Vagabond142
08-29-2007, 01:32 PM
WARNING: R-rated trailer, very violent too

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/746/746237/vids_1.html

this looks freakin AWESOME. Looking forward to it :D

spyce
08-29-2007, 02:04 PM
Saw this when it popped online ign
Looks way better than the first one and its good it looks like it wont be watered down to pg-13 audience
Lets go aliens!:D

jsn
08-29-2007, 02:09 PM
Looks awesome, and from the looks of it, the predators aren't as useless as they were in the first movie:thumbsup:

Too bad that pred-alien at the end of the last movie didn't make it to this one. Would have been cool to see what it could do...

Primer_Drift
08-29-2007, 05:15 PM
^^ Re-watch the preview.. the pred-alien is there.

403Gemini
08-29-2007, 05:39 PM
Should be good, at least better than the first one.

Dunno though, they're not really sticking to the predator lore of not killing anything that doesnt present a challenge / threat. but meh whatev's - looks like theres enough action to sustain a hard on the entire film ;) (i was raised on originals of these films, i didnt grow up on disney... and i have my father to thank for that! lol)

Hakkola
08-29-2007, 05:46 PM
http://stage6.divx.com/user/d1ngo360/video/1564840/Aliens-vs--Predator---Requiem-trailer

For those that want it streaming.

Predator was one of the first movies I remember seing as a kid, I love the movie, AVP was a let down, this looks awesome though.

INITIALD
08-30-2007, 08:19 AM
cant wait to see this one, should be good.

GOnSHO
08-30-2007, 09:00 AM
yea im a little confused.. i thought that predator didnt attack anything that wasnt a threat... in this one he killed anything that moved...

this is more like alien vs predator vs human....

Vagabond142
08-30-2007, 10:08 AM
I think the fact that the predator is attacking everything is because the aliens are infesting everything, so anyone and everything could be a possible carrier, hence the "kill everything then ask questions" mentality displayed.

Also, it could be that a human attacked and killed a predator at the start of the movie so the predators are pissed

spyce
08-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Vagabond142
I think the fact that the predator is attacking everything is because the aliens are infesting everything, so anyone and everything could be a possible carrier, hence the "kill everything then ask questions" mentality displayed.

Also, it could be that a human attacked and killed a predator at the start of the movie so the predators are pissed

im guessing its like you said first. the ship probably crashed due to the predalien wrecking havoc on it. so now the predator is probably trying to keep the infestation under control. and in doing so its being attacked so it retaliates type of thing

cant wait to see what the predalien looks like in the movie

SI_futbol
08-30-2007, 01:28 PM
how many ppl get fucked up in this movie, haha i'm so excited

Pihsiak
08-30-2007, 11:30 PM
I've always thought the face huggers were grosss...

but that guy getting his face burned off after the pred takes out the alien.... Fuck YAH!

SCHIDER23
08-31-2007, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by spyce

im guessing its like you said first. the ship probably crashed due to the predalien wrecking havoc on it. so now the predator is probably trying to keep the infestation under control. and in doing so its being attacked so it retaliates type of thing

cant wait to see what the predalien looks like in the movie

That is what I though as well, and yes it looks good, brother was not to excited since the first one was a big waste hopefully they get this one right :thumbsup:

TomcoPDR
09-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Didn't all the aliens blow up in AVP in the underground pyrmiad?

Gooseberry
09-02-2007, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Didn't all the aliens blow up in AVP in the underground pyrmiad?

If i remember, they had a dead predator on board who was infected/infested.

SilverRex
12-25-2007, 11:03 PM
Just got back from it,

as expected similar to the first, except they fight in the city and with only 1 predator.

I kinda like the first one more. Just too bad the humans are still completely useless in this one, I wonder what the ending meant, perhaps a better showing from the human side for the next installment?

I say 7/10

beecue
12-25-2007, 11:13 PM
I didn't get the end :dunno: ... is the asian lady from another planet or something ... they never fully showed what the predalien looked like .. and no one won the fight .. bomb killed both :( ... the hot girl got messed up good :D

SilverRex
12-25-2007, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by beecue
I didn't get the end :dunno: ... is the asian lady from another planet or something ... they never fully showed what the predalien looked like .. and no one won the fight .. bomb killed both :( ... the hot girl got messed up good :D

looks to me like the lady in the ending knows something about the alien technology, perhaps we'll see the humans much more advance if theres ever a 3rd movie.

I really hope they make something similar to aliens 2 where you have the human kick ass for a change.

403Gemini
12-26-2007, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by SilverRex

looks to me like the lady in the ending knows something about the alien technology, perhaps we'll see the humans much more advance if theres ever a 3rd movie.

I really hope they make something similar to aliens 2 where you have the human kick ass for a change.

Most of the comics/books involved the marines / future humans who actually did more than stand around and wait to get killed.

Vagabond142
12-26-2007, 03:47 AM
If anyone read the old AvP comic/books, there was a japanese woman that joined the predators after her colony was attacked by the Aliens and the Preds came to clean up. Her name was Machiko Noguchi, and she helped capture an Alien Queen at one point :eek: :eek: So if that's her in the movie, this could get VERY interesting o_O (I will be seeing the movie on the 26th)

Vagabond142
12-27-2007, 01:50 AM
*** SPOILER WARNING***

Okay, now having seen the movie, I can tell you who "that asian lady" was :thumbsup:

If you go back to the very first movie, Alien, then you will notice that the company that everyone is working for at the time is the Weyland-Yutani Corporation, a huge megacorp that runs pretty much everything. In AvP1, we saw Mr Weyland, who also became the template for the Bishop-series android in Aliens. He was a rich dude that invested all over the place, including the Yutani Corporation.

