PDA

View Full Version : 05 and newer mustang.

Barlow
09-03-2007, 05:42 PM
So i know they are beasts and such.

I also know how economically friendly they are.

my question is however, how do they handle?

I tried to read on some of the mustang forums... but couldn;t get a clear idea.

With Beyond and all the i know everything about car ppl, was wondering if anyone knew how they handeled and how effective aftermarket is in terms of making the mustang handle nicely....

Thank you

Barlow

The Cosworth
09-03-2007, 05:44 PM
they dont handle well at all, I almost took one in a 1/2 mile race in the track. Wicked in a straight line though.

If you get one with IRS though (which would be a roush or Saleen) they would kick ass

Tik-Tok
09-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Barlow

my question is however, how do they handle?

With Beyond and all the i know everything about car ppl, was wondering if anyone knew how they handeled and how effective aftermarket is in terms of making the mustang handle nicely....

Thank you

Barlow

I had one for a couple of years, it handles "OK" for it's weight. I never modded any of the suspension though, apparently if you spend a little money, it gets a whole lot better, but you still have an old school rear diff.

Power wise, EASY to mod, I had a cold air intake, long tube headers, high flow cats, and 91 octane tune, and dyno'd at 345rwhp. I think it cost me $2200 (ordered everything from U.S., and installed myself). They also have some nice cams out now that Iwould have by now, if I still had the car.

Cheap interior though, one of my biggest problems with it.

4wheeldrift
09-03-2007, 08:23 PM
The handling isn't as bad as a lot of people make them out to be, but that being said it's not exactly fantastic either out of the box. They're better than the previous generations in terms of handling but can still benefit from the usual suspects (springs, shocks, sways, bushings).

In terms of aftermarket support, theres not as much available for the 05+ as there is for the older cars, but there's quite a few companies offering bits for them. Get some wider, grippier rubber under them and a proper suspension and they can hang with cars costing a lot more in the twisties.