PDA

View Full Version : UFC 74 - worth getting PPV replay today?

Doozer
08-26-2007, 11:26 AM
I was out last night and missed UFC 74. I'm thinking about ordering the replay which starts at noon today. Did anyone see it? Is it worth paying for the nect day?

spike98
08-26-2007, 12:33 PM
i am sure you will be able to download the torrent sometime soon. Prolly in hi-def too

ecstasy_civic
08-26-2007, 12:35 PM
It was a good card for sure, but try and find it online.

Edit* too late i guess :nut:

lastskpirate
08-27-2007, 12:19 AM
has anyone found a full version avi. version of the fight on a torrent site...i ve only found partials in avi.

codetrap
08-27-2007, 08:34 AM
I watched it, and it was pretty good.

eur0
08-27-2007, 11:05 AM
Josh Hartnett vs Pierre and Coutoure vs Gonzaga were good fights.

bulaian
08-27-2007, 11:21 AM
gsp vs koschek was good too :thumbsup:

ecstasy_civic
08-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by eur0

Hartnett must be a hell of a human being, fighter, actor ;) lol

SunniSunShine
08-27-2007, 11:41 AM
get summerslam instead

that was good

DENZILDON
08-27-2007, 11:59 AM
Indeed, this was a very good fight night!!!!

1-Bar
08-27-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic

Hartnett must be a hell of a human being, fighter, actor ;) lol

:rofl: :rofl:

BigMass
08-27-2007, 01:31 PM
no good MMA PPVs worth buying since Pride went down. Gone are the days of 8 awesome main even quality fights on the same card. Now we have boxing style MMA cards. 3 green card battles where the arena is empty and 1 main event that never lives up to the hype, all in a 4 hour PPV with 30 min of fighting, 30 min of ring entrances and video clips, and 3 hours of Larry Merchant interviewing a garbage can he mistakes for boxer.

ecstasy_civic
08-27-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by BigMass
no good MMA PPVs worth buying since Pride went down. Gone are the days of 8 awesome main even quality fights on the same card. Now we have boxing style MMA cards. 3 green card battles where the arena is empty and 1 main event that never lives up to the hype, all in a 4 hour PPV with 30 min of fighting, 30 min of ring entrances and video clips, and 3 hours of Larry Merchant interviewing a garbage can he mistakes for boxer.

Angry much? lol

The sport is fairly new to mainstream, as the talent pool grows, the ability of the fighters will grow. Ive seen it at my gym from 2 yrs ago to now, is a world of difference. Im hoping soon enough they will have B level fighters fighting B level fighters, and likewise with the top 10's

BigMass
08-27-2007, 01:59 PM
come on, as anything gets mainstream it starts to suck. They go from catering to a niche audience to trying to please everyone and ending up with watered down shit.

I remember being big into the poker underground scene in the 90s and loved watching anything I could get my hands on. Crappy production videos of the Word Series of Poker. Once they started showing Poker on Travel and now it’s more main stream than Britney Spears, I just cant stand it anymore. I can’t watch anything related to Poker anymore, it’s dead.

Same with MMA. It went from a cool underground thing with the early UFCs, Vale Tudo, Pancrase and K-1. Then Pride came out and it became huge in Japan but it was still un known in North America. Then the ultimate fighter came out on Spike and I can hardly watch the shit anymore.

Time to look into a new hobby. Maybe underground dog fights, I’ll ask Michael Vick where I can hook up some action. Well that’ll keep me going until they start showing it on Fox then it’s on to something else. :rolleyes:

ecstasy_civic
08-27-2007, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by BigMass
come on, as anything gets mainstream it starts to suck. They go from catering to a niche audience to trying to please everyone and ending up with watered down shit.

I remember being big into the poker underground scene in the 90s and loved watching anything I could get my hands on. Crappy production videos of the Word Series of Poker. Once they started showing Poker on Travel and now it’s more main stream than Britney Spears, I just cant stand it anymore. I can’t watch anything related to Poker anymore, it’s dead.

Same with MMA. It went from a cool underground thing with the early UFCs, Vale Tudo, Pancrase and K-1. Then Pride came out and it became huge in Japan but it was still un known in North America. Then the ultimate fighter came out on Spike and I can hardly watch the shit anymore.

Time to look into a new hobby. Maybe underground dog fights, I’ll ask Michael Vick where I can hook up some action. Well that’ll keep me going until they start showing it on Fox then it’s on to something else. :rolleyes:

:rofl:
Fair enough, but your right, if the UFC isnt careful they will just ruin it.
I think as of now, its still decent because guys are trying to end fights to make coin, as long as I keep seeing decent MMA, ill watch, when I see guys like Keith Jardine fight Chuck:rolleyes: that shit pisses me off, he's lucky if he's in the top 15 fighting a #3 guy???
That will ruin MMA.

signature7
08-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by eur0

hah got someone on your mind there? Pierre who Trudeau? jokes

i thought it was pretty good. i watched it to see koscheck lose. but the main event exceeded my expectations. The roger huerta fight wasn't bad either.