PDA

View Full Version : Do NOT eat at the Subway across from the Chapters in the NE

copynpaste
08-22-2007, 12:14 AM
Not only is the staff not very friendly and their vegetables are stale for the most part, but I found a a fingernail in my sub. Freakin disgusting! And I complained to the owner as I was sitting inside eating my sub and he denied it and kept saying it wasnt his fault and that its probably my nail. Ppppfff, do I have nail polish on my nails? gimme a break :thumbsdow. He refused to refund my money but he did offer to make me a new sub (even though he was being a prick about it), but i declined because frankly their toppings were so stale, the sub tasted like absolute sh!t. Probably the worst sub ive ever had in my life. Plus theyre cheap on how much toppings they give you.:rolleyes:

ricefarmer
08-22-2007, 12:24 AM
I hope you made him give you your money back:whipped:

GQBalla
08-22-2007, 12:26 AM
gross.... how did you find the nail btw?

shynepho
08-22-2007, 12:28 AM
[i]I found a a fingernail in my sub. [/B]

Im guessing the person wasnt wearing gloves while making your sub? since the nail fell into the sub and not in the glove

you should of said something right than

tlapec
08-22-2007, 12:30 AM
complain to the health region and u might get them closed down

SteveyBoy
08-22-2007, 12:33 AM
haha i've always needed a better reason than "i'd rather have mcdonalds" to tell my mom why i don't want subway!!!
shitty deal man i hope you don't get sick from the nail polish and have to form some sort of law suit or anything like that *cough cough* *nudge nudge* *wink wink*:dunno:

copynpaste
08-22-2007, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by ricefarmer
I hope you made him give you your money back:whipped: I was arguing with him for 10mins, then I realized I was just wasting my time and he was just pissing me off more and more. It was like talking to a doorknob, he just wouldnt get the point. All he kept saying was "theres nothing we can do about it" So after I decline his offer to make me another sub, I just told him his subs tasted like sh!t and walked out.

Originally posted by GQBalla
gross.... how did you find the nail btw?

I feel gross just thinking about it again, but I took a bite and felt something hard. I figured it might have been the core of the tomato (the green part, and which i hate!). So i keep chewing and i feel the hard part again...so i slowly start spitting out my food onto a napkin and then i see this piece. Didnt know what it was so i pulled it out and it was this huge ass nail urgh! It was the very tip as it had some faint nail polish on it. I have no idea how the heck it got in my sub!

GTS Jeff
08-22-2007, 02:24 AM
In those situations, when all semblance of rationality has left the room, there is only one thing left to do.

Take your sub, throw half of it across the counter and the other half into the manager's face. Hopefully it's something messy like a meatball sub. The beauty of this is that it leaves a huge mess for them to clean up. 20 minutes later, you'll be sitting at home laughing, while they'll still be wiping the floors and swearing about you. You get the last laugh.

I've never gotten to this point before, but wheeen I do, I'll be prepared.

frozenrice
08-22-2007, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by copynpaste
I have no idea how the heck it got in my sub!

I think they use those deli meat cutting machines to cut up their lettuce and stuff. Somebody might have just caught the tip of their fingernail in it. That's gross regardless.

Kona9
08-22-2007, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
In those situations, when all semblance of rationality has left the room, there is only one thing left to do.

Take your sub, throw half of it across the counter and the other half into the manager's face. Hopefully it's something messy like a meatball sub. The beauty of this is that it leaves a huge mess for them to clean up. 20 minutes later, you'll be sitting at home laughing, while they'll still be wiping the floors and swearing about you. You get the last laugh.

Haha I might be reluctant to throw it at his face and chance an assault charge, but in the same manner just look at him and say..."Well this sandwich cost me $_.__. You probably pay your sandwich artist $_.__ an hour." and then relentlessly throw your sandwich all over his store. Windows, ceilling etc. Now he has to spend that amount and more cleaning the place.

KappaSigma
08-22-2007, 07:56 AM
I have never had issues there. Sucks to be you.

D. Dub
08-22-2007, 09:44 AM
call Subway corporate and complain---thats BS

toyboy88
08-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Or if you have a drink, "throw/toss" it by accident. :thumbsup:

lilmira
08-22-2007, 08:07 PM
Should have asked for the fingertip that came with it.

szw
08-22-2007, 09:35 PM

Good advice. I think i'll start carrying at meatball sub everywhere I go.

Pihsiak
08-22-2007, 09:47 PM
Is this the one in the Rona parking lot beside Wendys?

Cuz that place is fucking shit. I think it's worst than the UC subway....

I was getting a turkey sub and I noticed the edges of the veggie bin had like frost on it. Obviously they were not fresh, so I asked for just salt and pepper which seemed like the safest thing.

98type_r
08-22-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice

I think they use those deli meat cutting machines to cut up their lettuce and stuff. Somebody might have just caught the tip of their fingernail in it. That's gross regardless.

i'm pretty sure all subways I've been in have pre-packaged prepared lettuce and meat for that matter too.
I've never seen a meat cutting maching in a Subway.

Fingernails in a sub, maybe that's how Jared lost all that weight?:dunno:

01RedDX
08-22-2007, 10:05 PM

copynpaste
08-22-2007, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Pihsiak
Is this the one in the Rona parking lot beside Wendys?

