PDA

View Full Version : Weekley Workout Regiments/Routines

SteveMo600
09-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Just wondering what everybody's weight training cycle is. I'm always interested in input and advice about what works with other people and such. Here's what I've been doing lately:

Monday: Chest. Abs
Tuesday: Back. Cardio
Wednesday: Triceps. Abs
Thursday: Biceps. Cardio
Friday: Legs
Saturday: Shoulders.Traps. Cardio
Sunday: OFF

Post your workout schedule and/or what has worked for you in the past.

eur0
09-08-2007, 06:20 PM
My schedule is rather messed up because I play shinny hockey (random days) once a week and then speed skate 3 times a week. When I have time for weight training I group them (Chest/Tri's, Back/Bi's, Legs/Shoulders)

Monday: Speed Skate
Tuesday: Speed Skate
Wednesday: Chest/Tri's
Thursday: Speed Skate
Friday: Back/Bi's
Saturday: Legs/Shoulders
Sunday: Off

But throw hockey in one night and it can be 7 days/week. Sometimes I wont do legs and add shoulders to my chest/tricep workout.

SHO
09-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Always listen to my body. If it doesn't feel good whatever body part that may be I don't do it. However sometimes I'm doing power movements back to back other times I don't do them for a week. Only thing I do every time is get a good warm up on cardio machines usually 20 minutes at 60-80% maximum.

kertejud
09-16-2007, 09:23 AM
All my days include a run or bike in the morning and about 10 minutes of warmup on a bike.

Mon: squats, cleans, bench; bike sprints
Tue: dead lifts, bis and tris, shrugs, close grip bench; plyos
Wed: strength circuit
Thur: front squats, speed cleans, pulls; bike sprints
Fri: see monday
Sat: rest
Sun: agility and endurance

pinoyhero
09-16-2007, 09:26 AM
For what its worth ... maybe useless due to lack of legs (pending knee reconstruction) - 6 day schedule, so if you did day one on a monday, next chest day would be the sunday of the same week.

1 - Chest
2 - Back/Bis
3 - Shoulders/Tris
4 - Cardio/Legs/Flexibility
5 - Cardio
6 - Rest

On a modified HSS - 100 program

1-Bar
09-16-2007, 10:25 AM
2 day split, 3 x week. Due to the fact that one body part a week sucks for me when I was doing 5 x week.

1 - Chest, Tri, Legs
2 - Back, Shoulder, Bi

Abs/Core every other day

Mon/Wed/Fri - cardio via jujitsu

davidI
09-16-2007, 11:33 AM
1 - Chest
2 - Back
3 - Shoulders / Abs
4 - Legs
5 - Arms / Calves
6 - Rest or Cardio or Light Circuit Training

Repeat....I don't do it weekly...just in that general order. Sometimes I'll work Chest/Tris & Back/Bi's if I'm feeling crazy.

98type_r
09-17-2007, 02:49 PM
1. chest and triceps
2. back and biceps
3. legs and shoulders

+ mix in cardio on a regular basis and abs twice a week.

pinoyhero
09-17-2007, 08:03 PM
^ Legs need to go solo bro, shoulders and legs are such big muscle groups, doing them together is a sin

kerry
10-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Alright I'm sure some people are going to bash my routine but that's cool it happens. Just wanted to shell out some variety.

I hit where I wanted to hit with my strength training and about 3 weeks ago I blew my shoulder our because of a weight that wasn't locked properly (db press weight shifted because it wasn't tight and pulled my shoulder up).

Decided it was time to change it up so here's my routine.

I change my "cycle" quite often based on how tired I am from work etc but it usually goes as follows.

3 day cycle with a day off after

Day 1 - Circuit and Cardio
Day 2 - Cardio
Day 3 - Circuit and Cardio

Or

Day 1 - Circuit and Cardio
Day 2 - Cardio
Day 3 - Circuit and Cardio
Day 4 - Cardio
Day 5 - Circuit and Cardio

Day 1:

Walk for about 3 minutes then stretch. Then run 1.5 mile at a decent pace (6.2mph). Not doing this to overrun my system, more of a good solid warm up. 2 minute cool down after this short run.

Then to 12 minutes of a decent pace on the elliptical (about 82rpm or whatever that works out to in mph) with a 2 minute cool down.

Now the shitty part. This circuit is meant to be done with a fast explosive style resistance and a slow "bring down". Ie: Fast "push up" part and slow bringing your chest back to the floor.

You want to do this at about 80% of what you have in the tank. So you're pushing really hard throughout.

No rest in between exercises and 1-2 mins of rest between sets. 2 total sets.

10 Floor wipers/side with a 135lb barbell.
15 Elevated Pushups on a bosu ball
15 Closed grip cable row (whatever weight you're okay with)
12 Decline situps
15 Tricep pushups (with hands close in a triangle formation)
10 /side of this exercise I don't know what to call. You basically take a 45 lb plate, put it on a barbell and put the barbell in another plate or in a corner. With your your right hand behind your left, and your right foot at a 90 degree angle with your left about the distance of shoulder width. Press the weight forwards, bring down to your chest and then lower to your right side. Swinging motion to bring the weight back to a straight arm position in front of your body. One rep. Again 10 per side. Stole that from a military training exercise my friend went to.

Once you're done one full circuit you should feel BAGGED. If you don't then do more reps, change exercises or go faster without going over the line. It's basically a full body workout every time and when I leave the gym I feel exhausted. It's great and I've noticed amazing results already.

Cheers!

kerry
10-21-2007, 12:17 PM
Added 10 dips to the end of the routine and am starting to do 3 sets of my circuit on circuit days.

Wow does it ever suck balls.

Give it a try! It's a great addition to a weight training routine to give yourself an interesting dynamic to a usually boring routine.

Also started a new interval training thing with running instead of cruising along at a boring ass pace.

2 min at 6.1mph
2 min at 3.5mph
2 min at 6.6mph
2 min at 3.5mph
2 min at 7.1mph
2 min at 3.5mph
2 min at 7.6mph
2 min at 3.5mph
2 min at 8.1mph
2 min at 3.5mph

Way more exciting than a boring normal run. You can substitute faster speeds if you're capable of it.

Myers
10-21-2007, 03:43 PM
I have a feeling im going to get flamed for this.. but I recently started attenting regularly Hot Room Yoga classes. I go everyother day, and it actually works every muscle in your body out. Already my back feels 10X stronger, and along with playing tennis my fitness is on the up!

kerry
10-21-2007, 07:47 PM
No way dude.

If you can do yoga well you're in amazing shape. As gay of a workout it may look like, yoga requires ridiculous body control and strength.

Darkane
10-21-2007, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero
^ Legs need to go solo bro, shoulders and legs are such big muscle groups, doing them together is a sin

Deadlifts work 70-80% of your lean mass at once. Is that a sin?

Myers
10-21-2007, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by kerry
No way dude.

If you can do yoga well you're in amazing shape. As gay of a workout it may look like, yoga requires ridiculous body control and strength.

No, its true. Its all about training your body to use muscles that dont really ever get used. Breathing exercises work your core soo much esp when your in all sorts of contorted positions. 90 minutes of yoga everyother day is incredible!

89coupe
10-22-2007, 04:19 PM
5 days a week for 1hr.

4-5 sets of 5 or 10 depending on what exercise I'm doing.

Mon - Chest and Bi's
Tues - Tri's and Abs
Wed - Shoulders and Back
Thur - Legs

Sat - One of the above four, depending on how I feel.

Darkane
10-25-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe
5 days a week for 1hr.

4-5 sets of 5 or 10 depending on what exercise I'm doing.

Mon - Chest and Bi's
Tues - Tri's and Abs
Wed - Shoulders and Back
Thur - Legs

Sat - One of the above four, depending on how I feel.

What kind of gains do you make with this routine?

It seems like an aweful lot of volume. I'm assuming you do 4-5 sets per muscle? Rule of thumb for Advanced lifters is to increase 1-1.5lbs a week on the big lifts. Noobs can do as much as 2.5-3 or more a week.

89coupe
10-26-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Darkane

What kind of gains do you make with this routine?

It seems like an aweful lot of volume. I'm assuming you do 4-5 sets per muscle? Rule of thumb for Advanced lifters is to increase 1-1.5lbs a week on the big lifts. Noobs can do as much as 2.5-3 or more a week.

Gains in what? Muscle mass or strength? Or both?

I'm not really trying to gain, but more or less maintain what I have.

I'm 6' 190lbs. I was up to 205lbs for awhile and the beer gut was starting to show.

Now I'm leaning down again.

A pic of me. No stupid comments please.

http://www.designsanew.com/images/me2.jpg

Darkane
10-26-2007, 06:58 PM
Gains in poundage on the big 3. I didn't know you were maint.

But why stop? Getting stronger and getting bigger don't really go hand in hand you know.. Stay the same size and be strong as an ox :)