PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Truck $6-11K - see post for specs

driz6
08-23-2007, 12:38 AM
I need a truck for my company that is for work not play. I am aiming for a mid size v8 such as a F150, Sierra Z71, Ram 1500/2500 ball park. Truck will be doing frequent trips to and from Regina so needs to be reliable for such trips.

Here is what I am looking for:

Must Have's
- at least an extended cab, a crew cab (4 door) preferred
- CD player

Nice to Have's
- leather
- sunroof
- plastic coating on the box
- long box
- back window that opens to put long pieces of wood/material through
- all the finer things a truck can offer

Won't look at
- sport trucks or little v6
- reg cab
- diesel or propane
- over 200KMS
- short box

I am not looking to pay more than $11K, but I will go a tad higher if it is a good deal.

Thanks!

PM me or email [email protected]

TomcoPDR
08-23-2007, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by driz6
I need a truck for my company that is for work not play. I am aiming for a mid size v8 such as a F150, Sierra Z71, Ram 1500/2500 ball park. Truck will be doing frequent trips to and from Regina so needs to be reliable for such trips.

Here is what I am looking for:

Must Have's
- at least an extended cab, a crew cab (4 door) preferred
- CD player

Nice to Have's
- leather
- sunroof
- plastic coating on the box
- long box
- back window that opens to put long pieces of wood/material through
- all the finer things a truck can offer

Won't look at
- sport trucks or little v6
- reg cab
- diesel or propane
- over 200KMS
- short box

I am not looking to pay more than $11K, but I will go a tad higher if it is a good deal.

Thanks!

PM me or email [email protected]

just being constructive here...

F150, Sierra 1500, Ram 1500 are all full size (to my understanding? :dunno: )

Mid size now a days would be: Dakota, Tacoma (they're not small anymore), Ridgeline.

Mini's would be: Ranger, Canyon

Chances to find a crew cab (that's 4 functional doors) for under $11K are very slim... someone could argue that there are crew cab Chevys (the white city trucks) back in the 1995-1999 style... However, they're going to be 1 tons or 3/4 ton... and probably won't meet the "under 200Kkm" mark.

So shoot for an extended cab.

good luck
:thumbsup:

driz6
08-23-2007, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the insight. I am new to trucks. I didn't know what extended cab meant three days ago.

I am looking for a full size truck then more in the extended cab area!

Nissan240_91
08-23-2007, 10:57 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=187430

Speed_Dreams
08-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

just being constructive here...

F150, Sierra 1500, Ram 1500 are all full size (to my understanding? :dunno: )

Mid size now a days would be: Dakota, Tacoma (they're not small anymore), Ridgeline.

Mini's would be: Ranger, Canyon

Chances to find a crew cab (that's 4 functional doors) for under $11K are very slim... someone could argue that there are crew cab Chevys (the white city trucks) back in the 1995-1999 style... However, they're going to be 1 tons or 3/4 ton... and probably won't meet the "under 200Kkm" mark.

So shoot for an extended cab.

good luck
:thumbsup:

The city gets ride of most its trucks WAY before 200xxxkms

my last city truck had 162xxx on it and it was way better than the truck i just got

gamman
08-24-2007, 11:51 PM
I have a truck, 2 owners, just recently more than 200km, like 212.

BUT i have an inch of work that has been done to the car, I bet no other 120-150km truck has anything like this truck.

It has over $7000 in reciepts on stuff. So, for $7,000, you get a free truck. It is in great shape, but I don't need a truck, as I am getting an suv shortly.

It has:
remote start, remote door locks, CD, air tilt cruise, 4x4, ext cab, canopy, new trans, new brakes, very, very well maintained, new alternator, new battry, new front end, reasonably new tires, trailer towing stuff. No rust, blue, looks great, and has blue liner.

I personally don't know how all those parts could have been replaced on a vehicle with 160,000km, but something to think about. If you are buying 100,000km, sure, but if you are looking at 155,000 and nothing has been replaced, then look at potentially a huge bills in the future, as you put on the mileage.

Anyway I want to sell, and would give a good deal.

driz6
08-31-2007, 02:16 AM
FOUND ONE. THANKS EVERYONE.