PDA

View Full Version : Offical NFL Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

md14
09-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Alright Boys, They CFL has kept me at bay till now..
It's time for some good ol NFL :)

Hopefully we can have some decent discussions here and there.

Go Pats Go!
(Moss is going to make Revis wish he held out another month) :D

max_boost
09-03-2007, 03:57 AM
The Patriots are definitely dangerous. Brady showed that he was human after all.

I'm still on the St. Louis Rams bandwagon. I hope they put it all together and make another run. I miss the greatest show on turf!!!!

DonJuan
09-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Moss isn't gonna change the Pats, Brady will still spread the ball around. And as always be be the team to beat. (Man I hate em)

I'm not saying anything about the Lambs. LOL :D

How bout dem Cowboys?
(I know, I know, I am even less optimistic about this season, but gotta stick with em.) I'm hoping for a wild card, HOPING.

5hift
09-03-2007, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

I'm still on the St. Louis Rams bandwagon. I hope they put it all together and make another run. I miss the greatest show on turf!!!!

I think they will have one of the best offenses this year. Steven Jackson is 2nd only to LT right now, and they have Bulger throwing to Holt, Bruce and Bennet. If they could only get some defence ...

And to everyone saying Moss will change the Pats offense, he's yet to play with hamstring issues. The most dangerous reciever on the Pats this year will be Wes Walker.

md14
09-03-2007, 01:13 PM
I think they will have one of the best offenses this year. Steven Jackson is 2nd only to LT right now, and they have Bulger throwing to Holt, Bruce and Bennet. If they could only get some defence ...
And to everyone saying Moss will change the Pats offense, he's yet to play with hamstring issues. The most dangerous reciever on the Pats this year will be Wes Walker.

Wes is just a monster, he's going to have just too much fun underneath with the field strecthed so much by Moss and Stallworth.

And Moss will have an impact on the Pats offense he's back practicing in full pads so heres hoping hes out there against the Jets. Just his presence on the field will be enough ;)

The Rams are still a dome team.. and unless the road to the Superbowl for the NFC is going through the Dome it aint going to happen.

As for the cowboys.. Terence Newman.. If he doesn't get better that defences outlook will change. No way can Phillips be as agressive as he was with man converage on a 70% Newman

bluetek
09-03-2007, 01:43 PM
I can't wait for the season to start up. Just took advantage of the early bird Sunday ticket package, so I'll see all the games.

Go Pats!! We're going for it all this year. So happy with the off season we had. Adalius, Stallworth, Moss, Welker are gonna be big acquisitions.

Excited to see Asante back and to see Adalius, Bruschi, and Vrabel work together.

Moss wants to win badly and so does Belichick. I think he'll have a good influence on Moss and things will work out. Brady will spread the field and distribute to all receivers like always, but the deep threat and speed Moss brings will help tons.

Should be an exciting season for sure!!!

edit: Another thing MD were you happy to see Caldwell get released? He was good for us last year but I couldn't forgive him for dropping those 2 easy passes in the AFC CG last year. Those killed us and we could have easily been in the SB! I wanted to punch my TV when he dropped that pass.

md14
09-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Yeah it's tough for Caldwell going from 1st string to the waiver wire, The guy did alot and stepped up last year when we really needed it kinda sad to seem him go, But that pats are reciever rich and with Bam on practice squad someone had to go.

Sucks that he'll be remebered for the dropped passes. I'm not happy to see him released but I'd rather have him gone than Washington even tho Washington has done jack all, all pre-season

Yeah it's going to be an awesome season, but damn these past few days have been bleak.. Rodney's suspension and Seymour on the pup. Damn.... at least Randys back!:bigpimp:

The Cosworth
09-03-2007, 04:38 PM
anyone watching the game right now? stamps have really picked it up in the second half but there is nothing but flags.

jesus

md14
09-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Yeah the 2nd half was alot better, Browner had a damn nice strip a good overall effort in the 2nd but damn Burris needs to be more consistant..

lol and I think ya got the wrong thread :D

Sharpie
09-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Go giants!

buh_buh
09-04-2007, 08:20 PM
I think Caldwell was the Pats leading receiver last year.
I'm just hoping my Niners can get past .500 this year.

5hift
09-04-2007, 08:28 PM
^^

With Gore at RB, the Niners are exciting to watch now and .500 is realistic, but they are a free agent or two and at least one good draft away from the playoffs.

buh_buh
09-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Gore is pretty much the team at this point.
But they'll be good in a few years. Darrell Jackson and Ashley Lelie is an upgrade from last year, and Vern Davis should be better this year too. Its just a matter of whether Alex Smith can actually play or not. The secondary looks pretty decent too with Nate Clements this year. I'm crossing my fingers.

bluetek
09-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
I think Caldwell was the Pats leading receiver last year.

Yup. He was. I wont forget that. He was great for us. Anyways he's a good receiver and will probably get picked up somewhere down the line, but Pats have some depth now at WR so they had to let him go.

md14
09-04-2007, 11:11 PM
Yeah Caldwell was leading but hes much better suited in a 2nd or even 3rd receiver role. I wonder how gore will open the season recovering from his hand and all. Clements was a good pickup too but common Ashley Lelie? That guy is useless I hope Davis tears it up this year. I'd like to see the niners take out hasselback and his damn oversized running back

buh_buh
09-05-2007, 12:48 AM
I agree about Caldwell, but cutting last year's leading pass catcher just seems weird in itself. I'm not saying Lelie will save the team, but he's an upgrade from Arnaz Battle. More of a depth move than anything. I think the NFC west will be a lot closer this year than the past few years.

USHER
09-05-2007, 01:24 AM
New Orleans

Drew brees is the second best quaterback in the league

and bush is gonna have a break out season

98type_r
09-05-2007, 02:39 AM
They probably won't do much, but it's my team. Go Seahawks, I'm going to the home opener this Sunday in Seattle.

md14
09-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by 98type_r
They probably won't do much, but it's my team. Go Seahawks, I'm going to the home opener this Sunday in Seattle.

Damn! That's going to be awesome Qwest Field should be insane

bluetek
09-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Ya QWEST should be a blast. Very nice stadium, but I prefer the stadium in Foxboro just a bit better. Kinda biased though.:D

Have fun in Seattle

Sharpie
09-09-2007, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by USHER
New Orleans

Drew brees is the second best quaterback in the league

and bush is gonna have a break out season
if he is the second best who is the best?

Also anyone here get any prolines> if not you have t-minus 5 minutes

bluetek
09-09-2007, 11:11 AM
Its Sunday finally!! Go Pats!!

max_boost
09-09-2007, 11:21 AM
How about them Colts dismantling the Saints in the second half? :D

It's GAME DAY!!!!:clap:

Benny
09-09-2007, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie
Go giants!

HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS? :clap:

Credit goes not only to my Cowboys for the win, but also for injuring the Giants but good in the process.

:thumbsup:

And to everyone saying that Moss wouldn't change the Pats... From today's game, it's looking as if Moss is gonna have one hell of a season. Damn Patriots... :thumbsdow

98type_r
09-09-2007, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by md14

Damn! That's going to be awesome Qwest Field should be insane

Qwest was insane, for an open air stadium it's still pretty damn loud. Actually, it was louder in there than it has ever been in the Saddledome and I was at every game in the '04 playoff run.

I was a little worried in that first quarter, but the defence got to work and shut the Bucs down after that.

md14
09-09-2007, 11:11 PM
Super Freak Randy!!!!
Bring on the Chargers :D

max_boost
09-10-2007, 01:18 AM
Wow. Just wow. Toss it to Moss. He's due for a monster year.
9 catches, 183 yards and 1 TD. :eek:

urbannomad
09-10-2007, 04:28 PM
wow, great week. cowboys v giants awesome.

jacobs :(

this commercial caught my eye yesterday afternoon, such a great commercial!

55BZ2gSsSmY

can't wait for TWO MNF games! :love:

E46..sTyLez
09-10-2007, 04:37 PM
How bout them cowboys!!! hellz yeah! haha Brandon Jacobs is a joke and will be getting water for the back-up next year. hahaha His longest rush of his career is 21yds!! bah haha he'd be a Goalline-back on any other team.

Props to the Cowboys for having the highest score of any team this week :thumbsup: :werd:

Sharpie
09-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by E46..sTyLez
How bout them cowboys!!! hellz yeah! haha Brandon Jacobs is a joke and will be getting water for the back-up next year. hahaha His longest rush of his career is 21yds!! bah haha he'd be a Goalline-back on any other team.

Props to the Cowboys for having the highest score of any team this week :thumbsup: :werd:
Dude dont diss Jacobs, look at his size/running capabilities. he has so much to prove, plus he is one of those backs that can still put up decent yardage and still push it in at the goalline.

5hift
09-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Moss will have a big year, but he also wont get to face the Jets and their brutal defense every week. He was in single man coverage most the game, and that wont be happening next week against the Chargers.

Jacobs will have a good career, but you cant blame him for a bad game when he gets injured like that. He is a great goal line back, but because he is so big, and breaks tackles, he takes a lot more hits than a typical running back, causing him to get injured a lot.

The Cowboys looked good, but they are always like that, up and down, no consistancy, and always choke when it counts. Romo also wont get to face 2 corners that brutal on a regular basis so 5 TD nights wont be happening too much.

I just hope Gore has a big game tonight for the Niners and stays healthy the whole season.

md14
09-10-2007, 08:12 PM
True about Moss not facing the a secondary like the Jets week in and week out, put it wasn't single coverage most of the game. The Safety was put to spy and keep in check the deep pass also having a OLB for containment purposes on the short stuff but I think it didn't help out much, man o man did his TD pass look easy. Looked like he was jogging and he still outran 3 Jets players :D

Anyone notice that Stallworth barley played and also only had one catch. Watch for next week ;) with maybe moss only having a 1 catch performance. Just keep everyone guessing

And hell yeah for Gore, I need some fantasy points

buh_buh
09-10-2007, 11:41 PM
What a finish to the Niner game!
A bit of a snoozefest in the second half, but I was standing for the entire last five minutes of the game. Once Smith gets a little more comfortable in the pocket (and the Niner o-line was brutal tonight), and eventually the play calling gets a little less conservative, he'll do some pretty good things.

E46..sTyLez
09-11-2007, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Sharpie

Dude dont diss Jacobs, look at his size/running capabilities. he has so much to prove, plus he is one of those backs that can still put up decent yardage and still push it in at the goalline.

oh im dissin Jacobs...he should be a tight end...but he can't catch!! Guys his size are not good starting HB's!! When has he EVER put up decent yardage?? The only time he has ever had over 60yds in one game was in a preseason game against the pats last year. Other than that hes been a goal-line back...and thats it.

md14
09-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Good finish to the game lastnight Go Niners! Holy crap can recievers not hold on to the ball anymore so many drop passes...

On a side note: Tough day for all the pats fans today :(

5hift
09-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Yeah I hope the Pats lose multiple picks. I could understand if a shitty team was trying to gain a edge, but you have no need to do this when you already have one of the most dominant teams in the AFC. Next week vs San Diego is going to be a great game, we'll see how Moss does when the Pats dont know what the D is running.

About the Niners dropping passes ... Jackson led the league in drops with Seattle so thats expected. About Gore, I'm hearing his broken hand isnt healed and he cant open the hand fully yet, and he was wearing a protective brace under his glove. I know he leads the Niners in receptions, but they shouldnt have been throwing to him if this was the case. Plus I have Gore on my fantasy team and I need him to have a big injury free year.

Millzner
09-12-2007, 11:18 AM
how about eli manning ahahah. giants are gonna be as screwed as atlanta is. both of whom are missing there whole team without the QB, gonna have to adapt some sorta amazing running game this year. to bad none of their backups are like Garcia was last year for the eagles.

slick2404
09-12-2007, 12:01 PM
have you seen the SIZE of the giants back up, man that guys like a linebacker...Jared Lorzen or something. MASSIVE haha giants are done for if he cant make anything happen

buh_buh
09-12-2007, 12:01 PM
The Giants didn't have much of a team even with Eli in the lineup. Now they just won't be labelled underachievers.

5hift
09-12-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Millzner
how about eli manning ahahah. giants are gonna be as screwed as atlanta is. both of whom are missing there whole team without the QB, gonna have to adapt some sorta amazing running game this year. to bad none of their backups are like Garcia was last year for the eagles.

Eli never really carried the Giants these past few years it was Tiki. Eli is more name than anything, Kerry Collins led the Giants further as a QB.

Originally posted by slick2404
have you seen the SIZE of the giants back up, man that guys like a linebacker...Jared Lorzen or something. MASSIVE haha giants are done for if he cant make anything happen
Yeah he was signed mostly for goal line and short yard situations. Imagine trying to stop that guy when its 4th and inches and he's doing a QB sneek. He cant play every down though. I wouldnt be surprised if the Giants brought someone in like Leftwitch or Simms like I've been hearing.

Originally posted by buh_buh
The Giants didn't have much of a team even with Eli in the lineup. Now they just won't be labelled underachievers.

:werd: At least with their "star" QB and RB out, Giant fans will have a legitimate excuse why they suck opposed to other years when they just choked when it counted.

md14
09-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
Yeah I hope the Pats lose multiple picks. I could understand if a shitty team was trying to gain a edge, but you have no need to do this when you already have one of the most dominant teams in the AFC. Next week vs San Diego is going to be a great game, we'll see how Moss does when the Pats dont know what the D is running.

About the Niners dropping passes ... Jackson led the league in drops with Seattle so thats expected. About Gore, I'm hearing his broken hand isnt healed and he cant open the hand fully yet, and he was wearing a protective brace under his glove. I know he leads the Niners in receptions, but they shouldnt have been throwing to him if this was the case. Plus I have Gore on my fantasy team and I need him to have a big injury free year.

F that Noise man, Do you really think taping defensive signals did anything? Taping it relaying it back to the coaches breaking it down and then showing them to the players hell no can you do that in a game. Maybe a few half time adjustments at most. No way in hell did that change the outcome of the game. And about having a shitty team to gain and edge. Every team tries to gain an edge and its sad but everyteam tries to do something to get ahead of someone else.

But hey we all mistakes and move on so well see what kind of punishment BB recieves

Sharpie
09-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Big week number 2... go giants

roopi
09-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Week 2 Picks:

Atlanta vs Jacksonville (-11.5) - Jacksonville
Buffalo vs Pittsburgh (-9.5) - Pittsburgh
Cincinnati (-7.5) vs Cleveland - Cincinnati
Green Bay vs NY Giants (-1.5) - Green Bay
Houston vs Carolina (-6.5) - Houston
Indianapolis (-7.5) vs Tennessee - Indianapolis
New Orleans (-3.5) vs Tampa Bay - New Orleans
San Fransisco vs St Louis (-3.5) - San Fransisco
Dallas (-3.5) vs Miami - Dallas
Minnesota vs Detroit (-2.5) - Minnesota
Seattle (-2.5) vs Arizona - Arizona
Kansas City vs Chicago (-13.5) - KC
NY Jets vs Baltimore (-3.5) - Baltimore
Oakland vs Denver (-9.5) - Denver
San Diego vs New England (-3.5) - NE
Washington vs Philadelphia (-7.5) - Philidelphia

5hift
09-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by md14

F that Noise man, Do you really think taping defensive signals did anything? Taping it relaying it back to the coaches breaking it down and then showing them to the players hell no can you do that in a game. Maybe a few half time adjustments at most. No way in hell did that change the outcome of the game. And about having a shitty team to gain and edge. Every team tries to gain an edge and its sad but everyteam tries to do something to get ahead of someone else.

But hey we all mistakes and move on so well see what kind of punishment BB recieves

You dont think taping signals the coaching staff flashes changes anything?

They showed the actual footage on CBS NFL pregame as well as breaking it down. The guy caught with the actual camera, has a shady history with the NFL and has been caught and warned before in previous years for spying. If you look at the footage, on every down, he first shows a caption of the situation ( ie 3rd and 4 etc), and then shows the symbols and communication being sent from the coaching staff. It wont effect the game going on, but your trying to tell me with shots of the situation, what the coaching staff flashes to their players, then combined with the actual game tape, New England wont know whats coming everytime next time they play the Jets?

The common feeling among the league is that the comminsioner was leinant on BB and the Pats.

Like I said before though, I dont even see why the Pats would risk it. A 1st rounder is a lot to lose, and the Pats offense has been "surgical" in the way its taking apart the Charger D right now.

bluetek
09-16-2007, 07:35 PM
Oh man I'm lovin this...Go Pats Go :D

md14
09-16-2007, 10:20 PM

You dont think taping signals the coaching staff flashes changes anything?

They showed the actual footage on CBS NFL pregame as well as breaking it down. The guy caught with the actual camera, has a shady history with the NFL and has been caught and warned before in previous years for spying. If you look at the footage, on every down, he first shows a caption of the situation ( ie 3rd and 4 etc), and then shows the symbols and communication being sent from the coaching staff. It wont effect the game going on, but your trying to tell me with shots of the situation, what the coaching staff flashes to their players, then combined with the actual game tape, New England wont know whats coming everytime next time they play the Jets?

The common feeling among the league is that the comminsioner was leinant on BB and the Pats.

Like I said before though, I dont even see why the Pats would risk it. A 1st rounder is a lot to lose, and the Pats offense has been "surgical" in the way its taking apart the Charger D right now.

Naw I was saying that It has no impact on the game during the filming because theres no way it can be broken down that fast, for future games it can be very useful but still even with information you still have to make plays on the field. Thats even what John Madden said tonight,

Hell its still an unfair advantage and the Patriots got punished for it, which is good. Too leinant is all depending on how you feel about the situation.

Why did BB do it I dont think anyone will know, dumbass move for sure though.

Go Pats Go! :clap:

Benny
09-16-2007, 11:11 PM
Once again... HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!!!

Defense stepped it up big and SHUT DOWN Miami. Brilliant job on D. Props to Romo, Anthony Henry, T.O., and Marion Barber. Hopefully they can keep putting up those kinds of offensive numbers with a controlling defense at the same time.

schocker
09-16-2007, 11:26 PM
well the seahawks went 1-1. Kind of got the impression things were going downhill after the blocked punt, but they rallied hard but lost on a FG in the dying seconds of the game.

Douche
09-16-2007, 11:36 PM
what a bad week for pics.
The Browns??? 49'ers??? Tampa Bay and even Huston... :dunno:

5hift
09-17-2007, 01:06 PM
^^ It was a weird week

Green Bay, Houston, San Fran and even Detroit are all 2-0

The browns/cinci game was a strange shootout (Derek Anderson and Carson Palmer combining for 11 TDs and around 1000 passing yards).

The Saints aren't going to beat anyone when Bush/Duce combine to fumble 3 times and both run scared the rest of the game. Houston is a really underated team, they have a solid QB now, one of the best WR's in the game and #1 pick Mario Williams is living up to the pick by dominating the trenches so far this year.

Niners over Rams ... it was a close one that the Rams gave away, but I had Niners picked from the start. St Louis was missing 3 starters on the O-Line leaving Bulger to be running for his life and Jackson had no holes to run through. Mix that with the most underated Defence led by a young ray lewis clone in Willis ... If the Niner O can get going they will be one of the biggest surprises in the NFL this year.

bluetek
09-18-2007, 12:31 AM
haha Mr. Jackson...2500 yards...ya right buddy.:drama:

Good for the niners, lions, texans, and pack. Hope they keep it up.

Man the Browns and Titans always seem to play the Bengals and Colts tough, respectively.

urbannomad
09-18-2007, 02:17 PM
very true!

man that afc north is going to be crazy! :nut:

3/4 teams might get into the playoffs!

slick2404
09-21-2007, 08:53 PM
so what are you picks for this week

calgary350z
09-21-2007, 11:10 PM
I won on point spread with a 5 game parlay in week one but last week was rough. Here are my pics for anyone wanting a pretty decent chance of winning some cash this weekend.

