PDA

View Full Version : Whats your Body Type?

Pages : [1] 2

JAYMEZ
08-24-2007, 03:55 PM
I thought it would be a great idea to cross post some threads that have helped my work out...

About Body Types

Here is the info on how to train for the three different body types. If you you are somewhere in between two body types and recomendations would be a middle approach.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3d.jpg

Endomorph

An Endomorph's biggest concern should be the losing of fat and adopting a lifestyle that keeps it off. Strength training should be done to get a better muscle to fat ratio and therefore improve metabolism. Use moderate weights at a fast training pace (very little rest between sets and exercises). You should lower your calorie intake (but not try to starve yourself) and should eat frequent but small meals. Sugars, sweets and junk food should be eliminated from your diet. Engage daily in some activity like brisk walking, biking, etc., and try to increase the amount of time you spend each week.

Mesomorph

A Mesomorph has a naturally fit body but to maintain it or improve it they should exercise and diet corretly for their type. Strength training can be done more often and for longer sessions then would be good for an Ectomorph, but you must still be carefull not to overdo it. You should train with moderate to heavy weighs and at a moderate pace, not resting too long between sets. You will find you gain muscle quite easy (some women and even men might not want to get too bulky, but this won't happen suddenly. When you are happy with your muscle size simply train to maintain it). Stick to a good healthy diet to keep you lean and muscular, and watch for any slow creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, sports, etc. but do not overdo.

Ectomorph

Ectomorphs should concentrate on gaining weight in the form of good lean muscle tissue (some women that are too thin may also want to put on a little fat to look more feminine). Weight training should be done but not too often or for too long each session. Weight should be fairly heavy and workout pace slower (longer rest periods between sets). Diet should be high in calories (good quality food not junk) and you should eat more then you're used to and often. Aerobic and other activities (sports, dancing, etc.) should be kept to a minimum, at least until you are happy with your weight and looks.

The three body types are further described below.

ECTOMORPH

fragile
thin
flat chest
delicate build
young appearance
tall
lightly muscled
stoop-shouldered
large brain
Has trouble gaining weight.
muscle growth takes longer.

MESOMORPH

athletic
hard, muscular body
overly mature appearance
rectangular shaped (hourglass shaped for women)
thick skin
upright posture
gains or loses weight easily
grows muscle quickly.

ENDOMORPH

soft body
flabby
underdeveloped muscles
round shaped
over-developed digestive system
trouble losing weight
generally gains muscle easily.

CONCLUSIONS

When you know which type you are (or which mixture) and diet and exercise correctly for that type, you will make much better progress.

While some women may think that Kate Moss is the ideal, from a fitness view point she really isn't. And many women who tend to be endomorphic will save themselves much suffering by not striving to change themselves into ectomorphs, it's not going to happen. Conversly a true ectomorph who wishes to be a Sumo wrestler would also be in for a big disappointment.

Your goal should be to look as close as possible to (or stay looking like) a mesomorph. With the correct exercise and diet this can be attainable, and while you may be a bit upset that you have to work hard to look good while the true mesomorph looks that way naturally, at least you will still be fit and look good. And even the mesomorph will find as he/she gets older that some exercise and diet is needed if they want to continue to look good and be fit.

Click here for a great page for learning even more about body types. Your body type may even describe your personality! Learn more at this link.

Paul Becker is a natural (steroid free for life) bodybuilder and fitness consultant. He is the author of many books and courses on training and diet, the most popular of which is his book "Truly Huge". For more information visit his website at http://www.trulyhuge.com

Feel free to add.

Trini
08-24-2007, 03:57 PM
I would fall into the Ectomorph group I would think.

ZorroAMG
08-24-2007, 05:24 PM
40%Ecto and 60%Meso.

Jlude
08-24-2007, 05:38 PM
just checked this out yesterday.... gettin' ready to start a new routine.

Great information!

Hakkola
08-24-2007, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
40%Ecto and 60%Meso.

How did you find out what percentage? Educated guess or is there some actual calculation you can do?

I find that I fall inbetween the two, and that I get the best results if I train 5 or 6 days straight and then take 2 or 3 days off.

Canmorite
08-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Ecto...

