PDA

View Full Version : Finally, what I've been waiting for....

SilverRex
06-28-2003, 01:50 PM
a Transformer Movie :thumbsup:

szw
06-28-2003, 01:53 PM
shit thats a long wait

boi-alien
06-28-2003, 01:57 PM
dude, there was a transformers movie already! super old school!

SilverRex
06-28-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by boi-alien

ya im talking a live ACTION movie =]

D'z Nutz
06-28-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by boi-alien

Speaking of which...

RAGE!! You done with my DVD yet?!

Redlyne_mr2
06-28-2003, 02:16 PM
The intro to the old school one rocks, that upcoming one pretty rad

Team_Mclaren
06-28-2003, 03:04 PM
SWEET~!!!

Seanith
06-28-2003, 03:24 PM
don't know if i would trust "consumption junction"

Khyron
06-28-2003, 04:00 PM
I've heard rumors of a "live/cgi" looking transformer movie but haven't seen any evidence - nothing on imdb, no script/director comments. Maybe it's all just a joke from Consumption teasing all us transformer nerds. :dunno:

Starscream - played by Antonio Bandaras.

Khyron

Khyron
06-28-2003, 04:03 PM
Hrm, maybe it is legit:

'Transformers' Rolling Out in Live-Action Film
Wed Jun 11, 1:54 AM ET Add Movies - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Chris Gardner

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "The Transformers" -- the ever-morphing Hasbro toy line that spawned comic books, TV series and an animated feature -- are ready to change shape again, this time into live-action stars of the big screen.

Angry Films chief Don Murphy (whose next film is "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen") and writer-producer Tom DeSanto ("X-Men" and "X2: X-Men United") have teamed to produce a feature-length, live-action movie based on the popular brand.

The duo are expected to shop the project to studios shortly, and DeSanto said they have already received interest from a handful of directors.

DeSanto is currently working on a story treatment for the project before he and Murphy hire a screenwriter to adapt it for the big screen.

"Transformers enjoys an amazing fan base worldwide, and we believe that we can create an incredibly fast-paced, exciting movie that will be appealing to anyone who loves action films," Murphy said in a statement.

Added DeSanto: "Transformers is one of the properties I have been infatuated with for a long time. Like 'X-Men,' Transformers offers an amazing mythology with all the elements to create a successful ongoing franchise, iconic characters, global themes and a world that has never been seen before onscreen."

Introduced in the mid-1980s, the Transformers brand centers on a group of robots that are able to change into a variety of objects, such as cars, trucks, planes, ships and other technological creations.

The feature film will tell the story of an intergalactic war between two races of robots: the heroic Autobots and the evil Decepticons. When their fight comes to Earth, the future of humanity inevitably hangs in the balance.

"We loved the creative take that Tom and Don presented to us," said Jane Ritson-Parsons, president of the Hasbro Properties Group. "And for Hasbro, the center of our corporate strategy is extending our core brands in a variety of entertainment forms ... This is a franchise where the next story arc and the next destination is on the big screen."

The Transformers was introduced in the United States by Hasbro in 1984 as a boy-friendly toy line. But even though the brand has been around awhile, it enjoys continued success, with sales up 64% in 2002 over 2001, according to Hasbro.

Currently, they can be seen seven times a week via the series "Transformers Armada" on the Cartoon Network. According to Hasbro, additional television programs and comic books are on the schedule for 2004.

The only time Transformers came to the big screen was in 1986 with the animated feature "The Transformers: The Movie."
--
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Edit: Obviously this means the pic above is just a fan getting ahead of the game, but dammit I'm excited. :clap:

Khyron

Phats
06-28-2003, 05:25 PM
that would be wicked, transformers rule, hence the avatar

l/l/rX
06-28-2003, 05:37 PM
yea man transformers movies rocked!! lol! i have lots of the series taped on tape. cept they're mad old school beta tapes, and our beta machine broke :( ahaha its a shit deal.

/////AMG
06-28-2003, 06:45 PM
sweet! I used to watch Transformers 24/7 when I was a kid. I got some Transformer toys too. Can't wait :thumbsup:

civiclvr
06-28-2003, 08:38 PM
Sweet there's transformers fans here?? thought i was the only one (other than Phats) the movie has been reported in the pre-production phase which means that it might/might not happen. could get scrapped and that would suck! can't wait for it. the photo must be a fan as the 2005 date was when the transformers original movie was to take place! lol and now to go watch the dvd's and get my old omega supreme out!! they don't make toys like they used to!

The EquAzn
06-28-2003, 10:01 PM
That is a freaking long ass wait... I can't wait!! Do you know a website I can go to for more info?

They've probably done it in Japan already, kinda like that Street Fighter movie.

l/l/rX
06-28-2003, 10:56 PM
man when i went and looked at my transformers in my bedroom, i just realized how non-moveable they are lol.

yeo whos got what transformer. i always wanted that grey guy that turns into a gun. (leader of the decepticons)

well heres some of mine:
-starscream
-optimus prime (semi styles)
-decepticons: the guys that are construction vehicles then turn into one big MOFO ahaha

hmmm i got way bunch more, just trying to think of the "popular" ones. well lets see what you guys have :D and maybe post some pics of your "collections" i know silverrex has some, post PICS!! ahaha

That.Guy.S30
06-28-2003, 11:02 PM
man i cant wait to see starscream and grimlock.. haha i even named my car after grimlock.. hes the shit

Khyron
06-28-2003, 11:52 PM
I got a box full of about 40. Megatron is the gun. I just saved them from my parents house a few weeks ago. :clap:

transition.wav (20k) (http://www.nexus-point.net/forums/transition.wav)

Khyron

civiclvr
06-29-2003, 01:02 AM
damn i got a bunch.. still collect the old ones!
website about the movie:
http://www.bigbot.com/transformers-news/Live-Action-Transformers-Movie.shtml
transformer info sites (the best i know)
www.bigbot.com
www.bwtf.com
lol megatron was the leader of the decepticons and the guys that turn into the "big mofo" are the constructions (hook, scrapper, long haul, mixmaster, bonecrusher and scavenger) lol transformers are definately the best toy/cartoon line ever. and NO this movie has not been done in Japan yet... gonna be a North American release whooohoooo!

civiclvr
06-29-2003, 01:03 AM
lol l/l/rx..... what you want a list of the old transformers we have?

Superesc
06-29-2003, 01:08 AM
Sweet!! brings back memories!!! I hope this is what I (as a child) imagine a real transformer to be like!! :D

Khyron
06-29-2003, 01:38 AM
Gotta repost the transforming bug:

Transformer Bug (http://www.nexus-point.net/video/vw-transformer.avi)

Khyron

SilverRex
06-29-2003, 12:35 PM
ive lost all my old transformers toys when I was a kid moving from hk to canada. So I didnt start collecting them again till I have a job around when Beast war came out and now the new armada which I am hoping to collect everyone of them so far I have a complete set from wave 1 to wave.. 5 maybe? but dang, if you check the website they have sooo many coming out.

Im so broke... hmm modz or toyz... modz or toyz.. aaaah

anyways here is a quick snap of what I have as of last year..

l/l/rX
06-29-2003, 06:20 PM
HOLY MUTHER F#*%$@# that is one huge collection. my collection is not even worth mentioning compared to yours enoch :O :O :O

l/l/rX
06-29-2003, 06:26 PM
well seeing how i kind of jacked your thread, i'll try to get it bak on topic... which transformer movie did you guys like best? heh, i dont know the names of any of them, but the one where optimus prime dies and megatron and his crew turn into better transformers, and he kills starscream. it was frickin sweet.

i forgot alot of the names it sucks ahaha.

Khyron
06-29-2003, 08:19 PM
Um thats the only Transformer movie.

Good try tho. :D

Khyron

Altezza
06-29-2003, 09:48 PM
I'm up for this movie. I pretty much had them all at one time when I was a kid. But 2005...that's a damn long wait.

l/l/rX
06-30-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
Um thats the only Transformer movie.

Good try tho. :D

Khyron

hmmm are you sure? theres a whole bunch of series you can rent.....i had a whole bunch of them. if you go to house of video they have like 5 er so movies there....

civiclvr
07-01-2003, 01:59 AM
lol they rent out the episodes but my opinion is to buy the season box sets.. i got them and they RULE!!! lol nice collection silva rex.... i think my collections is around the same size.... except i didn't collect many Beast Machines ones... wasn't too happy with them!! lol if i had a scanner or a digi cam i would snap a pic or two! i do have around 30ish original ones (can't beat the originals) as for the Movie bit.. there was more movies released... Not in North America though (called the Zone and Scramble City) there was also a beast wars Neo and beast wars 2 movie... all in Japan.. but there are plans to send them out here and dub them! whoo hoo. lol

szw
07-01-2003, 02:55 AM
shiet i started collecting beastwars when they came out! This is after I realized how much money the old transformers went for and I lost/broke most of those!

I found megatron the other day...cept he's missing some parts haha

ScCab
07-02-2003, 03:05 PM
Wooh....thats alot of transformers

NoFlo
07-02-2003, 05:06 PM
Why are you so interested SCCAB?
Is it because Dragon Ball Z sucks?
Because my Unicron can devour all your DBZ bastards!!!!
HAHAHA!!!!!!!
:poosie:

civiclvr
07-03-2003, 03:44 AM
Hey sccab why such a downer?? old transformers are EXPENSIVE... alot of mine are from my childhood... lol but i still collect the new ones! if ya don't like them then leave us that do!

ScCab
07-03-2003, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by civiclvr
Hey sccab why such a downer?? old transformers are EXPENSIVE... alot of mine are from my childhood... lol but i still collect the new ones! if ya don't like them then leave us that do!
where does it show that I am such a downer:nut:
NoFlo unfortunately is one of my bestfriend.....hes just jealous:rofl:

NoFlo
07-03-2003, 08:27 AM
scCab is my chigga...born from the meanstreets of c-spot...the last time he lost his temper, he tried to take a baseball bat to my $1000 tf collection! :(

i almost had a heart attack...i guess its just payback for attacking 'karate' back in the old days...

civiclvr
07-03-2003, 01:19 PM
lol K sorry then!! was just reading it wrong! my mistake

Khyron
07-03-2003, 02:23 PM
So I was walking through Toys R Us and what do I see? Re-issued, ORIGINAL, metal, GEN1 TOYS. I bought Red Alert and Skywarp - there's other series too.

For those that care. :D

http://www.transformers.com/pl/page.browse_products/pg.1/subbrandid.62/dn/default.cfm

Khyron

civiclvr
07-03-2003, 02:41 PM
yup! inferno, tracks and hoist are the next series!! lol sweet eh?

mwmhong
07-03-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
So I was walking through Toys R Us and what do I see? Re-issued, ORIGINAL, metal, GEN1 TOYS. I bought Red Alert and Skywarp - there's other series too.

For those that care. :D

http://www.transformers.com/pl/page.browse_products/pg.1/subbrandid.62/dn/default.cfm

Khyron

Wow! They actually reissued more than Optimus/Magnus/Rodimus!
I think I'll get a Prowl, a Red Alert and a Jazz. Silverstreak looks just like Bluestreak did, except he's silver. :D

l/l/rX
07-03-2003, 03:54 PM
i have that inferno guy. i thought he sucks shit ahaha. soo hes in a pile with other toys. not my transformer pile lol. i have that optimus prime, cept his trailer thingy is black. i want that power master one though. looks interesting... :D

edit: ooo that power master optimus is very cool indeed lol. transforms from double semi thingy, into a battle station into the robot. :clap: :bigpimp:

Khyron
07-03-2003, 05:27 PM
Did I miss Jazz, or is he still to come?

Khyron

civiclvr
07-04-2003, 03:22 AM
Jazz Came out already!!! wave 3 u can pick him up on ebay for like 30 bucks! so far we've had wave 1: optimus prime, Ultra Magnus, hot Rod (renamed rodimus major due to idiots at Hasbro)
wave 2: Starscream and powermaster optimus(this optimus hasnt made it to Canada yet... apparently being shipped now keep eyes peeled but hey i have the original still LOL!) wave 3: Jazz, thundercracker and silverstreak (originally bluestreak but same prob as hot rod they forgot to copyright the name.. idiots. and now wave 4: skywarp, red alert and prowl!! that's all so far i got all the reissues so far (spare starscream too!) lol
l/l/rX if the trailer was black then that is the generation 2 optimus!
and for all that care only the wave 4 ones are left on shelves canada wide.. the rest are gone... of wave 4 skywarp was the shortpacked one and will be worth the most good luck and let me know if you see the powermaster reissue b4 i do! lol i need a spare/ extra parts! lol any other TF info u need let me know...

Khyron
07-04-2003, 11:51 AM
Dammit need Jazz - argh.

Khyron