PDA

View Full Version : To all you street racers

B18C
06-29-2003, 01:11 AM
Slow the fuck down on Deerfoot! I was driving my girlfriend home and I have never seen so many dumb shits on the road at one time. I was on Deerfoot for a total of probably 20 min and saw 3 close calls. The streets are not your personal race track.

Take it to the track before you kill someone.

rage2
06-29-2003, 01:19 AM
Deerfoot is nuts. There's a mix of slow drivers (70km/h in middle lanes) and fast drivers (130+ weaving through traffic) that makes it so horrifying. Add trucks into the equation and it's stone chip city. There seems to be no traffic enforcement there other than the occasional photo radar, which makes everyone slam on their brakes down to 80km/h... so tailgaters get close calls. Then there's the idiots who miss their turnoffs and back up on Deerfoot to get to their exits. And you wonder why there's a bad accident there daily :).

I try to avoid Deerfoot as much as possible, but it's the only way to race city :(.

5.9 R/T
06-29-2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by rage2

I try to avoid Deerfoot as much as possible, but it's the only way to race city :(.

Crowchild - Glenmore - 52nd (I belive that is the road)

But goddamn that would take forever.

DonJuan
06-29-2003, 01:35 AM
Actually Crowchild south, glenmore east, barlow south, and like 114 or sumthin? i'm not sure on the last turn. Nice road goin down there too, till it goes to shit like 5 mins outside race city

FiveFreshFish
06-29-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

Crowchild - Glenmore - 52nd (I belive that is the road)

But goddamn that would take forever.

I've taken 16 Ave eastbound and then south on 52 St or 68 St (I can't remember which one).

rage2
06-29-2003, 01:44 AM
lemme rephrase... fast way to race city :).

Those other routes suck ass in traffic... damn trucks!

Seanith
06-29-2003, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by rage2
lemme rephrase... fast way to race city :).

Those other routes suck ass in traffic... damn trucks!

haha everyone is giving you all these alternative routes..lol good shit!

RiceCake
06-29-2003, 11:04 AM
Damn I take deerfoot daily... damn road's taking a beating to my car :(

Good thing I usually take the corolla on there... Anyone care to see what daily driving on deerfoot does to cars? Take a look at my Corolla :eek:

tegdream
06-29-2003, 03:27 PM
on friday nie (early sat)...i was travelling on deerfoot at what u guys mite call "fast"...and just before i exited...a red SVT lightening flew....by me at...i swear prolly like 200....stupid yes...no one on the road really cept me n that guy....cept the fag was on the phone the whole time :thumbsdow

eur0
06-29-2003, 03:48 PM
i was cruising on deerfoot yesturday and this fag in his camaro was riding my tail for so long in the far right lane, i was getting fucking annoyed...this guy was mega white trash complete with his 80's pos camaro, stained beater and the infamous sexy mullet flapping in the wind. :guns:

ninspeed
06-29-2003, 05:04 PM
Thats nothing, comeing out of race city on friday night, some guy tried to pass gpomp and i, in his TL... we waited till he was right bescide us, then gave him a nice 2nd gear pull :D.. needless to say he had to slam on the brakes and get behind us...

What posses a guy to try and pass on a double yellow IN the city??

Mckenzie
06-29-2003, 05:28 PM
84th street is notorious for the passing on double yellow. When I took that road a few years a go to work everyone was doing it so I thought I could too.... and I will admit that I did it a few times.....but I have smartened up since then.... and since seeing carnage on the trans-canada a few times a I think that is pretty dumb.

At least all the traffic on deerfoot is going in one direction.

gpomp
06-29-2003, 06:25 PM
Yeah, I hate people that try to pass me on a double yellow. WTF was that TL driver thinking? I just turned out of race city and I was getting up to speed and I see that jackass try to pass me in the other lane. He must've thought his TL was faster than my DX or something. :dunno: :banghead:

Super_Geo
06-29-2003, 06:35 PM
Ah, reckless drivers usually get what's coming to them. Either they injure or kill themselves. As long as they don't hurt anyone else, I say let natural selection take its course.

B18C
06-30-2003, 12:29 AM
Yeah but all too often innocent bystanders get hurt.

FarmBoy
07-01-2003, 03:03 PM
Yeah...that was the right thing to do :rolleyes: :banghead:

Originally posted by ninspeed
Thats nothing, comeing out of race city on friday night, some guy tried to pass gpomp and i, in his TL... we waited till he was right bescide us, then gave him a nice 2nd gear pull :D

CRXguy
07-01-2003, 03:30 PM
Thats nothing, comeing out of race city on friday night, some guy tried to pass gpomp and i, in his TL... we waited till he was right bescide us, then gave him a nice 2nd gear pull :D.. needless to say he had to slam on the brakes and get behind us...

What posses a guy to try and pass on a double yellow IN the city??

Originally posted by gpomp
Yeah, I hate people that try to pass me on a double yellow. WTF was that TL driver thinking? I just turned out of race city and I was getting up to speed and I see that jackass try to pass me in the other lane. He must've thought his TL was faster than my DX or something. :dunno: :banghead:

Originally posted by FarmBoy
Yeah...that was the right thing to do :rolleyes: :banghead:

Maybe you should quote the whole post! :rolleyes: The guy in the TL is the IDIOT, who the hell passes on a double yellow in the city? :nut: :rolleyes:

RGAGT
07-01-2003, 04:25 PM
And what does people driving like idiots on deerfoot have to do with street racing ? People drive like that on deerfoot all the time :banghead:

Abom
07-01-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
Yeah, I hate people that try to pass me on a double yellow.

Not to mention it's illegal. If you would do that in Europe, they would more than likely suspend your license for about 12 months, and you'd get a fine going into the thousands of dollars.

we waited till he was right bescide us, then gave him a nice 2nd gear pull :D.. needless to say he had to slam on the brakes and get behind us...

By the way, that's illegal too, whether or not he was crossing a double yellow line.

method
07-01-2003, 06:00 PM
I hate deerfoot... plain and simple.

DonJuan
07-01-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

Maybe you should quote the whole post! :rolleyes: The guy in the TL is the IDIOT, who the hell passes on a double yellow in the city? :nut: :rolleyes:

I DO!:clap: But on the right side, and when I'm the only one on the road and there isn't anyone to pass:nut: I'm crazy like that:rofl: :rolleyes:

FarmBoy
07-04-2003, 05:03 PM
Oh, so that makes it alright. Instead of one person (TL guy)endangering his life as well as innocent people in the opposing lane, you put your life at risk as well as increasing his chance of getting in an accident with opposing traffic. Good logic :rolleyes:

Originally posted by CRXguy

Maybe you should quote the whole post! The guy in the TL is the IDIOT, who the hell passes on a double yellow in the city?

Abom
07-04-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by FarmBoy
Oh, so that makes it alright. Instead of one person (TL guy)endangering his life as well as innocent people in the opposing lane, you put your life at risk as well as increasing his chance of getting in an accident with opposing traffic. Good logic :rolleyes:

:werd: And as I said, stepping on it when someone is trying to pass you in an oncomming traffic lane (whether they're doing it legally over a hashed yellow line OR illegally over a double yellow line) is illegal and comes with a pretty hefy fine. Also VERY dangerous.

I once nearly got nailed head on (a long while ago) because someone was being an asshole and stepped on it when another car tried to pass him. I hate assholes that do that :thumbsdow

Scat
07-05-2003, 04:11 PM
I think he had every right to step on the gas. The asshole in the 3.2 tl had no right to do that. It teaches him a lesson.

I myself would let someone like that pass to avoid an accident, but ninspeed probably did the right thing. I doubt that guy in the tl will try it again.

freeeked
07-05-2003, 06:09 PM
I am not sure it is illegal to step on it when someone is trying to pass (as long as you don't exceed the speed limit). Don't get me wrong, it is probably a bad idea to screw with someone like that but it is way to tempting when people are idiots.

Abom
07-05-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by freeeked
I am not sure it is illegal to step on it when someone is trying to pass (as long as you don't exceed the speed limit). Don't get me wrong, it is probably a bad idea to screw with someone like that but it is way to tempting when people are idiots.

Yep, it is illegal, whether you pass the speed limit or not. While not enforced AS much here in Alberta, I can tell that in Nova Scotia it's enforced quite often, and those fines aren't cheap. And in Europe, if you're caught doing that, it's automatic license suspension and an astronomical fine.

It's uncool to do as well, simply because it's terribly dangerous. If he, for example, were to hit an oncoming car (say the road was a little curvy or a car pulled onto to road from a cross road), and some people in the oncomming car got badly hurt or even died. Can you justify the death/injuries of those innocent people because you were "teaching that asshole a lesson" ?

And even IF you do it, it doesn't mean jack-all. The person who tried to do it probably won't even get the message that he's not supposed to do that. Same when you give people the finger, they don't know what they're doing wrong. One time a friend of mine was reading a novel (yes, a novel) in the car while driving down Deerfoot. I asked her "ummmmm, that's kind of illegal and dangerous you know", and she replied "what is?". People who do those moronic maneuvers in their cars, most of the time, don't even realize they're doing anything wrong.

mad_psyentist
07-07-2003, 07:33 AM
Reading a novel? Oh lord help us. Meanwhile, as cops are pulling over some guy for having white signal lights, little Jane Bookworm is drivin' around reading her book behind the wheel, or Ditsy Blonde is too busy primping her hair to realize she's drifiting through lanes and cutting people off, or Joe. Businessman is so engrossed in yelling at whoevers on his cell phone that he misses his exit, pulls to a stop on deerfoot and reverses down the shoulder to make his exit. There is no justice in this world...

B17a
07-07-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by mad_psyentist
Joe. Businessman is so engrossed in yelling at whoevers on his cell phone that he misses his exit, pulls to a stop on deerfoot and reverses down the shoulder to make his exit.

Actually that was some woman who did that, unless you're generalizing, but an idiot nonetheless.:thumbsdow

mad_psyentist
07-07-2003, 08:03 AM
Ya know... I think Deerfoot is just a gigantic magnet for idiotic drivers who put the rest of us good drivers in danger. I rarely chance my car on that road unless I need to get to like Country Hills or something. Mac Trail all the way. Granted, there's still idiots on that one too, but at least they're 'generally' going slower.

B17a
07-07-2003, 08:20 AM
Ya know... I think Deerfoot is just a gigantic magnet for idiotic drivers who put the rest of us good drivers in danger. I rarely chance my car on that road unless I need to get to like Country Hills or something. Mac Trail all the way. Granted, there's still idiots on that one too, but at least they're 'generally' going slower.

The biggest magnet for stupidity has to be mall parking lots! Or even more specifically, grocery store parking lots. I think most people have seen enough that no further explanation is necessary!

Abom
07-07-2003, 10:41 AM
Reading a novel? Oh lord help us. Meanwhile, as cops are pulling over some guy for having white signal lights, little Jane Bookworm is drivin' around reading her book behind the wheel, or Ditsy Blonde is too busy primping her hair to realize she's drifiting through lanes and cutting people off, or Joe. Businessman is so engrossed in yelling at whoevers on his cell phone that he misses his exit, pulls to a stop on deerfoot and reverses down the shoulder to make his exit. There is no justice in this world...

:werd:

frostyda9
07-07-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by B17a

The biggest magnet for stupidity has to be mall parking lots! Or even more specifically, grocery store parking lots. I think most people have seen enough that no further explanation is necessary!

You're more likely to have an accident in a paring lot than on the open roads. What pisses me off is when people have a whole open parking lot to drive across yet they all drive 7 feet behind where you are parked. There's a 7-11 on Elbow just south of Anderson that is the worst for this I have ever seen.

mad_psyentist
07-08-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by frostyda9

You're more likely to have an accident in a paring lot than on the open roads. What pisses me off is when people have a whole open parking lot to drive across yet they all drive 7 feet behind where you are parked. There's a 7-11 on Elbow just south of Anderson that is the worst for this I have ever seen.

Or... you pare WAY the hell out in BFE where there are NO CARS and some old woman in a wood-paneled ocean liner has to park RIGHT BESIDE YOU. :guns: