View Full Version : FS: Powerful Laptop for school/gaming

Eibbus
09-03-2007, 12:41 PM
Acer TravelMate 8204 WLMi

Price: SOLD

reno97637
09-03-2007, 01:06 PM
Trades + cash?
Say a HP DV5163CL w/ 2GB of RAM + $350 cash?

Eibbus
09-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by reno97637
Trades + cash?
Say a HP DV5163CL w/ 2GB of RAM + $350 cash?

No trades, sorry. Ill throw that up in the info too for future queries, thanks for your interest.

ga16i
09-03-2007, 06:09 PM
I saw your "and yes... that is Carbon Fibre" but I also noticed that the article says "with carbon fiber wrapping around the top lid" so is it REAL carbon fiber or is it of the checkered pattern pretend carbon fiber sticker variety?

and does it come with this bluetooth voip phone?
"One of the most impressive additions included with this laptop is the Bluetooth VoIP Phone."

Eibbus
09-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by ga16i
I saw your "and yes... that is Carbon Fibre" but I also noticed that the article says "with carbon fiber wrapping around the top lid" so is it REAL carbon fiber or is it of the checkered pattern pretend carbon fiber sticker variety?

and does it come with this bluetooth voip phone?
"One of the most impressive additions included with this laptop is the Bluetooth VoIP Phone."

It is definetly not a sticker or sticker pattern. It is an actual piece of carbon fibre built into the cover. The following was taken from http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2723

"Build and Design

The design was very nicely done, with the carbon fiber cover for the screen lid and the elegant curves of the main chassis, winning the iF Design Award for 2006. When pushing in on the lid there of the 8204WLMi there is no rippling of the screen whatsoever -- obviously the carbon fibre lid provides excellent protection.

The overall build is generally solid with very little flex on the screen and the fit between the various components that make up the chassis is tight. The smiley design keyboard was also solid with no flex."

Regarding the Bluetooth voip phone. That will not be included with the computer. I never recieved one with the computer or was aware I should have until visiting these notebook review sites. These sites do state that the 8204 were packaged and setup differently based on what country they were from. The specs listed above are accurate.

lewdvig
09-03-2007, 08:02 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Eibbus
09-05-2007, 08:04 AM
Bump. This needs to go soon. Price is somewhat flexible.

oz388
09-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Hi does anyone know how much faster a Core 2 Duo 2GHz CPU compare with this Core Duo 2GHz??

Eibbus
09-07-2007, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by oz388
Hi does anyone know how much faster a Core 2 Duo 2GHz CPU compare with this Core Duo 2GHz??

Core Duo is Intel's first dual-core CPU. It's a whole new architecture for Microsoft, using two cores on a single die, which, put simply, gives you two chips in one package. Running at lower speeds than the old Pentium line, the Core Duo conserves substantial power vs. ratcheting up clock speed while offering what was, at the time, record-breaking performance.

Now there's Core 2 Duo. In many ways Core 2 is the same as Core: The chips are built using the same production process and fit in the same sockets as Core Duo chips. Putting aside Core 2 Extreme (a fancy version of the Core 2 Duo), you won't see many spec changes: Both chips have the same frontside bus speed of 667MHz, but Core 2 Duo is now available at somewhat faster clock speeds (as I write this, 2.67GHz chips are available). The frontside bus communicates between the CPU and RAM (and other components), and it's a notorious performance bottleneck for computers. The Core 2 also has the same L2 cache that the Core has. However, there are architecture changes to the silicon that give the Core 2 more sophisticated processing abilities. Both chips exist in desktop and laptop versions.

Why does all of this matter? Performance, pure and simple. In my tests, Core 2 Duo computers outperform Core Duo computers on tasks across the board, from rendering graphics and video to spell-checking documents. The speed improvement varies widely, but on average it's about 30 percent. That's significant in an industry that thrives on tiny, incremental improvement. Better yet, there's not an appreciable difference in battery life on notebooks, as power consumption for both chips (at the same clock speed) is about the same.

also. PRICE DROP. This needs to go.

$1100

Eibbus
09-08-2007, 11:05 AM
*weekend bump* Ok I really need to sell this soon. Start sending me offers. I'll strongly consider any reasonable offers.

dude1331
09-09-2007, 10:31 AM
6 bills

Eibbus
09-10-2007, 08:03 AM
Sold Already guys. Thanks for your interest.

:closed: