PDA

View Full Version : NSX plus High Speed Turn = !!!!!!!

JRSC00LUDE
08-30-2007, 10:37 PM
I DID NOT TAKE THESE PICS, THEY WERE EMAILED TO ME AND I DO NOT KNOW WHO DID TAKE THEM TO GIVE THEM CREDIT.

However, I do know the guy that owns this car and this happened yesterday out here in SK land.

Not sure of the complete details but the pics basically speak for themselves......:eek:

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/JRSC00LUDE/6.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/JRSC00LUDE/5.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/JRSC00LUDE/4.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/JRSC00LUDE/3.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/JRSC00LUDE/2-1.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/JRSC00LUDE/1-1.jpg

This was an 05 and keep in mind that this guy has been driving NSX's for over 4 years (had a 95 prior to this one) and this was his first "problem" so it's not like he's a jackass that doesn't know how to drive. Not sure what happened but the end result certainly wasn't pretty.

ZorroAMG
08-30-2007, 10:42 PM
Not sure what happened? He had an accident.

:D

1-Bar
08-30-2007, 10:43 PM
wow....I wonder if they'll fix that one. I wonder what happened

avow
08-30-2007, 10:46 PM
with the value of those cars i doubt it is a write off, but seriously, that sucks so bad :(

JRSC00LUDE
08-30-2007, 10:47 PM
The owner works at the acura dealer here and the last I heard, they were estimating the damage (based on visual inspections) at around 80K. By "not sure what happened" I meant whether he hit gravel/pothole/etc. as the guy does know how to drive and this likely wouldn't have happened unless something unforeseen popped up. :)

YoungFledge
08-30-2007, 10:47 PM
thought i saw this thing zipping around on anderson earlier today. I laugh.

JRSC00LUDE
08-30-2007, 10:48 PM
^

If you read, it happened in SK (saskatoon specifically). And it's certainly not funny. Would you laugh if it was your car?

civic01
08-31-2007, 01:06 AM
hmmm.. i wonder what happened.. maybe.. just maybe the road suddenly changed in front of him.. what else happened to him. he was obviously driving way to fast for that turn. even if it was gravel/ potholes if he was obeying the speedlimit, he wouldnt have been that situation would he. and as for 80 k in damage, ouchh... it looks like a write off to me, but who knows.

JRSC00LUDE
08-31-2007, 01:12 AM
Oh for sure, there's no question that if he was going the speed limit that wouldn't have happened. Thanks captain obvious. ;)

But, I'm not defending anything. The only point I was trying to make was that this isn't some punk kid that can't handle a car. This is a guy that's done the same thing likely 100 times before and this time something went wrong and I just wondered what it was specifically.

Guess it's a good lesson/reminder for everyone (myself included) that even when you think you know what you're doing the road can jump up and slap your face and bite you in the ass before you know what hit you.

silver_gs-R
08-31-2007, 07:54 AM
ouch!!!

thats sad. really sad, b-cuz the new ones are sooo rare.

:thumbsdow

thinmyster
08-31-2007, 08:20 AM
and thats why we have insurance

92_VTEC_lude
08-31-2007, 08:23 AM
wonder if he will part out, I will take the seats and calipers (F+R) please:D
RIP NSX

Masked Bandit
08-31-2007, 08:37 AM
Oh yea....that thing is done. SGI will write off anything that exceeds 65% of it's value to repair. If visual estimates are around $80,000, it's toast. SGI will want it to part it out.

ZMan2k2
08-31-2007, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
**snip**

Guess it's a good lesson/reminder for everyone (myself included) that even when you think you know what you're doing the road can jump up and slap your face and bite you in the ass before you know what hit you.

Well said. I know that I'm guilty of this sometimes. Definitely something that needs to be thought of regularily. Pretty damned expensive way to learn a lesson though.

mikestypes
08-31-2007, 09:23 AM
The only point I was trying to make was that this isn't some punk kid that can't handle a car.

I am sure the fence would disagree.

Too bad to see such a nice car get wrecked.

JRSC00LUDE
08-31-2007, 09:31 AM
Well, I stopped by his work and was talking to the guys and he's feeling pretty bad (understandably). Said he was driving like an idiot and hit some gravel in the turn.....hopefully there are no problems with insurance.:confused:

1-Bar
08-31-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
Oh yea....that thing is done. SGI will write off anything that exceeds 65% of it's value to repair. If visual estimates are around $80,000, it's toast. SGI will want it to part it out.

Aluminum body FTL....

Biga Ramrod
08-31-2007, 10:13 AM
It's a shame to see such a nice car destroyed. The poor guys insurance is probably going to go through the roof!

Kona9
08-31-2007, 10:27 AM
:eek: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

clem24
08-31-2007, 10:37 AM
What do you mean you don't know what happened? Single vehicle crash... He was going too fast, esp. considering that looks like a residential area. Hope he learns his lesson. He's just lucky he didn't take out anyone with him. Nice car, but unless he fell asleep at the wheel or the gas pedal pinned itself down, I have no respect.

JRSC00LUDE
08-31-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by clem24
What do you mean you don't know what happened?

Do I honestly have to answer what I meant by that a third time? I assume since you can write you can also read. ;)

Primer_Drift
08-31-2007, 10:47 AM
Does he want to sell the engine.. I've got a civic hatch I could put it in :poosie:

CK4500
09-01-2007, 01:02 AM
Well at least the fence caught him....like a net....before it did any further damage.

shakalaka
09-01-2007, 01:24 AM
Shit happens, people crash cars all the time. Nice car, sure, but what's more important is that there was no loss of human life.

max_boost
09-01-2007, 01:30 AM
What a shame. NSX's are a bitch to fix up.

infected
09-01-2007, 02:24 AM
Weird. It almost looks like it's made out of play-doh.

Super_Geo
09-01-2007, 08:38 AM
Said he was driving like an idiot and hit some gravel in the turn.....hopefully there are no problems with insurance.:confused:

Yeah, I wish my insurance premiums could pay off every jerkoff who drives dangerously in residential areas, not just his... :rolleyes:

SCHIDER23
09-01-2007, 08:54 AM
what a waste :thumbsdow

kylejw
09-06-2007, 01:14 AM
what happened to the rear wheel?

MintRacer
09-06-2007, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by kylejw

curb FTW

tough_stuff_99
09-06-2007, 09:56 AM
Well to answer everones questions, This car was an '05 that he had owned for 3 weeks with only 6k miles. His previous one was a '91 not a '95 and he has had more ecperience driving cars than everyone here i'm sure!! He was doing over the speed limit but only by 15 kms and someone cut him off and he hammered on the brakes and hit some loose sandy gravel which caused him to slide into a curb which then cut the brake lines. He then as you see ended up airborne across the lane and down that hill into the fence.
So all in all it wasn't lack of driving skills nor excessive speed just an unfortunate incident that had to happen to someone and unfortuantely that someone was him with such a rare car!
The car is totalled with 91,000 worth of damage without even looking at the suspension, which is where SGI decided it was toast!!

95EagleAWD
09-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Shitty.

I'll take his engine and tranny though.

Doozer
09-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by tough_stuff_99
He was doing over the speed limit but only by 15 kms

So all in all it wasn't ... excessive speed

If he admitted to 15 over, it means he was doing more than that.

Just think about how expensive it would've been if some kids had been walking on that sidewalk that his front bumper is sitting on.

treg50
09-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Case solved: he's an idiot.

He's done this hundreds of times before and shit-fate caught up to him. An NSX doesn't just lose it in a corner, gravel or not. And do you get cut off in a corner? Hmm, maybe by racing against another person. He's already admitted to speeding.

So all in all it wasn't lack of driving skills nor excessive speed just an unfortunate incident that had to happen to someone and unfortuantely that someone was him with such a rare car!

Skill
1. ability to do something well: the ability to do something well, usually gained through training or experience

He obviously didn't take that turn very well. He didn't judge his speed well. He didn't know his car's limits well. He didn't anticipate 'marbles'/'gravel' in the off-line in a corner well. He was speeding. Yup, these are all signs of lack of experience and maturity, thus a major lack of driving skill.

toomuchb00st
09-06-2007, 09:43 PM
thats some serious camber in the rear.

Steeztastic5000
09-06-2007, 10:26 PM
Thats a damn shame.

Gotta love Saskatchewan. He "hit a patch of gravel" on the street in the middle of summer?? Jesus, I guess thats why 90% of the population there drive Ford Tempo's.

jdm_eg6
09-07-2007, 01:51 AM
This was an 05 and keep in mind that this guy has been driving NSX's for over 4 years (had a 95 prior to this one) and this was his first "problem" so it's not like he's a jackass that doesn't know how to drive. Not sure what happened but the end result certainly wasn't pretty

maybe he should have driven them for 5 years and this wouldnt have happened...:rofl:

sucks that it happened but im sure if he was driving atleast half normally that wouldnt have happened, considering it takes quite some speed to kick my car out on a turn like that let alone an NSX... tsk tsk

odin7
09-07-2007, 08:46 AM
hmm.. that doesn't look like he was going only 15 km/h over the speed limit! even if he hit a patch of gravel in a corner where he was somehow cut off, that's a LONG way to go from the road and to become airborne.. unless the speed limit on that road i slke 80km/h ?

SUCKS about the car but I'm glad nobody go hurt.

lbrowne
09-07-2007, 12:50 PM
I think that car is wrote off. Look at the targa roof, it looks like the frame is bent causing the opening to be smaller thus popping the roof up. Could be the angle of the pics, but thats what it looks like to me.

You're looking at the shiny red paint, imagine what the under side looks like that took the brunt of the impact.

15kph over
+turn
+refined sports car

Does not equal:

careening WELL off the road and completely destroying the car. Unless of course he was on ice.

Gravel or not, he was going faster than he's admitting to.

JRSC00LUDE
09-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Well to answer everones questions, This car was an '05 that he had owned for 3 weeks with only 6k miles. His previous one was a '91 not a '95 and he has had more ecperience driving cars than everyone here i'm sure!! He was doing over the speed limit but only by 15 kms and someone cut him off and he hammered on the brakes and hit some loose sandy gravel which caused him to slide into a curb which then cut the brake lines. He then as you see ended up airborne across the lane and down that hill into the fence.
The car is totalled with 91,000 worth of damage without even looking at the suspension, which is where SGI decided it was toast!!

Thank you, the details I got originally were from members of 306 forum out here and I still haven't had a chance to talk to the man personally and I've been somewhat misinformer. But, you are exactly right. He is in know way an idiot or a reckless/unskilled driver. From everything I know/have heard, he can drive/handle a vehicle far better than 90% of the people on this forum. On top of that, I don't know anyone who respects and maintains a car to the level that this guy does. Yes, any car - nsx, ferrari, porshe, etc. can lose it in a corner if something unexpected happens even if the driver is a pro so you guys should maybe just shut the fuck up. When someone says they were driving like an idiot after something this shitty happens, it can simply mean that they weren't paying close enough attention when some randomn thing happened and it resulted in a problem, it doesn't automatically mean that they were doing something irresponsible or stupid, it just means that they felt like an idiot when this happened to their car. When I said earlier that this wouldn't have happened if you weren't speeding I didn't know all the facts about the situation and neither do any one of you, regardless of what the pictures may imply. I don't think it's very funny when something like that happens and a guy who's worked his ass off to earn a great car like that ends up losing it and I don't see why any of you should either. I only posted the pics because someone else emailed them to me and right or wrong, it's interesting. That's it. You can have your opinions and I'll have mine but my money says if this happened to someone you know, you wouldn't think it was funny either.

And, on top of all that even if he was speeding it really doesn't matter. As had been covered a hundred times before, a speeding drive does not a reckless driver make. I love all the self righteous holier than thou bullshit from the hypocrites....:rolleyes:

95EagleAWD
09-08-2007, 01:01 PM

And, on top of all that even if he was speeding it really doesn't matter. As had been covered a hundred times before, a speeding drive does not a reckless driver make. I love all the self righteous holier than thou bullshit from the hypocrites....:rolleyes:

Shut the fuck up.

A speeding driver that ends up in a fence, next to a bike bath, does make a reckless driver regardless of how he got there.

Pull your fucking head out of your ass.

TheCheff
09-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

Shut the fuck up.

A speeding driver that ends up in a fence, next to a bike bath, does make a reckless driver regardless of how he got there.

+1 especially in a residential 50km/h is fast enough

thinmyster
09-08-2007, 06:05 PM

Shut the fuck up.

haha I was going to say the same thing

mekeni
09-08-2007, 06:32 PM
it's a good thing nobody was hurt.

but :thumbsdow to the owner, no sympathy from me. overspeeding in residential areas :thumbsdow

403Gemini
09-08-2007, 06:46 PM

Shut the fuck up.

:werd:

jegger69
09-16-2007, 03:08 PM
im dont work at a colision place but i honestly cant see 91 000 in damage, anyone else think this is a little high? like fender hood, head light, some uper/lower control arms, struts and wheels, i know its an expensive car but i just dont see 90 000 in damage

95EagleAWD
09-16-2007, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by jegger69
im dont work at a colision place but i honestly cant see 91 000 in damage, anyone else think this is a little high? like fender hood, head light, some uper/lower control arms, struts and wheels, i know its an expensive car but i just dont see 90 000 in damage

Aluminium body panels and frame. It's easy to total these cars.

I'd love for someone to back into mine. I'd demand OEM replacement panels; the hood alone is over 2K. Makes the CF one's seem cheap.

The headlamps alone are over 1K per side.

Things add up very, very quickly.

403Gemini
09-16-2007, 11:48 PM

Aluminium body panels and frame. It's easy to total these cars.

I'd love for someone to back into mine. I'd demand OEM replacement panels; the hood alone is over 2K. Makes the CF one's seem cheap.

The headlamps alone are over 1K per side.

Things add up very, very quickly.

but well worth it :)

what website did you find yours through man? I should talk to you cause i might be looking at getting one in the future :D i think they are absolutly amazing cars

TomcoPDR
09-17-2007, 12:01 AM
poor car

1-Bar
09-17-2007, 12:16 AM
^maybe you can work your magic and bring it back to life

BoS_DC2
09-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Damn, and I like those headlights too..

95EagleAWD
09-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Quick update from NSXprime.com (where there's a good debate going on about it; still don't know the whole story).

Driver's fine.

Car is written off.

ninjak84
09-24-2007, 11:09 PM
His previous one was a '91 not a '95 and he has had more ecperience driving cars than everyone here i'm sure!!

Haha

He was doing over the speed limit but only by 15 kms and someone cut him off ...

... and then he swerved to dodge some kids, and then....

GORD007
09-25-2007, 09:53 AM
Sorry for the Newbie question but I'm unable to view these photo's, I did a search and checked faq but had no sucsess.

Thanks

mark4091
09-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Meh, I could give a shit, he had a nice car and was doing 15 over the speed limit hit some gravel and crashed it, I'm not going to shed a tear for him.

15 over + corner = reckless, I don't care how cool he is because he drives an NSX.

If I had a (you guys said 2005 i think) NSX I sure as hell wouldn't be risking it on sask roads, taking turns over the speed limit in that area is idiocy, and I'm sure he will have another one, he should be happy he didn't hit a kid.

95EagleAWD
09-26-2007, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by mark4091
I sure as hell wouldn't be risking it on sask roads, taking turns over the speed limit

Sure you would. It's just a car. I've topped mine out on public roads. Sure it's worth less than a 2005, but it's the same car, same repairs.

I just wouldn't do it there. Pick your spots and go, but pick good spots...

Jed Bouscal
09-26-2007, 12:02 PM
"Proactive people focus their efforts in the Circle of Influence. They work on the things they can do something about. The nature of their energy is positive, enlarging and magnifying, causing their Circle of Influence to increase.
Reactive people, on the other hand, focus their erfforts in the Circle of Concern. They focus on the weakness of other people, the problems in the environment, and circumstances over which they have no control. Their focus results in blaming and accusing attitudes, reactive language, and increased feelings of victimization. The negative energy generated by that focus, combined with neglect in areas they could do something about, causes their Circle of Influence to shrink."

From "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People," by Stephen R. Covey

Rick, if you read this thread, stick to your passion! We all make mistakes!

TNation
09-26-2007, 12:26 PM
what the hell ^^^^

Q-TIP
10-04-2007, 08:47 PM
i agree...

but back to the topic, JRS man, I don't give a flying fuck how long this guy has been driving for. I've been riding motorcycles in one way shape or form since i was 8 years old, I'm now 21. Nicky Hayden has been riding since he was 12, he's now 19, and he could kick my ass up and down the track with both eyes closed operating the clutch with his dick and the brake with his asshole.

Just because someone has the cash to buy nice toys and the time to maintain them and even the willingness to go practice driving them doesn't necessarily make them better at driving than someone with less technical skill and more intelligence. On the track you learn to drive a vehicle to its potential in a damn near perfect (race city aside) set of circumstances. gravel doesn't exist, potholes are never around the next corner and when they repave, it's done well. On the street, in a residential area, even if he locked up the brakes on a car that I'm pretty sure has ABS (not sure, I know some of the new NSXs have it) at 65kph, assuming he was riding on the inside of the corner, the car would have slowed down enough that it would have pretty much hung up on the curb. and NO FUCKING WAY did he cut the brake lines, they are above the control arms, and there are 2 independent brake circuits.

END RANT

on a more compassionate note, glad nobody got hurt, and too bad that dude owned that car.

95EagleAWD
10-05-2007, 01:18 AM
^^

All NSXs have ABS. First ever production car to have 4-channel ABS. ;)

GTS Jeff
10-05-2007, 02:05 AM
Hmm...looks like NSX + high speed turn = disaster. I guess they just aren't great at high speed turns...:(

SeanDon
10-18-2007, 02:55 PM
i feel bad for the car :cry: ...hope the driver is ok

95EagleAWD
11-14-2007, 07:48 PM
http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newphotos/exotics/2nsx_20070906_002.shtml

:dunno:

thinmyster
11-14-2007, 08:55 PM
He was doing over the speed limit but only by 15 kms

An experienced NSX driver and mechanic was speeding up to 110 mph

Didnt know the speed limit was 95mph there;)

btown
11-14-2007, 08:58 PM
experience doesn't make speeding ok....

thats like saying alcoholics should be able to drink and drive

tom_9109
11-14-2007, 09:44 PM
Where do people even start to justify thinking this isn't a write off??? I mean come on its obviously toast.

icydude666
02-17-2008, 06:52 AM
making the nsx a targa looks like a shitty idea now. that would obviously ruin the car on the track if a curb can bend it like that.:thumbsdow

anyways, sucks to be this guy, insurance is nice to have.

88CRX
02-17-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by icydude666
making the nsx a targa looks like a shitty idea now. that would obviously ruin the car on the track if a curb can bend it like that.:thumbsdow

anyways, sucks to be this guy, insurance is nice to have.

Solid bump.

PremiumRSX
02-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by kylejw

I think he was running -25 deg of rear camber and thats what resulted in the traction loss.. a little camber is good for cornering grip but too much means less tire contact with the road. Somebody probably told him to get -2.5 camber and he mistook it for -25. :dunno:

arian_ma
02-17-2008, 02:55 PM
I don't think he had -25 degrees of camber. No one is that stupid.

PremiumRSX
02-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by btown
experience doesn't make speeding ok....

thats like saying alcoholics should be able to drink and drive

I totally agree that the "experience" of this guy and having driven this car a few years doesn't mean he can drive it well nor drive it fast.

Although I can't say I never speed either though. We are all guilty.

PremiumRSX
02-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma
I don't think he had -25 degrees of camber. No one is that stupid.

I don't think you got the point that I was being sarcastic. It's like physically impossible to get that much negative camber without custom work with a hammer on some control arms. :nut:

arian_ma
02-17-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by PremiumRSX

I don't think you got the point that I was being sarcastic. It's like physically impossible to get that much negative camber without custom work with a hammer on some control arms. :nut:

Can I say pizowned? :(

canuckcarguy
02-19-2008, 07:16 PM
110 mph and people here are suggesting that he's a good driver? Who was it who said he's a better driver than 90% of the people here?

Yeah, driving 176 kph in a residential (50 kph) zone sure makes him a good driver.

Hopefully his insurance will be too expensive to justify him getting another performance car. Let him drive a used milk truck for a few years until he grows up.