1. Det over Phi -6.5
2. Hou over Ind -7.5
3. Cin over Sea -3.5
4 Chi -2.5 over Dal
5 Ten over NO -4.5

md14
09-23-2007, 02:52 PM
Naw no way ^^

Sea over Cin
Dal over Chi
NO over Ten

Go Randy! :D

Benny
09-24-2007, 02:09 AM
AND MY COWBOYS SPANK THE BEARS ON HOME TURF!!! :thumbsup:

urbannomad
09-24-2007, 11:41 PM
ugghhh, my bears got owned :(

stupid stupid rex....how i and the rest of chicago loathe thee...time for griese! :thumbsup:

CKY
09-24-2007, 11:47 PM
My oh my am I dissapointed. Saints are in the shits, getting boo'ed by their home crowd too. What a difference a year makes

Benny
09-25-2007, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by urbannomad
ugghhh, my bears got owned :(

stupid stupid rex....how i and the rest of chicago loathe thee...time for griese! :thumbsup:

That just confuses the shit outta me. The guy is just not a good QB, yet the team and plenty of the fans still stick by him.

Why?

ChokeEmOut
09-25-2007, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by CKY
My oh my am I dissapointed. Saints are in the shits, getting boo'ed by their home crowd too. What a difference a year makes

Yeah, I had a good laugh at Breese near the end of the game, everything is falling apart for the poor guy.

0 - 3 , 1 TD , 9+ INT.. :rofl:

E46..sTyLez
09-25-2007, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Benny
AND MY COWBOYS SPANK THE BEARS ON HOME TURF!!! :thumbsup:

:werd: :werd: Ive got bragging rights throughout my whole office. Everyone told me my cowboys were gonna get spanked in Chi town...HA yeah right!!

Anthony Henry is now leading the league with 4 picks in 3 games!!!

Plus Marion Barber is entering "freak" territory he had like a 6.8yrd average!! and he didn't even get player of the game!! it went to T.O!! haha how bout them cowboys...

urbannomad
09-25-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Benny

That just confuses the shit outta me. The guy is just not a good QB, yet the team and plenty of the fans still stick by him.

Why?

because he has potential, everyone knows that.

It's just him and his stupid fucking mental block....he needs to a see a sports psychologist.

I can guarantee that we bears fans, want rex to succeed, but when the time comes to come from behind, or make plays, he screws up....constantly!

That's what everyone hates about him, and not to mention that he was a 1st round pick....what a bust that would be, for the long term. short term, it was a great pick up cuz we went to the bowl....but like i said, it's time for griese.

slick2404
09-29-2007, 09:41 AM

...Plus Marion Barber is entering "freak" territory he had like a 6.8yrd average!! and he didn't even get player of the game!! it went to T.O!! haha how bout them cowboys...

HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!! Barber is the man, the 1,2 punch with Jones is working out pretty well.
Put your picks down for Sunday!!!

Sharpie
09-29-2007, 10:38 AM
Wow looking at the games this week, my proline is going to be hella hard...

5hift
09-29-2007, 10:56 AM
The cowboys have been impressive, racking up a ton of points, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. The have played 3 weak teams. The giants and fins are both messes with no defense to speak of, and the bears D is not what they used to be, missing 2 of their key guys on D and have a reject for their QB.

Barber is ripping it up because A) he comes on fresh midway through a game, when the D is starting to tire after facing Jones B) Dallas's O-line is by far the biggest most physical o line opening up a ton of holes. But yeah I love his physical, never go down or out of bounds style, but if he didnt have Jones splitting the load, he couldnt keep it up for a season.

We'll see if they are for real in week 6 when the Patriots come into town.

slick2404
09-30-2007, 12:12 AM
My Picks for week 4:
OAK @ MIA -OAK
NE @ CIN -NE
DEN @ IND -IND
KC @ SD -SD
PIT @ ARI -PIT
SEA @ SF -SEA
STL @ DAL -DAL
BAL @ CLE -BAL
NYJ @ BUF -NYJ

md14
09-30-2007, 01:38 PM
The greatest show on turf....

Yeah No....

There 0-Line is gone and Bulger is hurtin, :thumbsdow

Benny
09-30-2007, 02:35 PM
HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!!!

4-0

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070930/capt.fcd91e6e1eeb4e099707ef561eca486f.rams_cowboys_football_irv107.jpg

9IITEyEDYDY

md14
10-01-2007, 11:56 PM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2007/75557852TL033_SAN_DIEGO_CHA_20070916210743_gallery_600.jpg

Oh Randy :bigpimp:

bluetek
10-02-2007, 12:02 AM
^Pictures tell a thousand words my friends. Very convincing win tonight. Morris filled in quite well. :D

I believe our boy Harrison will be back next week...

max_boost
10-02-2007, 12:07 AM
How long can the Pats keep it going? This is ridiculous! They have killed every team they've played this year.

E46..sTyLez
10-02-2007, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
How long can the Pats keep it going? This is ridiculous! They have killed every team they've played this year.

....so have the cowboys sam ;) haha

The cowboys now officially have the #1 offence in the NFL. both yards and points:thumbsup:

bluetek
10-02-2007, 09:49 AM
Haha The Patriots have beat every team they've played by at least 20 points.

Should be interesting when week 6 rolls around. Patriots roll into Dallas. Lets start placing our bets. :)

5hift
10-02-2007, 10:09 AM
New England will spank Dallas. The cowboys have yet to face a solid D. Chicago doesnt count as their entire starting secondary did not start not to mention run stuffer Tommy Harris was out the previous week. New England has rolled over everyone with their RB1 injured/playing hurt, and without their defensive leader in Harrison.

My Niners have fallen back to reality pretty quick. Vernon Davis out last week, Alex Smith this week, if Gore gets injured I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle it.

E46..sTyLez
10-02-2007, 10:26 AM
New England will spank Dallas. The cowboys have yet to face a solid D. Chicago doesnt count as their entire starting secondary did not start not to mention run stuffer Tommy Harris was out the previous week. New England has rolled over everyone with their RB1 injured/playing hurt, and without their defensive leader in Harrison.

My Niners have fallen back to reality pretty quick. Vernon Davis out last week, Alex Smith this week, if Gore gets injured I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle it.

Yeah 2 undefeated teams....should be a blowout. :rolleyes: Do even know what your talking about? Why don't we just give them the superbowl right now?!? lol

Nothing is for sure, but especially 2 undefeated clubs with the 2 top offences in the league. The Arizona cardinals beat the undefeated Steelers on the weekend!!! I bet you knew that was gonna happen too? haha

Same thing last year...everyone thought the undefeated Colts were gonna "spank" Dallas...look what happened. Not saying the Cowboys will win either (although I clearly hope so) but a "spanking" by either club is doubtful....should be a good game.

E46..sTyLez
10-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Oh and what "Solid D" have the patriots faced so far??? since that was your excuse for why the Cowboys are doing so well.

lets see....the JETS!!! lol nope 28th ranked D

San Diego??? 25th ranked Defence in the league.

Buffalo? 32nd (worst) ranked D

Cincinnati? 30th ranked D

Cowboys schedule:

NYG 16th ranked D

Miami 21st ranked D

Chicago 15th ranked D

STL Rams 24th ranked D

wow, you sure know what your talking about 5hift...:rolleyes:

bobby_lu
10-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Little late but my ticket for week 4 was:

(Spread of course)
ARZ +6
CLE +10 ( dont remember now)
KC +12
ATL +4

haha not only did they all beat the spread, they all won too!

50 paid 625

5hift
10-02-2007, 01:42 PM

Yeah 2 undefeated teams....should be a blowout. :rolleyes: Do even know what your talking about? Why don't we just give them the superbowl right now?!? lol

Nothing is for sure, but especially 2 undefeated clubs with the 2 top offences in the league. The Arizona cardinals beat the undefeated Steelers on the weekend!!! I bet you knew that was gonna happen too? haha

Same thing last year...everyone thought the undefeated Colts were gonna "spank" Dallas...look what happened. Not saying the Cowboys will win either (although I clearly hope so) but a "spanking" by either club is doubtful....should be a good game.

I dont recall giving the Pats the superbowl just because they have reached 4-0 with ease. I never said it was for sure, I stated my opinion about what I think will happen in week 6. What does bringing in other upsets this week (Ari over Pit) have anything to do with what I said? I bet you knew the Ravens would top the Browns and the Cheifs would beat the chargers, haha ... since that really helps the argument huh.

Last year actually not many people gave the Colts enough credit. Sure they had their larger than normal bandwagon just like the cowboys do this year, but their d was brutal. They had a streak going, but no one thought it would last because of how bad their D was. It was because defensive captain Bob Sanders was out and anyone could run on them. You probably missed that as usually defensive stats arent really shown on highlights or on the week's top performer lists.

5hift
10-02-2007, 01:54 PM
Oh and what "Solid D" have the patriots faced so far??? since that was your excuse for why the Cowboys are doing so well.

lets see....the JETS!!! lol nope 28th ranked D

San Diego??? 25th ranked Defence in the league.

Buffalo? 32nd (worst) ranked D

Cincinnati? 30th ranked D

Cowboys schedule:

NYG 16th ranked D

Miami 21st ranked D

Chicago 15th ranked D

STL Rams 24th ranked D

wow, you sure know what your talking about 5hift...:rolleyes:

I'm glad you have the ability to look up nfl offensive stats on the internet. It really makes you seem smarter. However you forgot to look at/copy and paste the defensive stats.

Yeah I said, the Cowboys have faced weak D's , but its because they have. So have the Patriots, I never mentioned that, but I dont recall denying that either.

Since you are so good at looking up stats. Look up the points allowed and total defence for each team. Its the main difference between Dallas and New England. They both have good offenses, anyone can see that. Defense is where the difference is and its big... this is also with NE still missing their defensive captain in Harrison (you can only assume the D will get better when a probowl regular replaces a backup in the starting lineup. I have a hard time believing the Cowboys would be able to hold the Bengals to what the Pats did last night.

