PDA

View Full Version : blazer or rx-7???

)v(ortal
06-28-2003, 09:56 PM
well im doen to 2 vechiles, if i get the blazer is gunna be real tight (not like all the other ones) and if i get the rx-7 i will be hopin to do some nice things too.... but i dont know wat to get...

wat should i get??

FiveFreshFish
06-28-2003, 09:59 PM
Get this: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=18703

)v(ortal
06-28-2003, 10:03 PM
dude i would sooooo love a 3rd gen but i cant afford the tt and that would be the one i would get.... no dout that is one FINE ASS!!

-danny

p.s the blazer would be gettin a new engine,tranny(5spd),rims,paint,inter,stero,straight pipe (this is not a 4x4)

rx-7 would get engone mods, stero,rims,exhauast, and i have otehr stuff jjust listed a lil bit...

Speed_Dreams
06-28-2003, 10:54 PM
get a 2 door 4x4 blazer and slam that shit....Turbo it....damn....can you say Syclone?

)v(ortal
06-28-2003, 10:57 PM
u know wat that iwas wat i was plannin cept not a 4x4 just slammed and a new engine, convert into 5spd with new engine and turbo it.... man that be soo amazing almost a typhoon!!!!... i have the rims picked out for it allready... 20" for 990.00 there chrome not those gay ass brushed aluminum shit...im not puttin a kit or anything GAY on only the rims a new hood thats it..... (for exterior)

-danny

T5_X
06-28-2003, 11:04 PM
lol, slammed 4x4... uhhhhh, no.

Go to some s-series forums, they'll help you out. What year of blazer? I believe 94 or 95 up will have the vortec 4.3, great little V6. 2 door 5 speeds are very rare though. If your putting a new engine in though, the 350 is by far the best way to go. Its been done lots, it'll be cheaper and safer than turbocharging a 4.3 (s/c kits on newer versions are a different story though) it'll give you endless aftermarket options and it'll give you a selection of 5 speed (or 6 speed) trannies strong enough to hold lots of power.

)v(ortal
06-28-2003, 11:06 PM
ya i know wat ur sayin i was thinking 350.... but i prolly need to build my back end stronger so i dont ripp it off with the 350. 6spd??? lol that be amazing, and i was thinking around the 85-94 versions i dont care bout the engine that comes with it as long as i can get some cash for it so i can get a 350 then im happy...!!!

-danny

Boostn
06-29-2003, 02:35 AM
Just buy a real Typhoon, they're rare as hell in Canada since they were never sold here by GM but I do see them for sale once in a while. There's a lot more for sale in the US market. Now the Syclones are next to impossible to find since they were only manufactured for for one year, 1991. I'm not big on trucks/SUVs but Syclones and Typhoons, now that's a different story. Sorry to get off topic but those two vehicles you mentioned, what year of Blazer and RX7?

)v(ortal
06-29-2003, 02:38 AM
blazer 86-94
rx-7 2nd gen

ya the typhoons are nice!!!!

-danny

Boostn
06-29-2003, 03:00 AM
I'd say go with the RX7, especially if it's a turbo model. But then again I'm biased ;)

redline_13000
06-29-2003, 03:39 AM
go get a 2dr Jimmy :thumbsup:

James
06-29-2003, 06:37 AM
hmm, 2 totally different types of vehicles! ..if you want to go fast/have amazing handling go with the RX-7..but if you just want the pimp factor, a nice low jimmy/blazer would be tight.....or if you want everything just get a Typhoon!:D......there pretty damn rare, but within the last couple weeks i've seen 2, plus 1 Syclone!..so there are a few around, just hard to find for sale!

Maxt
06-29-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Boostn
I'd say go with the RX7, especially if it's a turbo model. But then again I'm biased ;)
Yah me too.....Maxt :nut:

Weapon_R
06-29-2003, 12:06 PM
I'd go for the Jimmy - I have one, beautiful GM vehicles honestly. They are very very well built (newer ones) and the 4.3L Vortec (mentioned above) is very torquey. I'd still stick with the 4wd version.

Personally, and coming from experience, i'd never, ever, buy another RX-7 again.

