PDA

View Full Version : RE:Students Attending MRC

Prolifique
09-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Show yourselves!
I'm taking BSc and want to get to know some more people.
Pro's GF

Hakkola
09-03-2007, 05:36 PM
I just left, will miss that school. :(

Classes are pretty small, I'm sure you'll make lots of friends there.

ALI BABA
09-03-2007, 05:53 PM
ya just left too....gona miss the ladies:banghead:

CCM Pro
09-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Im in Business admin

Prolifique
09-03-2007, 10:48 PM
That's cool, yeah the only reason I chose it over UofC is that the classes are smaller and that it's a better transition to Uni. then going to Uni straight up.
First day tomorrow, I'm anxious.
I hate how my classes on Tue, Wed, & Thurs start @ 8:banghead:
Other than that, hope I'd see some of you guys there,
Pro's GF, Eileen.

Dayclone
09-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Hey I'm in the accounting stuff!

TegLover
09-03-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Prolifique
That's cool, yeah the only reason I chose it over UofC is that the classes are smaller and that it's a better transition to Uni. then going to Uni straight up.
First day tomorrow, I'm anxious.
I hate how my classes on Tue, Wed, & Thurs start @ 8:banghead:
Other than that, hope I'd see some of you guys there,
Pro's GF, Eileen.

I agree and 8 am classes blow i did that last sem and it was pretty brutal. MRC is a great place to be and you will like it.

jampack
09-03-2007, 11:13 PM
present :thumbsup:

Nav13
09-03-2007, 11:29 PM
ill be there.. but i dont start till wed. hope to meet all you guys. i remember every friday a couple years ago they used to have a beyond meet. dont know if you guys would be up for that again. ill be the one driving the silver 4th gen lude with the nasty sounds exhuast. and im gettin it changed just as soon as i get some money.

Kobe
09-03-2007, 11:48 PM
Im in business admin aswell

LBG
09-04-2007, 01:29 AM
i heard for many of my friends who have personall experiece is that the transfer program to university of calgary is hard and sometime you dont even get accepted and you have to do it all over again. thats why i am going striaght to university

AquamosH
09-04-2007, 02:19 AM
I'll be there for a semester or two: HR certificate program.

turbotrip
09-04-2007, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by LBG
and sometime you dont even get accepted and you have to do it all over again.

more often than not

TNation
09-04-2007, 03:05 AM
it all depends on marks.. a GPA of over 3 should get you into any arts degree when transferring from MRC to the U of C. Higher marks are needed for engineering and sciences.

thrasher22
09-04-2007, 03:09 PM
I'm in my 4th year of Electronic Publishing!
There isn't tons regarding big social things like U of C has, but I couldn't care less. You'll like it there, everyone is pretty friendly.

murd4
09-04-2007, 03:12 PM
cool bach of sci your taking right?
im taking financial managment there!
pretty sweet school all around!

you will have hella fun!

IntegraG2
09-04-2007, 06:06 PM
im in business admin accounting...im driving the red boosted EG.....

Dayclone
09-04-2007, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by IntegraG2
im in business admin accounting...im driving the red boosted EG.....

Hey what classes did u have today?

I had Marketing, and Microeconomics... maybe I saw u?

Prolifique
09-04-2007, 06:15 PM
Today was pretty basic, I don't have too much mathamatical stuff.
Bio 2231
Chem 2201
Math 1285
AST 2201
ENG 2231
I think that's the basic 1st year for BSc.
I tried to get into Spanish, but since they cut off the waitlists, I got Astronomy.

Yeah It'd be cool to meet up with the chill beyonders.
Pro's GF:D

CCM Pro
09-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Dayclone

I had those 2 as well...:thumbsup:

Hakkola
09-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Today was pretty basic, I don't have too much mathamatical stuff.
Bio 2231
Chem 2201
Math 1285
AST 2201
ENG 2231
I think that's the basic 1st year for BSc.
I tried to get into Spanish, but since they cut off the waitlists, I got Astronomy.

Yeah It'd be cool to meet up with the chill beyonders.
Pro's GF:D

Good luck with Bio2231, that is the most fucked up class I ever took at mrc. I thought I knew everything for the midterm, things did not go well for me, or the rest of the class...

IntegraG2
09-04-2007, 07:59 PM

i had FNCE 4407, LSCM4403, and ENTR3333 today....

Kobe
09-04-2007, 09:09 PM
I got

MKTG 3257
ECON 2201 and
MKTG 2154 tomorrow

SoSlowDx
09-04-2007, 10:19 PM
AJUS 3301, 3305, 3309 and 4403 for me on Monday and Tuesday

Prolifique
09-04-2007, 11:38 PM
Is anyone else taking this, and is most likely in one of three classes ( One being in mine)?

It's really inconvenient to know that your prof isn't going to be doing lectures half of the time, and that you're doing most of the work on your own at your time with barely any supervision. He calls it an "experiment" that he's trying out. Well he's right about the flexablity that not having to show up for half of your lectures gives you, but you're there to learn and you're paying money so the prof gives you the info that you need to learn how to apply for your future career.
)lol this is getting werdeh:P)
I hate how the prof keeps your monies when you're gonna be the one teaching yourself the material. I guess it's the lab fees&etc...

I still have the HiSchool mentality, this is college, It should sink in soon.

I'm gonna see how the chem goes for this week, if I don't like it (I'm still giving it a chance even though it's scaring me) I'mma drop it so low, and take a different section next semester.

Pro's SuperGF
:clap:

Lonely_Driver
09-04-2007, 11:44 PM
I'm in the Bcomm transfer program. Good luck with ASTR 2201. I dreaded that class like no tomorrow. It was so bloody boring I fell asleep almost everyday lol. I'm definitely down for a Beyond MRC student meet just let me know when.

Happy schooling.

KRyn
09-04-2007, 11:44 PM
Beyond MRC Meet!

403Gemini
09-05-2007, 12:00 AM
we used to do weekly beyond meets in the s9 parking lot a few years back... back in the day lol

Prolifique
09-05-2007, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
we used to do weekly beyond meets in the s9 parking lot a few years back... back in the day lol
We should do that, it'd be nice to see what kind of peeps are at beyond.
I've got my friday mornings/noon free, and mondays, wed,fri off at 4.
What about you guys?
Pro's GF

Dayclone
09-05-2007, 05:17 PM
For me pretty much anything in between lunch...

Cause I have like 4-5~ hours of pure nothing! in between the days. So let me know!

Steve

94CoRd
09-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Big up for CIS - B :thumbsup:
Big down for lack of ladies in the program :thumbsdow

Dayclone
09-06-2007, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by 94CoRd
Big up for CIS - B :thumbsup:
Big down for lack of ladies in the program :thumbsdow

Heh my english 2201 class is like mostly girls...

Prolifique
09-07-2007, 12:15 AM

Heh my english 2201 class is like mostly girls...
I'm taking that course, what section are you in?
I have it at 8-9:50 T&R. It's preetty shitty cause i have to wake up at 6 in order to get there on time.
That's that.
Pro's GF

GTS Jeff
09-07-2007, 02:25 AM
Pro's GF Don't you find that by having to post under your boyfriend's account, that you are affirming patriarchal notions that a woman is a slave to her man? You are ascribing to the idea that females are somehow not worthy of creating their own accounts, that they are somehow inferior to man, especially in a man's world of cars and the internet.

By referring to yourself merely as, "Pro's GF," you devalue yourself as an individual, and defer that value to your boyfriend, who is demarcated as your owner. You've thrown away your name and marked yourself as an item, of material worth, with its owner, a male. Much like a television or a toothbrush, you don't have a name.

As a feminist, I am thoroughly appalled.

three.eighteen.
09-07-2007, 03:16 AM
that's classic jeff right there

SoSlowDx
09-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Had him on ignore, but I was curious to see what he had to say.

Seriously, who cares if she's using her bf's account.

gpomp
09-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by SoSlowDx
Seriously, who cares if she's using her bf's account. did you even read what jeff said? lol

GTS Jeff
09-07-2007, 08:12 PM
Feminists care, and in a more encompassing way, all real activists and dissenters of oppression should care as well. Much like the way objectification of woman is a crime against feminism, your apathy is a crime against freedom.

SoSlowDx
09-07-2007, 10:10 PM
I understand and agree with him, I'm just looking at it in a lighter way.:)

Dayclone
09-07-2007, 11:20 PM

I'm taking that course, what section are you in?
I have it at 8-9:50 T&R. It's preetty shitty cause i have to wake up at 6 in order to get there on time.
That's that.
Pro's GF

HEY ME TOO!! sorry for caps.

