PDA

View Full Version : Photo Radar / Portable Red Light locations for June

kenny
05-24-2002, 02:30 AM
From June 1st through June 30, 2002 Photo Radar will be deployed along the following routes:

Macleod Trail S
14 Street NW
Glenmore Trail SW/SE
16 Avenue NW/NE
Deerfoot Trail North/South

The portable red light camera will be targetting the following areas:

Marlborough
Falconridge
Downtown Core

Be careful! :angel:

RiceCake
05-24-2002, 02:32 AM
:thumbsup: thanks for the heads up as always kenny!:thumbsup:

:angel: i know all of us on here obey the traffic laws :angel:

James
05-24-2002, 02:33 AM
Sweet , not that i speed anyway though:D :rolleyes: :angel:

Where did you find that stuff out? or is it confidential?:p

HRD2PLZ
05-24-2002, 12:48 PM
I've seen it in the Sun a few times. I think its kinda funny how they warn people pf their locations before hand, and still make $$$ :rolleyes:

speedracer
05-24-2002, 12:58 PM
Is this the same setup as a car park on the side?

Or is it the Stationary White box's ?

kenny
05-24-2002, 01:45 PM
The portable red light cameras look just like the stationary white boxes except the park a van in front of it telling you there is one there.

kenny
05-24-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by James
Where did you find that stuff out? or is it confidential?:p

Calgary Police Service publishes the location every month. I just try to save everyones time and post it so you guys/gals dont need to look for it yourselves.

speedracer
05-24-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by kenny
The portable red light cameras look just like the stationary white boxes except the park a van in front of it telling you there is one there.

Why couldn't they do that for photo radar as well....:nut:

kenny
05-24-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by speedracer

Why couldn't they do that for photo radar as well....:nut:

They do! except its a black super tinted truck, quite obvious.

2K255HP
05-24-2002, 03:40 PM
I never knew they published it
All i know is that when they do set up photo radars they are always at the same locations never anywhere new
But thanx for the heads up ;)

GTS Jeff
05-24-2002, 04:27 PM
I've always wondered about photo radar....more than once I've been zooming along when I see a photo radar van/truck (sometimes quite late) and then I slam on the brakes...Does that throw it off somehow so it gets a picture of nothing? I've never gotten a photo radar ticket...is it cuz I do this?

I also switch lanes and try to get a car between me and the camera if possible

speedracer
05-24-2002, 04:32 PM
I mean a sign :rofl:

The tinted vehicals are pretty easy to spot unless you have friends that park thier blue dakota with tinted windows...:bigpimp: You wouldn't believe the number of near accidents...

kenny
05-24-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
I've always wondered about photo radar....more than once I've been zooming along when I see a photo radar van/truck (sometimes quite late) and then I slam on the brakes...Does that throw it off somehow so it gets a picture of nothing? I've never gotten a photo radar ticket...is it cuz I do this?

I also switch lanes and try to get a car between me and the camera if possible

Photo Radar does not check your speed until you PASS it. If you slam on the brakes and reach speed limit before you pass the truck, you will NOT get a ticket. This is why many people argue that Photo Radar does not increase safety as you have multiple lanes of traffic braking hard to avoid the speeding ticket only to cause many near fender benders.