)v(ortal
06-29-2003, 12:33 PM
well i would be gettin a blazer... 85-91 i decided... im gunna doa 350 small black conver w/5-spd tranny, turbo, and stright pipes from the catilitic converter...

-danny

ecstasy_civic
06-29-2003, 04:55 PM
my friend just sold his blazer, too bad. it was 4x4 lowered(dont ask) 350, stereo, paint, rims, tranny, name it it was done. 3500 bucks, need cash for a holiday. just look around theres some already swapped blazer/jimmy's for sale.

)v(ortal
06-29-2003, 05:02 PM
ya, only 1 problem, i dont really want someone elses project i wanna get a bone stock blazer, and do all the shit my self.... but ya man that sounded like a good price!!!

What color should i paint my blazer????? red?black?green?

-danny

ecstasy_civic
06-29-2003, 05:13 PM
black, black is sweet.

)v(ortal
06-29-2003, 05:14 PM
ya i was think that too either that or a nice darker blue...

-danny

theken
06-29-2003, 06:04 PM
i love jimmy's, so i would buy one ohhhh wait i have one :thumbsup: so mucu possibilities, go out and buy a 4.3 vortec 205hp, then a turbo, run 12 psi and u have a typhoon engine, buy a corvette six speed automatic, minivan all wheel drive, reaer air suspesion, and u have a typhoon clone.
i looked into an actual typhoon block sooooo not worth it, it would be over 23 g's to complete that engine.
i am in the process of doing a 4.3 turbo for my truck. money is tight though, and i think i am gonna buy convicts engine for the probe.

)v(ortal
06-29-2003, 06:12 PM
im goin with the 350 small... turbo, with a 5-spd tranny... someone said they can doa 6-spd that be tight........ and thats gunna be my preformance that im tellin u guys, i was think in airbags, but i dought ill do that.

-danny

T5_X
06-29-2003, 06:13 PM
LT1 with BW 6 speed, just take a 4th gen camaro powerplant! :D

ecstasy_civic
06-29-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Ranger_X31
LT1 with BW 6 speed, just take a 3rd gen camaro powerplant! :D

:werd: :thumbsup:

)v(ortal
06-29-2003, 06:16 PM
ill have to look into that!!!

-danny

ecstasy_civic
06-29-2003, 06:21 PM
borg warners are very expensive though.

my friend had one in his old 84 camaro and he paid close to 3g's brand new. if you can find a used one, get on it.

it wont last long.

redx2nv
06-29-2003, 06:58 PM
if you want sy/ty performance get a typhoon(good luck) or a syclone(easier to get), a blazer isnt worth suping up. if you get an rx7, youd have a fst, nice looking and good handling car. blazers utilize torsion bars which is more expensive to upgrade your suspension.

T5_X
06-29-2003, 07:19 PM
a 2wd blazer will not have torsion bars, it'll have an independent front with wishbones and coil springs, with rear leafs.

And a typhoon is easier to get than a syclone, syclones were only in production one year, fewer were made. Personally, I've never seen one in canada, but I've seen a few typhoons. And I don't think anyone will let one go for under 25 grand... which is more than the price of a fresh performance 350 swap into the truck. Oh, and the sy/ty will only come with a 4 spd auto, no 5 speed was made and none will swap in.

Your best bet for a swap is gonna be a 305 or 350 tpi with a T5 tranny, very readily available. The LT1/BW 6 speed would be quite a bit more but would be sweet.

theken
06-29-2003, 07:32 PM
syclones were actually in production for 3 years 91 to 93, typhoons were made for 2 years with a total of like 4200, and the syclones were like 5600 or somehting made, they are faster but only by like a tenth or 2 tenths of a second. if u can find either of them good luck. :thumbsup:

theken
06-29-2003, 07:33 PM
and all typhoons and syclones are automatic :)

Arthur
06-29-2003, 08:02 PM
blazers are crap get a third gen rx7. rx7s fast stock and you can make it EVEN faster. and the blazer slam it... wtf is that stupid shit... hell even if you did turbo it, it wouldnt be that fast

Doodle
06-29-2003, 08:18 PM
I dunno dood, I had a 97 jimmy SLT 4.3 vortec, maybe it was a lemon buy its sucked major balls. The check engine light came on every week, wheel speed sensor went, fuel solenoid went, Abs went, It drove nice but my impreza goes through more snow then that beehatch. If your gonna slam it thats a different story I guess. I only had it for 6 months, I spent more paying to fix it then on my loan so I sold it and lost my ass, shit deal. Personally I'd go with the RX7, just me though.:dunno:

)v(ortal
06-29-2003, 09:19 PM
ok arthur for one fuckin thing READ the OTHER POST!!! i didnt say i could afford one, im not fuckin stupid i would buy a 3rd gen rx-7 if i HAD the money....... and im not goin for speed (not too much) im goin for looks and stuff i wanna do..... im just taken opions not wanting ppl bashing my thread.... if u dont read the other shit then dont bother posting.....

-danny

ps... ya i was thinkin the 350 witha 5-spd tranny (can be done) a corvette tranny wil fit right in ;) but it would be sweet to see a 6-spd.. the turbo comes in cuz i dont see many turbod 350's i see them supercharged so it willl be kinda kool and its in a blazer.

redline_13000
06-29-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Doodle
I dunno dood, I had a 97 jimmy SLT 4.3 vortec, maybe it was a lemon buy its sucked major balls. The check engine light came on every week, wheel speed sensor went, fuel solenoid went, Abs went, It drove nice but my impreza goes through more snow then that beehatch. If your gonna slam it thats a different story I guess. I only had it for 6 months, I spent more paying to fix it then on my loan so I sold it and lost my ass, shit deal. Personally I'd go with the RX7, just me though.:dunno:

probly a lemon, but ill call :bullshit: on the snow comment:)

redx2nv
06-29-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Ranger_X31
a 2wd blazer will not have torsion bars, it'll have an independent front with wishbones and coil springs, with rear leafs.

And a typhoon is easier to get than a syclone, syclones were only in production one year, fewer were made. Personally, I've never seen one in canada, but I've seen a few typhoons. And I don't think anyone will let one go for under 25 grand... which is more than the price of a fresh performance 350 swap into the truck. Oh, and the sy/ty will only come with a 4 spd auto, no 5 speed was made and none will swap in.

Your best bet for a swap is gonna be a 305 or 350 tpi with a T5 tranny, very readily available. The LT1/BW 6 speed would be quite a bit more but would be sweet.

we arent livin in the states here bud.

if you could get a typhoon into canada put me down for 25... i will be a billionare ahah

there is three ty's in alberta, one from ontario, and one from van(owner of a gm dealer) and one from cowtown..none brought up from the states.

the syclone was finished its build by PAS(out of business also buil the TTA), and they got the shells from GM. due to this sytys have incomplete vin numbers.

goverment has a rule which motorhomes/suvs cant be brought over the border.

the syclone is exempt from this rule due to its a truck. the ty is not exempt due to the fact it is classified as a motorhome suv(incomplete motorhomes and suvs will not be allowed over the border regrdless of year).

one guy took 5 months get his ty over the border, after jumping through many hoops and pleading to the government.

if you dont beleive me talk to turbotony on v8less, hed be happy to inform you of this.

redx2nv
06-29-2003, 10:41 PM
why have a 5spd? those 15 psi awd launches in a SYCLONE are INSANE!!! i have never seen anything launch do hard in my life:eek:

)v(ortal
06-29-2003, 11:05 PM
cuz its not a syclone lol

-danny

Doodle
07-01-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by redline_13000

probly a lemon, but ill call :bullshit: on the snow comment:)

I tell no lies my son, its true. :clap:

)v(ortal
07-03-2003, 10:41 PM
i decide to save up for the blazer!!!

-danny

ecstasy_civic
07-03-2003, 10:46 PM
after all this and no 7? wtf lol j/k

)v(ortal
07-04-2003, 12:09 AM
ahha man for the price im gunna pay for a rx-7 i can almost get the blazer and the engine... ahah i think ill have way more fun with blazer... but it was a tuff choice dont get me wrong there...

-danny

thx again guys for all the coments it helpd alot