1-Bar
08-24-2007, 06:31 PM
Ecto/Meso :thumbsup:

Darkane
08-24-2007, 07:28 PM
Endo's unite! Although I look Mesoesk I'm a true endo. I can put on the weight in no time flat If I want haha.

ecstasy_civic
08-24-2007, 11:17 PM
100% meso, good post for new lifters:thumbsup:

The Cosworth
08-24-2007, 11:24 PM
probably 70% endo and 30% meso

I have the fat overtop and the muscles. It's gay

98type_r
08-27-2007, 02:43 PM
i'm meso with a somewhat endo midsection.

aram1000
08-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Ectomorph

Prolifique
09-04-2007, 11:49 PM
I'd say I'm a MisoBabe w/ some baby fat near em curves.
Gottta Have Em Slight Curves,
PRO, though , is a MESOPROLIFIQ in every sense..
Pro's GF

turbotrip
09-05-2007, 12:11 AM
mesomorph, but dont take advantage of it lol

davidI
09-16-2007, 11:29 AM
Ecto/Meso

95EG6P
01-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Great info:D

j.ng-
01-01-2008, 10:59 PM
very helpful information
ecto 4 life :D

asuth077
01-01-2008, 11:01 PM
Is the hair coloring some sort of stereo-typing?

LinhNguyen
08-19-2008, 10:37 AM
skinyy-ecto-azn :P

swak
05-02-2009, 05:50 PM
ecto/meso.
Skinny, but built.

KRyn
05-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Ecto! :(
Man I wish I was meso...

se7en
05-02-2009, 11:42 PM
all meso guys....I lift two weights, and my shirts stop fitting right....

I find that as I get older, it can be harder to keep my 6-pack...

the 30's are a bitch...

anschutz_92
05-03-2009, 02:22 AM
I'm ectomorph.

F5kyLine
05-28-2009, 04:23 PM
Mesomorph

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
08-07-2009, 12:23 PM
Mostly meso morph, but closer to the ecto side as well.

swak
11-07-2009, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
Mostly meso morph, but closer to the ecto side as well.

x2, pretty skinny, but pretty built.

Pollywog
11-07-2009, 02:28 AM
meso/endo here.

prae
11-07-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm definitely an endo. Take a few years off from training and BLAMMO obesity strikes :cry:.

Avoiding junk foods, exercising regularly keeps me looking meso.

TurboD
11-07-2009, 11:30 AM
ecto through and through.

Pollywog
11-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by TurboD
ecto through and through.

Lol, don't take this offensively but for whatever reason I pictured you as a big fat dude. Probably just because of your old avatar though, haha.

Alterac
11-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Meso here.. suprising.. for an IT guy :D haha.

bourge73
11-07-2009, 12:57 PM
I am just like that can build muscle really fast gain and lose weight fast, total meso. (although I drink to much beer) :(

TurboD
11-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Pollywog

Lol, don't take this offensively but for whatever reason I pictured you as a big fat dude. Probably just because of your old avatar though, haha.

you might have the wrong guy, i've never had an avatar.

150lbs

http://www.modelexis.com/beyond/contest/DSCF2320.jpg

A790
11-07-2009, 02:03 PM

150lbs

You should NEVER be giving muscle building advice unless you build some of your own.

bourge73
11-07-2009, 02:28 PM
wanna know how I know your gay? post a half nude pic of yourself on a male dominated website.....

TurboD
11-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by bourge73
wanna know how I know your gay? post a half nude pic of yourself on a male dominated website.....

the picture was for a thread in the fitness section for the most improved body in 3 months.
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/279486/contest-best-improved-body-in-3-months-win-sport-chek-gift-card/

and @ A790

Why not back up your claim with a quote.
I challenge you to find a quote where I am instructing someone how to build muscle and telling them that I have big muscles myself.
If you can't I think you need to apologize for that claim.

By your logic, every personal trainer must be a 300lb bodybuilder.

It's the internet, there is no law that I cannot give advice.

cannondale1
11-07-2009, 03:30 PM
yeah turbod, if that is in fact you in the pic, you got no business posting bodybuilding advice anywhere.

TurboD
11-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by cannondale1
yeah turbod, if that is in fact you in the pic, you got no business posting bodybuilding advice anywhere.

refer to my post above,
find a quote where I am giving body building advice.

To post in the political forum you must be a member of parliament as well.
and to post in the photography thread you must be a 20 yr professional photographer

You guys really need to stop judging other people and look at yourselves.

I'm feeling a little attacked right now, and I would ask that you use some humility before you make claims about posts that do not exist.

scary_perry
11-07-2009, 03:46 PM
I am a xenomorph

I EAT YOUR BABIES

Pollywog
11-07-2009, 04:09 PM

150lbs

You're right, my bad. I was thinking of heavyD.

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy345/Ogpogo/Picture17.png

TurboD
11-07-2009, 04:10 PM
lol

A790
11-07-2009, 04:46 PM

the picture was for a thread in the fitness section for the most improved body in 3 months.
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/279486/contest-best-improved-body-in-3-months-win-sport-chek-gift-card/

and @ A790

Why not back up your claim with a quote.
I challenge you to find a quote where I am instructing someone how to build muscle and telling them that I have big muscles myself.
If you can't I think you need to apologize for that claim.

By your logic, every personal trainer must be a 300lb bodybuilder.

It's the internet, there is no law that I cannot give advice.
Apology? Feeling a little self-righteous are we?

Tell you what: give me a valid reason to apologize and I will gladly do so. Until then, myself (and others) will gladly call you out for being the all-talker that you are. You talk a lot of game in the weight forums on beyond, and then you post a picture of a 150lb kid. Sorry bud, but what gives you any crediblity?

And do start with the "I never tried to do YADDA YADDA YADDA" bullshit because it takes someone with a minute of spare time to find numerous quotes to discredit that statement, including my all time favorite turboDism below:

leave the monkey chinups to the monkeys and leave the normal chinups to the real men
There's no law preventing you from giving "advice", but that doesn't mean that you should be doing so. When I go see a trainer about powerlifting, you bet your ass I expect them to have plenty of muscle attached to their frames. When I see a trainer about body building, you bet your ass I expect them to be jacked. You know why? Because it means they practice what they preach!

'Nuff said, or should I continue?

TurboD
11-07-2009, 04:57 PM
Why don't you continue.

You posted a quote about monkey chinups.
I thought we were talking about power lifting and weight lifting.
NOT MONKEY FUCKING CHINUPS.

I have 4 years experience as a gymnast and have competed at a provincial level in my younger years, I know a thing or two about Kip movements and the like.

Are you claiming that monkey chinups causes you to become 300lbs and have 20 inch arms?

Look at my fucking body, I have the perfect frame for advice on chinups and kips.
These are not bulk building movements.

I still think you need to apologize to me.
You have not posted a quote where I am claiming to be a muscle monster or am giving weight lifting advice.

Chinups? give me a fucking break.

Search youtube and look at what type of body the people doing monkey chinups have,

I have every right to put forth my experience with kip movements and building muscle using that method.

Every right.

On the high bar kip to support and then pull straight bodied to support and after 10 of each you tell me what is going to build muscle better.

The kip movement is a gymnastics movement, jay cutler didn't get big with the monkey kip, nor did any other pro builder.
A power lifter may find the movement useful, but the movement belongs to gymnastics.

Graham_A_M
11-07-2009, 05:07 PM
<-- Definitely meso here. :)

A790
11-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Why don't you continue.

You posted a quote about monkey chinups.
I thought we were talking about power lifting and weight lifting.
NOT MONKEY FUCKING CHINUPS.

I have 4 years experience as a gymnast and have competed at a provincial level in my younger years, I know a thing or two about Kip movements and the like.

Are you claiming that monkey chinups causes you to become 300lbs and have 20 inch arms?

Look at my fucking body, I have the perfect frame for advice on chinups and kips.
These are not bulk building movements.

I still think you need to apologize to me.
You have not posted a quote where I am claiming to be a muscle monster or am giving weight lifting advice.

Chinups? give me a fucking break.

Search youtube and look at what type of body the people doing monkey chinups have,

I have every right to put forth my experience with kip movements and building muscle using that method.

Every right.

On the high bar kip to support and then pull straight bodied to support and after 10 of each you tell me what is going to build muscle better.

The kip movement is a gymnastics movement, jay cutler didn't get big with the monkey kip, nor did any other pro builder.
A power lifter may find the movement useful, but the movement belongs to gymnastics.
Actually, my original post says that you shouldn't be posting any muscle building advice until you have built some muscle of your own. I don't see how you can disagree with that. I simply used that quote because it showcases your myopic viewpoints.

Oh, and don't stay up waiting on that apology, as your attitude says it all. :) Tell ya what though, if you want to continue to duke it out let's do so via PM :D

Pollywog
11-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Holy fuck, stay on topic - who gives a shit what he looks like.

ZorroAMG
11-07-2009, 05:20 PM
I dunno, you talk like you are the master of the chin up, turbo D but the proper chin up will build good biceps AS WELL as lats. Where are yours?

TurboD
11-07-2009, 05:25 PM
anyone else wanna take a stab at an insult?

ZorroAMG
11-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Not really insulting you. Re-read your self-proclaimed "I are t3h awesomeness at chinups" post a few up from mine.

It was begging for those kinds of comments. Don't get all emo on us.

TurboD
11-07-2009, 05:45 PM
The funny thing about how stupid you are is this zorro:

You talk about building muscle with resistance exercises and then you don't understand why my 150lbs of resistance doesn't build heaps of muscle with chinups....

Pollywog
11-07-2009, 05:45 PM
^^ Doesn't sound like he's acting emo, it sounds like you hopped on an already well-ridden bandwagon.

A790
11-07-2009, 06:04 PM
BAH BAH BAH I'm sorry I derailed the thread.

Back on topic? :)

swak
11-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by A790

Actually, my original post says that you shouldn't be posting any muscle building advice until you have built some muscle of your own. I don't see how you can disagree with that.

I actually disagree with that. Not to flame, or be sticking up for TurboD, for many reasons, but i have a really hard time gaining mass, and know a hell of a lot more about it, and the procedures, proper form, proper eating habits, proper workout routines for each goal, etc.
Just because im 140lbs, does that mean i know nothing about what i just said? No.
Just because some jacked kid in the gym is a personal trainer, does that mean hes deans list on personal training knowledge? Definitely Not!! Genetics?

Ive taken many Kines courses, i compete provincially in cycling, and go to the gym pretty effin regularily, and eat my face off, im still 140lbs, don't tell me i dont know about bodybuilding and fitness.

A790
11-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by swak
I actually disagree with that. Not to flame, or be sticking up for TurboD, for many reasons, but i have a really hard time gaining mass, and know a hell of a lot more about it, and the procedures, proper form, proper eating habits, proper workout routines for each goal, etc.

Just because im 140lbs, does that mean i know nothing about what i just said? No.

Just because some jacked kid in the gym is a personal trainer, does that mean hes deans list on personal training knowledge? Definitely Not!! Genetics?

Ive taken many Kines courses, i compete provincially in cycling, and go to the gym pretty effin regularily, and eat my face off, im still 140lbs, don't tell me i dont know about bodybuilding and fitness.
Okay, I'll approach this one.

My good friend Walter is a personal trainer in Ontario. He, like you and I, is an Ectomorph. Walter, at 6'2", is 235 @ 11% during the winter and even leaner in the summer. Over the course of five years I watched him transform his body. He knows what he preaches, and so when he provides instruction I listen.

I'm not saying that you don't know what you're talking about (nor did I ever say that about turboD, either). What I said is that he needs to BUILD some muscle first. It is what will give him credibility, especially considering the way he talks on the forums. I don't see you (swak) spouting BS about how monkey chinups aren't for real men, you know what I mean? :)

swak
11-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Fair Enough.

Thats pretty sick though, ecto at 235, over 5 years!!!

What weight did he start at?

A790
11-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by swak
Fair Enough.

Thats pretty sick though, ecto at 235, over 5 years!!!

What weight did he start at?
180lbs (he had already been working out like mad prior to "getting serious").

Pollywog
11-07-2009, 06:59 PM
I figured it out guys.

All we have to do is engineer a system very much like the one used on the newest toyota prius, where an audible sound is played to alert pedestrians and the like of its presence. If we were to replace this sound with an obscene roar of a v8, perhaps we would get more positive feedback from future buyers/sportscar enthusiasts.

A790
11-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Pollywog
I figured it out guys.

All we have to do is engineer a system very much like the one used on the newest toyota prius, where an audible sound is played to alert pedestrians and the like of its presence. If we were to replace this sound with an obscene roar of a v8, perhaps we would get more positive feedback from future buyers/sportscar enthusiasts.
Hahahahaa wrong thread? :poosie:

Pollywog
11-08-2009, 02:27 AM

Hahahahaa wrong thread? :poosie:

LOL, im an idiot. :banghead:

wintonyk
11-08-2009, 11:05 AM

Okay, I'll approach this one.

My good friend Walter is a personal trainer in Ontario. He, like you and I, is an Ectomorph. Walter, at 6'2&quot;, is 235 @ 11% during the winter and even leaner in the summer. Over the course of five years I watched him transform his body. He knows what he preaches, and so when he provides instruction I listen.