Yeh I gotta do the same routine, wake up at 6 and be there by 7, just incase of accidetns on Glenmore or Deerfoot, and especially in Winter i'll be there just in time!

Steve

English 2201 sec 118 or 018.

And Jeff, do not change the subject please.

If you want to start your own thread on how women "devalue" themselves then you go ahead. But not here!, also what kinda guy are you? taking a stand for women. That would also make you also "inferior" to man since your a feminist. Sorry to bash you, but really it's (her) choice that she's on her boyfriends account. She has the ability, and power to make her own. It's just maybe she's busy? or has no time to really make her own account. And if you care that much about it, why don't you make her one?

Gah I don't want to talk anymore to you, about feminism. We'll just leave it there. I respect women, but really it's their choice to choose the roads they go down. It's their life, not mine. And if some external force is saying she can't create her own account, then maybe she should face that external problem, or else hide in fear forever. Now moving on...

BerserkerCatSplat
09-07-2007, 11:46 PM
This forum needs tags. Some people just can't seem to tell whether he's being serious or not. :nut:

GTS Jeff
09-08-2007, 01:07 AM
Really, I started to type a response, but I realized halfway through that it wouldn't matter...oh well, I'll put up your quote in my sig anyway, and a few people can have a laugh at your expense.

For what it's worth though, consider that feminism has nothing to do with superiority of the female sex and that being a feminist doesn't imply a renouncement of one's masculinity (unless it really is that fragile, in which case, you've got bigger problems.)

SoSlowDx
09-08-2007, 11:01 AM
"Ignore List" FTW:thumbsup:

Prolifique
09-08-2007, 04:27 PM
Dear Jeff;
LMAO

My bf shares his account (amongst almost everything else) with me, and although I had shaw, and now telus, for my ISP, my mom has managed to lose our IP email addresses, therefore serving as an inconvenience to my wanting to sign on and making my own screenname.
since gmail, and hotmail are not allowed to be used for the creation of a new SN, I doubt my mtroyal email would work too.
there's the story, and thanks for a laugh, joker.
(p.s. I use my "Pro's GF" so you guys don't confuse my bf to be gay when I'm the one who posts in pink ;)

:rofl:

Dear Dayclone,
Who's your instructor?
Mine's Laura.

PINK GIRL

Gainsbarre
09-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Don't you find that by having to post under your boyfriend's account, that you are affirming patriarchal notions that a woman is a slave to her man? You are ascribing to the idea that females are somehow not worthy of creating their own accounts, that they are somehow inferior to man, especially in a man's world of cars and the internet.

By referring to yourself merely as, "Pro's GF," you devalue yourself as an individual, and defer that value to your boyfriend, who is demarcated as your owner. You've thrown away your name and marked yourself as an item, of material worth, with its owner, a male. Much like a television or a toothbrush, you don't have a name.

As a feminist, I am thoroughly appalled.

Damn, I love Jeff's posts. I completely agree -- there have been MANY similar instances (here and in real life) where I've wanted to say the exact same thing, but have only done so a handful of times.

01RedDX
09-11-2007, 10:29 PM

Dayclone
09-12-2007, 06:38 AM
Dear Jeff;
LMAO

My bf shares his account (amongst almost everything else) with me, and although I had shaw, and now telus, for my ISP, my mom has managed to lose our IP email addresses, therefore serving as an inconvenience to my wanting to sign on and making my own screenname.
since gmail, and hotmail are not allowed to be used for the creation of a new SN, I doubt my mtroyal email would work too.
there's the story, and thanks for a laugh, joker.
(p.s. I use my "Pro's GF" so you guys don't confuse my bf to be gay when I'm the one who posts in pink ;)

:rofl:

Dear Dayclone,
Who's your instructor?
Mine's Laura.

PINK GIRL

Yep mines Laura Adamo too! What's your name? lol I'll find u in class :)

SunniSunShine
09-12-2007, 03:11 PM
he shares everything with you?

shit, i guess ill be the first to tell you to expect Gonorrhea

Dayclone
09-12-2007, 10:09 PM
Really, I started to type a response, but I realized halfway through that it wouldn't matter...oh well, I'll put up your quote in my sig anyway, and a few people can have a laugh at your expense.

For what it's worth though, consider that feminism has nothing to do with superiority of the female sex and that being a feminist doesn't imply a renouncement of one's masculinity (unless it really is that fragile, in which case, you've got bigger problems.)

Thanks Jeff, you should write a book on feminism :D If that makes you happy.

Stange because in class today we were talking about sterotyping, and discrimination... How IRONIC?

copynpaste
09-15-2007, 11:58 AM
Since when did MRC have a biz admin course? lol, i bet its packed with girls in it.

GTS Jeff
09-15-2007, 01:36 PM

Stange because in class today we were talking about sterotyping, and discrimination... How IRONIC? I don't think you know what irony is.

three.eighteen.
09-15-2007, 01:42 PM

Stange because in class today we were talking about sterotyping, and discrimination... How IRONIC?

you = id0it

Prolifique
09-17-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
Actually no, Pro's GF is emasculating him by being able to use his account anytime she pleases.

He owns the account, she owns the owner.

LOL

Mmmhmn.
That's right guys, he's right here watchin'.
Keepin it real
(astronomy is sooooooooooooo boring)
PNKGRL:clap:

Prolifique
09-17-2007, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by SunniSunShine
he shares everything with you?

shit, i guess ill be the first to tell you to expect Gonorrhea
Well i'm led to believe im the only one he's being with recently(the past one year and such months), so i think not buddi.
lol.
love the guy to death,
pro's gf:confused:

oops i double posted.

GTS Jeff
09-17-2007, 11:35 PM

Well i'm led to believe im the only one he's being with recently(the past one year and such months), so i think not buddi.
lol.
love the guy to death,
pro's gf:confused:

oops i double posted.

Ok let me put it this way:

90% of your posts talk about your BF in some way, from a simple acknowledgement that you are his GF, to grand proclamations of your love for him.

0% of his posts mention you.

Prolifique
09-17-2007, 11:41 PM

Ok let me put it this way:

90% of your posts talk about your BF in some way, from a simple acknowledgement that you are his GF, to grand proclamations of your love for him.

0% of his posts mention you.

Jeff is just jealous.;)
(Jeff want's me his gf) :D

GTS Jeff
09-18-2007, 12:45 AM

Jeff is just jealous.;)
(Jeff want's me his gf) :D Sigh, yeah. :(

Pics? :)

GTS Jeff
09-18-2007, 12:46 AM
Oh yeah BTW, pink is my colour, as you can see by my user title.

Prolifique
09-20-2007, 11:49 PM
are you hinting at something?
;)
(girl pro)

Prolifique
09-20-2007, 11:52 PM
man im so dropping astr 2203, the most flat, boring class ever.
have gone to two or three lectures in 2 1/2 weeks.
i suggest noone take it unless you like your mexican instructor (barely understandable) to give you a lecture on diagrams and formulas blah blah blah. i cant imagine what his tests are gonna be like.
soooooooooo dry
it's the opposite of what i though.
pro girl,
(lol that sounds uber feminisshtt now)
:hitit:

JAYMEZ
09-21-2007, 03:00 AM
Anyone here drive a RHD Red Mr2? Had him follow my Supra today at school :rofl:

andyg16
09-21-2007, 09:06 AM
^^ Jaymez you go to MRC? I havent seen your supra around

GTS Jeff
09-22-2007, 06:52 PM
are you hinting at something?
;)
(girl pro) Maybe you're hinting at something. ;) ;)

JAYMEZ
09-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by andyg16
^^ Jaymez you go to MRC? I havent seen your supra around

I drive the Porsche most the time.. I bought a Res Pass haha.. I dont want anyone hitting my car :thumbsup:

Prolifique
09-24-2007, 10:06 PM
I'm just playin'
:)

GTS Jeff
09-25-2007, 12:13 AM
I'm just playin'
:) Foreplay? Now we talkin, girl.

Team_BMW
09-25-2007, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
Anyone here drive a RHD Red Mr2? Had him follow my Supra today at school :rofl:

Yeh it's my buddies car. Does it have black rims? and I think red lip? lol...

and damn that's a nice ride u got Jaymes, cause I was wonderin who's the kid driving a porsche.

Prolifique
09-25-2007, 08:28 PM
haha, whatever floats yer ship
girl pro
it'll be funny when my bf reads this
(manashiquetam asal mwah) :hitit:

Prolifique
10-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Man it's been long since i;ve been on beyond, been too too super busy at school. just did two midterms and two more to go on tuesday.
Hate how they bunch up all the exams and project on the same day.

How's school going for the other MRC students,
same spot?

Pro's G:thumbsup: