PDA

View Full Version : White prelude on deerfoot...

Spoons
08-24-2007, 02:40 PM
Alright, I am being a huge hypocrite for complaining, as usually I'm not the one to do so on here, but I was having a terrible day as is, and this made it worse.

To the white prelude with the body kit on deer foot, you were wearing a pink shirt and you were with your girlfriend. First of all props to a clean looking car... but because it's clean looking does that mean you have to FUCKING DRIVE IT LIKE A GRANDMA? You took the fucking ramp off from memorial doing 25, while everyone was behind you pretty pissed off. Then going down deer foot you continued to do 70. Yes the speed limit is only 80 cause of construction, BUT THAT MEANS YOU DO 80!

I'm sorry guys, honestly, I just had a shitty day and wanted to vent ;)

Daan
08-24-2007, 02:43 PM
this goes to show PMS happens to men also

joke aside, hope for a better day and a nicer weekend bud

Spoons
08-24-2007, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Daan

joke aside, hope for a better day and a nicer weekend bud

lol that one put a smile on my face hahah

TomcoPDR
08-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Daan

haha true that, +1 for hissy fits

VetteRacin
08-25-2007, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Spoons
Then going down deer foot you continued to do 70. Yes the speed limit is only 80 cause of construction, BUT THAT MEANS YOU DO 80!

I'm not trying to be an ass here but in reality the speed limit is what it says, the limit under ideal road conditions it does not mean you have to be doing that speed, sry about your bad day, hopefully it turns out better for the next few.

Antonito
08-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by VetteRacin

I'm not trying to be an ass here but in reality the speed limit is what it says, the limit under ideal road conditions it does not mean you have to be doing that speed, sry about your bad day, hopefully it turns out better for the next few.

Cops can give tickets if you are going too slow, as it is dangerous with other traffic expecting to be going the speed limit. And "because my paint is mad tight yo" ain't going to get you out of that one :D

Spoons
08-25-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Antonito

Cops can give tickets if you are going too slow, as it is dangerous with other traffic expecting to be going the speed limit. And "because my paint is mad tight yo" ain't going to get you out of that one :D

Exactly. It wasn't raining or anything. It was perfect and it wasn't backed up. The only reason why is was kinda getting congested was this dick face going slow. I would like to think that more accidents happen on deerfoot with people driving ridiculously slow.

The famous words of my one driving instructor was, "Don't as k your tester how much over or under he allows for the speed limit. The speed limit is the limit." If you are under by 10km/h on a road test, they will fail you.

illeagle
08-25-2007, 06:14 PM
Maybe his Vtec wasn't working?:dunno:

Afrodeziak
08-25-2007, 06:20 PM
perhaps that was top speed in his rocket ? lol

HiTempguy1
08-25-2007, 06:41 PM
Must be cause he was wearing a pink shirt... I wonder if he has come out of the closet yet and/or if his gf knows :rofl:

tictactoe2004
08-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1
Must be cause he was wearing a pink shirt... I wonder if he has come out of the closet yet and/or if his gf knows :rofl:

It's not pink, it's salmon... get with the times

lol, jk :)

SilverBoost
08-26-2007, 01:14 AM
finally a rant about someone going too slow. I feel ya.

I was on the onramp to deerfoot today coming from country hills.... behind a truck... you can clearly see the speed limit sign at the end of the onramp is 110. This is actually a really long onramp as you all know, but do you think that this guy even attempted to get up to speed? Nope. So instead of getting up to speed and merging into traffic gracefully, I had to merge in at almost half the limit. In case people don't know, you're suppose to get up to speed to merge into traffic. Not slow down to a crawl and hope someone will brake for you in the closest lane. :guns:

But I digress as nothing surprises me any longer around here.

scat19
08-27-2007, 05:36 PM
Nice car + bad roads = slow

I hate it when people in there reg cars get mad at me for slowing down for nasty bump in road construction or somewhere that is bumpy that you know of

Spoons
08-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by scat19

I hate it when people in there reg cars get mad at me for slowing down for nasty bump in road construction or somewhere that is bumpy that you know of

It was deerfoot... it has just been repaved...
I don't mind if you slow down for a nasty bump, I used to drive a S10 with a 5-7 Drop, I know bumps, but going 10 under for no reason pisses me off.

88CRX
08-27-2007, 06:34 PM

Werd.

Maybe he thought the pavement drop going onto deerfoot was still there hence why he was driving 10 under the limit.

Did you tailgate him while he was doing 10 under?

HondaRice
08-28-2007, 02:04 PM
so he was go 10 under the speed limit in a construction zone? maybe somethign was wrong wit hthe car? maybe the bad roads runined it?

low car, nice car, or basic car doesnt matter, bash someone for speeding , not going a a few k under the speed limit. you dontk now there situation good have problems or the roads are just bad.

That 2 minutes to save getting the shopping mall isnt worth someones life

sputnik
08-28-2007, 02:25 PM
+1 for petty rants about something that didn't matter 30 seconds after it happened.

euro_racer
08-28-2007, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
+1 for petty rants about something that didn't matter 30 seconds after it happened.

:werd:

maybe he was just getting head or something and to be safe decided to drive a bit slower

Super_Geo
08-28-2007, 03:43 PM

Yeah what the fuck is people like that... can't they realize that you drive a BMW and therefore you're not stupid enough to drive through it fast?

Mr_ET
08-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Scat19 always has the best replies:P

I hate it when people in there reg cars get mad at me for slowing down :rofl:

maybe someone should let him know that his car is NOT special and that perhaps if he didn't have windshield tint he would be able to see the road properly and drive traffic speed:dunno:

But seriously here I was expecting the OP to say this guy was driving like a maniac with his gf in the car not too slow.

Slow drivers annoy me too from time to time but at least this guy was not putting your life at risk and that is really the important part here.

Spoons
08-28-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

Werd.

Maybe he thought the pavement drop going onto deerfoot was still there hence why he was driving 10 under the limit.

Did you tailgate him while he was doing 10 under?

God no... I hate tailgaters. No he was simply just going 10 under on deerfoot. The ramp maybe was questionable, and I could understand maybe that much, but this was simply just on deerfoot, no transition around, and the car wasn't that low as is. I drove faster than that with a 5/7 drop S10 and that thing I could push down on the rear and have it bottom out. If you are going to lower your car, or anything, drive it normally still. If your car is allowing you not to drive the speed limit, then maybe you shouldn't drive it at all. Mods should enhance the look of your car, but not restrict on how well it drives and within the laws.

Slow drivers annoy me too from time to time but at least this guy was not putting your life at risk and that is really the important part here.

Thing is though is he can still cause lots of accidents by driving to slow. It's not as dangerous, but still unsafe.

windshield tint he would be able to see the road properly and drive traffic speed

Werd, scat19 I don't even know why you post about unsafe driving, etc. If I remember correctly you would drive around without your lights off at night AND a tinted front windshield. Thats not unsafe driving, thats just fuckin retarded.

Mr_ET
08-29-2007, 07:59 AM
Hey he drives a BMW so he's not stupid:rofl:

anhthanh
08-30-2007, 09:08 PM
hey i just broswing and it seems like ur talking abt me sorrie abt that , i drive slow at certain places casue my car bottoms out. if i remeber thier was still unpaved area with a lil bump on memorial headin on to deerfoot. im not sure if iwas doing 70 on deerfoot but im usually doing the speed limit unless raod is bad casue i only have 1 merit left so very carefull abt speedin. my front rims are bent due to bumps on deerfoot it bottom reallie hard one time when they were paving and for some reason they didn't have those orange bumpy road warning sign up at the time so im very cautious now days. not trying to piss any driver off driving slow at times but need to take care of my car until i get better suspension last owner setup is just garbage. also my car came modded wasn't aware of the carppy suspension after a few days when i drove over a bump.

"Mods should enhance the look of your car, but not restrict on how well it drives and within the laws" - i agree with u, that why im taking care of my problem soon. gonna get new suspension setup so it doesn't bounce around.

anhthanh
08-30-2007, 11:17 PM
btw just want to know wat day it was?? becasue i remember wearing my pink shirt last week friday it could be then when my g/f just got her tits enlarge which she was still in pain and very sensitive to bumps on the road maybe taht why i was going 70 on deerfoot ( should of been around 2 30 ish pm) if not then can't find any other reason why i would do 70 since speed was reduce to 80

Spoons
08-31-2007, 12:19 AM
I'm glad you're getting your problem fixed and if you were going 70 because your gf's tits were sore, well, I'm not even going to go there. :rofl:

Simply put I was just already having a bad day, but normally It wouldn't piss me off enough to bitch about it on beyond. I hope the car goes well and like I said above, it looks really clean :D