I'm not saying that you don't know what you're talking about (nor did I ever say that about turboD, either). What I said is that he needs to BUILD some muscle first. It is what will give him credibility, especially considering the way he talks on the forums. I don't see you (swak) spouting BS about how monkey chinups aren't for real men, you know what I mean? :)

I will totally agree with this from personal experience. I received my personal training cert at 6 ft and weighing in at a massive 140. The number of clients i could train once let alone many times was very limited. But magically when I worked my way to 185 lbs, people started wanting to sign up. Randos would ask questions. It became evident that what I was teaching people would work. When you are a trainer, the condition you are in is your cover letter.

Sure I had the same knowledge when I was smaller, but no one ever took me seriously.

ZorroAMG
11-08-2009, 07:05 PM
The funny thing about how stupid you are is this zorro:

You talk about building muscle with resistance exercises and then you don't understand why my 150lbs of resistance doesn't build heaps of muscle with chinups....

You are kidding, right? If you are dieting properly and doing proper chins, you would see better growth in the arms.

Stop talking.

Polywog, there was no bandwagon to jump on, just truth.

TurboD
11-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

You are kidding, right? If you are dieting properly and doing proper chins, you would see better growth in the arms.

Proper chinups?, like zorro's patented chinup with your hands on the bar and using your arms to lift your body....
wow, I must be really screwing up my chin ups.

You goof ball.
Since you have no problems making claims with no evidence...I bet you can't even do a chinup.

A790
11-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Okay, fuck. Let's get this thread back on topic k? Thanks.

GQBalla
11-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Ecto definitely

I was 130 pounds coming out of high school
Got to 150 pounds in 2 years
Hovered at 150 till last year when I was 170
Now I'm at 180

Over the past year and a bit is when I really started working out and eating.

Maybe ill post pics in toms thread

ZorroAMG
11-09-2009, 01:45 PM

Proper chinups?, like zorro's patented chinup with your hands on the bar and using your arms to lift your body....
wow, I must be really screwing up my chin ups.

You goof ball.
Since you have no problems making claims with no evidence...I bet you can't even do a chinup.

LOL

Sorry A790, I'll give it a rest.

Criticull
11-09-2009, 02:26 PM
ecto/meso...was 155ish a couple years ago,
now plateau-ing at around 180.

Trying to get to 190, but am probably doing to much cardio and not enough eating.

Crymson
11-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Does anyone have some sort of online quiz, or something that would help me figure out?

TurboD
11-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Crymson
Does anyone have some sort of online quiz, or something that would help me figure out?

answer all these questions (yes or no) and post your results:

ECTOMORPH

fragile
thin
flat chest
delicate build
young appearance
tall
lightly muscled
stoop-shouldered
large brain
Has trouble gaining weight.
muscle growth takes longer.

MESOMORPH

athletic
hard, muscular body
overly mature appearance
rectangular shaped (hourglass shaped for women)
thick skin
upright posture
gains or loses weight easily
grows muscle quickly.

ENDOMORPH

soft body
flabby
underdeveloped muscles
round shaped
over-developed digestive system
trouble losing weight
generally gains muscle easily.

A790
11-09-2009, 02:56 PM

what he said...

Just thought I should add that you need to be brutally honest with yourself. Even if you don't like it.

Crymson
11-09-2009, 03:06 PM

answer all these questions (yes or no) and post your results:

I think i'm a mesomorph who doesn't work out enough. I seem to fit all of that.

What would be good for me?

I was 6'2, 245. But I changed my diet about a year ago and started playing some dodgeball and i'm at about 195 now.

I'm trying to get to look more "built".

I eat about 1750 calories a day, and run about 5 miles eveyr lunch.

A790
11-09-2009, 04:39 PM
I eat about 1750 calories a day, and run about 5 miles eveyr lunch.
Mistakes 1 and 2 right there.

One: eat more. I eat 3,200 calories on non workout days, 3,800 calories on gym days. EAT BROTHA.

Two: Why so much cardio? You'll never bulk up if you burn off all your calories. Stop running so much, hit the iron more. I do cardio once/twice a week when I'm bulking, and 3/4 week when I'm cutting it all off.

Crymson
11-09-2009, 04:50 PM
I guess i'm just really focussed on getting "lean", plus i don't really know how to lift weights. I do lots of situps and pushups though.

A790
11-09-2009, 05:05 PM
I guess i'm just really focussed on getting &quot;lean&quot;, plus i don't really know how to lift weights. I do lots of situps and pushups though.
If you're 195 and over 6ft, you *should* be lean already. Lifting weights is easy: check out my 5 month challenge thread for some helpful insights. A basic 5 x 5 routine for you could be exactly what you're looking for :)

Crymson
11-09-2009, 05:43 PM
I don't know what that means. I read through some of that thread but it's really complicated.

Do you have a link or something that would be good basic stuff to start with? Diet wise, i'm pretty smart - but muscle building techniques, 5,3,1, -- 5x5? It's all mumjo jumbo at this point.

A790
11-09-2009, 06:29 PM
I don't know what that means. I read through some of that thread but it's really complicated.

Do you have a link or something that would be good basic stuff to start with? Diet wise, i'm pretty smart - but muscle building techniques, 5,3,1, -- 5x5? It's all mumjo jumbo at this point.
Read and follow: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=322699

max_boost
11-09-2009, 08:06 PM

This site will answer all your questions.

www.stronglifts.com

Good luck.

Vagabond142
11-14-2009, 02:06 PM
I am such an Endo :\ And this is after shedding 40 lbs this year alone o_O I'm 225 now, target is not a weight loss or gain but a flab loss. I know I'm strong underneath, I just need to lose the blanket covering it XD

urban_chic
01-30-2010, 01:07 AM
5'5" @ 120lbs.. mesomorph =)

flipstah
09-20-2011, 09:25 AM
5'6 165lbs = Endomorph. :(

What that means is, I need to work harder to lose this flab!

Kardon
09-20-2011, 09:35 AM
5'10 been at 140 for about 3 or 4 years, regardless of diet, must be an ecto.

-relk-
09-20-2011, 09:40 AM
5'11 167 now

started at 150, ecto for me

Kloubek
09-20-2011, 09:51 AM
For me, I can break it down in decades. I'm 36, but I'm pretty certain I see a trend for myself:

Age 20: Ectomorph
Age 30: Mesomorph
Age 40: Endomorph

schocker
09-20-2011, 09:52 AM
5'-11" ~170lbs
started at 145lbs last about a year ago, ecto.

Tej.S
11-15-2012, 11:57 PM
Oooo new reply on a very old thread. Don't bash me just cause I'm new. At all the people claiming to be 100% meso, pics or gtfo. Ecto/Meso here.

black13
11-16-2012, 12:24 AM
Fucking ecto's. Two of my friends are like that. Eat whatever the hell they want, pop/double downs/candy and they are thin.

I'm a life long Endo and man you either gotta bulk up and do heavy weights or you cut like crazy to look fit.

Neil4Speed
11-16-2012, 09:12 AM
I think I'm an Ecto, but always had a propensity to hold fat around my core.

Meh, at least I have a "large brain"

zipdoa
11-19-2012, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
For me, I can break it down in decades. I'm 36, but I'm pretty certain I see a trend for myself:

Age 20: Ectomorph
Age 30: Mesomorph
Age 40: Endomorph

lol. you don't change body types, you just gain weight.

dj_patm
11-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Ecto.

Impossible for me to gain weight and it's extremely frustrating. Any time I eat past feeling full, I start to feel really sick.

146 at 5'10.

A790
11-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by dj_patm
Ecto.

Impossible for me to gain weight and it's extremely frustrating. Any time I eat past feeling full, I start to feel really sick.

146 at 5'10.
Big lifts, lift heavy, eat solid. I was a hardgainer for most of my life too.

zipdoa
11-19-2012, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by dj_patm
Ecto.

146 at 5'10.

space more meals out throughout the day. don't try and cram 1500 cals in one sitting. this is a weak excuse.

borN
11-19-2012, 11:43 AM

Big lifts, lift heavy, eat solid. I was a hardgainer for most of my life too.

On top of that, I'd recommend eating smaller meals with higher frequency (and at the right times). I'm an ecto and ever since I got into the routine of eating 5 meals a day, gains have jumped substantially.

zipdoa beat me to it...:D

Hallowed_point
11-19-2012, 11:49 AM
6"1 , 180 lbs.

49" shoulders, 41" chest, 32" waist, 39" hips.. Somewhere between an ecto and a meso :dunno: Used to be a total ecto back in HS sitting at around ~150 lbs @ 6"1.

JRSC00LUDE
11-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Hmmmmm......meso I guess. I look fit, people always think I go to the gym but I don't/have never. I have just always been active for the most part (cycling, walking, etc.) but never any weight training.

I walk around at 220-225 (6') if I do nothing and am not fat by any means. In the summer I usually walk around at 215 due to BMX'ing a few times a week. I attribute the 5-10 lb gain to lack of exercise (obviously) as the last couple years I really have done nothing (exercise wise) all winter long and that is when I put it on. I don't change my diet to any degree, I eat in restaurants at least once a day every day and drink a lot of draft too often.

If I get regularly active for 1-2 weeks I immediately drop back to the 215 mark, my static weight in my 20's was 205, through my 30's it's been the 215.

trollolhah
11-19-2012, 11:56 AM
5'6", 170lbs

Mesomorph

I was 155lbs before I started my full time job, I might as well switch to labour if i keep gaining. :banghead: :cry:

Shoulders 49", Chest 38"

GS430
11-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Ecto @ 6'1'', 190lbs.

I'm definitely not skinny, athletic build. I've just hovered around that 190 mark for the last 2-3 years, hard gainer.

I've cut cardio from 4 times a week to 1-2 recently, hopefully that should help pack on some more mass and surpass 200lbs.

Ideally I want to be 220, still have endurance for sports, and still have abs lol.

dj_patm
11-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa

space more meals out throughout the day. don't try and cram 1500 cals in one sitting. this is a weak excuse.

I tried that.
I've tried spacing smaller meals throughout the day, tried gomad (that was a huge mistake...), mass builder, I've tried everything non-steroid.

Any time I got over 3000 calories in a day I got sick. Regardless of how I spaced my meals out. When I worked out I ended up gaining in the first week and then stayed the same for 5 months. I did lift heavy with short sets. I stopped when I hurt my back doing deadlifts but I was already getting pretty discouraged at that point to be honest. Nothing worse then watching all your buddies you go to the gym with gaining while you stay the same.

I could lift more but I had no mass gains to show for it.

The only positive is I still haven't lost the initial 5 lbs I gained in that first week. Still scrawney as shit though.

SHO
12-17-2012, 11:50 PM
Endomorph but I work my ass of 5 days a week at the gym so I'm looking ok.
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 202 lbs.
Neck: 17.5 inches
Arm: 17.5 inches
Forearm: 14 inches
Chest: 46 inches
Waist: 34 inches
Thigh: 25 inches
Calf: 17 inches
Wrist: 8 inches
Ankle: 9.8 inches

Hyokenseisou
10-28-2013, 10:34 PM
It was interesting to read about the 3 body types; upon such it's very clear that I'm a mesomorph. 5'5" 110lb, an athletic build.

JRSC00LUDE
11-25-2014, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Hmmmmm......meso I guess. I look fit, people always think I go to the gym but I don't/have never. I have just always been active for the most part (cycling, walking, etc.) but never any weight training.

I walk around at 220-225 (6') if I do nothing and am not fat by any means. In the summer I usually walk around at 215 due to BMX'ing a few times a week. I attribute the 5-10 lb gain to lack of exercise (obviously) as the last couple years I really have done nothing (exercise wise) all winter long and that is when I put it on. I don't change my diet to any degree, I eat in restaurants at least once a day every day and drink a lot of draft too often.

If I get regularly active for 1-2 weeks I immediately drop back to the 215 mark, my static weight in my 20's was 205, through my 30's it's been the 215.

Neat, was browsing and saw this thread again. Update bump!

I've now gone to a Crossfit*/Strength Training gym here for a year or so for the first time in my life. Average three times a week. I'm a fair bit leaner than before and walk around at a consistent 230. If I go drinking for a week I'll be 235 or so but still look leaner than I used to. I still eat out every day and drink too much liquor. Working out, neato.

* don't care about your opinion on the type of gym I chose to use, I like the varied classes and it's worked well for me. Way stronger now, endurance is back for hockey and I like just showing up, getting told what to do today and then leaving. :)

flipstah
11-25-2014, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
5'6 165lbs = Endomorph. :(

What that means is, I need to work harder to lose this flab!

Thanks for the bump, JRSC00LUDE.

I'm down to 147lbs and loving it. I keep myself busy with cardio, weights, and sports like floor hockey or dragonboat in the summer.

:thumbsup: