PDA

View Full Version : A Big F*** You! To the lowlife bastards that stole my support our troops ribbons.

Thaco
08-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Yep, some lowlife piece of s*** stole the support our troops ribbons on my car, i had 5 of them on my trunk (tacky i know, but read on and you'll understand), 2 of them were custom made to show support for my cousin who lost his life in Afghanistan on July 4th of this year... they had his name right on them, there are only 500 of them ever made.

I am sick of this shit... it's not the $ that i care about, it's the principle it was a custom made ribbon to mourn a loved one that died in the war, do people have no dignity at all?

I highly doubt anybody on here had anything to do with it, i just had to vent

/Rant

(they were on a white grand am if that makes a difference, but i highly doubt i'll ever see them again or find out who did it. I'm not sure when they went missing, i know i had them on there last night at about 8:30pm when i came in from the car(parked in an outdoor parking lot), got up, went to work, came out from work at 5pm to see a bare trunk.. didn't really notce if they were there or not on my way to work/lunch time)

August 24 Edit: Useless pieces of shit strike again. My parents truck (which was parked at my house while they're out of town) was about 4 spots down from mine, was fine yesterday, they had 3 ribbons on there, 2 generic support our troops ribbons and one of the custom made ones. this morning i went out to see their support our troops ribbons gone, but the custom made one was still there... Why the fuck cant people just leave shit alone?

I think the thing that upsets me the most about this whole thing is not the fact that they took my ribbons, not even the fact that they took the custom ones, but the fact that i can not show my support anymore for fear of having to replace them every day... i wish they had vinyl stickers.

Spoons
08-23-2007, 05:44 PM
It's probably all of those people with "NO WAR" bullshit. When will they learn there will always be war...

I heard a good quote and it was,
"People who commit war are stupid, but the blood they spill is not meaningless."

Thaco
08-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Spoons
It's probably all of those people with "NO WAR" bullshit. When will they learn there will always be war...

"People who commit war are stupid, but the blood they spill is not meaningless."

People need to realize, i do not support the war in any way, i think it is ridiculous and we should not be over there. i do however support our troops who are just doing their jobs.

Spoons
08-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Thaco

People need to realize, i do not support the war in any way, i think it is ridiculous and we should not be over there. i do however support our troops who are just doing their jobs.

Totally agree, hence the quote. :D
The reasons the politicians go to war is on a totally side tracked view, BUT the real reason who go's to war is those of the views of the people fighting it. If they truly believe that they are helping some people over there, then thats all the reason they need.

None the less this thread does not need to turn into a war discussion, and I hi-jacked enough :hijack:
I hope the bastards burn in hell...

ca18det240sx
08-23-2007, 05:51 PM
Some people just need to mind their own business. Whats it to somebody else weather you support the war or not anyways. Its nobodys business, (i know you dont support the war, i read) so why do they have to bother themselves to take your stuff?

ignorance.....

JRSC00LUDE
08-23-2007, 05:57 PM
You know, I have to agree with you about the people that do this OP.

For some reason, when that happens (and it's quite common around here, you hear of it often) it pisses me off WAY more than times like when all my stereo got jacked, car vandalised, etc. etc.

Sometimes the things that are worth the least are actually worth the most. When people f*** with the things that mean something to you it hurts you in a way that f***ing with things you own never can.

Thaco
08-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
You know, I have to agree with you about the people that do this OP.

For some reason, when that happens (and it's quite common around here, you hear of it often) it pisses me off WAY more than times like when all my stereo got jacked, car vandalised, etc. etc.

Sometimes the things that are worth the least are actually worth the most. When people f*** with the things that mean something to you it hurts you in a way that f***ing with things you own never can.

exactly, i have had my car looted, my stereo jacked, bike stolen, house broken into, those things pissed me off... but this time i feel sick to my stomach... it's just pathetic

tictactoe2004
08-23-2007, 06:56 PM

exactly, i have had my car looted, my stereo jacked, bike stolen, house broken into, those things pissed me off... but this time i feel sick to my stomach... it's just pathetic

It's probably just some kids doing it as a joke or dare or w/e maybe for fun.. I'm sure they don't understand the meaning of them to you so as much as it sucks i'd try not to worry about it too much.

Thaco
08-23-2007, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by tictactoe2004

It's probably just some kids doing it as a joke or dare or w/e maybe for fun.. I'm sure they don't understand the meaning of them to you so as much as it sucks i'd try not to worry about it too much.

that's what i'm hoping for, but i'll never know.

urban.one
08-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Thats my guess as well.

Coulda been someone drunk that took it off your car and would have done the same whether it was a breast cancer ribbon or a gary pride ribbon.

Originally posted by tictactoe2004

Hakkola
08-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by urban.one
gary pride ribbon.

Do you get those at the Gary pride parades? :rofl:

Sorry to hear what happened, that is really lame. I would be pissed too.

Toms-SC
08-23-2007, 08:29 PM
Where do you get these ribbons?

spikerS
08-23-2007, 08:39 PM
you can get them from the currie barracks, or city of calgary locations, or be like me, and have friends in the military get you some.

Thaco
08-23-2007, 09:41 PM
you can also get them online a bit cheaper

https://www3.cfpsa.com/wyn/en/generalPublic/shoplist_e.asp?uid=729360&location=&dept=6

Also there's a store on the base in edmonton which is the same prices as online, the calgary barracks are a bit more expensive.

frozenrice
08-23-2007, 09:48 PM
I have a feeling Dave Bronconnier stole them to make his point.
Sorry to hear. Wish there was some way to get them back for you.

FiveFreshFish
08-23-2007, 09:56 PM
They should make them to stick to the inside of your windows.

Thaco
08-23-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
They should make them to stick to the inside of your windows.

i actually wish they made vinyl ones that were (semi) perminant, i'd put one on my car.

They do make window cling ones, but they go inside, doesn't work for me with tinted windows.

240SX92
08-23-2007, 10:37 PM
Someone stole mine off the back of my car tonight.

Lame...

PS. Why would you buy them cheaper online when the money you buy them with goes to support injured troops families?

I bought mine at the recruiting center at Harry Hays Building downtown. 5$

DC2
08-23-2007, 10:38 PM
Cool, they have license plate frames too! Thats a little harder to steal.

Thaco
08-24-2007, 08:09 AM
August 24 Edit: Useless pieces of shit strike again. My parents truck (which was parked at my house while they're out of town) was about 4 spots down from mine, was fine yesterday, they had 3 ribbons on there, 2 generic support our troops ribbons and one of the custom made ones. this morning i went out to see their support our troops ribbons gone, but the custom made one was still there... Why the fuck cant people just leave shit alone?

I think the thing that upsets me the most about this whole thing is not the fact that they took my ribbons, not even the fact that they took the custom ones, but the fact that i can not show my support anymore for fear of having to replace them every day... i wish they had vinyl stickers.

Thaco
08-24-2007, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by 240SX92
Someone stole mine off the back of my car tonight.

Lame...

PS. Why would you buy them cheaper online when the money you buy them with goes to support injured troops families?

I bought mine at the recruiting center at Harry Hays Building downtown. 5$

Because the one online are direct from the forces store, and the only reason they're cheaper online is because they do not have to ship them around and have a physical building to sell them out of, the same amount is going to the charity, there are just less costs involved, and they pass that on to you.

D. Dub
08-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Scumbags :whipped:

2002civic
08-24-2007, 09:31 AM
that's awful, I am sorry to hear that...

Toms-SC
08-24-2007, 09:54 AM
Fuck the website is not working.

Does anybody know if you can pick up the license plate frames locally? I would love one before the cruise for cancer!

Thaco
08-24-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Fuck the website is not working.

Does anybody know if you can pick up the license plate frames locally? I would love one before the cruise for cancer!

I'm goign to edmonton on Monday, will be back Tuesday evening, not sure if that's too late.
(they have a store in Edmonton near the base that carries all of the stuff on the site)

Also Try

http://www.cfpsa.com/en/CANEX/

Click the banner in the center of the page.

Seanith
08-24-2007, 10:22 AM
I take it they are magnets?

Thaco
08-24-2007, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Seanith
I take it they are magnets?

Yes

treg50
08-24-2007, 10:49 AM
You should make a fake paper one stuck on with masking tape (so you don't harm your paint) BUT also stick on a note telling them what the ribbons meant to you and asking for them back. Use a nice tone, they probably have no idea of the significance to you.

Probably as good an idea as any.

Thaco
08-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by treg50
You should make a fake paper one stuck on with masking tape (so you don't harm your paint) BUT also stick on a note telling them what the ribbons meant to you and asking for them back. Use a nice tone, they probably have no idea of the significance to you.

Probably as good an idea as any.

I was actually considering setting up an IP wireless camera in a car pointed at my car, but i cant really justify spending $200+ on equipment to get a video of some guy taking them and probably never catch him anyways.

And i honestly don't care about getting them back, i don't care about catching the person or people who did it, i am just upset that i cant show my support anymore because i am not going to worry every night about whether or not they'll be there in the morning, and i'm not going to take them off every night.