At the end of AvP2, when the predator's shoulder-cannons-cum-shotgun is presented to "that asian lady," that lady is Ms Yutani, owner of the Yutani Corporation. What we see at the end of AvP2 is the birth of the Weyland-Yutani Corporation, which ties EVERYTHING back to the original Alien series, via the Weyland-Yutani Corporation.

Hope that explains it :thumbsup:

403Gemini
12-27-2007, 11:46 AM
*** SPOILER WARNING***

Okay, now having seen the movie, I can tell you who "that asian lady" was :thumbsup:

If you go back to the very first movie, Alien, then you will notice that the company that everyone is working for at the time is the Weyland-Yutani Corporation, a huge megacorp that runs pretty much everything. In AvP1, we saw Mr Weyland, who also became the template for the Bishop-series android in Aliens. He was a rich dude that invested all over the place, including the Yutani Corporation.

At the end of AvP2, when the predator's shoulder-cannons-cum-shotgun is presented to "that asian lady," that lady is Ms Yutani, owner of the Yutani Corporation. What we see at the end of AvP2 is the birth of the Weyland-Yutani Corporation, which ties EVERYTHING back to the original Alien series, via the Weyland-Yutani Corporation.

Haha shit i thought i was one of the only nerds who was so into both series to catch that (i havent seen avp 2 yet though, sounds sweet!!!)

Splooge
12-27-2007, 12:01 PM
Watched it on Christmas day...thought it was meh. The best part was when the blonde got pinned against the wall with the throwing star :rofl: bitch got owned hahaha, or when the little kid got face hugged.

All in all the movie was entertaining. Predator rocks!

jersturbo
12-28-2007, 02:31 AM
if your into previwing first, is a cam version posted...quality is so-so...'dark' actually...

http://joox.net/cat/2/id/1998057

...just watched as a preview...jeezus, what a lousy script, no proper suspense (yet they call it a horror + action?), action sequences (if you want to call them that?) are pretty unimaginative...and a single general is able to order a nuclear arm on US soil, after seeing a single still photo of an alien creature (come on!)...

...damn, and i thought they'd do a better job...just plain lousy...oh well :rolleyes:
definitely save $ & till a rental

403Gemini
12-28-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by jersturbo
if your into previwing first, is a cam version posted...quality is so-so...'dark' actually...

http://joox.net/cat/2/id/1998057

...just watched as a preview...jeezus, what a lousy script, no proper suspense (yet they call it a horror + action?), action sequences (if you want to call them that?) are pretty unimaginative...and a single general is able to order a nuclear arm on US soil, after seeing a single still photo of an alien creature (come on!)...

...damn, and i thought they'd do a better job...just plain lousy...oh well :rolleyes:
definitely save $ & till a rental

A science fiction movie with a thin plot?! HOW DARE THEY!! :rolleyes:

SilverRex
12-28-2007, 09:46 AM
*** SPOILER WARNING***

so when you say original alien series you really mean the first aliens movie?

it would be nice if they remake aliens with today's technology. Especially the 2nd one :nut:

Maybe this is a dumb question but in the original alien series, did it ever mention anything about the predator's existance?

403Gemini
12-28-2007, 09:49 AM

so when you say original alien series you really mean the first aliens movie?

it would be nice if they remake aliens with today's technology. Especially the 2nd one :nut:

Maybe this is a dumb question but in the original alien series, did it ever mention anything about the predator's existance?

"Todays technology" ? im sorry the second movie (Aliens) far surpasses any piece of shit sci fi movie they dish out today - i think I Am Legend proves how bad CGI really is when you soley rely on "todays technology" vs actual robotic models used in Aliens.

Gotta say, 80's sci fi > more recent sci fi.

CGI has killed imagination.

Hakkola
12-28-2007, 06:08 PM

Have not seen the movie yet, but I read the AVP books WAY back in the day, and there is a lady who saved a predators life or something and she is brought back to the predator planet and is trained by them and basically becomes one of them. The story line was great, I wouldn't be surprised if it inspired some aspects of the movie.

D911
12-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

"Todays technology" ? im sorry the second movie (Aliens) far surpasses any piece of shit sci fi movie they dish out today - i think I Am Legend proves how bad CGI really is when you soley rely on "todays technology" vs actual robotic models used in Aliens.

Gotta say, 80's sci fi > more recent sci fi.

CGI has killed imagination.

I dont think you've seen the caliber of animatronics now compared to back then.

They can make some pretty realistic scary shit with the right funding haha.

403Gemini
12-31-2007, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by D911

I dont think you've seen the caliber of animatronics now compared to back then.

They can make some pretty realistic scary shit with the right funding haha.

If they choose to use it, id probably say well over 95% of directors would choose CGI over animatronics and i hate that, imo its the lazy way out

BerserkerCatSplat
12-31-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

If they choose to use it, id probably say well over 95% of directors would choose CGI over animatronics and i hate that, imo its the lazy way out

It's also the cheap way, and it generally sucks. That being said, some things can only really be done with CGI.

403Gemini
01-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Saw it last night , thought it was really enjoyable (especially when you compare it to the first one).

They dont even have to make a third and id be happy!

Rat Fink
01-06-2008, 10:03 PM