PDA

View Full Version : Cup holders?

A790
08-31-2007, 09:28 PM
Where can I find cup holders that are universally fitted? I'm having a hell of a time finding them online.

alloroc
08-31-2007, 09:31 PM
Canadian Tire?
Walamart?

Must be some kind of special cup holder.

Hakkola
08-31-2007, 09:45 PM
I can't remember what the name of the store was where I got mine, but it is on 17th ave sw, west of crowchild, just after whatever school is there I think. There may have been a Mcdonalds across the street... The holder was pretty sweet, hooks up to air vents, so if heat is on it warms your drink, and ac keeps it chilled.

A790
08-31-2007, 09:55 PM
I just bought this DIN unit from eBay... I'm hearing conflicting reports form it.

Let me tell you a story...

So my girlfriend has apparently never been in a fast car. The last year and a half she's been cruising around with my in my Probe, which isn't half bad, but it's not fast.

The day I get the MR2 we stop at Tims for some coffee- I order two large double-double's, and then we're off. I drink some coffee, stop at the gas station, and then we're about to get back on highway 400 (100 km speed limit) when the gf tells me that she wants to know "why you wanted an MR2 so bad", so I tell her that I'm gonna give it some gas and show her.

I'm in second gear doing a roll and I punch it going to the highway. I hit 110, shift into 5th, and then call it day. My girlfriends pissed- she's got hot coffee all over herself... torques a bitch, aint it?

So now I'm on the hunt for some kind of cup holding solution.

alloroc
08-31-2007, 10:00 PM
You don't need a cup holder.
You need to get your GF a raincoat ... latex?

A790
08-31-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by alloroc
You don't need a cup holder.
You need to get your GF a raincoat ... latex?

LOL no, it'd be nice to have somewhere to put my drink when I'm driving. These DIN cup holders are apparently a five minute install, and it only cost me $35 w/ shipping.

DC2
08-31-2007, 10:09 PM
they look pretty decent, you actually got me thinking about getting one.

(its the one with the coin holder too right?)

A790
08-31-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by DC2
they look pretty decent, you actually got me thinking about getting one.

(its the one with the coin holder too right?)

Yea- the top is a "free tray" or something, and the bottom part is the cup holder. I'm going to take some pics of the install and maybe make a post about them, the fitment, etc.

DC2
08-31-2007, 10:22 PM
Great, thanks!

I've been without cupholders for 3 months, its a pain in the ass trying to drive and holding a cup of HOT coffee

A790
08-31-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by DC2
Great, thanks!

I've been without cupholders for 3 months, its a pain in the ass trying to drive and holding a cup of HOT coffee

What do you drive?

I've been looking around MR2OC and they seem to have a hit and miss reputation- some people love em and others hate em.

DC2
08-31-2007, 10:40 PM
an aristo. you'd think with all that luxury there'd be cup holders but nope

A790
08-31-2007, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by DC2
an aristo. you'd think with all luxury there'd be cup holders but nope

Who needs cup holders when you have a 2JZ? LOL

But seriously, that's kind of ridiculous that Toyota never put cup holders in the Aristo.

DC2
08-31-2007, 10:44 PM
I think in the 95's they did, but it is pretty ridiculous.

Hopefully this eliminates both our problems.

a social dsease
09-01-2007, 12:35 AM
Canadian Tire
Type-S cup holder
about $9-10
mounts on your air vents, which is a bonus because you can use AC or hot air to keep your shit at the right temp.

A790
09-01-2007, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by a social dsease
Canadian Tire
Type-S cup holder
about $9-10
mounts on your air vents, which is a bonus because you can use AC or hot air to keep your shit at the right temp.

Yea, I don't want vent cup holders, so I'm hoping this DIN unit work sout well.

G-ZUS
09-01-2007, 01:38 AM
go to pick ur part and find a early 90s maxima, they got some nice cupholders that are DIN and slide in and out

A790
09-01-2007, 02:55 PM
LOL so after tearing apart my dash today I realized that the stereo install that the previous owner did is a total joke... so it looks like the DIN/headunit are going to be installed at the same time.

DC2
09-01-2007, 04:22 PM
when are you expecting your DIN cup holder in?

A790
09-02-2007, 07:57 AM
Well, I'm the winning bidder and I asked the guy to end the auction early but he hasn't responded. The auction ends tommorrow, and then it needs to be shipped... so probably two weeks.

DC2
09-18-2007, 11:21 PM
any updates?

A790
09-19-2007, 08:10 AM
They arrived, but they seem kind of flimsy to be honest. The "free box" is kind of a joke, whereas the cup holders themselves seem alright. They're big enough to hold coffee or a can of pop.

DC2
09-19-2007, 03:21 PM
have you put them in yet?

any pics?

A790
09-19-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by DC2
have you put them in yet?

any pics?

No, the car is in storage for the winter. They will be going in in April. It looks just like the pics and is the standard 1-DIN size.

Justing
09-19-2007, 05:14 PM
http://www.ultimatecupholders.com/ (http://)

bam!!!

ultimate cup holer, dont know if there is an application to fit your car.

although i posed this link, i would like to say now that i do not condone the presence of fluids inside a vehicle.
but i understand your situation... woman always need something to drink. bitch wait till we get to where we're going, its not that far.

Ry_an_6
09-19-2007, 05:15 PM
with those DIN up holders. wouldnt that kind of get in the way of shifting? i checked ebay and they have sum but it looks like there made to slide in right underneath the deck...... shift knob is right there:banghead:

A790
09-19-2007, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Ry_an_6
with those DIN up holders. wouldnt that kind of get in the way of shifting? i checked ebay and they have sum but it looks like there made to slide in right underneath the deck...... shift knob is right there:banghead:

Doesn't seem to be a problem when I mock fit it. I'll let you know how it goes when I actually do the install in april.

avow
09-19-2007, 09:26 PM
when i first bought my mr2 i was like "no cup holders wont be a problem, seeing is how there will be no food or drink in my car"... ugh. :banghead: yea that didnt work out so well. So now i am trying to figure out what is the best way to go. I like that ultimate cup holder idea i must say.

Eleanor
09-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by a social dsease
Canadian Tire
Type-S cup holder

That come with VTEC?

Ry_an_6
09-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by avow
when i first bought my mr2 i was like "no cup holders wont be a problem, seeing is how there will be no food or drink in my car"... ugh. :banghead: yea that didnt work out so well. So now i am trying to figure out what is the best way to go. I like that ultimate cup holder idea i must say.

haha yeah man me too. and it is fine except for every morning on the way to work with my god damn coffee. so choked.:bullshit: haha.

check out ebay. they have sum alright holders. hidden atleast. better then that canadian tire shit. install is easy but im still not sure about my post earlier. right in the way of the stick