PDA

View Full Version : Apexi Super Intake cone filter...question

-QA-
09-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Just have a few questions,

I have an apexi "Super Intake" cone filter the thing looks like crap..

are these lifetime air filters?
if so
can i use any filter cleaning kit on them(k&n for example)?
How exactly is the cleaning process on a cone filter?

4wheeldrift
09-03-2007, 08:10 PM
I don't think that type of apexi filter is an unlimited use type of filter. The dry paper media of that particular filter is not meant to be cleaned the way a wet cotton filter like a K&N is.

-QA-
09-03-2007, 08:36 PM
damn, who would have these filters in stock? anyone know?

SHO
09-03-2007, 08:46 PM
I believe that the Apex'i intake is supposed to be maintance free. They don't really stipulate that the filter ever needing cleaning. I figure if your going to try and clean it maybe use some car wash soap and imerse it in a bucket. Gently bursh off any debris clinging to the filter (old tooth brush) and let dry and see how she holds up. My reasoning is the Apex'i filter is supposed to be a oil free filter so adding the K&N filter stuff may do more damage than good (restrict flow). If that does not work, I believe Rx-7 Specialties has some new ones in stock don't know how much $ they want for them.

-QA-
09-03-2007, 09:27 PM
damn man i wish these intakes were maintenace free

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n43/DocQmentary/IMGP1429-1.jpg

im embarrassed showing this here ^ :eek: maintenace free my foot lol

but ya i will try the K&N cleaner but not the oil, let you guys know if it doesn anything :thumbsup:

Hoey
10-20-2007, 12:26 PM
K&N filters have oil in the fitlers. thats why they get certain cleaning processes. I dont think the Apex'i one has an oil based filter, I think its a regular paper filter, Therefore just wash it in soap and water. K&N Filter has the cleaning kits because using soap and water or just blowing it out with air will make the filter no longer "filter".

Zephyr
10-21-2007, 01:18 AM
One of the best filters on the market. Dont use the K&N recharge kit, just wash it

andyg16
10-22-2007, 12:33 PM
hey anyone know where i can pick up the K&N cleaning kit?

Annoyingrob
10-22-2007, 04:48 PM
I used to run one of those on my car. I used to hose it off, take my air compressor, and blow it dry.