PDA

View Full Version : Studying For The LSAT

cressida_pimpin
08-24-2007, 02:25 PM
I have just started studying for the LSAT which I am taking in February. So far I've got the "Princeton Review" study guide which really seems to be helpful. It has six practice tests that I plan to do within the next month. In addition to that, I'm ordering the ten most previous LSAT exams which I will complete before February. I'm wondering if there is anything else I can/should do to prepare. For those that are also studying for it or have taken it, any study tips? Any useful input is very appreciated.

Thanks

2002civic
08-24-2007, 02:31 PM
Timed practice exams work well, then you can see what areas you need work on

cressida_pimpin
08-26-2007, 11:49 AM
yea I'm definitely going to do some timed tests! any other suggestions or does anyone have old practice LSAT's sitting around?

rjessa
08-30-2007, 03:37 PM
Dude,

get a public library card and borrow all the LSAT books that have tests on CD ROM.

I did that and it works great (also you can try and make a backup disk just in case you want to try the test again)

cressida_pimpin
08-30-2007, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by rjessa
Dude,

get a public library card and borrow all the LSAT books that have tests on CD ROM.

I did that and it works great (also you can try and make a backup disk just in case you want to try the test again)

Yea I'll have to do that. Thanks!

Hakkola
08-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Where are you taking it? I need to take it as well. :thumbsup:

cressida_pimpin
08-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
Where are you taking it? I need to take it as well. :thumbsup:

I'm taking it at the UofC. Just out of curiosity, where did you go to Uni. and whats your degree? What law schools are you applying to? I'm always interested in hearing other people's backgrounds.

I'm hoping that I can hold my 3.7 while I finish off my degree or admission to most schools will be tough.

Hakkola
08-30-2007, 07:06 PM
Long list of employment history, army service etc... I'll be applying pretty much everywhere, in Europe as well. I won't be finished my degree for another 2yrs, (I'm at UofC), I'm hoping to get early admission into law, if I don't I'll change my degree... I'm in general studies, minor in Canadian studies.

Yeah, 3.7 would be good to have, that's what I've been pulling the past couple semesters, I need to get 4.0 this semester. :D I think I read the average minimum GPA for admission was around 3.5, with good LSAT's and employment history and volunteer work it is a lot easier to get in.

cressida_pimpin
08-30-2007, 07:22 PM
A 3.5 would be cutting it really close. However, some of the top law schools may even consider people with a 3.4 GPA. BUT the lower your GPA the higher your LSAT has to be. Someone with a 3.4 GPA who is applying to UofT might have to be in the 99th percentile on the LSAT. A 3.7 and a 160 will get you into most commonlaw schools.