I really just hope for humanity's sake that this was just some kids who didn't know what they were doing and decided to take them and throw them at the passing train to see if they'd stick or something stupid like that. But i'll never know.

Toms-SC
08-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Sorry, the cruise is this Sunday!

Sure you can catch them, just look for the neighbour with 'Vote NDP' on their lawn during election time.

JRSC00LUDE
08-24-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Where do you get these ribbons?

You mean the gay pride ones don't you? :D

To the OP - when you say you wish there were vinyl ones, there are a couple people on this forum in the vinyl decal business I believe. I bet if we can remember who they are they would be happy to custom make something like that for you. Maybe they'll read this.

Thaco
08-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

You mean the gay pride ones don't you? :D

To the OP - when you say you wish there were vinyl ones, there are a couple people on this forum in the vinyl decal business I believe. I bet if we can remember who they are they would be happy to custom make something like that for you. Maybe they'll read this.

yeah i was thinking that, but then there are legal implications with copyrights and stuff, opens a whole new pile of issues. If people would just leave my shit alone it'd all be fine. :)

R!zz0
08-25-2007, 10:17 AM
From the wise words of "Boy George"

"War war is stupid and people are stupid
And love means nothing in some strange quarters"

And I heard the banging of hearts and fingers
War"!

A BIG FUCK YOU TO GEORGE BUSH.

VWEvo
08-25-2007, 11:29 AM
This makes me sad!!! My brother is in the armed forces and I can't help but wonder how people can be so selfish. Why can't people realize that this has nothing to do with whether you support the war in Afghanistan, but the fact that we stand behind our fellow Canadians there. Its so demoralizing!!! I'm glad to see there are others on here who feel strong about supporting our troops and voicing there opinions on here.

Our soldiers are a testament to how amazing some Canadians are, the least we can do is show how proud we are of them.

Volinder

D. Dub
08-25-2007, 02:36 PM
maybe embed some small razor blades in the new ones :devil:

D. Dub
08-25-2007, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by R!zz0
From the wise words of "Boy George"

And love means nothing in some strange quarters"

And I heard the banging of hearts and fingers
War"!

A BIG FUCK YOU TO GEORGE BUSH.

WTF does that have to do with this thread. You can support the troops w/o supporting the war.

Besides,

Canada has had a long and very successful peace-keeping role in the world since long before GWB's imperialism

VWEvo
08-25-2007, 03:05 PM
you can also get them online a bit cheaper

https://www3.cfpsa.com/wyn/en/generalPublic/shoplist_e.asp?uid=729360&location=&dept=6

Also there's a store on the base in edmonton which is the same prices as online, the calgary barracks are a bit more expensive.

Thanks for that link, i just made an order of a few items!!!

Thaco
08-28-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by VWEvo

Thanks for that link, i just made an order of a few items!!! :thumbsup:

HondaRice
08-28-2007, 01:58 PM
yeah the other day i saw a sticker

support our troops- bring them home

em2ab
10-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die." - Black Eyed Peas

teggypimp95
10-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by em2ab

I believe thats linken park

BerserkerCatSplat
10-04-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by em2ab

Congratulations! You've brought a thread back from the dead with a dumb quote - and credited it to the wrong band!

You actually failed at failing - and that's not a double negative!

em2ab
10-04-2007, 01:46 PM
haha ya, it is Linkin Park. I got 2 bands on my MP3 player and picked the wrong one. I thought it was kind of funny, apparently you found it quite upsetting.

ninjak84
10-04-2007, 05:56 PM
^^ If you think that's bad, wait until these losers see you repost.

I'm convinced some of you tools are only alive to use this icon : :repost:

ps: Stealing support items is pathetic.

googe
10-04-2007, 06:13 PM
those ribbons are bullshit.

"[...] the point of public relations slogans like "Support Our Troops" is that they don't mean anything [...] that's the whole point of good propaganda. You want to create a slogan that nobody is gonna be against and I suppose everybody will be for, because nobody knows what it means, because it doesn't mean anything. But its crucial value is that it diverts your attention from a question that does mean something, do you support our policy? And that's the one you're not allowed to talk about."

if you lost a loved one over there and dont believe in the war, youre the last person that should have one on your car. you might think you mean supporting the troops without supporting the war, but that isnt what those are for. youre definitely sending the wrong message by having one.

that said, people shouldnt be taking them.

infamous
10-04-2007, 06:19 PM
since this thread keeps getting bumped, i figured i'd add my two cents.....my beliefs are in the bumper sticker i seen on the back of a car the other day in traffic.

IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS.....

FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM

:rofl: