PDA

View Full Version : FS: my 90 gtr again, F**K

boarderfatty
09-03-2007, 10:18 PM
not for sale!!!

natejj
09-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Have you talked to a laywer? You really should... I wouldnt take that crap. Since hes 16, in theory, your bill of sale is void, is it not? Therefore, you never sold him the car, therefore he damaged your car? Just thinking outloud....

boarderfatty
09-03-2007, 10:20 PM

jbabante
09-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by natejj
Have you talked to a laywer? You really should... I wouldnt take that crap. Since hes 16, in theory, your bill of sale is void, is it not? Therefore, you never sold him the car, therefore he damaged your car? Just thinking outloud....

very good point!

WWJAI
09-03-2007, 10:38 PM
I think you should talk to a lawyer as well as this is a confusing matter since he did sign a bill of sale.

But what i'm wondering most is how the hell did a 16 year old afford a $17800 car without his parent's help.

accord823
09-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Selling Drugs??

Originally posted by WWJAI
I think you should talk to a lawyer as well as this is a confusing matter since he did sign a bill of sale.

But what i'm wondering most is how the hell did a 16 year old afford a $17800 car without his parent's help.

eblend
09-03-2007, 10:47 PM
Man thats bullshit, I would never take a car back that I sold. Seriously, tell em to fuck off and see if they will actually take you to court or not, if they do expain it to them, worst case scenario you get your car back, but i doubt that would happen.

LBG
09-03-2007, 11:13 PM
yea man fuck that if i was you i would not take the car back thats bullshit the kid was probably being stupid and showing off and blew the engine

boarderfatty
09-03-2007, 11:13 PM

Chester
09-04-2007, 12:11 AM
Don't take that shit man. He fucked up the car, his problem. If you take it back, he should have to pay for the damage he caused.

lauphman
09-04-2007, 12:18 AM
i dont see why the bill of sale is not valid.
ive bought 2 cars before i was 18, had no problem insuring them and registering them on my own. only thing i needed parental consent was with getting my actual license.

funkedelic
09-04-2007, 12:24 AM
did you already take back the car? If you did you made a big mistake, esspecially if you gave them a refund.

#1 to selling a car..

SELL IT AS IS

As soon as they take possesion of the car, its in their hands, its THEIR problem and it doesn't hold you responsible for what could happen. Maybe the kid blew the engine because he was driving the car too hard or improperly.

I have had a similar problem, about a month later after i had sold a car the lady had some suspension problem and she said she was going to take me to court and that she had talked to a lawyer because i had ripped her off, ect.. and i told her to fuck off basically because the car was sold as is, and had an inspection showing there was no damage to the suspension.

It is their fault to not have checked out the car properly or gotten an inspection before they bought it.. its not your problem that the engine blew, stand your ground and tell them its their problem, if you have "as is" on your bill of sale.. it will hold up EVEN if they decide to take you to court.

GL

TomcoPDR
09-04-2007, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by lauphman
i dont see why the bill of sale is not valid.
ive bought 2 cars before i was 18, had no problem insuring them and registering them on my own. only thing i needed parental consent was with getting my actual license.

From what I was explained a Bill of Sale is just a detailed form of a reciept. No different than the "bill of sale" you get buying a Big Mac combo.

Correct me if I'm wrong, cuz I'll need to correct the guy that told me this; which would be our family attorney back when I was 16 and I sold a vehicle AS IS to my 16 y.o. "buddy" and 6 months later his dad wanted to return the vehicle cuz they claimed I sold them a lemon (he took the vehicle on loan hosted by me)

At the end we took them to court (for not paying the loan, balance of the sale), court awarded an extra $800 for my time loss and legal fees. I signed a wavier not to take the extra $800, just wanted my initial $$$ that this "friend" never paid.

Selling cars to friends :thumbsdow

ChargedLextasy
09-04-2007, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by funkedelic
did you already take back the car? If you did you made a big mistake, esspecially if you gave them a refund.

#1 to selling a car..

SELL IT AS IS

As soon as they take possesion of the car, its in their hands, its THEIR problem and it doesn't hold you responsible for what could happen. Maybe the kid blew the engine because he was driving the car too hard or improperly.

I have had a similar problem, about a month later after i had sold a car the lady had some suspension problem and she said she was going to take me to court and that she had talked to a lawyer because i had ripped her off, ect.. and i told her to fuck off basically because the car was sold as is, and had an inspection showing there was no damage to the suspension.

