PDA

View Full Version : last gen Supra TTs

core_upt
06-30-2003, 03:00 PM
I'm not totally sure on the years of production, but the last generations of the Toyota Supras, could be 94-96??. Anyways, were they only offered as an automatic tranny?? I was looking at some in Ontario and all the twin turbos were automatic. Why would they not out a 5 or 6 speed manual in a 320HP car? Or is there a manual version out there?

littledan
06-30-2003, 03:04 PM
there are 6 speed versions. In some years in the states they only offered an automatic due to emission regulations. In Canada I believe we got the 6 speed in all years, could be wrong. I can check my sport compact magazine from a while back. They had a supra buying guide with all the info.

dj_honda
06-30-2003, 03:36 PM
they came with 6 speed getrag transmission every year i am pretty sure

Redlyne_mr2
06-30-2003, 03:45 PM
Ill wait for on eof the supra driver on the board to come on and confirm but I believe more autos than mans were made.Almost all of the 97 and 98 were autos

Speed_Dreams
06-30-2003, 04:40 PM
its Rare to get an auto in Canada because MOST of our production was 6spds in the TT's The NA's were 5spd and Auto.....its VERY rare to find a TT supra in a auto

Boostn
06-30-2003, 07:13 PM
Not entirely sure about Canada, but in the US the 96 model year was the only time Toyota didn't offer the 6 spd manual. It took a hiatus, something to do with emissions or whatnot. Some states also could never get the manual due to emissions regulations. As far as I know, they reintroduced the option again for '97 and '98. Maybe Canada was in the same boat???

Sai
07-01-2003, 12:16 AM
Its prob b/c no one wants an automatic TT or N/A so all the 6 speeds are taken :( therefore only automatics are left

auto SUX! can't handle much hp if ur gonna bring up the ponies!

Wildcat
07-01-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Sai
Its prob b/c no one wants an automatic TT or N/A so all the 6 speeds are taken :( therefore only automatics are left

auto SUX! can't handle much hp if ur gonna bring up the ponies!

yours is auto eh? :( how much do you think itll be to put a 6speed in it?

Sai
07-01-2003, 12:53 AM
lolz hell no mine 6 speed TT targar roof and all! :) that 6speed tranny is i believe is like a lil under 10 grand LOL best to just get a 6 speed tt supra

TIP: when buying an older car get the highest possible edition u can get!

Wildcat
07-01-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Sai
lolz hell no mine 6 speed TT targar roof and all! :) that 6speed tranny is i believe is like a lil under 10 grand LOL best to just get a 6 speed tt supra

TIP: when buying an older car get the highest possible edition u can get!

dammmmnn, you lucky lil boy...

thats tite man :thumbsup:

Sai
07-01-2003, 02:46 PM
Im not sure if you planning to get one or just taken in info but remember this when u buy a supra tt

LOWS: gas mileage, high maintence, 2 seater( back seats are useless) back tires need to be changed more often if u race.

HIGHS: great pick up, easy hp gains, looks from everyone ;), very rare,

these only a few could think of on the spot :P

ecstasy_civic
07-01-2003, 02:49 PM
whats the average price of a TT??? i was looking into them this weekend but couldnt get enough info to help me.

Joe Malms
07-01-2003, 06:33 PM
they aren't really high maintenance at all.

You're looking at around 32-38K for a 94 6spd TT.
then again, 2slow 2serious might have inflated those prices.

Sai
07-01-2003, 07:21 PM
they are high maintenace! parts cost alot! U own one?

price depends on km's and if it was well maintained

Joe Malms
07-01-2003, 07:30 PM
good friend owns the black one on these boards. Its been pretty good to him.
But then again he bought it with like 37,000km's on it. It was like new.

183ci
07-01-2003, 08:17 PM
the 4th gen supra is not high maintenance.
Just the parts for the car is $$$, but you have to look at the material and R&D that goes to each of the parts.
You pay for what you get.

Sai
07-01-2003, 11:12 PM
hehe well high maintenance for me b/c i try to keep it EVERYTHING up to date and he working condition ! parts for the car do cost a load of money:(

or maybe i just like to spend money on the car lolz so it seem that way :P

Redlyne_mr2
07-02-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Sai
hehe well high maintenance for me b/c i try to keep it EVERYTHING up to date and he working condition ! parts for the car do cost a load of money:(

or maybe i just like to spend money on the car lolz so it seem that way :P
Good old Red Deer Toyota has made a lot of money off your Car, once you learn to do your own maintenance the costs go down exponentially