PDA

View Full Version : camera + phone repair

inthesky
08-28-2007, 08:29 PM
Hi guys. Recently ran into a spate of bad luck.

First item - i have a LG 6190 with Telus. The flex broke, which is the wires connecting the top part of the flip phone (screen) with the electronics on the bottom.. the outside is ok, and the phone can still dial... it seems if i can get this flex part replaced, then i'll be set. I've been to a variety of places; they don't repair LG phones or stock the part.

So has anybody had some experience with getting an LG phone repaired? Wish i had taken all my information out, like phone book..then i could just get a new phone. I'm going to Excelular tomorrow - heard they have a telus technician on site.

Second item - I have a Canon powershot SD400.. took some water damage (aka submerged on a lake bed for about 1 minute). It can still review photo's, but if you try to take a picture it'll die - and the shutter won't close completely. I'm thinking of taking it down to Phototech by edmonton trail tomorrow.
Anybody know a good camera repair place?

Thanks in advance for any input. :thumbsup:

sweeks
08-28-2007, 09:10 PM
For the Camera I suggest taking it directly to Canon they have an office in the NE. Took mine there and they fixed it under warranty even though it shouldn't have been.

AllGoNoShow
08-28-2007, 11:35 PM
^^ Sweet thanks, I got a SD600 that someone spilt there drink on it seems and need it all cleaned up.

94SSEi
08-30-2007, 10:07 PM
There's an LG repair depot in Lethbridge, I work at the Rogers there and we send all our LG phones there for repair. Don't see why they wouldn't be able to fix yours, I'll get the name and number for you tomorrow.

I'd send it out for you but I doubt Rogers would be happy about me getting a Telus phone fixed.

inthesky
08-31-2007, 05:04 PM
^ thanks, that'd be great. I did go to excellular,and just ended up getting a new phone - b/c i had water damage on the phone in the past, they did not want to fix this problem as they couldn't guarantee it would work for sure.

but I'm still looking to get this old phone repaired - so I can take out my phone book, messages, etc...

94SSEi
08-31-2007, 07:45 PM
Sorry man, I totally forgot today. I will get it for you on Monday.