PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay Lohan needs one of these

austinjt
08-22-2007, 04:59 PM
http://cardevotion.com/Article/223/Nissan_Unveils_New_Drunk_Driving_Safety_Features.html?ref=gc

black13
08-22-2007, 05:01 PM
hmm not a bad idea at all.

GQBalla
08-22-2007, 05:59 PM
holy technology is comin pretty far

stevo 27
08-22-2007, 06:06 PM
what is it my computer sucks :(

Xtrema
08-23-2007, 08:15 AM
But I have slanty eyes, I look exactly the same asleep and awake. :D

ZMan2k2
08-24-2007, 08:46 AM
Driving Behavior

By constantly monitoring the operational behavior of the vehicle (e.g. sensing if the vehicle is drifting out of its driving lane), the system can identify signs of inattentiveness or distraction in the driver. When the system detects such behavior, voice and message alerts are issued via the navigation system. The seat-belt alert mechanism is also activated, tightening around the driver to gain immediate attention.

That system would burn out in a month in Calgary. Way too many people not paying attention and weaving around yakking on the phone, tuning the stereo, or smacking the kids in the back seat. The computer would get so many warnings, the processor would overheat and burn out.

dennisaur
08-24-2007, 08:52 AM
if the alcohol odor sensor is so sensitive, then does that mean you can't even be DD to a buncha soused drunks?

SilverRex
08-24-2007, 09:03 AM
now they can take it one step further so monitor its surroundings for intruders thus making people trying to steal cars impossible in the future.

:D

403Gemini
08-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by dennisaur
if the alcohol odor sensor is so sensitive, then does that mean you can't even be DD to a buncha soused drunks?

or if you had to drag your drunk friend into your car (possibly getting spilt alcohal onto your hand) , being extremely exhausted after doing so after a late party (not quite tired/not drunk just exhausted) and having your drunkard friend stinking up the car triggering the cabin - 3 potential "factors" that are influencing all of your alarms - even though you may have not even drank a drop of booze the entire night.

I seriously think its great on principal, but i'd hate my fucking car if the seat belt kept tightning up on me in the morning because im shaking off my sleepiness.

schurchill39
08-24-2007, 11:10 PM
It would be better if they could do a breathalizer type of gadget. It would be hard to integrate.. maybe a sensor on the upper portion of the steering wheel. Whats in there would be kind of useless for everyday things and because of the things 403gemini said.

Doozer
08-25-2007, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by schurchill39
It would be better if they could do a breathalizer type of gadget. It would be hard to integrate.. maybe a sensor on the upper portion of the steering wheel. Whats in there would be kind of useless for everyday things and because of the things 403gemini said.

I think they already have such a device, but it's a court-ordered contraption that is added to the cars of some convicted drunk-drivers. Probably only in the States.

I've never seen one, but I've heard that they're out there.

drew_goring
08-25-2007, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Doozer

I think they already have such a device, but it's a court-ordered contraption that is added to the cars of some convicted drunk-drivers. Probably only in the States.

I've never seen one, but I've heard that they're out there.

They have them in Saskatchewan and you can pay a bunch of money to have it installed in your car after a impaired driving charge and be on the road sooner. You have to blow to start the vehicle, and periodically once you start going.

xDiMSuMx
08-27-2007, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by drew_goring

They have them in Saskatchewan and you can pay a bunch of money to have it installed in your car after a impaired driving charge and be on the road sooner. You have to blow to start the vehicle, and periodically once you start going.

its called an ignition interlock here in alberta