PDA

View Full Version : Help: finding firing order

lude94
09-02-2007, 12:37 AM
Hey guys would any one know what the firing order would be on a 93 bmw 318i....and in what order would it hook up to the coil pack....thanks

EK 2.0
09-02-2007, 09:04 AM
if it's a four banger...the order SHOULD be 1-3-4-2. as for coil hook ups...mang I gots no idea.

as this is the standard firing order for 4 cylinders aside from some Fords.

The Cosworth
09-02-2007, 09:12 AM
did you try google?

I got it on the third website

Single side draft manifold for a BMW 2002 or early 3 series. Utilizes our patented Crossover design for even fuel distribution to each cylinder. Where other single carburetor manifolds fail, this one is in a class of its own. Your engine will run awesome... only surpassed by a dual Weber 45mm side draft setup. For your Weber or Dellorto carb to be utilized with this manifold, we can provide you with carb settings (i.e. the ones we used when we dynometered and perfected this setup on our prototype, though your engine may require you to make some changes as all engines run differently and therefore require different carb settings). This is an internationally patented item so you will not see another manifold like this available. We have been producing these manifolds in Australia for over 25 years so the sales volume speaks for itself. Others have tried to copy this manifold but their results are horrible! Buy with confidence as you will be pleased with the performance.

Here is the mechanism by which this manifold works for all those that are confused by the crossover manifold concept... The manifold runners on cylinders 1&4 connect to one venturi (V1) of the carb, therefore cyls 2&3 connect to the other side of the carb (V2). With the firing order being 1,3,4,2