It is their fault to not have checked out the car properly or gotten an inspection before they bought it.. its not your problem that the engine blew, stand your ground and tell them its their problem, if you have "as is" on your bill of sale.. it will hold up EVEN if they decide to take you to court.

GL

Sorry to burst your bubble but i just took my Amvic course. Sold AS IS means NOTHING.

There is a reasonable expectations law. Meaning for example if u pay 20,000 for a car and drive 100kms and the engine blows up. the seller is responsible because the buyer can expect more from a 20,000 car.

But if its a 1000 car then not much can be expected and nothing would be the sellers problem.

funkedelic
09-04-2007, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by ChargedLextasy

Sorry to burst your bubble but i just took my Amvic course. Sold AS IS means NOTHING.

There is a reasonable expectations law. Meaning for example if u pay 20,000 for a car and drive 100kms and the engine blows up. the seller is responsible because the buyer can expect more from a 20,000 car.

But if its a 1000 car then not much can be expected and nothing would be the sellers problem.

reasonable expections law?? I don't understand how that makes sense, any engine can be blown up if you abuse it enough, it doesn't matter if you paid $20,000, a car can only take so much. I can understand 100kms later but how can they prove that the new owner isn't responsible for the damages to the car? AS IS means you are accepting the car in the condition that you buy it in.

STi403
09-04-2007, 03:02 PM
ChargedLextasy is right but im pretty sure it only applys with newer cars. not 89-95 those are sold as is. the car is 15 yrs old so the buyer is at his own risk. trust me call a lawyer.

Accord_tunerx
09-04-2007, 07:03 PM
ahha wtf are you serious...get a lawyer like everyone said...haha your gettting walked all over...

boarderfatty
09-04-2007, 07:14 PM

Sparx
09-04-2007, 07:14 PM
Agreed tell buddy to eat a dick and get yourself a lawyer in the process. Because like everyone else is saying how how do you know the kid didn't over-rev it numerous times or anything like that. Sorry im too lazy to read but does the car have a boost oontroller?

boarderfatty
09-04-2007, 07:27 PM

rc2002
09-04-2007, 07:56 PM
So is the car for sale or not then? Did you give him the money back?

boarderfatty
09-04-2007, 08:04 PM

TE4MFaint
09-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Deal with it by not giving a refund.

As long as you put "Car sold as is, where is" you will be fine. Its a 17 year old car, there is nothing they can do about it.

What he is saying is that if I go out and buy any car, I can just blow it up if I dont like the way it drives after a few days, and get my money back..DONT THINK SO.

The father is gonna have to suck it up and pay for an engine swap or a rebuild..too bad. Shouldn't have bought his son a GTR for a first car, shoulda been a civic :drama:

mekeni
09-04-2007, 08:24 PM
I agree !!! Don't give them a refund or feel bad (unless you're feeling guilty because you know the engine is shot)

otherwise, tell them to talk to your lawyer.

szdzmtr
09-04-2007, 10:13 PM
If he does decide to take you to court and he loses make sure you get your lawyer fees included in the judgement...in essence sue him for your lawyer fees..I did and won..the guy ended up keeping the car and dishing out cash for my lawyer.

finboy
09-04-2007, 10:21 PM
man i hate when buyers pull that bs.

i recently sold my '01 neon, bent over backwards for the buyers, got an inspection where they wanted to get it done, then a week later they come back to me asking for $1900+ for repairs they had to do, claiming that i knew the car needed a ton more work.

the car is sold AS IS, if you don't buy a brand new car from a dealership, don't expect a warranty :thumbsdow

88CRXGUY
09-04-2007, 10:53 PM
This kid isn't from Olds is he?

xLostx
09-04-2007, 11:57 PM
in for the drama

that's some messed up shit, fucking 16 year old speed racers. best of luck owning this kid and his family in or out of court :guns:

New2Talon
09-05-2007, 01:20 AM
it should have been up to the parent/kid/who ever loaned him the money to get the car inspected. If you can spend 17g on a 17 yr old car then you should be able to afford a $200 prebuyers inspection...

boarderfatty
09-05-2007, 07:07 PM
car is no longer for sale the issue has been resolved. please close thread

weedman
09-05-2007, 08:44 PM
so did u end up having to give him a refund or wut?

m3_powered
09-06-2007, 01:58 AM
Don't tell me, I and others wasted time reading this thread or worst wasted time trying to help, I better hear how it was resolved

boarderfatty
09-06-2007, 08:08 PM
I talked to the family lawyer, I talked to his dad, they decided not to persue the issue further, and my lawyer said it wouldn't be smart to talk about the subject anymore. sorry and thanks for the help