PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle repair history?

eblend
09-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Hello,

I am buying a used car and I would like to be able to see all the service records that were performed on this car by a particular dealership. Would a dealership provide me this information if asked?

euro_racer
09-02-2007, 08:35 PM
from prsonal experience they are not allowed to. has to do with the privacy of the previous owner

give it a try anyways, sometimes you will come across a service advisor that is not familiar with the rules or simply does not care :thumbsup:

The Cosworth
09-02-2007, 08:38 PM
have you called and asked? What dealership?

eblend
09-02-2007, 08:57 PM
I haven't called an asked, and its not a big deal, but I would like to know. I just bought a 2003 CTS from a third party dealer and want to know what CMP (where vhecile originally was bought and serviced at) has about this car. I haven't called and asked since its a long weekend, just wanted to see what others knew about it. In this case the previous owner is a dealership which was a 3rd party. Vehicle was given to dealership on trade in, and i bought it, so the original owner is not involved here.

The Cosworth
09-03-2007, 12:59 AM
if you have the vehicle now they should release everything based on your vin IMO. I would think they would be weary before just do to FOIP stuff