All of the above doesnt even factor in the huge coaching difference between Phillips and Belicheck. You've got to be pretty naive to believe coaching doesnt play a huge factor, and that the difference will not play a vital role in this matchup.

But then again I dont really know what I'm talking about so we'll have to wait and see.

E46..sTyLez
10-02-2007, 03:26 PM

I dont recall giving the Pats the superbowl just because they have reached 4-0 with ease. I never said it was for sure, I stated my opinion about what I think will happen in week 6. What does bringing in other upsets this week (Ari over Pit) have anything to do with what I said? I bet you knew the Ravens would top the Browns and the Cheifs would beat the chargers, haha ... since that really helps the argument huh.

Last year actually not many people gave the Colts enough credit. Sure they had their larger than normal bandwagon just like the cowboys do this year, but their d was brutal. They had a streak going, but no one thought it would last because of how bad their D was. It was because defensive captain Bob Sanders was out and anyone could run on them. You probably missed that as usually defensive stats arent really shown on highlights or on the week's top performer lists.

Stating your opinion? you sound pretty sure of yourself for an opinion... If you actually knew anything about football you'd know that its going to be a good game, not a spanking. Bringing up the upset is to make an example that anything can happen on sunday, calling a "spanking" when 2 of the top teams in the NFL are matching up makes you look foolish.

Why does everyone pull the "oh you can look up stats" card when somebody backs up their knowledge with facts??? lol

There are a few people on this forum that know how long ive been watching football, not just looking up stats. Ive been watching/loving football since I was just a little kid.

EDIT: oh and BTW the ravens didn't top the browns haha other way around.

E46..sTyLez
10-02-2007, 03:38 PM

I'm glad you have the ability to look up nfl offensive stats on the internet. It really makes you seem smarter. However you forgot to look at/copy and paste the defensive stats.

Yeah I said, the Cowboys have faced weak D's , but its because they have. So have the Patriots, I never mentioned that, but I dont recall denying that either.

Since you are so good at looking up stats. Look up the points allowed and total defence for each team. Its the main difference between Dallas and New England. They both have good offenses, anyone can see that. Defense is where the difference is and its big... this is also with NE still missing their defensive captain in Harrison (you can only assume the D will get better when a probowl regular replaces a backup in the starting lineup. I have a hard time believing the Cowboys would be able to hold the Bengals to what the Pats did last night.

All of the above doesnt even factor in the huge coaching difference between Phillips and Belicheck. You've got to be pretty naive to believe coaching doesnt play a huge factor, and that the difference will not play a vital role in this matchup.

But then again I dont really know what I'm talking about so we'll have to wait and see.

Cowboys are 8th in the league for yards allowed. Is that really what you were getting at?? The difference between 8th place in yds/allowed and 1st is a total of 73yds/game. Yeah HUGE difference man. Theres no way the Cowboys have a chance...
:rolleyes:

Cowboys are missing big DT Jason Ferguson...and have missed the Terrence Newman we all know, hes still not listed as 100% and he missed the first 3 games. That would have helped their D a lot. But unfortunetly injuries are a part of football, so don't use it as an excuse to say "a team would be better if this person wasn't injured"

BTW wade phillips has led the Cowboys to their best starting record since 1995 and they won the superbowl that year so I can't see why your questioning his coaching ability.

5hift
10-02-2007, 03:51 PM

Stating your opinion? you sound pretty sure of yourself for an opinion... If you actually knew anything about football you'd know that its going to be a good game, not a spanking. Bringing up the upset is to make an example that anything can happen on sunday, calling a "spanking" when 2 of the top teams in the NFL are matching up makes you look foolish.

Why does everyone pull the "oh you can look up stats" card when somebody backs up their knowledge with facts??? lol

There are a few people on this forum that know how long ive been watching football, not just looking up stats. Ive been watching/loving football since I was just a little kid.

Yeah anything can happen on sunday. Thats the reason both teams suit up. The point I'm trying to make is while both teams have powerhouse offenses, only one of them has a suffocating defence, and only one of them has the best coach in the league.

You posted only offensive stats for both teams, which are quite similar. Dallas being 1st with New England being close 2nd I believe. Post the overall defence and I think Pats are 1st and Dallas is somewhere in the middle of the pack. I'm sorry, I have a hard time seeing Romo run a botched snap 30+ yards for a first against the Patriots.

I'm glad you've been a fan of football since you were a kid, I have been too; playing 2 years pop warner and 4 years in highschool. I dont see how long either of us has been watching or playing has anything to do with this.

I'm not even a New England fan, I just respect them for being the class of the league. As you said anything can happen on Sunday, and Dallas could win, but I still dont see them on the same level as New England.

5hift
10-02-2007, 03:57 PM

BTW wade phillips has led the Cowboys to their best starting record since 1995 and they won the superbowl that year so I can't see why your questioning his coaching ability.

Yeah if you've been watching for as long as you say you have, you would remember how Wade Phillips led teams have done. My favorite Phillips moment was when he coached Buffalo in the music city miracle and sent a standard kickoff coverage team on the field in the dying seconds.

I dunno, the cowboys might go 16-0 and win the superbowl. I however have seen this group of players choke too many times in the last few years to take them seriously.

Btw you must really be a big Boys fan to be arguing with someone who isnt really even insulting the cowboys, I just think the Pats are better and will win in week 6 and have a better season this year.

E46..sTyLez
10-02-2007, 04:05 PM

Btw you must really be a big Boys fan to be arguing with someone who isnt really even insulting the cowboys, I just think the Pats are better and will win in week 6 and have a better season this year.

Yea im a pretty die-hard boys fan, I think I was named after them actually haha... I agree from a neutral perspective that the Pats appear to be a better team, and they very well could be...that will be decided in week 6. I was only arguing the fact that it was stated as "The Patriots will spank the Cowboys".

Im just sticking up for my team, which is fair. If someone had said "I think the Patriots are going to beat the Cowboys in week 6" ...I wouldn't have posted anything, cause thats a fair opinion.

E46..sTyLez
10-02-2007, 04:06 PM

Yeah if you've been watching for as long as you say you have, you would remember how Wade Phillips led teams have done. My favorite Phillips moment was when he coached Buffalo in the music city miracle and sent a standard kickoff coverage team on the field in the dying seconds.

Damn it! I was hoping you wouldn't bring that up!! haha yea i know i know, but some guys are better suited on different teams. Just like Parcells wasn't very well suited for the Cowboys.

E46..sTyLez
10-02-2007, 04:08 PM

I'm glad you've been a fan of football since you were a kid, I have been too; playing 2 years pop warner and 4 years in highschool. I dont see how long either of us has been watching or playing has anything to do with this.

I was just stating that im not a football noob that only knows/looks up stats.

5hift
10-02-2007, 04:09 PM

I agree from a neutral perspective that the Pats appear to be a better team, and they very well could be...that will be decided in week 6.

No it wont, playoffs will determine the better team. Week 6 is for bragging rights and the standings.

5hift
10-02-2007, 04:12 PM

Damn it! I was hoping you wouldn't bring that up!! haha yea i know i know, but some guys are better suited on different teams. Just like Parcells wasn't very well suited for the Cowboys.

Parcells wasnt suited for the Cowboys because he was brought out of a retirement he should have stayed in.

I hate Phillips mostly as he benched Flutie in the prime of his career to play a Qb that purposely took sacks in order to maintain his completion ratio.

bluetek
10-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Should be a real good game to watch. Although I thought the Pats and Bengals would be a good one, and look what happened there (not saying I didnt enjoy it :D)

Who knows what will happen (I'll keep my bias opinion to myself). All i know is I will be watching it. Just wish it was in Foxboro kinda.

On another note I'm impressed with Tomlin's coaching style. He's done a pretty good job this year.

E46..sTyLez
10-02-2007, 04:16 PM

No it wont, playoffs will determine the better team. Week 6 is for bragging rights and the standings.

Hmmm...aside from superbowl game between the 2...id say a head to head battle would be the judgement. Otherwise people will make excuses...like one team had an easier schedule in the playoffs. You don't get a better example of which team is better than a game against each other..lol

E46..sTyLez
10-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by bluetek
Should be a real good game to watch. Although I thought the Pats and Bengals would be a good one, and look what happened there (not saying I didnt enjoy it :D)

Who knows what will happen (I'll keep my bias opinion to myself). All i know is I will be watching it. Just wish it was in Foxboro kinda.

On another note I'm impressed with Tomlin's coaching style. He's done a pretty good job this year.

Bengals were missing their #1 running back, which also adds more attention to star receiver Chad Johnson. But i know what you mean. I was expecting a decent game until I heard the news about Rudi.

other note: Mike Tomlin has been doing a great job this year :thumbsup: Tough shoes to fill in Pittsburgh too

md14
10-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Man oh man, tough half for Romo..:drama:

5hift
10-08-2007, 08:36 PM
4 ints with 3 of them returned for TD's.

And we are in the 3rd still.

md14
10-08-2007, 10:09 PM
What a finish...

WOW

Manhattan
10-08-2007, 10:11 PM
HOLY FUCK. UNBELIEVABLE.:hitit:

I'd be :barf: if I were a Bills fan. Awesome game though.

5hift
10-08-2007, 10:14 PM
amazing finish, especially after that rookie kicker had to hit back to back 53 yarders.

That said, this was the Bills D, can't wait to see what the Pats D does.

5 or 6 turnovers by Romo, hopefully the media will drop the MVP talk and Favre comparisons

bobby_lu
10-08-2007, 10:15 PM
INSANE...wow love dem cowboys :bigpimp:

USHER
10-08-2007, 10:16 PM
what a great comeback!

sabad66
10-08-2007, 10:20 PM
One of the top 3 games i've ever watched!

slick2404
10-08-2007, 10:29 PM
HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!!!!!! MAN BEST FINISH