenever we have any problems with the car we somehow end up just getting them taken care of for free or for hardly any cost. No warranty either on one of the cars. I guess its just up to the dealer. But around here :thumbsup: for infiniti

infected
08-22-2007, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by w_man
At this point, i'm not angry or threatening Infiniti with anything .. I do expect them to contact the manufacturer (even if its in Japan) and get a reasonable ETA for me .. I think that's a reasonable expectation after 3 months.

My issue isnt really with the parts not being available .. its the lack of information Infiniti seems to have from their parts manufacturer and their support to their clients in extra ordinary situations like this .... I wouldnt want anyone else experiencing what i'm experiencing ...

By the sounds of it, you're already being treated better than the customers over at Lone Star. Just keep nagging them and they'll do something productive. Best of luck. :thumbsup:

gen2teggy
08-22-2007, 02:10 AM
maybe the parts that come in r damaged?
this guy who has his car over at CCW bodyshop
needed a new roof panal
1st 1 we got was damaged....
we told nissan canada too send us a new 1
3weeks later
it comes damaged

so 3months pass....on our 5th roof panal...no damage.

if the part has to come out of japan....it would take 3 months...if Infiniti/nissan canada doesnt have it in stock

but best of luck too u.

T-rus
08-22-2007, 06:47 AM
Being in the industry myself what we have done in the past is if the customer has to wait stupid amounts of time we will use another vehicle from the lot and take the parts from it. Just recently a customer purchased a brand new suv and on the pdi I found the A/C not working. It ended up being a faulty wire harness, we were told it would take up to 2 months or so to get a new one in, so we grabbed a another new suv of same model and yanked the harness out of it. The doaner vehicle sat for almost 3 months, I just finished putting the new wire harness back into the vehicle yesterday.

Yes it may of been a pain to have a vehicle in the back lot that we could not sell but on the other hand we had a satisfied customer.

w_man
08-22-2007, 07:05 AM
That's exactly it. The point here is that Infiniti doesn’t HAVE to do anything here. If they were legally bound to do something extra ordinary in this scenario, believe me i'd have my lawyer knocking on their door. These things happen and what separates a GOOD automaker from a bad or average one is when they go above and beyond to rectify a situation. I am not saying Infiniti is doing something wrong but the fact they were not fully prepared to support this car when they released it ... i was hoping they would act like a luxury automaker they claim to be and do something similar to what T-Rus said.

Instead I don’t have anyone calling me to give me updates. It's been over 20 days since I last talked to someone at Infiniti and over a week since i submitted my concern to Infiniti Canada. They haven’t even made it a point to call and update me on the situation. I emailed my sales person to ask what it would take to simply get rid of my Infiniti because I am not happy with my experience and as professional as he is, he hasn’t even returned my email (he used to write me back rather quickly before this incident). Once again .. they don’t have to call me or do anything ... but I guess I have been spoiled by BMW.

I'm almost inclined to simply stop making payments on the car, letting them write it on my credit history .. going over and grabbing a BMW ....

Any suggestions ...?

trieuth
08-22-2007, 07:39 AM
were you at fault in the accident?

if you weren't there should be no max for a rental car cause it all ends up getting billed to the other persons insurance company. if it is your fault, then you have a max on the rental vehicle. 9/10 after the insurance company stops paying you can get the shop to pay.

that forces them to work on the car faster, so they arent losing as much money

i work with a car rental company that does insurance replacements, i know how most of this works

w_man
08-22-2007, 08:06 AM
Yup, my insurance company covered for the maximum amount. They even told me recently that if I had gone with their preferred body shop, they would still pay for a rental if it took this long but because I picked CCW, they can’t do anymore for me. I picked CCW because Infiniti uses them ... that’s my mistake of course .. I regret going to CCW for this work let alone purchasing this car which is so high maintenance apparently.

I would expect them to cover the cost of a loaner / rental after my insurance funds depleted but nothing!!! The owner of CCW said no and Infiniti bluntly said no.

These are simple courtesies you sometimes expect from a 'luxury' dealership and its affiliated body shops.

ZyaL8R
08-22-2007, 08:37 AM
If it's drivable why not pick it up and do the work at another shop? Hell I gave Sunridge (worthless dealership) an HOUR to fix their alignment fuckup before getting my key back and going to CMS. 3 months is being way too patient!

w_man
08-22-2007, 08:48 AM
I wish i could ... They are saying the parts are related to the suspension ...

I agree ... I have waited 3 months considering the parts issue and labour shortage in Calgary ... After 3 months when you are told 'unfortunately we dont have an ETA on the parts' ... would drive anyone crazy.

I thought i'd discuss it here .... always get a good perspective talking on beyond.

The Cosworth
08-22-2007, 08:49 AM
That's exactly it. The point here is that Infiniti doesn’t HAVE to do anything here. If they were legally bound to do something extra ordinary in this scenario, believe me i'd have my lawyer knocking on their door. These things happen and what separates a GOOD automaker from a bad or average one is when they go above and beyond to rectify a situation. I am not saying Infiniti is doing something wrong but the fact they were not fully prepared to support this car when they released it ... i was hoping they would act like a luxury automaker they claim to be and do something similar to what T-Rus said.

Instead I don’t have anyone calling me to give me updates. It's been over 20 days since I last talked to someone at Infiniti and over a week since i submitted my concern to Infiniti Canada. They haven’t even made it a point to call and update me on the situation. I emailed my sales person to ask what it would take to simply get rid of my Infiniti because I am not happy with my experience and as professional as he is, he hasn’t even returned my email (he used to write me back rather quickly before this incident). Once again .. they don’t have to call me or do anything ... but I guess I have been spoiled by BMW.

I'm almost inclined to simply stop making payments on the car, letting them write it on my credit history .. going over and grabbing a BMW ....

Any suggestions ...?

I agree with you here, I understand that the dealer doesn't HAVE to do anything but they most likely should. I also understand that they can't help parts and different things, but I would like to know how many cars go home with the employees of the dealership every day. I dont think you are wrong in thinking this one bit. The only real way to tell is by they way you feel once you walk out of the dealership, I once had the same sort of problem at Crowfoot Ford with my Stang but I left feeling they were trying to fix it the best they could. So I couldn't have been happier with them and they hadn't done shit to my car

Yup, my insurance company covered for the maximum amount. They even told me recently that if I had gone with their preferred body shop, they would still pay for a rental if it took this long but because I picked CCW, they can’t do anymore for me. I picked CCW because Infiniti uses them ... that’s my mistake of course .. I regret going to CCW for this work let alone purchasing this car which is so high maintenance apparently.

I would expect them to cover the cost of a loaner / rental after my insurance funds depleted but nothing!!! The owner of CCW said no and Infiniti bluntly said no.

These are simple courtesies you sometimes expect from a 'luxury' dealership and its affiliated body shops.

Look at it this way though, your insurance would have covered it but when you tried to trade it back in they could have said "hey this was in an accident and you didnt get it fixed at the dealer (or dealer approved place) like it says in your lease" I know my lease says you HAVE to fix all problems (minus oil changes) at a Mitsu dealer or authorized shop

canuckcarguy
08-22-2007, 09:12 AM
Wow. this situation sucks. I would not stop making the payments, though, you'd only be biting off your nose to spite your face. Even though we think of them all as the same entity, we have to remember that the dealer, the finance company, and the manufacturer are all different entities. Nissan Canada Finance didn't mess up - they provided lease financing on the car, which you accepted. If you don't pay them, they'll sue you, they'll win, and your credit will be ruined. Which means next time, you won't be choosing between a bimmer and an Infiniti, you'll be wandering the Mac James motors lot deciding between a 1989 Tempo and a Hyundai Pony. Both overpriced, of course...

I agree that Nissan should, at a minimum, provide an ETA for your part from Japan. One poster said 3 months from Japan. Why? I've had cars arrive in less time, and a part should be air freight, could be here in 3 days. Call it a week or so including customs.

I had the same issue with Porsche. I needed a part for my 911, and I went to the dealership to order it. Their computer showed the part was in stock in Germany, and they quoted me between 1 and 16 weeks for it to arrive. That was as close as they could estimate. Why bother having computers if you can't even figure out a relatively accurate shipping estimate for an in-stock part?

I'd go to the dealer principal and tell him that you're online spreading this story, and demand a loaner, no matter how lowly - you don't need a luxury car, but providing some basic transportation should be a given, since this is not your fault. You might even offer to buy one of their used cars, insure it, and drive it until you car is ready, then sell it back to them for the same price.

And I would check with a lawyer - there must be some limit to the amount of time they can retain your vehicle without you being reimbursed, given that the delay appears to be due to them ordering the wrong, or insufficient, parts.

Anyway, good luck. I feel your pain.

infamous
08-22-2007, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by brendankharris
but I would like to know how many cars go home with the employees of the dealership every day.

lol are you kidding me? being a former employee of hyatt infiniti, i can guarantee that none of the staff there takes any infiniti loaners home at night.

here's probably the biggest reason that you can't get a loaner from hyatt. they have 5 loaner cars, and they are booked weeks in advance for when people come and have any work done. during the time that i worked there, only once do i remember any customer being able to have the loaner for more than one day. so to screw someone else out of the loaner car that they booked weeks ago, and give one to you, just would not be possible.

just thought i would clear that up.

Lex350
08-22-2007, 09:23 AM

Any suggestions ...?

if you think Infinity is bad for service wait till you get raped by Calgary BMW. Calgary is well know for having bad BMW stealerships when it comes to service.

GOnSHO
08-22-2007, 09:29 AM
the bodyshop my car is at right has about 100+ courtesy cars... your bodyshop has to have one open.. if not, thats complete bullshit, keep pushing them man!

w_man
08-22-2007, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by infamous

lol are you kidding me? being a former employee of hyatt infiniti, i can guarantee that none of the staff there takes any infiniti loaners home at night.

here's probably the biggest reason that you can't get a loaner from hyatt. they have 5 loaner cars, and they are booked weeks in advance for when people come and have any work done. during the time that i worked there, only once do i remember any customer being able to have the loaner for more than one day. so to screw someone else out of the loaner car that they booked weeks ago, and give one to you, just would not be possible.

just thought i would clear that up.

Infamous, I understand that side of it too .. they have told me about their 'service' where the loaners are only given out for a day but here's another scenario i was involved in ... in 1998.

We got our first Civic from Calgary Honda and 2 months later, my buddy was installing xeon lights and pulled out the power steering fluid container out of its place and forgot to place it back. Next morning i drove to work with no problems but after work the steering was very stiff .. the pipe was close to the timing belt and got cut. I had to go to edmonton the next day so i called the dealership (which was 10 mins from my work) explained them the situation .. told them it was my fault and asked for advice. They had me bring the car in where a guy from enterprise was waiting with paperwork ... i gave my keys, signed one sheet of paper and i was out the door. A week later i picked up the car, Honda didnt charge me a dime for the repairs nor for the rental. We went back there in 2002 and got a new car and even though i have closer Honda dealerships, i still go to that one to get the car serviced.

Honda didnt have to do ANY of that ... they did and have a satisfied customer!!!

spyce
08-22-2007, 09:52 AM

Why do you expect CCW to provide you with a loaner car. Their job is to repair the body damage to your car and from the sounds of that they have done that. I can understand if they were taking longer than expected to repair the work they are specifically suppose to be doing on your car...but that doesnt seem like the case.

Your issue, and your only issue, should be with Infiniti at the most. Okay fine you expected a sort of 'out of their way' service with them being a luxury brand and what not. Thats fine since somewhat of a similar situation happened with me before. Repairs were taking a little longer than expected, they didnt have a loaner available since they were all booked out, so they rented a car for me. That may be because my family and I have a good relationship with Lexus. But its something I could see them doing regardless just from my experience there.

Either way, you can just keep hounding them if you want and see if they'll finally crack and try to go above what is the norm and help you out. After its said and done, there isnt much you can do but not buy another infiniti :dunno:

403Gemini
08-22-2007, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

:werd: should be your insurance's to be covering your loss of use. Seeing that it's a lease, I'm hoping rental will be included in your coverage.

*sigh* Untrue

a person only gets a rental if they pay for the coverage - it isnt just automatically put on your policy... With all of the confusion of "DURR your insurance company should getcha a rental!" going around i recommend the bulk of you call your broker and find out if you actually have loss of use coverage... :rolleyes:

the OP paid for the loss of use coverage, as he stated he's run out - the lou coverage is generally only $1000.

What happened in your accident w_man? Was there another vehicle that hit you ? If so - go after that persons insurance to cover up the remaining cost of your rental.

reno97637
08-22-2007, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by T-rus
Being in the industry myself what we have done in the past is if the customer has to wait stupid amounts of time we will use another vehicle from the lot and take the parts from it. Just recently a customer purchased a brand new suv and on the pdi I found the A/C not working. It ended up being a faulty wire harness, we were told it would take up to 2 months or so to get a new one in, so we grabbed a another new suv of same model and yanked the harness out of it. The doaner vehicle sat for almost 3 months, I just finished putting the new wire harness back into the vehicle yesterday.

Yes it may of been a pain to have a vehicle in the back lot that we could not sell but on the other hand we had a satisfied customer.

This is what Infiniti should've done. I had a problem with my Prelude back then and the part that needed to be replaced would take a couple of weeks to come in. The dealership just grabbed the part off another Prelude in the lot and placed it in my car.

Aleks
08-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by rotten42

if you think Infinity is bad for service wait till you get raped by Calgary BMW. Calgary is well know for having bad BMW stealerships when it comes to service.

This has not been my experience so far. I bought my used car in April this year. After I picked it up I told them they should fix the scuff marks on the bottom of the bumper. They agreed, gave me a loaner for 2 days (it was actually a used X5 off the lot, not a dedicated loaner).

Then after I went in for scheduled (free) service the manager agreeed to fix the curb rash on my wheel free of charge, even though the sales guy didn't think they could do anything about it. Every time car goes in it comes out clean inside and out...

I am pretty impressed by how I've been treated so far.

:dunno:

w_man
08-22-2007, 10:24 AM
I agree .. I dealt with crowfoot BMW and they treated me like royalty .. paid for a cab ride up, offered used cars as loaners and sent my car through 'bmw spa' when it went in for oil change ..

I guess everyone has good / bad experiences witih dealerships at one point or another. If this was something which was more of a regular thing, like oil filter being back ordered and it taking an extra week .. i could see everyone being effected by it but the situation i am in is so extra ordinary and they have agreed this is one of the first at the dealership ... wouldnt you consider doing something to help out your customer?

there are lots of options if you can be creative but at this point i am simply getting a 'sorry .. we cant help you and we dont know when your car will be fixed' .... to me thats not acceptable but like one of the posters said .. at the end of it .. i can only share my story, get rid of the car and never purchase another Infiniti.

2EFNFAST
08-22-2007, 01:32 PM
I also had EXTREMELY poor experiences with Infiniti Canada and Hyatt

Infiniti Canada basically told me to go fvck myself

Hyatt Infiniti said something worse.

I will NEVER deal with either again.

Here was my situation - brought my car in for recall work. It came in in mint condition. When I picked it up, there was a huge splotch of red paint on the passenger side door, and my passenger side mirror was broken off. When I brought it to Hyatt's attention, they told me (word for word) - Do you have any dated photographic evidence that you car did not come in in this fashion. No? Then fvck off*.

I called Infiniti Canada asking for help, they told me to fvck off as well.

*My last conversation was with Max - the dealership owner - and he literally told me to fvck off.

w_man
08-22-2007, 02:29 PM
Sorry to hear about your experience. I have displayed a level of patience which is even surprising to myself so far which is why I havent had bluntly telling me to go to hell but soon I'm sure it will get to that.

My main goal is here to share my experience with everyone and anyone i know ... people can take what they want from it.

If nothing else, i will get rid of this car as soon as its done ... I refuse to own a car which has poor management supporting it.

SilverRex
08-22-2007, 02:57 PM
hmm its making me think twice about a G35 sedan here. stupid calgary is big enough come on where is the 2nd infiniti dealership here, some competitiveness will definiately help the cause

w_man
08-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Yea having another dealership could make a difference ... i hope anyways.

But see I went to the Canada level and there are still issues ... its like Infiniti Canada doesnt seem to care how they present themselves.

I'm staying away from an Infiniti all together after this one is dealt with.

rc2002
08-22-2007, 03:39 PM
I think this is pretty much the case with any dealership in Calgary right now. They have more business than they can sustain. They won't care if they lose a customer or two because there's a huge lineup of people behind them waiting with big wads of cash.

w_man
08-22-2007, 03:47 PM
I agree ... but a poor business practice ... when things stablize, I wont forget how Infiniti handled the situation ...

Nissan went down before ... it could easily go down again.

Hakkola
08-22-2007, 05:44 PM
Have you looked into Canadian lemon laws? I don't remember specifics of American laws but I believe there is a catagory for unreasonably lengthy repair times, I think it was either 30 or 90 days, though I'm not too sure.

It sucks that you're making lease payments on a car that you can't drive. :thumbsdow

Edit - appearantly there are no lemon laws for Alberta.

w_man
08-23-2007, 10:31 PM
Just an update I got today ...

The ESTIMATED time of arrival for the parts ... OCTOBER .. so from the time of loss to the time I get my car back ... we are talking roughly 6 months guys .... HALF A YEAR!!!

Has anyone ever heard of this? or experienced it? I'd like to see how many ppl on Beyond have had this done by an automaker .. Infiniti still claims this is 'common' for a new car model such as this ... reasonable?

BrknFngrs
08-23-2007, 10:50 PM
what about sourcing and getting the parts shipped here yourself? Maybe contact some of the people on the boards here with contacts in japan and see if you can work out something through them? I know you shouldn't have to do this but if it gets your car back sooner...

w_man
08-24-2007, 07:24 AM
Hmm ... Something I will look into ... Thanks!!

At the moment, I'm in discussion with Infiniti but mostly BMW to see if we can work something out to get out of this car and pref. get into a BMW sooner.

I will try to see if I can get the parts myself though ... It'll be impossible to see what Infiniti has to say about that since the service manager refuses to call me back for any updates or discuss any issues. I wonder if Infiniti doesnt accept this method of me getting my own parts ... insurance might not support the idea either.

Any thoughts ...?

HRD2PLZ
08-24-2007, 10:50 AM
My neighbor was rear ended in his 330xi 2 years ago. His car was in the shop for 6 months waiting for parts from Germany. He went after the insurance company of the person that had run into him. I do think it would be an insurance issue but can appreciate your frustration with CCW and Hyatt for not doing anything to help you out.

I have had my '07 G35x for 3 months now and to be honest, my salesman talked Infiniti and Hyatt up so much that I was fairly impressed. I haven't been close to impressed since just before taking delivery of the vehicle.

I too, have been in discussions with another automaker about getting out of my G and into something different.

Good luck, I hope everything works out for you :thumbsup:

Edit: I did have amazing service at another Infiniti dealer though. For my first service, I was in Scottsdale, Arizona. On short notice, I took my car into Pinnacle Infiniti for its service. Within an hour, my car was serviced and was cleaned (washed and dried with tire dressing). And, to top it off, the service was complimentary. I was impressed, especially because I didn't even get my car there!

Lex350
08-24-2007, 11:08 AM
^ I think you nailed in on the head. Its not just the Infiniti dealer in Calgary that sucks.....most dealers in Calgary suck. That's what happens when you have a raging economy. Emphassis on customer service goes right out the window. The Mazda dealers here are brutal too with the exception of North Hill.

Customer service in Calgary in general is brutal these days. You really notice it when you travelout of the province or country.

MerfBall
08-24-2007, 11:25 AM
No this isn't just from the boom. And its not Infiniti service that sucks. It's Hyatt Infiniti service that sucks. I bought my car in 2003 and have had nothing but problems with their service dept.

So much so that I won't buy another infiniti unless they open up a dealership that is not owned by Hyatt and I don't bring my car into service there either. I take it to Brasso. The only thing Brasso can't do is warranty service and I cringe every time I have had to bring it in to Hyatt for warranty.

As for the loaner it is the insurance companies responsibility to help you out, I'd give them a call and explain your situation and see what they can do. And in this situation I would actually pick up the phone and call Infiniti Canada and go up the chain until you can find someone who can help you.

good luck!

5hift
08-24-2007, 11:33 AM
So let me see if I got this ....

You crashed your brand new leased car and fucked it up

Infinity doesnt have the parts needed on hand, because 07's needing serious repairs probably are not too common

Insurance wont give you a loaner.

And this is all Hyatt's fault.

:rolleyes:

403Gemini
08-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by 5hift

Infinity doesnt have the parts needed on hand, because 07's needing serious repairs probably are not too common

Insurance did give him a loaner, he used all of his loss of use coverage up it sounds like

w_man
08-24-2007, 01:46 PM

Sounds like you or no one you know has ever been involved in an accident before. Well you are obviously part of the minority group in the world.

Anyways, if you read the whole story ... I did get a car ... maybe you can point out an insurance company that will support you for 6 months to get your car fixed?

I have mentioned over and over again ... Infiniti doesnt have to do anything, no dealership has to do anything. They give out loaners which are called courtesy cars ... its all about being courtious to your clients.

It would take Infiniti what? a thousand bucks to rent me a car? I'd be happy and more than likely come back in 4 years and they make 10 grand from me .... its a business decision for them to worry more about their thousands bucks now and not consider the 10 later ... once again, dont QUOTE me ... this is just an example!!

I'll repeat ... Infiniti is NOT prepared to support their product .. atleast not the new product line .. thats a fact!! wether they help their clients out or not is up to them ... in my case they decided NOT to.

5hift
08-24-2007, 04:16 PM
^

I could understand the arguement if the car was a lemon, or broke down to faults not of your own, but this isnt the case. The car is needing repairs because of your fault, not Hyatt nor Infiniti's. I see why insurance wants nothing to do with this, but I think they are more responsible than Hyatt for providing a loaner car, for the entire duration of your car's repair (if you were paying for some kind of protection like this). There are many service shops nowadays that do not give out loaner cars at all, or if they do, you have to pay extra for them.

I have been in your situation as well. I got my Prelude from Honda West, and when I needed warrentee work, they tried to fuck me over on the loaner as well, despite my warentee including loaner cars. They were waiting on a part and it was supposed to be a while and I guess they didnt want to give me a loaner car for that long. I just went over their head, and called Honda Canada. I pretty much gave it to them, told them how bad of an experience I've had with Honda West since my purchase, etc, and they took down all my info. I got a call Enterprise confirming my rental paid for by Honda West a few days later (although all they would spring for was a cobalt).

403Gemini
08-24-2007, 04:42 PM
^

I could understand the arguement if the car was a lemon, or broke down to faults not of your own, but this isnt the case. The car is needing repairs because of your fault, not Hyatt nor Infiniti's. I see why insurance wants nothing to do with this, but I think they are more responsible than Hyatt for providing a loaner car, for the entire duration of your car's repair (if you were paying for some kind of protection like this). There are many service shops nowadays that do not give out loaner cars at all, or if they do, you have to pay extra for them.

I have been in your situation as well. I got my Prelude from Honda West, and when I needed warrentee work, they tried to fuck me over on the loaner as well, despite my warentee including loaner cars. They were waiting on a part and it was supposed to be a while and I guess they didnt want to give me a loaner car for that long. I just went over their head, and called Honda Canada. I pretty much gave it to them, told them how bad of an experience I've had with Honda West since my purchase, etc, and they took down all my info. I got a call Enterprise confirming my rental paid for by Honda West a few days later (although all they would spring for was a cobalt).

No insurance companies offer unlimited rental in a situation like this you retard.

5hift
08-24-2007, 04:54 PM
please tell me where I said the insurance company should provide an unlimited rental you fucking goof, I said they should be more responsible than Hyatt.

403Gemini
08-24-2007, 05:02 PM
please tell me where I said the insurance company should provide an unlimited rental you fucking goof, I said they should be more responsible than Hyatt.

rental coverage on policies have maxes, the OP said he already reached his max

CivicTunr
08-24-2007, 06:18 PM
i think one of the points he is trying to get across about infiniti. is they call themselves a "luxury" car company. and you pay a little more to have some luxuries that basic car companies wouldnt have, like going above and beyond, like the story about the AC. or taking car parts off a car on the lot.

its sort of like going out for dinner. Going to a expensive luxury resturant, you expect to have good food, and good service(most places) but you pay a higher bill. If something isnt to your liking, they will try to make sure the problem is fixed.

Heck i saw a statistic, that said 80% of people if they have good service will come back again, but if they have a problem and it is fixed to there liking, 87% would come back.

HuMz
08-24-2007, 06:32 PM
My dad just got back his 06 G35 from Hyatt last night for his routine oil change (covered by warrenty of course) only they decided he needed a fuel injection service after 10K and charged him $110.

It obviously wasn't the money but the fact that it was not needed esspecially with such a new car and they didn't tell him before hand.

And after a couple emails, and the salesman trying to tell my dad that it acutally only costed him $13 extra my hes stopped replying and thats the end of it. Big thumbs down for Hyatt,..:thumbsdow

w_man
08-27-2007, 07:18 AM
5hift ... CivicTunr nailed it. I could go after my insurance company and force them into getting me a loaner perhaps but I personally think the best service i have gotten from anyone out of this whole situation .. has been my insurance company.

Once again, if Infiniti simply treated me with respect .... like call me back when i leave them a message ... or even suggest that they are looking at a few creative options to solve the situation instead of simply telling me ... 'parts are not here (its not our fault), we dont know when they will get here and no we can not provide a loaner .. you should talk to the body shop for it. If they simply gave me some respect ... I wouldnt be here right now.

First, its YOUR recomended bodyshop ... second, I didnt bring an Acura to you so you can tell me we are not responsible since parts are not available ... at least admit the fact that its an Infiniti, they are Infiniti parts and its too bad that Infiniti doesnt have it figured out with their parts manufacturer.

I just hope they stop telling me its COMMON to have your car in the shop for 6 months.

Anyways, I'm going over to BMW after work ... they are thinking about buying my car out without even seeing it ... I told them my story and after a few sessions with the manager, they might help me out ... i just have to work out the numbers. I called my sales guy (Mazen) at Infiniti to see if he could atleast give me a few options to get out of this lease ... I explained to him the urgency in the matter as i have been bumming rides from people for too long. He hasnt even returned my call yet.

Anyone has any suggestions about having BMW buy out my car? i know I'll lose some money ofcourse in the transaction but at this point, i simply cant wait 2/3 more months for repairs and in all honesty .. dont want anything to do with Infiniti .. EVER.

Aleks
08-27-2007, 07:59 AM
^
BMW will probably give you the black book value for your car. You can go online and search Canadian Black book and find out what that amount is. They might go a little higher but not much. I am assuming whatever the difference between that and your payout is, could be added to your new purchase/lease amount.

spyce
08-27-2007, 08:07 AM
5hift ... CivicTunr nailed it. I could go after my insurance company and force them into getting me a loaner perhaps but I personally think the best service i have gotten from anyone out of this whole situation .. has been my insurance company.

Once again, if Infiniti simply treated me with respect .... like call me back when i leave them a message ... or even suggest that they are looking at a few creative options to solve the situation instead of simply telling me ... 'parts are not here (its not our fault), we dont know when they will get here and no we can not provide a loaner .. you should talk to the body shop for it. If they simply gave me some respect ... I wouldnt be here right now.

First, its YOUR recomended bodyshop ... second, I didnt bring an Acura to you so you can tell me we are not responsible since parts are not available ... at least admit the fact that its an Infiniti, they are Infiniti parts and its too bad that Infiniti doesnt have it figured out with their parts manufacturer.

I just hope they stop telling me its COMMON to have your car in the shop for 6 months.

Anyways, I'm going over to BMW after work ... they are thinking about buying my car out without even seeing it ... I told them my story and after a few sessions with the manager, they might help me out ... i just have to work out the numbers. I called my sales guy (Mazen) at Infiniti to see if he could atleast give me a few options to get out of this lease ... I explained to him the urgency in the matter as i have been bumming rides from people for too long. He hasnt even returned my call yet.

Anyone has any suggestions about having BMW buy out my car? i know I'll lose some money ofcourse in the transaction but at this point, i simply cant wait 2/3 more months for repairs and in all honesty .. dont want anything to do with Infiniti .. EVER.

sorry man but once again im going to say...it doesnt make any sense for the body shop to give you a car. its like because you have a problem with infiniti that you expect anything or anyone who has a slight relationship with hyatt infiniti to accomodate the problems you are having with INFINITI when its infiniti that should be fixing the problem.

yea okay its a recommended body shop. but thats all it is. a body shop to fix the cosmetic damage to your car. and unless you have some problem with the repair they have done to your car i dont see why they should give you a loaner.

i have a friend bob that owes me money. but i know he's mentioned before that he's had a lot of good help before from his friends tony and jim. should i go to tony and jim and expect them to cover bob's ass for the money he owes me? :rolleyes:

w_man
08-27-2007, 08:53 AM
I do agree with you spyce ... now here is what i understand .. or what i have been told by Infiniti how their little web works in this scenario.

I am involved in an accident, i call infiniti, they tell me to take my car to Calgary Coach Works ... now CCW is the key contact for me and my insurance company. Technically we have nothing to do with Infiniti at this point. All questions and issues should be dealt with CCW. CCW will do the body work or any other work they are licensed to do and then they will CONTRACT out the work they CANT do such as airbags and suspension. In this case, they decided to give the work to Infiniti. My insurance company onlys pays to CCW, they in return pay Infiniti for their work (I am assuming there's some 'handling' fees they charge for being the middle man in this whole situation).

In this regard, I feel there is a slight responsibility on the body shop. If everything had gone according to plan, CCW would make money for their work (which is fine) and they would make money on Infiniti's work too as they are the primary owner/manager of this project ... if things go right, u make money and everyone's happy .. when things go wrong the manager gets his ass chewed first!! no?

redline
08-27-2007, 11:32 AM
I find it a little funny how it is younger people that have problems with Hyatt. Cause my experince there has been very postive. And so have been all the older people i know that have went there.

Last friday i was suppose to take my car in for its first service and i got tied up in the US on business. went to the dealership on saturday to see what they could do and they got me in on Monday with no issue.

Proyecto2000
08-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by redline
I find it a little funny how it is younger people that have problems with Hyatt. Cause my experince there has been very postive. And so have been all the older people i know that have went there.

the 3 times that I have been up at Hyatt, I have always had good service but then again I also have some one trying to talk me into selling my G20 for a G35 Coupe :poosie:

w_man
08-27-2007, 04:50 PM
Well it seems like they are ok when it comes to scheduled stuff which doesnt require much from their end ...

but as soon as things get complicated where they have to maybe even spend some money to maintain their 'luxury' dealership aptitude .. they turn around and hide.

Every business knows ... sometimes you have to spend money to make money ... lots of dealerships out there know this and thats why they succeed ... Infiniti doesnt seem to care much about this theory.

Anyways .. I'm sure EVERY customer isnt treated in an unprofessional manner .. or they wouldnt be in business. It just scares me how they abandon you when you need them the most. A delayed oil change appointment can be frustrating but a temporary thing .... not having your car for 6 months is a whole new issue.

Jay911
08-27-2007, 06:54 PM
Did Contemporary Coachworks rename themselves, or is there really a company with that similar of a name in Calgary? My experiences with Contemporary have been good, albeit limited - they basically began stripping my car to prepare it for repair and had to stop when they found a cracked block that totaled the vehicle.

For what it's worth, you are getting the "luxury" you paid for: the luxury of having parts so extravagant that they have to be special-made instead of pulled off the shelf at the dealership. I have two ideas for the reason there is such a time delay. One, it may be that all the parts that are in the system now are 'called for', for existing (or soon to be existing) autos. Two, very little is shipped by air, and unfortunately, one customer in western Canada doesn't mean squat in GNX HQ in Tokyo, so your parts are in a seacan on a boat somewhere. Maybe. If you're lucky.

vietdood
08-27-2007, 07:16 PM

you're expecting way too much. you were at fault in the accident and your policy covers only X amount for a car rental. you're not getting anymore then that especially when you don't use your insurers recommended body shop. nothing here is infinity's fault. parts take time to get here and for a part to arrive from overseas that takes 8 weeks is normal. that includes BMW too. if you're expecting fast parts then buy a domestic.

redline
08-28-2007, 07:42 AM
However you move to BMW might not be much better... My friend got his 335i the other week and one fender was damaged in shipping and Calgary BMW told him it would take 3 months to get a new one shipped from Germany.

w_man
08-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by vietdood

you're expecting way too much. you were at fault in the accident and your policy covers only X amount for a car rental. you're not getting anymore then that especially when you don't use your insurers recommended body shop. nothing here is infinity's fault. parts take time to get here and for a part to arrive from overseas that takes 8 weeks is normal. that includes BMW too. if you're expecting fast parts then buy a domestic.

Vietdood ... I can understand all that. As I have mentioned before ... each dealership or automaker as a whole makes business decisions to setup their parts manufacturers, the information system as well as the fact that they can NOT have every single part built and ready for shipment. Its a business decision and with any other business decision ... you have to assign funds to handle any problems this decision would encounter.

I gave an example of Honda going out of their way to provide exceptional support which they did NOT have to do. They did and I consider that to be an amazing level of customer satisfaction, I went there again and gave them more business.

I say it again, Infiniti doesnt have to do anything here ... they are doing everythings they are legally bound to do ... but being a luxury dealership, I would hope that if a situation arises which is an extra ordinary situation .. they dont see it every day ... heck this dealership hasnt really ran into this issue (this severe) at all from my understanding. Why not go above and beyond? My expectations maybe invalid but I have owned cars for many years and know people who have owned cars for even longer .... some expectations are built with experience.

Just because they say it takes 2/3 months to get a part here doesnt make it OK ... You can get a car shipped from Japan these days in a week. Simply accepting what Infiniti tells me is not my nature unfortunately. If we were still in the age of riding horses, I would stay silent but we are not.

w_man
08-29-2007, 09:42 AM
Here's another update .. maybe someone can help me understand.

So i am in talks with BMW and they are willing to purchase my car and get me into another one. Yes i will lose money but at this time I need a car!!

Anyways, BMW is giving me the standard black book value so I thought to contact Infiniti to see what they would offer me and it would be simpler for them to just keep the car once its done since its at the dealership right now.

I contact Mazen (sales guy) last thursday and explain to him that I need to check all my options, i tell him about BMW and that it's critical that I find out what Infiniti's willing to offer me for this so i can make a decision as soon as possible. Its wednesday today and no phone call. BMW is suppose to get back to me today to confirm a few things so I call Infiniti again and talk to another salesman this time since Mazen isnt in. Ofcourse I am a little frustrated but I keep my cool and explain to him that I have been waiting for a call from Mazen and I really NEED this information now to make a decision. I guess my tone had high level of frustration because this sales guy chews me out because 'Im dumping it on him' and that 'hes not mazen'. I appologize to him if I was rude in any sense. Anyways, he later got the used car manager, Mo. Mo tells me he is not interested in purchasing my car since the damages were over $1000 dollars. To a certain extent .. i understand :confused: but on the other note I asked wether it was because he didnt have any faith in Infiniti technicians to do a good job. This ofcourse wasnt taken very well ... so I decided to change my tone and simply ask what would happen after the lease is over. I mean its a leased car, after 4 years, i return the car, will Hyatt Infiniti not sell it? simply because apparently the dealership is 'so good here' that they dont touch cars with damages over $1000. Maybe they will donate the car to the kidney foundation since they only sell superior vehicles?

There was no talking to this gentleman so i thought i'd hang up and ask my fellow beyonders.

G
08-29-2007, 09:59 AM
You will lose big time money trying to get out of a lease less than half way into the contract. Your best option is to try to get out by using places like http://www.leasex.com/ or http://www.leasebusters.com/

Hyatt does not own your car when you lease it. It is technically owned by Infiniti Canada. So when your lease is due you get the first dibs to buy it out. If you don't buy it out Hyatt get a chance to buy it. If Hyatt doesn't buy it, it then goes to auction where other Infiniti dealers bid on it.

Hyatt has no reason to buy your lease out right now it will not be a smart business move.

Here's another update .. maybe someone can help me understand.

So i am in talks with BMW and they are willing to purchase my car and get me into another one. Yes i will lose money but at this time I need a car!!

Anyways, BMW is giving me the standard black book value so I thought to contact Infiniti to see what they would offer me and it would be simpler for them to just keep the car once its done since its at the dealership right now.

I contact Mazen (sales guy) last thursday and explain to him that I need to check all my options, i tell him about BMW and that it's critical that I find out what Infiniti's willing to offer me for this so i can make a decision as soon as possible. Its wednesday today and no phone call. BMW is suppose to get back to me today to confirm a few things so I call Infiniti again and talk to another salesman this time since Mazen isnt in. Ofcourse I am a little frustrated but I keep my cool and explain to him that I have been waiting for a call from Mazen and I really NEED this information now to make a decision. I guess my tone had high level of frustration because this sales guy chews me out because 'Im dumping it on him' and that 'hes not mazen'. I appologize to him if I was rude in any sense. Anyways, he later got the used car manager, Mo. Mo tells me he is not interested in purchasing my car since the damages were over $1000 dollars. To a certain extent .. i understand :confused: but on the other note I asked wether it was because he didnt have any faith in Infiniti technicians to do a good job. This ofcourse wasnt taken very well ... so I decided to change my tone and simply ask what would happen after the lease is over. I mean its a leased car, after 4 years, i return the car, will Hyatt Infiniti not sell it? simply because apparently the dealership is 'so good here' that they dont touch cars with damages over $1000. Maybe they will donate the car to the kidney foundation since they only sell superior vehicles?

There was no talking to this gentleman so i thought i'd hang up and ask my fellow beyonders.

SilverRex
08-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by G
You will lose big time money trying to get out of a lease less than half way into the contract. Your best option is to try to get out by using places like http://www.leasex.com/ or http://www.leasebusters.com/

Hyatt does not own your car when you lease it. It is technically owned by Infiniti Canada. So when your lease is due you get the first dibs to buy it out. If you don't buy it out Hyatt get a chance to buy it. If Hyatt doesn't buy it, it then goes to auction where other Infiniti dealers bid on it.

Hyatt has no reason to buy your lease out right now it will not be a smart business move.

I had a quick converstion with a salesmen with infiniti and they told me you will have a 500 dollar surcharge penelty when getting out of a lease plus if you are in negative equity, you will probablly be ding with the difference. And if your getting black book value, that is quite a hefty different to pay especially I bet your car is so spanking new. ouch!

I guess from the lease vs finance debate, this is a big down point for leasing.

May I ask what BMW car will you be thinking of getting into assuming your willing to take a hit on the G?

w_man
08-29-2007, 11:24 AM
Yea I have to consider all these points. I mean ofcourse the best option (financially) is to wait 2 months some how without a car and just stick with the G until lease is up and they can have this damn thing back ... or ofcourse use LeaseBusters perhaps.

If i do go towards BMW ... the amount of money i'm losing on this car within the last 6 months ... i can only afford an '06 325 ... I test drove it and its very simliar to my '01 330Ci i had earlier ... ofcourse a step down from the G if you are considering all the options the G comes with ...

I have two issues ... 1. I dont want to deal with Infiniti anymore but dont really wanna lose TOO much cash either. 2. I need a car!! I live up in airdrie, I cant really even depend on public transportation to get to work for 2 months (considering Infiniti will only take 2 months).

What would you do?

G
08-29-2007, 11:31 AM
If I was to lose so much I would just swallow my pride and ride it out to the half way point of the lease. Think the thousands you will lose, it is cheaper for you to pay for a rental for 2 months.

Yea I have to consider all these points. I mean ofcourse the best option (financially) is to wait 2 months some how without a car and just stick with the G until lease is up and they can have this damn thing back ... or ofcourse use LeaseBusters perhaps.

If i do go towards BMW ... the amount of money i'm losing on this car within the last 6 months ... i can only afford an '06 325 ... I test drove it and its very simliar to my '01 330Ci i had earlier ... ofcourse a step down from the G if you are considering all the options the G comes with ...

I have two issues ... 1. I dont want to deal with Infiniti anymore but dont really wanna lose TOO much cash either. 2. I need a car!! I live up in airdrie, I cant really even depend on public transportation to get to work for 2 months (considering Infiniti will only take 2 months).

What would you do?

BrknFngrs
08-29-2007, 11:36 AM
^^ He is probably right, but what about hiring some "professional protesters" to harass people that are going into the infinity dealership for a while, have them point out their poor service? If nothing else, it will be entertaining

w_man
08-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs
^^ He is probably right, but what about hiring some "professional protesters" to harass people that are going into the infinity dealership for a while, have them point out their poor service? If nothing else, it will be entertaining

Thats a great idea ... maybe it will get on the news. I just want to have people hear the story .. I cant explain in words how different the tone of this dealership is from before I signed on the dotted line.

Mazen even drove the car (for test drive) to my office in downtown so he could get me to sign and take the deposite. The deal was made within days and emails were answered within hours if not minutes. Now ... no one calls back and they talk to me like I'm some homeless dude begging them for money.

The only reason I am even considering a BMW right now is that I have been talking to them for maybe 3/4 days now and they have come up with any or EVERY creative way of working out a deal. What I'm suggesting isnt easy (taking a car for trade in which is in the shop and they wont see it for 2 more months). I wont blame them for trying to make money out of the deal because I see them actually putting an effort in solving a problem .... thats ALL i was truly expecting from Infiniti ... If they had simply treated me with respect ... I would have just sat around, waited for the parts and maybe rented a car for the time i couldnt borrow someones.

ZyaL8R
08-29-2007, 03:24 PM
To be fair though... isnt bmw doing the same thing infiniti was? (Being all accomodating until they have your $$ and then fucking off)

w_man
08-29-2007, 04:06 PM
you are right ... The only difference is that at this point BMW is making money off of me from both ends .. they will have my car to sell and selling me another one ..... Infiniti refuses to buy my car and make money off of it as it is ... their 1000 dollar accident policy? :dunno:

Also the fact that I have dealt with BMW before and they really dont have to come up with creative ways to make this work ... once again .. no one does ... they are taking on a risk with accepting a car for trade in they havent even seen!! yet they are working on making this work which will yield them more money down the road.

Infiniti can make money off my G just like BMW will. They wont do it. They wont call me back to tell me they wont do it. They are not interested in having me back at all ... I really dont know what i have done to them. I havent threatened them, i havent lost my temper, or called them names. I probably talked to them in total of 4 times as I normally call the CCW guys for updates.

2000Accord
08-29-2007, 06:21 PM
I am inclined to contact Mazen and have him pick up downtown for a test and after a few days of negotiation, just as he thinks he is close to a sale, tell him I was just talking to a friend of mine who was getting screwed over by them and have consequently changed my mind.

canuckcarguy
08-29-2007, 11:10 PM
Hey. It's nuts to lose a bunch of money because you need a car for two months. If BMW is paying you black book, it's because they're grossing you on the new car - let's say to the tune of $5K. Plus you lose all the money you put into the Infiniti - say, at least another $5K, probably more.

$10K or more just to get transportation for a couple of months? You could take a cab every day and not spend this much!

Why not buy a beater for a couple grand, drive it until the Infiniti is done, and then sell it? You won't lose much, if anything.

In the meantime, call the Better Business Bureau and everybody else you can think of and harass the dealership.

If you don't get any satisfaction, then wait until the car's ready, decal up your new beater with "Hyatt sucks, etc" signs and park it outside their store. Can't hurt.

I'd be pissed too, but I wouldn't bite off my nose for $10K just to make myself feel better.

w_man
08-30-2007, 07:33 AM
^^ Agreed ...

I specially like the idea of having 'Hyatt sucks' on the beater ...

I am already in talks with ConsumerReports ... Consumer Watch ... AMVIC ... Looking for ppl from Herald and Sun

mystice46
09-05-2007, 09:55 PM
There's plenty room in our BMW family if you wanna come back :D

w_man
09-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Its done!! I got me a 2006 BMW 325i.

BMW made it work for me but above all ... I dont like to get yelled at by Infiniti salesmen. I dont want to associate with an automaker I cant trust.

I was expecting more from Hyatt .. if they couldnt fix my car earlier, couldnt provide me with a loaner/rental .. atleast treat me with respect .. take the 2 minutes it takes to return my call and update me on the status. Infiniti Canada could have simply sent an email back to let me know that they understand my concerns but at this point cant do anything about it. Instead I got NO reply leaving me with the impression that they simply dont give a $hit.

Anyways ... I truly appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions here. I know I can always depend on my fellow beyonders for good advice. I am still not done with this ... I am still going to tell my story to everyone and anyone just so consumers know what they are getting themselves into with the Infiniti brand. I just hope in the future ... Infiniti (and Hyatt) governs themselves accordingly.

Thanks again.

G
09-06-2007, 09:28 AM
How much did they pay for your G?

After every thing how much have you spent in total?

Its done!! I got me a 2006 BMW 325i.

BMW made it work for me but above all ... I dont like to get yelled at by Infiniti salesmen. I dont want to associate with an automaker I cant trust.

I was expecting more from Hyatt .. if they couldnt fix my car earlier, couldnt provide me with a loaner/rental .. atleast treat me with respect .. take the 2 minutes it takes to return my call and update me on the status. Infiniti Canada could have simply sent an email back to let me know that they understand my concerns but at this point cant do anything about it. Instead I got NO reply leaving me with the impression that they simply dont give a $hit.

Anyways ... I truly appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions here. I know I can always depend on my fellow beyonders for good advice. I am still not done with this ... I am still going to tell my story to everyone and anyone just so consumers know what they are getting themselves into with the Infiniti brand. I just hope in the future ... Infiniti (and Hyatt) governs themselves accordingly.

Thanks again.

w_man
09-06-2007, 09:46 AM
Well I havent officially sold it to BMW yet. They offered me about 6K less than what i got it for and they put it in writing that they will buy my car from me once its repaired (we dont officially know when that be). I might try to sell it on my own first .. either auction or leasebusters but atleast I have a backup.

A loss is a loss .. The car's been through an accident but as I said .. I was willing to pay to cut my affiliation with Infiniti ... lesson learned.

4doorj
09-06-2007, 10:13 AM
yeah i find the service at infiniti to be crappy!
my friend has had nothing but headaches from them...
they just dont want to help!
they try and get around warranty and make u pay for it instead...
:thumbsdow

HRD2PLZ
09-06-2007, 10:16 AM
You only lost $6,000? That's not SO bad. If I was to buy out the lease on my G and trade it in, I would lose about $15,000 because the car is only 3 months old. If I was to sell it privately I might lose $8,000 or $9,000. I guess the its worth it to wait a little while until the depreciation levels out a little more :dunno:

brandon
09-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by 4doorj
yeah i find the service at infiniti to be crappy!
my friend has had nothing but headaches from them...
they just dont want to help!
they try and get around warranty and make u pay for it instead...
:thumbsdow

*cough* like blaming a cai for a hole the size of a head in my lower block?
denying me warranty and wanting $15,000 for a new engine?

nah they are just swell to deal with ;)
:guns: :guns:

4doorj
09-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by brandon

not to mention tranny problems and making u pay for a new clutch or no fix for tranny is gay too :thumbsdow

brandon
09-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by 4doorj

not to mention tranny problems and making u pay for a new clutch or no fix for tranny is gay too :thumbsdow

how could I forget! 3rd gear synchros went... so infinti was replacing the transmission.. but they wouldn't install my old clutch/flywheel back in there and would only allow a brand new oem clutch/flywheel from them to be installed.. Which I had to pay for..

No labour cost and still came to $1800

4doorj
09-06-2007, 10:56 AM
their service is whack! im mad just remembering this stuff :thumbsdow

SinisterProbeGt
09-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by brandon

They also denied my calim and sent me on the 15,000 build somewhere else.
I think they also switched out my ECU for another car and gave me a bunk one. No worries tho its only $1,099.95 for a new one.

Brandon You blew you motor?

brandon
09-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt

They also denied my calim and sent me on the 15,000 build somewhere else.
I think they also switched out my ECU for another car and gave me a bunk one. No worries tho its only $1,099.95 for a new one.

Brandon You blew you motor?

Yup, about two weeks ago.. pieces all over deerfoot!!

GOnSHO
09-06-2007, 12:59 PM
for teh guy at the beginning of the thread who said employees didnt take the cars home....

i was driving down mcknight, and was behind a g35 coupe, with dealership plate, i followed him, cuz i saw this thread and he went to a house, parked, locked the car, and went into the house...

explaination?

SilverRex
09-06-2007, 01:04 PM
man if infiniti service is such an issue, why do I still see so many infiniti sedans and coupes on the road?

is this more of a new vehicle issue or more until something breaks issue.

:cry: say byebye to a potential G37

4doorj
09-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by SilverRex
man if infiniti service is such an issue, why do I still see so many infiniti sedans and coupes on the road?

is this more of a new vehicle issue or more until something breaks issue.

:cry: say byebye to a potential G37
personally i wasnt happy when me and my bro were shopping for his g35 brand new... sales people were rude... but then we talked to one lady, lee i beleive her name was... she was really really nice, so we bought the car from her... but the guy u see after for financing... he totally seemed like a prick in my opinion

me and my bro test drove a g37!
that car is awsome!!!!!!!!!
such a huge upgrade from the 07's
go test drive one...

w_man
09-06-2007, 07:56 PM
HAHA yea .. i know that guy from financing .. he is a prick ... I realized half way through the meeting that you have to be a prick back for him to relax a little and not treat you like you are there to beg for money.

In all honesty ... I would stay away from their new models .. anything > than '06 is something they are not prepared to support at this point.

The fact that they have poor service ... you can see that from all the experiences. They are a low budget automaker / dealership .. if they can save a dollar by not offering you something ... they would do it.

I say purchase an infiniti at your own risk!!

:thumbsup: to the guy who followed the Infiniti with the dealer plate .... I'd like to hear an explaination too.

Steeztastic5000
09-08-2007, 12:13 AM
2 interesting experinces with Infiniti Calgary:

1. My freind took his '05 G35 there for some exhaust work (non-warranty), when he got the car back it looked like someone smeared a peice of shit on his passenger side floor mat. His car was heavily modified and he thinks that they took it out for a joyride cause all his settings (seat/mirror etc) were out too. He took it back and bitched and they cleaned his floor mat.

2. I was selling my G35 that I bought from the US and the buyer requested that Infiniti Calgary look at it. There was a little bit of what looked like white marker on the back of the plastic in the front grill and immidiatly they told him the car had most certainly been in an accident and then proceeded to try and sell him a G37. When I got there the guy he had made the appointment with had vapourized and they werent able to inspect the car for him effectivly botching the sale.

Funny thing was the sales manager and a sales associate came out while the buyer was going over the car and asked what we were doing and when they found out I was selling it to him for $42K I swear I heard the guy mutter "Jesus Christ Monkey Balls" under his breath.

w_man
09-10-2007, 12:49 PM
WOW!!!

Actually thats interesting ... My friend checked out a pre-owned G35 and I went with him to test drive it through some private sale. He even dropped a thousand dollar deposit on it. Then decided to go visit Hyatt Infiniti to find out more about Infinitis and end up walking away with a signed deal for a new G.

I gotta give it to their sales guys though ... They can sell ice to an eskimo .. no matter what they have to do or say to sell it.

anothers10
09-11-2007, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by GOnSHO
for teh guy at the beginning of the thread who said employees didnt take the cars home....

i was driving down mcknight, and was behind a g35 coupe, with dealership plate, i followed him, cuz i saw this thread and he went to a house, parked, locked the car, and went into the house...

explaination?

i work at infiniti and cannot comment on any other issues but i can on this one. all loaner cars have regular plates, not dealer plates and we have never had a coupe as a loaner. sales has dealer plates on the demos, for test drives. they do not let any of the techs or sales people drive loaners home ever.

4doorj
09-11-2007, 11:17 AM
HAHA yea .. i know that guy from financing .. he is a prick ... I realized half way through the meeting that you have to be a prick back for him to relax a little and not treat you like you are there to beg for money.

I
haha good to know i wasnt the only one that thought he was a prick...hahahhaah

SinisterProbeGt
09-13-2007, 03:23 PM
Re: Steven Crocker Service Manager Hyatt Inifiniti

Below is an email I just sent to your Service Manager, Mr. Steven Crocker. This is the latest in my ongoing relationship with Hyatt to repair my Infiniti G35 which has been inoperable since March, 2007. I have invested more money in repairs from March until now than the car is worth in addition to making car payments on a car I have been unable to drive. As you can imagine, my satisfaction levels are low and my patience and tolerance is thin at this point.

I had the dealer Install my Timing components torque down my heads and install the motor parts to make it a Long Block Assembly.

After 2 months of re installatation we have hit a dead stop.

My newly refreshed motor has no injector Pulse and No Spark.

At first we thought it had to be a problem with our install since why would the dealer make a mistake? Only after sending my car to Brasso Nissian were they able to confirm the fact that my Timing Assembly must be installed wrong. Because they are recieving all other signals for spark. And if these parts were off during the re install the car will throw no codes and it will not start either.

I ask hyatt to cover the cost of the repair and the $$ I have spent to tell me this is the issue. They are not will ing to cover any cost associated to this matter and only will warranty if there is a problem with the origional install.

This is what hyatt was willing to do.

I called Aug 20th to book an appointment to have them fix said issue.
Was told that they can get me in on the 27th of sept!! over 1 month away.

Next here is a little script of stevens e-mail to me.:

"Our agreement also was that we would have no warranty either offered or implied after the vehicle left our premises, and we not paid to make sure the vehicle would run, have no leaks, or perform in any way. We did not have any opportunity to test any components after the engine has been installed into the vehicle, and you did not pay for any of those services. If after checking over any work that we have done and come up with nothing wrong with any of our workmanship (of which no warranty was offered or implied) there will be charges for any and all time spent on the vehicle."

Do you agree with this above statement?

w_man
09-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Yikes ...

Why am i not surprised?!?!

Sorry to hear about your situation dude but I would be surprised if you get an explaination for it here ... I understand the frustration.

it would be nice if anothers10 helps out.

anothers10
09-13-2007, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt

I called Aug 20th to book an appointment to have them fix said issue.
Was told that they can get me in on the 27th of sept!! over 1 month away.

Next here is a little script of stevens e-mail to me.:

"Our agreement also was that we would have no warranty either offered or implied after the vehicle left our premises, and we not paid to make sure the vehicle would run, have no leaks, or perform in any way. We did not have any opportunity to test any components after the engine has been installed into the vehicle, and you did not pay for any of those services. If after checking over any work that we have done and come up with nothing wrong with any of our workmanship (of which no warranty was offered or implied) there will be charges for any and all time spent on the vehicle."

Do you agree with this above statement? [/B]

i can say a few things. 1 month is not that bad its a busy time of year, on monday bmw was booking the last week of october. i do feel that if the tech working on your car has to take the front half of the engine apart to inspect and there is no fault with his work, someone must pay for his time.

SinisterProbeGt
09-13-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by anothers10

i can say a few things. 1 month is not that bad its a busy time of year, on monday bmw was booking the last week of october. i do feel that if the tech working on your car has to take the front half of the engine apart to inspect and there is no fault with his work, someone must pay for his time.

I have no problem paying for time if no problem is found. However I am afraid that if a problem is found. hyatt will cover it up and tell me it is somthing else. then charge me for the labor some other way.
The service manager has not been very up front with me at all.
Upper mgt has failed to contact me after numerous attempts.
And I feel that they have already breeched my trust once.
what says they wont try and screw me over again.
At every turn steven has blamed it on everything else.

Steeztastic5000
09-14-2007, 12:56 AM
WOW!!!

Actually thats interesting ... My friend checked out a pre-owned G35 and I went with him to test drive it through some private sale. He even dropped a thousand dollar deposit on it. Then decided to go visit Hyatt Infiniti to find out more about Infinitis and end up walking away with a signed deal for a new G.

I gotta give it to their sales guys though ... They can sell ice to an eskimo .. no matter what they have to do or say to sell it.

Bastards! That wasnt me so it sounds like I am not the only private seller Hyatt botched a sale for, damn salespeople. Ah well, ended up sellin to someone else anyways...took the money and bought a 350Z and its twice the car.