Cuz that place is fucking shit. I think it's worst than the UC subway....

I was getting a turkey sub and I noticed the edges of the veggie bin had like frost on it. Obviously they were not fresh, so I asked for just salt and pepper which seemed like the safest thing.

Yes right near Rona hardware. Ya toppings were stale as hell, so gross. Ya nothing better than dry tomatoes! :thumbsdow Owner is too cheap, probably buys his veggies from some dead farmers land and replaces them once a month.

TomcoPDR
08-22-2007, 11:32 PM
the lady that used to own it was really good, she sold it like 3-4 years ago I believe. (by the Rona and Costco and across from Speakeasy right?)

frozenrice
08-23-2007, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by 98type_r

i'm pretty sure all subways I've been in have pre-packaged prepared lettuce and meat for that matter too.
I've never seen a meat cutting maching in a Subway.

Fingernails in a sub, maybe that's how Jared lost all that weight?:dunno:

I know it prepackaged. I'm saying that's how they probably cut the stuff wherever they package it.

KappaSigma
08-23-2007, 06:55 AM

I know it prepackaged. I'm saying that's how they probably cut the stuff wherever they package it.

So if it is prepackaged...how is it the locations fault for a fingernail than???

SCHIDER23
08-23-2007, 06:57 AM
:barf: :barf: man I probably vomit if i saw that in my food :barf:

2002civic
08-23-2007, 08:45 AM
yuck:barf:

szw
08-23-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by KappaSigma

So if it is prepackaged...how is it the locations fault for a fingernail than???

You really don't see?

Trini
08-23-2007, 09:44 AM
:barf: :barf: yuck..will make sure to avoid that place

GTS Jeff
08-23-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by KappaSigma

So if it is prepackaged...how is it the locations fault for a fingernail than??? Technically it's not, but in the interest of keeping your customers happy so they'll return (and therefore sustain the business) you accept responsibility anyway and replace the sub.

Word of advice for you, don't go into business. :rofl:

Super_Geo
08-23-2007, 11:36 AM

Going into the bathroom and shitting in the sink > throwing a sub.

You also have the added bonus of being able to calmly walk out and giving them a "Enjoy the rest of your day......... (when you get to the door) cleaning shit out of the sink!"

copynpaste
08-24-2007, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
(by the Rona and Costco and across from Speakeasy right?) [/B]

yes

copynpaste
08-24-2007, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

Going into the bathroom and shitting in the sink > throwing a sub.

You also have the added bonus of being able to calmly walk out and giving them a "Enjoy the rest of your day......... (when you get to the door) cleaning shit out of the sink!"

LOL that would be sooooooooooo classic :thumbsup: THough i would prefer to leave a fat steamy biscuit right by the washroom door so as they step inside they step right into a surprise haha

black13
08-24-2007, 03:22 AM
people still go to subway? Hasn't anybody heard of Quizno's or something?

frozenrice
08-24-2007, 06:59 AM
^^^Quizno's is for ballers........

khtm
08-24-2007, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by copynpaste
Do NOT eat in the NE

Fixed ;)

GTS Jeff
08-24-2007, 11:54 AM
^^^Quizno's is for ballers........ It's priced the same as Shitway.

QuasarCav
08-24-2007, 11:56 AM
It's priced the same as Shitway.

:werd:

It used to be more expensive but since the price drop they are actually a little cheaper. It's also nice not having to ask for more than one olive slice or piece of onion.

shynepho
08-24-2007, 12:15 PM
Anyone been to the Subway at Trans Canada Mall (16th Ave NE & 52nd ST NE)?

I love the way they make the subs, everythings properly put into the sub and nothing falls out while your eating like most other places. The bread, toppings, and cookies are always fresh also. I been going to that one for a couple of years now and never had a bad sub.

:thumbsup: always fresh

khtm
08-24-2007, 12:41 PM
^ Thanks for the update, Jared.

spikerS
08-29-2007, 10:15 AM
I had the same thing happen at mr. sub in crowfoot. (new management and owner now, really nice guy). they refused a refund, had taken 5-6 bites and found the nail. Lady refused to give me a refund and take the sub back. after a couple minuites I was getting no where and she was yelling at me. calmly asked her to wait a moment, pulled out my cell, dialled 4-1-1 and asked for the calgary health region. she changed her tone pretty quickly.

grrrouch
08-29-2007, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by khtm

lol

00CivicSi
08-29-2007, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by khtm
:rofl:

SunniSunShine
08-29-2007, 12:21 PM
thats the problem with franchise food chains, they are owned by the people who work there, so they care if you want extra sauce and extra veggies.

And shit, they dont want to have to pay for an extra sub for you because of a nail that may or may not have been put there by them

Not like im defending them

I hate those fucking bastards, yes i want another pickle bitch, don't look at me with your big doughy immigrant eyes (sorry, i had to)

thats why i like mcdonalds, if i want extra ketchup, they'll give it to me, the 16 year old pimple face making my burger doesnt give a shit

also if you wanna go to harveys you can get as much or as little on your burger as you want, and you watch them make it too.. tastes tassssty!

end regretful rant

rmk
08-29-2007, 12:31 PM
^ True. If only they realized how far those extra toppings, sub, and genuine service with a smile went. There is no way of predicting the damage this thread has done to them....