PDA

View Full Version : Serious decision time

SilverRex
08-27-2007, 08:21 AM
Hi all, you may recall months ago that I was looking into a new vehicle and it appears that chance may finally come true, however if all goes well and I am able to sell my current ride. I will have approx 7k cash left over to which I can either invest (this is a bad word) as a downpayment towards another car or simply save and get something 0 down.

So from a per dollar value to performence to practicality point of view. What do you guys all think my best options are?

PS. yes I have a 5 month old baby, and settling something that is more family is important, but really...:D you only live once right?

Mitsu3000gt
08-27-2007, 08:35 AM
If your looking for bang for your buck above all else, the G35 is the obvious choice being $20k less than the 335i, but if you can afford it, the 335i is (in my opinion) easily the best car on your list.

Euro_Trash
08-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Money value to performance/practicality would probably be the MS3 or 6 (personally the choice would be the 6 between those two). And then you can invest into an appreciating asset

G35 Sedan would be pretty practical as well

avow
08-27-2007, 08:41 AM
lexus is350 is quite an amazing car for the price, quality and performance. even when compared to th g35 and 335

TRIX808
08-27-2007, 08:52 AM
Go with something for $0 down so you can do some mods right away.

SilverRex
08-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by TRIX808
Go with something for $0 down so you can do some mods right away.

haha I wish, but mod is totally not an option anymore in a married life. :(

CLiVE
08-27-2007, 09:36 AM
Hate to be the voice of reason....but, IMO be responsible. Rav4. Great family car, room for the baby, good gas mileage, reliable, appropriate for all weather conditions, etc.

max_boost
08-27-2007, 09:36 AM
I'm voting C350 just because I haven't seen too many of them around yet.

I know buying an expensive car is a big decision but at your rate, I don't think you are ever going to decide on one. :rofl:

spyce
08-27-2007, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
I'm voting C350 just because I haven't seen too many of them around yet.

I know buying an expensive car is a big decision but at your rate, I don't think you are ever going to decide on one. :rofl:

well..being that they wont be at the dealerships until the fall...that may have something to do with it :rofl:

benyl
08-27-2007, 09:42 AM

You must be speaking from experience.

max_boost
08-27-2007, 09:59 AM
Yeah I've been telling him over MSN for the past few weeks to just buy the 335 and join the club :D

SilverRex
08-27-2007, 10:04 AM
Yeah I've been telling him over MSN for the past few weeks to just buy the 335 and join the club :D

haha dont you mean the mercedes or subaru club as well? unless of course your planning on getting back into a BMW in the not so distant future.

Anyhow I saw a 335i coupe white on white, exactly what I wanted.

I will definately visit all dealership and try to make something happen being BMW/LExus as my first two choice.

but I believe it may as well come down to stock availability and deals. so I have my finger crossed :)

it kinda sucked that I cant go car less for more than 2 weeks.

eblend
08-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by spyce

well..being that they wont be at the dealerships until the fall...that may have something to do with it :rofl:

Sept 12 is when they show up at the dealerships

E46..sTyLez
08-27-2007, 10:17 AM
OOOHHH, tough decision....i'd be going with either the BMW or Lexus as well. Really tough to decide though, both amazing and fast cars. I am a little bias to BMW though...

Redlyne_mr2
08-27-2007, 10:19 AM
The first year of a new model is never a good time to buy, I would hold off on the c350 until next year.

topmade
08-27-2007, 10:41 AM
That's quite a list going from a Rav4 to a Mercedes C350. Have you even test driven any of these cars? that might narrow your list down a bit. But personally if you have a kid, get anything with a hatch. The Subaru or RDX would be my choice.

BigMass
08-27-2007, 10:42 AM
we have a new MS3 at the race track (road course) and that thing is surprising everyone at the times it's getting. Good power, handling, brakes. And it's a 4 door hatch so it's practical. I'd look into that for bang-for-the-buck.

guessboi
08-27-2007, 10:48 AM
MAZDASPEED6 - 0% financing for 60 months - 4 doors for ur baby. AWD, TURBO. Best Bargain out there and no need for downpayment. I think it is a very good choice financial wise! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SilverRex
08-27-2007, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by topmade
That's quite a list going from a Rav4 to a Mercedes C350. Have you even test driven any of these cars? that might narrow your list down a bit. But personally if you have a kid, get anything with a hatch. The Subaru or RDX would be my choice.

I havent test driven all the car listed yet, but I will certainly do that this week =]

max_boost
08-27-2007, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
The first year of a new model is never a good time to buy, I would hold off on the c350 until next year.

Redylne_mr2 is the new hookup for Lexus.

Originally posted by guessboi
MAZDASPEED6 - 0% financing for 60 months - 4 doors for ur baby. AWD, TURBO. Best Bargain out there and no need for downpayment. I think it is a very good choice financial wise! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Amazing deal for a great car. My buddy has one and it's very nice in and out and drives really well.

mslbebiz
08-27-2007, 11:17 AM
The problem with buying a Mazda is you end up with... well a Mazda. Especially when he's looking at cars in a totally different league, like the 335, G35 and IS350.

Drive 'em all and see what you like. With a baby I'd be leaning towards the RDX and G35 (awd version maybe?). The Audi A3 is a very nice car, too, and pretty good value.

rc2002
08-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Since 335 and C350 and IS350 is on your list, you might end up upgrading to one of those sooner or later. Might as well make it sooner and not lose money on depreciation.

RDX sucks. Looks really good on paper but drives like ass and air conditioner doesn't work. I test drove the MS6 as well, and it was no good. Power actually felt like it was lacking, handling wasn't typical of Mazda - felt very heavy. The Acura TL body style is due to be updated soon so I'd stay way from that.

Dooms_Bane
08-27-2007, 11:27 AM
twin turbo ftw

Big Dangerous
08-27-2007, 11:45 AM
I say go with the Benz, but don't buy it from any of the dealerships in Calgary.

The BMW is as common as a cavalier now. I don't even see them as a baller status car anymore.

Aleks
08-27-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Since 335 and C350 and IS350 is on your list, you might end up upgrading to one of those sooner or later. Might as well make it sooner and not lose money on depreciation.

RDX sucks. Looks really good on paper but drives like ass and air conditioner doesn't work. I test drove the MS6 as well, and it was no good. Power actually felt like it was lacking, handling wasn't typical of Mazda - felt very heavy. The Acura TL body style is due to be updated soon so I'd stay way from that.

Agreed on the RDX, I had big expectations but it ended up being a huge dissapointment. Massive turbo lag, squeeling tires, too many buttons everywhere etc.

MS6 is discontinued this year too. They are having trouble selling them, if you're interested in this type of car look at Subaru LGT...

To the OP, just buy my 330I so I can upgrade to the 335 :D

forced_eg
08-27-2007, 11:47 AM
i like the mazda

4wheeldrift
08-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Mazdaspeed 6, definitely. For the price the performance is incredible, it'll tear the doors off most of the stuff on your list. And you can't beat 0% lease/finance. But then again, I'm probably biased. I picked mine up last monday night lol

E46..sTyLez
08-27-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Mazdaspeed 6, definitely. For the price the performance is incredible, it'll tear the doors off most of the stuff on your list. And you can't beat 0% lease/finance. But then again, I'm probably biased. I picked mine up last monday night lol

Which of those cars do u think it would tear the doors off?? haha like I hope your not talking about the 335i and the Lexus..because a MS6 wouldn't stand a chance against those 2.
The G35 would probably beat the MS6 too, and I would say the Acura TL would tie it if not beat it. Oh and im sure the C350 would most likely beat it too.

The 0-60 on a MS6 is 6.2sec i believe. All of the cars ive listed here are 6sec and under. So the MS6 is definately in the same area for speed as some of them but blowing the doors off of "most" of them...I don't think so.

BigMass
08-27-2007, 12:38 PM
lots of love for the MS6 but i'd take the MS3 over the MS6. I'd put the MS3 up against the BMW, Lexus and Infinity on the road course.

Mitsu3000gt
08-27-2007, 12:53 PM
)The only thing I don't like about the Mazdaspeed 6 is it's half-assed AWD system that is FWD (or 90% FWD, i forget) unless it needs to go RWD. I personally don't like those setups. I otherwise enjoyed driving the car, but something like a 335i will kill it (for double the price :D ) I'm guessing the MS3's AWD system is the same, but I don't know for sure.

Aleks
08-27-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
)The only thing I don't like about the Mazdaspeed 6 is it's half-assed AWD system that is FWD (or 90% FWD, i forget) unless it needs to go RWD. I personally don't like those setups. I otherwise enjoyed driving the car, but something like a 335i will kill it (for double the price :D ) I'm guessing the MS3's AWD system is the same, but I don't know for sure.

MS3 is FWD only.

Orbie
08-27-2007, 01:05 PM
I am the most impractical when it comes to cars, but with a young child, lets be serious. I wouldn't be dumping down a huge amount on a nice fancy car with such a young child to think about. I voted Subaru, even though I don't care for them at all. They have lots of room, they are cheap and it has AWD so no worries there. MS3 would be a close tie, because they are also quite cheap, and it will give you that bit of performance when you want it.

Of course if you have multiple cars, and will have a family car with this being your "fun" car. Then it would be a close tie for the 335 E92 and 07 G35 sedan for me.

Lex350
08-27-2007, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by CLiVE
Hate to be the voice of reason....but, IMO be responsible. Rav4. Great family car, room for the baby, good gas mileage, reliable, appropriate for all weather conditions, etc.

that's what we did. It will also tow 3600 lbs (V6). A good family vehicle that won;t break the bank. Sure the 335 BMW is a great car but with a small child I would wait 'till they are bigger before getting something more upscale.

SunniSunShine
08-27-2007, 02:11 PM
buying an expensive car shows your baby at a very young age, that he cant let a woman make his choices for him.

that being said, go for any of those in a 4dr :thumbsup:

Big Dangerous
08-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Mazdaspeed 6, definitely. For the price the performance is incredible, it'll tear the doors off most of the stuff on your list. And you can't beat 0% lease/finance. But then again, I'm probably biased. I picked mine up last monday night lol You think it would take down the C350?? :rofl: :rofl: I know the specs say the mazda has more power, but it didn't seem like it when I roasted one with an E350. (The E is a bigger class). We went from a dig, and then again from a 50 roll. Killed it both times.

Also, the Benz/BMW has 100x better crash protection. They're stronger cars, and I'm not going on mazdas self-testing, I'm going by the real independent studies that were done using real life situations.

teggypimp95
08-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Go for the a4. My dad bought one last year and it is a blast to drive! Comes with way more bells and whistles then bmw or lexus.
This is his after i cleaned it then took a pic.
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s294/Briand23pics/DSC_0108.jpg

4wheeldrift
08-27-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by E46..sTyLez

Which of those cars do u think it would tear the doors off?? haha like I hope your not talking about the 335i and the Lexus..because a MS6 wouldn't stand a chance against those 2.
The G35 would probably beat the MS6 too, and I would say the Acura TL would tie it if not beat it. Oh and im sure the C350 would most likely beat it too.

The 0-60 on a MS6 is 6.2sec i believe. All of the cars ive listed here are 6sec and under. So the MS6 is definately in the same area for speed as some of them but blowing the doors off of "most" of them...I don't think so.

Originally posted by
Big Dangerous

You think it would take down the C350?? I know the specs say the mazda has more power, but it didn't seem like it when I roasted one with an E350. (The E is a bigger class). We went from a dig, and then again from a 50 roll. Killed it both times.

Ok, doing some looking the IS and the 335 are faster cars, but the C350 most definitely is not. Car and driver only managed a 6 flat in 0-60 with the C350. In terms of the E350 being a faster car on the street, if you're in the wrong gear on the 6 you've really got nothing. If the turbo is off boost, forget about going anywhere for the 3-5 seconds it takes the thing to wind up to where its actually making some power. Drag racing at the stop lights isn't a good way to see what a car is really capable of.

Mazda significantly underreported the 0-60 time, car and driver and road and track both got 5.4s 0-60 times in their own testing. It's not unusual to see a stock mazdaspeed 6 run 14 flat quarter miles. It's a very small gap behind the infiniti, lexus bmw and it handily beats the mercedes and acura and pretty much everything else on the list for performance. Taking into account how much cheaper than the 3 better performing luxury brands it is, its quite a bargain. Never mind that its the only one of them with all wheel drive standard in the base sticker price.

SilverRex
08-27-2007, 07:34 PM
so ive just came back from test driving a few vehicles on the list. Unfortunately I would have been back sooner if I wasnt stuck in the stupid rush hour after work traffic :banghead:

ok so I finally get to test drive the follwing in that order.

08 subaru wrx hatch 5MT

I was surprised at how there is virtually no turbo lag left. And compare to the 01 wrx which I had a few years back the suspension seems alot softer. Sure a better ride quality, and it feels like the car is alot heavier that way too.

I wanted to try the auto, unfortunately it wasnt ready. And I was told they only had the one auto in the entire canada. Is that BS or real? I duno.

Anyways if I will get a wrx again, it will be auto.

07 acura TL/TLS

I never driven one until now, and im more impressed with the Navigational system then anything else. Power for the TL is adaquate, obviously nothing steller. All in all a good package for its price when compare to lexus/bmw/infiniti for the same options. I tried the TLS right after and was disappointed with the performence gains, its there and I can certainly hear the good engine feedback, but for the price? Especially when regular TL gets no charge navi option. no thanks.

They only have 1 black on white left. I would so get this if they give me a sweet deal. I may pick a TL since I like the service silverhill provides. Yes I know, 09 shAWD is coming and stuff. well, I cant wait. regardless still an upgrade to my tsx.

Oh it brings to my attention, maybe a used acura RL is in order =]

07 Infiniti G35x loaded.

Funny, I thought acura sales told me their Navi is 2nd to none. but infiniti can hold its own. Took it out for a spin and wow, it can corner. Even with the auto tranny with sport shift. This car is just about the HP. However I kinda hate how the front looks from the inside, especially seeing one side curved up and cant see the right side. Kinda not liking the view. And with the recent rant of how poor Infiniti dealership is, I may stay out of this one especially if they arnt going to budge on the price.

07 Lexus IS350 with sport package.

haha I got no where with 10k down and 500 a month payment so I didnt bother test driving one until they call me back saying they will do business with me. Too bad, I like the IS350.

Over all, im not finished.

but after today, im liking the TL w/ navi. To be continue....

Hakkola
08-27-2007, 07:50 PM
What is with everybody talking about AWD, that is the biggest waste of money on the market, all you need is a good set of winters and you're fine, especially with all the other safety features present in most of these cars.

AWD is just dead weight, especially in Calgary IMO.

Aleks
08-27-2007, 07:54 PM
You should have tried the BMW today as well back to back with all these other cars, that way you can see the difference right away.

SilverRex
08-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
You should have tried the BMW today as well back to back with all these other cars, that way you can see the difference right away.

I should but didnt have enough time to do it.

I forgot to add,

I went and check out the Mazdaspeed 3 and 6 unfortunately they say I am not allowed until I purchased one.

Dang, wanted to find out how they perform.

4wheeldrift
08-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
What is with everybody talking about AWD, that is the biggest waste of money on the market, all you need is a good set of winters and you're fine, especially with all the other safety features present in most of these cars.

AWD is just dead weight, especially in Calgary IMO. There's plenty of other reasons to get an all wheel drive car than just being good in the winter. The driving dynamics of a well set up all wheel drive car are really quite rewarding. You can get away with shit in an all wheel drive that would have you backwards in the weeds in a 2 wheel drive vehicle.

4wheeldrift
08-27-2007, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by SilverRex

I should but didnt have enough time to do it.

I forgot to add,

I went and check out the Mazdaspeed 3 and 6 unfortunately they say I am not allowed until I purchased one.

Dang, wanted to find out how they perform. That's really odd. I didn't have any trouble getting a Mazdaspeed 6 to take for a spin when I was looking. I guess they don't want just anyone driving them, I could see either of the cars being quite a handful for someone who doesn't know what they're getting themselves into.

SilverRex
08-28-2007, 06:34 AM
That's really odd. I didn't have any trouble getting a Mazdaspeed 6 to take for a spin when I was looking. I guess they don't want just anyone driving them, I could see either of the cars being quite a handful for someone who doesn't know what they're getting themselves into.

yeah the salesmen told me even he has never driven one either. And say it has nothing to do with who I am, its just like the subaru STI, you dont just go let everyone test drive, unless im going to purchase it otherwise out of luck.

speaking of STI, I thought STI had demos too.

I mean come on, a 35k car and no test drive? perhaps it has something to do with no many stock speed6 left or something.

:guns:

4wheeldrift
08-28-2007, 06:39 AM
I dont understand the logic of that at all. How the hell are you supposed to decide if you will like the car if you cant drive it? Which dealership did you end up going to? I dont know about kramer or north hill, but sunridge had 3 on the lot when I went to test drive about 3 weeks ago.

SilverRex
08-28-2007, 07:00 AM
I dont understand the logic of that at all. How the hell are you supposed to decide if you will like the car if you cant drive it? Which dealership did you end up going to? I dont know about kramer or north hill, but sunridge had 3 on the lot when I went to test drive about 3 weeks ago.

I went to sunridge,

haha maybe I got that stupid young kid look with no intention to buy anything

well I will make sure if I ever buy one it will not be sold to me from the same guy. I go straight to the leasing manager or something.

Mitsu3000gt
08-28-2007, 08:12 AM
They let me drive a Mazdaspeed 6 no questions asked at Kramer - try there maybe. You aren't missing a whole lot, compared to the 335, G35, etc. the MS6 is nothing special in my opinion. Decent little car, but it's tough to compare it with cars costing 30 grand more.

arian_ma
08-28-2007, 09:25 AM
Yeah man your poll is all over the place. 335i and Rav4? You need to decide what you want first.

SilverRex
08-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by arian_ma
Yeah man your poll is all over the place. 335i and Rav4? You need to decide what you want first.

I did,

getting cash from my car sales and getting people's opinion whether to get into a better car as an upgrade over my tsx, or simply stick to the family and save my cash.

im not here to compare vehicles, im here to find out my options.

you may say, I will never decide if I dont know what I really want. that is the problem, its not like I have 50k lying around and I can get in and out of a car every year.

Its a huge deal for me and I need people who's been there done that and know first hand about these cars listed in the pool. You guys are my car puchasing experts.

JCX
08-28-2007, 10:23 AM
A lot of it comes down to $$. From a strict driving standpoint you can probably bet that the 335 would be the best choice there. My sister has a 2006 330i and that is a very nice driving / handling car. I can only imagine if it had more power! It isn't very big, but certainly enough room to drive a wife and child around.

Honestly if I were in your shoes choosing from that list, I'd probably be torn between the BMW and the G35. It would ultimately come down to money most likely. The G can be had quite a bit cheaper than the 335 and I believe it may offer slightly more comfort (though IMO the BMW has the edge in driving enjoyability). The 3 series, in my opinion, are very comfortable, but more of a sporty comfort if that makes sense.

Regarding the Mazda, if they won't even let you test drive it you are a fool for considering buying it. I can walk in and test drive a $60K BMW and these losers won't let you drive a $35K Mazda?

arian_ma
08-28-2007, 10:25 AM
I see, well for what it's worth, we have an 06 Rav4, and it has so far been a fantastic car. If you go that route, I recommend the V6 engine. Ours has the I-4 and it is pretty gutless. Also, the seats in the 06 are quite uncomfortable I have found (We got the cloth seats, I don't know about the leather ones).
But other than that, it is an excellent car. Nice fit and finish I thought, good looking dash, drives well in the winter (did not get stuck anywhere ever, and we daily drive it to work and back and everywhere else we go, on the stock all season tires,) good stereo system, tonnes of interior room and lots of little cubby holes to put things in, and it is quite well priced in a well equipped state. I would highly recommend this car for your situation. Test drive one and see what you think.

