PDA

View Full Version : Getting past colds, and flu.

brownchild
08-22-2007, 11:46 AM
It's seems it's that time of year again. Everyone seems to be catching a cold. Im sitting at home on a sick day, so I thought I should start a thread about how to get rid of colds and flu's the natural way. Everyone who knows natural remedies, and natural cures for the common cold and flu, pls post.

The only ones I heard so far are, fasting to speed up the immune system, and taking garlic pills and apple cider vinegar.:dunno:

reno97637
08-24-2007, 11:20 PM
Chicken soup? Works for me.

ecstasy_civic
08-24-2007, 11:24 PM
Glutamine
Glutamine
Glutamine

I have a HIGH intake of glutamine its about the only thing that keeps me from getting sick, builds your immune system up and helps your recovery that much more in the gym.

I would say over 30g/ED would be good dose.

Cooked Rice
08-25-2007, 12:02 AM
I started getting a cold this week, and I quickly took cold FX. 3 pills 3 times a day. Along with a vitamin c, and cranberry extract. And I had a couple drops of colloidal silver. Was gone the next morning.

infected
08-25-2007, 12:16 AM
Sleep like crazy. Stir honey in hot water with a couple lemon slices. I love it so much I drink it even when I'm not sick. :thumbsup:

Moe Man
08-25-2007, 10:05 AM
we have sent men on the moon but there is still no real way of getting rid of colds quick enough.

cold FX worked for me the first time, but now my body is immune to it now :thumbsdow

Kritafo
08-25-2007, 10:09 AM
just think of all the money drug companies would loose if they cured the common cold.

I use Buckley day and night cold tablets, nothing natural about them, but they make me feel almost normal.

doublepostwhore
08-26-2007, 02:44 AM
Cold is constantly mutating... sending a man to the moon with a comparison with sickness is like pitting a back yard mechanic against a factory team like ferrari with alonso driving on an F1 course

max_boost
08-26-2007, 03:40 AM
Every time I get sick I have to rely on a different type of over the counter drug. Buckley's, Day-Ny-Quill, Cold FX, Contact, Benylin don't work for me anymore. Sudafed cured my last sickness almost over night.

I agree that sleep is imperative. When I'm sick I can lay there all day. And drink lots of water!

Lex350
08-26-2007, 09:29 AM
I take one Cold fx everyday and when I feel a cold comming on I take three. I hven;t had a cold since I started doing this 1.5 years ago.

broken_legs
08-26-2007, 01:33 PM
I usually get sick at least once every summer

This summer I was crash dieting and binge drinking every night all mixed together.

I supplemented multi vitamins, glutamine and ecinacia (sp?) Never got sick even though three of the people at the same cabin got sick

canadian_hustla
08-26-2007, 04:06 PM
I have a brutal cold right now, however the gin and cran. i am drinking seems to be making me feel better haha