PDA

View Full Version : Are you selling your car? (rant)

JRSC00LUDE
08-22-2007, 02:03 PM
I'll start this by saying I am not talking about one person in particular, there are a couple of you jackasses that I've encountered and I'm sure that I'm not the only one.

If your car is for sale and you are asked specific questions about it WHY WON'T YOU ANSWER THEM? Are you not serious about selling your car? Are you trying to hide something? Are you just a douchebag? What is it???

When asked specific things about engine/components/build/history etc. generic answers like "it runs real good man, you won't be dissapointed", or "this thing will rape a - insert generic, unfounded, untested car here" or "you won't find a nicer one for this price fer sure duuuuude" is fucking stupid. None of those comments are useful, helpful or relevant you stupid asshat.

Refusal to disclose any accurate relevant info. when asked means it's a p.o.s. and you are trying to hide it. Well guess what? If you've been on beyond for any period of time odds are someone knows your car just as good as you do and we'll find out anyways.

Done.....

EDIT - And if you think I am talking about you and want to call me on it/PM me on it etc. DON'T BOTHER. I'm not and even if I was no matter what you say I WILL NEVER BE INTERESTED IN BUYING IT.

rc2002
08-22-2007, 02:12 PM
LOL. A lot of people are good at talking themselves out of a sale.

That said, there are quite a few people that buy modified cars, not knowing what they're getting themselves into. They don't know jack about cars or mods and simply can't answer any questions about their cars.

JRSC00LUDE
08-22-2007, 02:19 PM
Ya, this has been grinding at me for awhile now lol.

True enough, but just admit it then. Say - You know what, I'm not really sure, this is how I bought it. Feel free to take it to a shop of your choice to have it checked out.

Honesty will get you a lot further than deflection.

I don't know a shitload myself yet either (but I'm learning). However, if I was selling my car I'd make sure I got myself fully versed in everything done to it. As I've found out, it's impossible to own a boosted car for more than a month or two without needing to understand what's going on with it.

teggypimp95
08-22-2007, 02:21 PM
Good rant

Took me 6 months to find a car i was happy with and i delt with alot of these assholes along the way. Just cut the crap and give it to me stright. Cuz either you tell me the truth on the phone, or i find out when i fuckin get there. I had so many assholes tell me oh yeah mint shape perfect car, yada yada yada. When i drive across town to tim buck 2 its a peice of shit, with rust, ripped seats, cracked bumper, and recently been slighly T-boned. Like get a grip. Be honest, answer questions trufully and i garantee u will sell your car faster.

JRSC00LUDE
08-22-2007, 02:32 PM
^

Ya, these are the same useless pricks that think they're getting ahead in life by ripping someone off for 10 bucks. :thumbsdow

GTS Jeff
08-22-2007, 02:43 PM
Beyond is a tough place to do business, but if you can cut through the crap, there are deals to be had...

A790
08-22-2007, 02:46 PM
And then a flood of members went to the marketplace in hopes of finding out which thread(s) he's referring too... :)

403Gemini
08-22-2007, 02:53 PM
If somebody ever responded to my question with:

""it runs real good man, you won't be dissapointed"
"this thing will rape a - insert generic, unfounded, untested car here"
"you won't find a nicer one for this price fer sure duuuuude"

I would thank them for answering my question on what the current owner is like and not bother wasting my time to go out and view the vehicle ;)

Honestly though, i totally agree with OP's post

ringmaster
08-22-2007, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
I had so many assholes tell me oh yeah mint shape perfect car, yada yada yada. When i drive across town to tim buck 2 its a peice of shit, with rust, ripped seats, cracked bumper, and recently been slighly T-boned.

LOL that is my favorite one, "yah buddy the car is mint fo suree"

So after driving across town to look at the car:

"oh well its mint except for it needs new paint and you have to finish the bondo I started, the dash is cracked, passenger door won't unlock, shift boot is torn, trunk/hatch doesnt open, has a flat tire, aftermarket deck is torn out and wires everywhere, seat is ripped, e brake doesnt work and the handle is gone, no carpet, rusty sunroof, and its been in a rear ender that has fucked the frame" "oh and cause of that, the trunk doesnt line up right and it leaks"

Sad thing is that I put this together from ONLY TWO used cars i've been to see on beyond, both in MINT shape :banghead:

TomcoPDR
08-23-2007, 12:25 AM
Good thread, good rant... I usually don't reply to the "yea it's a great car all around" neither :thumbsdow

Another trick I do, and this is just me talking as a car loving guy Beyonder-to-Beyonder, not trying to piss off the grease ball used salvaged resale lots that sometimes I fix dents for as a favor for someone's someone's buddy's dog's dad's favorite striper's friend who might be interested in buying the vehicle...

Some small used car lots post their ads in the papers keeping it on the low-low thinking they'll fool the public... the smart buyers will reconigize repeatitive phone numbers through numberous ads right?

So I usually start my conversation with: "Hey, I'm just calling about your truck?"

And if they answer with: "which vehicle are you calling about again?

To me that's more or less a tell tail sign that I'll be dealing with a used lot or curbers (disclaimer: I have NO PROBLEMS with used car lots or curbers, sometimes I do work for them, BUT seeing that I drive all over the country, I'm looking for 2-3 year used from a 1st owner that I can rely on)

Like how many freakin' car/truck can a family have right? And it's not like they'll be selling everyone's vehicle at the same time.

Just by a few quick and simple wording, I think there can be a system to screen out a majority of junk sellers. I've got more tricks/tactics of course, but these couple years with the city growing I've been logging down a file of phone numbers and names of what I suspect curbers/small lots. (Again, I have no problems with them, their vehicles just don't fit my lifestyle)