EDIT: One more beef I had with this car, there are no heated seats. I am PRETTY sure the salesman's head was up his ass on this one but I asked him to check for me and he said there was no heated seats.

CLiVE
08-28-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by SilverRex

getting cash from my car sales and getting people's opinion whether to get into a better car as an upgrade over my tsx, or simply stick to the family and save my cash.

..... its not like I have 50k lying around and I can get in and out of a car every year.

Based on the above, I think you've already made your decision. Cars are a bad investment.....With a young family stick to something practical and affordable. Even get rid of car payments if at all possible. Either keep the TSX, which should serve the purpose as well as most of the cars on the list, or get into a small SUV/Wagon. Make the decision based on needs, not wants......

Mitsu3000gt
08-28-2007, 11:36 AM
The way I see it, this decision can be fairly easily narrowed down with money:

If you can easily spend $65k, and still have the money you need for more important things (family, motrgage, etc.) then you should take a weekend and go drive the 335i, IS350, G35, C350, Audi A4 back to back. This class of car is obviously the most safe, most luxorious and the best performing. You might also consider a M35x, as they are a nice practical car that is lots of fun.

If $65k is a little much, and $40-50k is more like it, go drive the Acura TL, the G35 still, maybe the Mazdaspeed 6, the RAV 4 V6, the Acrua RDX, Volvo C30, Audi A3 etc. and see what you like. The G35 will really stand out in this category as it is targeted at much higher priced cars.

If that is still too much money, go drive the Mazdaspeed 3, the Impreza, etc. etc. and see what you like in that class.

If you are uncomfortable with a certain price range, just move down a notch, group the cars together in that range that interest you, and make a day out of driving them all. If you don't have overly specific requirements, that is the only reasonable way to do it in my opinion.

heavyD
08-28-2007, 12:21 PM
Stay away from the Mazda's. All the other cars are of decent quality but Mazda's are junk. Better money is spent on any but the Mazdas. I mean why buy a MS3 when now you can get a WRX for almost the same price?

SilverRex
08-28-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
Stay away from the Mazda's. All the other cars are of decent quality but Mazda's are junk. Better money is spent on any but the Mazdas. I mean why buy a MS3 when now you can get a WRX for almost the same price?

well the wrx hatch auto tranny puts me in the 35k range. while a MS3 is around 31k, I would not say almost the same money.

if anything I'll compare the MS6 as it starts at 35k no leather for comparison.

I'll still buy the wrx simply its subaru and its AWD, and there will be much more aftermarket mods for it then the mazda for sure.

bonjoey
08-28-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by CLiVE

Based on the above, I think you've already made your decision. Cars are a bad investment.....With a young family stick to something practical and affordable. Even get rid of car payments if at all possible. Either keep the TSX, which should serve the purpose as well as most of the cars on the list, or get into a small SUV/Wagon. Make the decision based on needs, not wants......

^^^^whatever he said.

no car payment FTW!

and also, where's the minivan? :dunno:

and if you buy any of those expensive cars, comeback on this thread about 5-10yrs from now.

SilverRex
08-29-2007, 09:24 AM
well, thanks for everyone's input and vote, its obvious, BMW will be on top of my list.

Being on my first choice car list doesnt mean I'll get one, it'll most likely come down to stock availability and price.

The IS350 has mad expensive options, and even with 10k down 500/month it appears they are still laughing at me for even considering.

The G35 was always good on paper, but after a test drive, even though i was impressed with the power I was turned off by the interior view from driving.

I saw someone pulled up to BMW gallery the other day in his 335i coupe white on red with probablly 20" rims lowered I bet, and it's just beautiful.

I'll be taking a long shot at the 335i coupe and G37 as well. However there is much more room in the back in the BMW then the infiniti but 335i will cost much more.

a good deal is important to me. if everything falls thru the crack, then i'll just finance a kia rio hatch for 200 a month and try my luck again in a few years. :D

Dayclone
08-29-2007, 09:35 AM
Should get the 335Xi damn AWD is sick! and Bimmers are just awesome!

benyl
08-29-2007, 09:36 AM
Maybe I missed this info, but why no just keep your Acura?

Tik-Tok
08-29-2007, 09:39 AM
I would pick the Subaru 2.5i wagon

A) It's CHEAP
B) AWD (and yes Hakkola, AWD isn't a must, but it's REALLY nice to have, especially with winters on it)
C) It's really good for safety
D) Do you really want your kid spitting up, shitting, puking, etc. in a luxury car?
E) IT'S CHEAP! Set aside that $7g, and whatever monthly payments you'd be saving between this and a luxury car, and put it towards a toy, or when this is paid off, you could give it to your wife and buy yourself an even better luxury car in a few years.

(or you could buy my Audi allroad) (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2110871#post2110871)

edit: sorry for the shameless promotion, lol

SilverRex
08-29-2007, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by benyl
Maybe I missed this info, but why no just keep your Acura?

well, yes I have no objection to that, but my wife can really use an auto over stick.

and with that in mind, I might as well entertain the possiblity of something better.

haha I got an idea, maybe I will go get a 07 model tsx w/ navi 5AT. perfect.

we'll see.

and to the person about the 335xi, I thought most would agree it is a waste of money to spend the extra money for AWD. high fuel cost, higher ride height, perhaps even abit slower because its a heavier vehicle.

anyways I'm going to bring my wife to the dealership this weekend and get her to sit in the back of a G37 and see if it works out haha, shes only 5"4, so maybe.....I can convince her :D

Lex350
08-29-2007, 11:04 AM
one other thing to consider.....do you want to put an infant that will be barfing and spilling shit in a 65k car? Whatever you do, get a leather interior.

SilverRex
08-29-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by rotten42
one other thing to consider.....do you want to put an infant that will be barfing and spilling shit in a 65k car? Whatever you do, get a leather interior.

welp pretty much anything in the 50-60k range all come with leather or better leather. sO im not worried there.

unless u go for a suv rav4 or impreza, in which case that means im all for saving money, then I would not mind what happens to the seats haha

Antonito
08-29-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by bonjoey

and also, where's the minivan? :dunno:

Do not buy a minivan. I love the things, they're so practical. Then you go to sell them, and they're worthless, because no one would be caught dead in one. Get the SUV for worse gas mileage and less amenities and space FTW :thumbsup:

bonjoey
08-29-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Antonito

Do not buy a minivan. I love the things, they're so practical. Then you go to sell them, and they're worthless, because no one would be caught dead in one. Get the SUV for worse gas mileage and less amenities and space FTW :thumbsup:

it depends what kind, odyssey/sienna have higher resell value. you said space? try 8 adults plus a ton of luggage to fit in a suv (except excursions)

w_man
08-29-2007, 02:33 PM
I test drove the 335, G35 and Lexus IS350. I wont go into the rant about the poor quality of service Infiniti provides (I got my own thread for that).

The 335 had the most power and I couldnt tell when the turbo kicked in. I can honestly say it was the most fun i have ever had driving a car. The interior of the 335 .. like most BMWs ... very bland and nothing compared to the other two.

The G35 was a good competition but at the end of the day I bought it simply because it was considerably cheaper. I didnt get the same stable feeling in the G as you get driving a BMW. I have had a 330Ci before and I was truly comparing the G35 to my old 330 ... Sorry to say the car almost felt flimsy in comparison. Around the corner, it wasnt as stable as the 335. The noise level was fairly high when travelling on the highway. Now dont get me wrong ... i considered all these things when i signed the dotted line. It was truly the price that sold me the car because Infiniti was throwing all the options in where BMW will charge extra for even giving you a bottled water when you walk into the dealership (exageration).

IS350 ... amazing car ... beautiful inside out and handled VERY well. The key reason for not going with it ... it didnt come in 6 speed manual ... that's not your issue so strong competitor here!! Another reason was that it was almost exactly the same price as the 335 ... once again the price factor took me away.

I'd consider the 335 or the IS350 ... if you pick G35 for the same reason i do ... consider getting it from Edmonton .. no go for Hyatt :thumbsdow

Goodluck!!